[ORP] S'more Ghost Stories - 'monster' p.3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:23 pm
The sun was setting. The sky was a whirl of pinks, purple, and the looming navy that grew as the sun disappeared. Shadows were merging with the night sky and it was beginning to get dark. The Phonyland woods gave an extra blanket of shade, as the trees were thick and close together. There was a small clearing among them; it was the perfect spot for camping.

A collection of small tents were set up, ready to use by a collection of foals. A picnic table was littered with your typically camping food: marshmallows, hot dogs, buns, chips… there was hardly a healthy snack in sight.

At the center of the space was a wide circle made of logs and large stones. They made the perfect place to sit around a roaring fire. It fire itself was built in a sunken dirt pit with a logs piled together; a ring of stones marked it’s area of confinement. Two red buckets were near by, one filed with water and another with soil.

A collection of babs sat together around the glowing fire. It was a motley gathering that grew randomly that day. One bab wanted to camp out and slowly word of mouth spread and numerous foals came to the woods to set up a camp.

Quote:
What is this?:This is an ORP for babs to earn an element [most likely laughter or honesty, but if you want to try something else, go for it!]. How? Through telling scary ghost stories around a camp fire. The main idea is for babs to get an element, if you have no babs adults are welcome as I’m sure someone would think adult supervision is necessary around a fire.

How is this going to work? :The ORP has a set schedule, with ample room to make your posts. It has 4 stages and each stage will be posted a week apart. You only need to post once between the stages for RP and reactions to things, however more posts are definitely encouraged for interactions. The more rp between players the better!

Stage 1: Set up and Intro. Babs around a fire doing camp fire things like roasting marshmallows and getting to know each other.

Stage 2: Suggestion of ghost stories. Torchwood will start and pass around a flashlight. Tell the scariest campfire stories you have! Make up monsters and boogie-men, tell a real one! Or be the scaredy cat that wants to hide behind their friend.

Stage 3: There’s a weird sound in the woods! Freak out! Jump into action mode ready to fight off monsters! Hide in the tents!

Stage 4: Relax, it’s only ______________. Laugh. Cry. Admit your fears. Admit your story was made up. Share your marshmallows because someone dropped theirs in the fire… Do your element earning thing here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nimbus sat between his brother and sister while he, with stick in mouth, roasted a particularly large marshmallow. It was just starting to crisp, turning a light amber color when he pulled it out, removing the stick from his mouth and popping the marshmallow in. He turned his attention to the foals outside of his family circle, many of which he had never seen before. Mouth still full of marshmallow, he waved a hoof barely getting out a "Hello" between chews.

Finally swallowing his marshmallow, Nimbus flapped his wings excitedly, just enough to left him off the ground. He wasn't the best flyer yet but, he was learning and often showed his excitement through flying. "I'm Nimbus!" he piped up as he looked around at the other foals joining them. "When I grow up I'm going to be the best storm chaser in all the land!" With a flop he landed back on the ground, smiling at the other Phony. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you!"

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:34 am
Aquarius had heard of the camp out and decided to go. He figured he could get a nicer view of the stars far from the main area of the park's light pollution. And maybe meet some new friends? The blue foal grabbed some marshmallows to roast by the fire, happy to be here. As nervous as he was, it was very relaxing to be out here...

He sat down at the fire pit, across from a purple pegasus who seemed excited to be there. He said his name was Nimbus. He locked eyes with him briefly and looked away, embarrassed. "I'm Aquarius. I'm glad to meet you all, as well."

Smiling shyly, he used his new roasting stick to get some golden marshmallows roasting. Tonight was supposed to be a fun night!

------

Lavender Lemon wasn't usually a camping type of girl (she really liked using ice and being able to cook real food) but it wouldn't be for more than one night! It was something fun she could experience, and who knew who else would be there? New friends? Maybe Sugar Petal was coming too, and she and her best friend could spend the night sharing a tent and just talking and eating marshmallows and chips. Speaking of, Lav went and grabbed a plate of chips and sat down near the fire pit. She'd go back for hot dogs and marshmallows later, but for now she wanted to get a good seat.

Her eyes wandered the campsite looking at all the kids who gathered. She didn't really know any of them yet, but she'd seen some of them. She waved at everyone who looked at her. "I'm Lavender Lemon, and like, you might have seen me at my parent's restaurant, Cloud Nine. It's the best one in all of Phonyland, you know," she said, grinning.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sitting next to her brother, Lightning Strike was enjoying a plate of chips. The marshmallows looked good, but she didn't want to try roasting one yet, just content to be near her family and the fire. There were a bunch of other foals around which interested her, since she hadn't really interacted with anyone outside of her family. She'd met aunts and uncles and her grandparents and had seen other phonies, but this was different.

Giving her brother a small bemused smile, she finished her chip and said "Hi, I'm Lightning Strike. It's really nice to see you all." It wasn't much of an introduction, but it would do.

In the background, Orchid sat near the fire but far enough away that he wouldn't crowd the young group. While he wasn't too worried about the fire, he was just making sure that everyone would be safe and was there if anything else was needed that couldn't be handled. He smiled as he watched his children talk though, glad to see them getting along.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sugar Petal trailed behind Chocolate Orchid and Lightening Strike, eyes flicking to spot Lavender Lemon as she settled into her spot beside her niece, poking at a marshmallow on a stick with narrow eyes. She was trying to roast them, but each time the filly set them ablaze, unable to master the art of roasting the soft fluffy candies. Shyly, she waved gently with her hoof.

"I'm Sugar Petal. Hi." Oh, she tried. That was apparently the best she had. Slipping up from her seat, she wiggled over to settle beside Lavender Lemon, delighted that the other was here. It wouldn't be so nerve wracking now that her best friend was also at the camp!

- - - - -

User Image Blind Love had practically begged her parents to let her go to the camp, beyond excited to meet others her age and maybe even make friends. She had yet to actually befriend anyone who wasn't her siblings or parents, and now it was time! Grabbing a few marshmallows as she settled down in the group, the filly gave a bright and charismatic smile.

"Hello! I'm Blind Love, and I live with Noel and Negative, who are my parents! It's so nice to meet everyone." Her soft voice perked up as she mentioned her parents before returning to the art of roasting marshmallows. Oh, she had a feeling this would be a fun event.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Basically Cremebunny headed towards the snacks immediately. He had heard there was a fun little camp going on but certainly what sold him on going were the new things he could taste! -- Well, also meeting new phonies-- of course.

"Hiya! I'm Cremebunny!" he said a little for an afterthought, already having a bunch of marshmallows on his stick, settling near the fire for the sweet snack to cook.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 am
Nimbus smiled as the others introduced themselves. With luck he'd be making some new friends tonight! His eyes lingered on one Phony in particular though, one he had never seen before until now. His gorgeous blue eyes sparkled in the light of the fire, captivating the young Phony. Catching eyes with the beautiful stranger, he felt himself blush.

Getting up, he slowly pranced over to the other foal, plopping down next to him. He had never felt this way before but, he had to learn more about the blue colt. Smiling at the other, he finally spoke up. Hi...Aquarius was it? It's nice to meet you!" He gently held out his hoof for a friendly hoof bump, feeling himself blush again.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The bushes nearby the fire began to rustle and shake and after a few moments, out popped a brown filly. After shaking leaves and small twigs from herself, she took a moment to assess the scene in front of her. "Er..hello. My name is Labyrinth." she said a bit awkwardly. "I thought I smelled smoke and I was making sure that nothing was on f..." her eyes drifted to all the snacks. "But you know everything seems fine here so you know.." her sentence trailed off as she grabbed several items, a few marshmallows, a hot dog and bun and returned to the fire, sitting beside the purpley pink filly with golden streaks in her long, dark hair. She flashed her a bright smile and a extra "Hi!".

"Cheers!" she said, using her magic to hold the hot dog and the marshmallows near the fire. Lab was famished!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Penny hesitated as she approached the group. Mmm..she didn't know any of these foals at all. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all..but she'd already been dropped off and neither parent was going to come for her till the next day so she was pretty well stuck.

Ok, you can do this. she mentally psyched herself up. "Greetings and Salutations. My name is Penny." she introduced herself as she alighted near the grey pegasus that had stripes of many colors. "I hope this evening proves to be delightful."  

Astraea Pandora

Crew

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 pm

"A-ah... yes. And yours was Nimbus?" Aquarius raised his hoof to touch the other foal's and could feel the heat rising to his face. The purple pegasus was really cool! But they could be friends right? He seemed friendly enough, despite the way his heart was racing. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I really hope to have a lot of fun tonight!" he said. He smiled, but averted his gaze shyly.

He looked around at everyone who came. There really was a lot of interesting babbies who showed up, and hopefully some of them could be friends.
Yunonia

------

Lavender was delighted to see Sugar Petal showed up. She couldn't help but scoot a bit closer to her and grin. "Sugar! It's great to see a familiar face," she whispered to the unicorn as she settled in place. Lav munched on her chips, greeting others as they arrived until a dark colored filly sat next to her."Oh wow! Your wings are sooo cool, Penny! Like, I've never seen a flutter's wings up close before. They're so neat and transparent!" she enthused.

Yushika

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:31 pm

"Oh, um, hello!" Lightning Strike replied back, surprised at her entrance. She hadn't been expecting Labyrinth to show up, but she did say it was kind of nice to meet someone else. "My dad's nearby, he's helping make sure it doesn't get out of control. Were you exploring in the forest?" She asked, realizing how she had got here.
Astraea Pandora

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 am

A sandy colored unicorn colt sat close to his siblings until one moved to investigate. His ocher eyes glanced around at everyone that was there, politely nodding to acknowledge them all. "Hey, I'm Torchwood, so neat that you all showed up here! Especially the wander from the woods... " He leaned back and gave the brown unicorn an awkward wave. "I'm surprised you've survived in the woods alone. But at least you're here now, and we're all safe and cozy around this here fire."

Torchwood took his own roasting stick and stuck a few marshmallows on it. Using his unicorn magic, he held it over the fire, watching for it to turn a nice golden color. They caught fire instead. Reeling them back, Torchwood frantically huffed and puffed over them to knock out the flame. Happily he munched on the blackened gooey treat and muffled a "still good."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:24 pm
User Image Tough was a little late to the party. Instead of going in blind, he had studied as much as he could in Da's book. So many stories! Some were really scary, but he wasn't scared. Not at all. At least not scared enough to avoid coming to the lovely little party. Tough was much too enamored with the idea of telling stories to ignore this chance.

Hmm? His sister was here! And other family. He trotted over and sat beside Sugar Petal. Once settled, he nodded to the group, "I'm Tough Talker. Nice to meet you all."  

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 pm
Labyrinth smiled around her hotdog and nodded. "Yush!" she said, swallowing her bite. "I was looking for hidden and lost places. You never know where they are, it's really fun." Finishing off her hotdog, she grins super big at Torchwood, her fangs glinting in the firelight. "Oh no, it's really not all that bad at all, you both could come with me sometime if you wanted."

PeanutButterpies

zippedsiren

Penny nodded at the babby pegasus. "Yes my wings are visually delightful to look at. Sometimes when the sun filter through the scales they refract the light in such a way orange pigment is reflected onto surfaces." Penny's mentally cringed. She was using those big words again. "I mean, yes they are, thank you." the flutter looked down awkwardly.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 pm

She was always one to show up fashionably late to a gathering, or rather had she even been invited? Regardless Hex was always up for a good gathering around a fire! She stood off to the side with a bag draped over her back, watching and listening to the other Phony talk amongst themselves. She didn't know there was another cult in Phonyland! She did a small jump for joy as she trotted over to the closest little filly with soft pink fur and white hair. She slid up next her, taking in the atmosphere before speaking.

"Blind love huh? But are you blind to the truth?" She chuckled to herself as she pulled a flyer out of her bag and set it next to the pastel Phony. On it it mentioned various conspiracy theories complete with lots of triangles and a whole paragraph about the Illuminati. "This is a must read for anyone thinking about joining a cult! Speaking of which you seem to have a nice cult going on here. Do you gather here often? I can't say I've ever seen anyone burning a effigy of their enemies...using marshmallows is it? Mind if I try this too?" Grabbing up a few marshmallows she arranged them in what appeared to be a silhouette of a horse before taking it in her mouth and hovering it gently above the fire, a sparkle in her eyes.

Yushika
Hope you don't mind me tossing my girl at your cutie. I thought they'd make for a fun interaction!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nimbus grinned and nodded at the blue foal. "I can't believe I already made my first friend! I hope we have lots of fun together tonight!" He fluttered his wings excitedly, feeling heat rise to his face again. He grabbed a few more marshmallows and popped them into his mouth and looked back at Aquarius, at a loss for words. Why was it so hard to talk to his new friend. He had never had this problem before but, when he was around this gorgeous blue foal nothing came out right. "T-these marshmallows are great, aren't they?" he stuttered out, feeling himself blush again.

purplerosesbeauty

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out