Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] LET'S BE FRIENDS, STRANGER [Scorpio/Eva] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm
While Eva would never want to admit it, she had kiiiiiind of slacked off on her training in her absence. Just a little. It was difficult to get back into the swing of things, and she had woken up early for the last few days in an effort to regain her old morning training routine. It was...hard. And painful. Her muscles were aching from the daily exercise, but she kept at it anyways, intent on kicking her butt into gear now that she was back.

Standing in the middle of the training grounds that morning, Eva went through the list of her moves. Slash, strike, stab--she cycled through them repeatedly in and effort to re-familiarize herself with the motions. It wasn't until she decided to take a break and give Chara a twirl did things go awry.

...Namely, she had accidentally let her weapon slip from her grip, sending it flying a few feet in front of her. While Chara let out a string of curses, Eva playfully lifted her hand to shield her eyes.

"Whooops! Haven't done that in a while!"

Eva!

"I know, I know!" Grinning from ear to ear, the woman trot forward to retrieve her staff, brushing it off with her gloves hands before pressing her cheek to the crystal that topped the weapon, "Sorry, Chara!"

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:42 pm
There was another hand attached to her staff, grubby little fingers -- covered in skin -- that just didn't want to let go.

"Hello," he said, beaming a bit like a skull on halloween, "who is Chara?"

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 pm
Eva didn't even notice her company until he spoke up--and until Chara started complaining very loudly in her head about getting this stranger's hands off of her.

Whereas her weapon was in a rage, the huntress only offered the man a startled blink before her lips spread into a friendly grin. Beaming back at him, she freed one of her hands so that she could lift it and give a little flutter of her fingers in hello.

"Hello to you too! Are you new here?"

Eva, do something! Eva!

Visibly cringing at the volume of the voice in her head, Eva gestured towards her weapon. "This is Chara! And actually, sorry, would you mind letting go of her? She can be a little...touchy when a someone else grabs a hold onto her."

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:37 am
"I am," he said, slowly thinking, "older than you. But, I am very new here!" A brilliant grin of white, white teeth flashed at her, wiggling his fleshy fingers right back at her.

He did not let go.

"Do I have to? What will happen if I don't?"

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:55 am
Eva laughed. That first bit...hadn't exactly been what she was asking, but she did end up getting an answer to her question anyways. She wouldn't deny that this guy seemed to be a bit of an odd fellow but really, who was she to judge?

"Chara says yes, you have to let go," she answered, translating her weapon's present yelling in a slightly more polite and tactful manner. "And if you don't...well, she'll get very, very mad at the both of us, and I'd rather not have my weapon furious with me if at all possible. Makes working together a teensy bit harder than necessary."

Grinning sheepishly, she rubbed the back of her neck with a gloved hand. "Oh! What's your name anyways? I'm Eva."

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 pm
"Oh," he said, brows furrowed. "Why does it matter if she's mad?" Bony fingers let go of Eva's weapon, almost reluctant. "I'm--"

Uhm.

He squinted, looking all around, cheeks colouring from a moment of hesitation. "Uh," he said, eloquent, trying to think of things he liked. Moths. Bugs. Centipedes. "Scorpio-" Scorpion wasn't a name, "ohhhh. Scorpio!"

The human that was Scorpio beamed. "Eva is a nice name. You don't have red hair, so of course it is nice."

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:11 pm
Smiling, Eva--to her weapon's great relief--unsummoned Chara once the man released his grip. "It matters because I don't like making my friends mad at me when I can help it. That, and..." she tapped at her temple and laughed, "It's not like I can run from her when she's angry, y'know?"

She noticed his hesitation with giving out his name, but decided not to question it. Maybe he decided to take on a new alias upon arrived to this island? A new place, a new life kind of thing? If it was one thing that Eva had learned from her time here, it was that people had their quirks and she shouldn't pry about their lives before Deus.

"Thank you!" she chirped, though she tactfully chose to skirt around the red hair comment since she wasn't sure how to answer that, "I really like your name too!"

"So, Scorpio," she began, unabashedly reaching out to pat his head (it was too tempting) with a gloved hand, "How are you finding this place so far?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm
"That doesn't make very much sense," Scorpio supplied helpfully, reaching out to pat the top of Eva's head, just because he could, and because she'd started it. "But I accept your answer."

He hummed loudly, twisting in place for a moment. "It is nice. I have never been on an island before. The sun reminds me of home, though. Where is your home?"

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm
She blinked up at him with wide eyes, confused about what part of what she said didn't make sense. Then, being Eva, she shrugged it off with a grin and leaned into the headpats like some kind of overeager pup.

While still patting his head.

"That's good! And I'm from a tiny town in Saskatchewan. What about you?"

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 pm
Scorpio was all here for the headpattings. He continued to pat Eva, in hopes that she would continue. "I am from the desert, a long long long way away from here. Is it hot in Sketchy Wanton?"

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 pm
Since Scorpio had yet to stop with patting her head, Eva kept at it as well. They were probably getting a few passing stares from other hunters, but that apparently wasn't enough to deter her. Since her new acquaintance didn't seem to mind anyways, she didn't see much reason to stop.

Except, you know, the blood draining from her arm because she was elevating it for an extended amount of time...but she could probably still hang on for a couple of minutes or so.

"Oh man, the desert." She crinkled her nose a little. She had pleeeenty of bad memories linked to deserts. "And uh, no, not really! The weather back home is pretty mild most of the time, I'd say. Definitely not as hot as where you come from I'm sure."

"So! Seeing as you're new here, do you have any questions? Anywhere you want to explore?"

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:48 am
If only Scorpio could purr, so that he could at this very moment. Having skin, perhaps, was kind of nice, for this alone.

"I see," he said, nodding his head along. "I do not know. I saw the towns and the bar, and then I was in a hall, and I heard about the Infirmary. What do you recommend seeing?" It was like he was a tourist, asking for the best places to sight see.

Which, well.

Not entirely inaccurate here.

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:03 pm
Eva hesitated. "Well, I mean...Deus isn't exactly the most exciting of places, so I can't say that I'd really recommend any specific place," she laughed her hand pausing atop his head, "But I could show you the portal we use to get off the island when we want to visit other places."

A pause.

"Or the cafeteria if you're hungry." Eva was not a good tour guide.

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:33 pm
"Do not be silly!" Scorpio exclaimed, squishing Eva's cheeks between both of his very fleshy hands, exuberant. "I think it is a very exciting place. What is a cafeteria? I want to see that."

Kaiyumi

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:00 pm
Chara let out a noise of protest when Scorpio's hands were suddenly on her huntress' face, but Eva didn't seem to mind. She let out a muffled, funny-sounding laugh before reaching up and gently trying to pull his hands down and away from her cheeks.

And then she reached out to do the exact same thing back to him.

"The cafeteria is where we eat, but sure, I'll be happy to show you! This way!" Eva danced backwards and gestured for the man to follow.

lurks beneath

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces