Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 vs 1] Clipped wings [Ever/Zeke] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:35 pm
Released the day before, Ezekiel had spent the majority of his time since then--about 11 hours--sleeping. There was something about being cooped up in the infirmary that was just exhausting, despite the fact he had had nothing better to do with his time besides reading and sleeping between the few guests he'd had. The familiar smell of antiseptic, maybe, from his long hours pulling hospital shifts. Either way, the man hadn't done more than change before falling into bed and passing out.

When he'd woken up it had come with a measure of confusion for having found himself in his own bed. When that had passed he had cleaned up, gotten dressed, and head out of his room, angling down the hall towards the entrance of the Dorms.

He wasn't heading outside though, yet. Instead he came to a stop outside room 104 and gave a quick rat-a-tat against the door before leaning on the wall beside it. One face he hadn't seen during his most recent stay in the infirmary was Ever, but it was hard to fault him, not after what they'd been through already. If Zeke could have avoided the infirmary himself he would have. Instead, there had been many a painkiller induced text sent in the blondes direction, and that had been pretty amusing on it's own.

While he was now free, there was still evidence of his stay on her person. A small, shiny scar stood out over his right brow in sharp relief to tanned skin, and his left arm was still swathed in bandages. The skin beneath was whole again, but it was new, a little tender yet. Brows and hair were a touched singed still. He was in dire need of haircut.

Since his brand spankin' new Jacket had been ruined by the fire, he was going without. Old jeans and a light t-shirt.

and be blue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 am
Ever was still damp from a shower, between coming and going, when he answered the door -- but maybe on a long in-between, considering the scattering of familiar papers on the bed behind him, the same ones Ever had been sorting through on and off since they'd gotten back from the mission. He'd never been much for puzzles, before, but maybe that was because he'd never been handed quite the right puzzles --

"...oh. Zeke." He blinked, surprised maybe, scraping wet hair back out of his eyes and squinting at the other man. He was at least [maybe sadly] dressed, even if he was also barefoot. "What's up?"

Awkward.

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:06 am
Awkward for one, but not both. Zeke flashed a lazy grin at the other man as he greeted him, taking in the wet hair, the bare feet. If the Mist was mad or upset about Ever not coming the infirmary over the last few days, it certainly didn't show now. There was a slight twitch of brows at Ever's reaction to seeing him, but that was more curious than anything else.

"Busy?" A nod of his head indicated the paperwork spread out across the bed, fairly certain he knew what they contained. Horsemen runes, whatever footage they'd collected from the lair, and anything else that might have already been on file on the island.

Pale eyes flicked back, settling on Ever again. "How about a spar?" There was weight behind the request. Zeke hadn't summoned his weapon since she'd been broken, he was both curious and anxious to see how well she'd healed herself, if she was the shape she had been, or a new one altogether.

Aside from that, there was also the matter of them being on more equal footing now. Ever had always been a rank above him, always had the closer bond with his weapon, but Zeke had finally caught up. He was eager to see if it made much of a difference.

and be blue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:21 pm
It got a pause, and then a lazy sort of shift -- Ever settling in the doorway in front of Zeke, casually too-close in a way that he didn't even notice, probably, not quite brushing shoulder against shoulder. He thought about it, looking Zeke over to make sure he was alright and pulling back before either of them could lean in and turn this from one thing to something else entirely.

"You want me to kick your a** again?" Thoughtless and comfortable as he turned to find his shoes, hunting around for clean socks, as well. Mismatched. "That's the kind of mood you're in?"

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:45 am
Zeke had noticed the shift, the close proximity. It would have been easy to turn, to back the other man into the room and close the door with a kick. Temptation was there.

Probably better that Ever slid away when he did. The Mist leered after him as he went to find shoes and socks. Leaning in the door way, pale eyes following him as he moved. "If you can." It was an easy sort of challenge, because there wasn't any lost pride on the line. If Ever happened to look back at him, he'd see the wolfish grin. All teeth and lingering eyes.

and be blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:31 pm
"Your lazy a** has been in bed for days, again, it seems likely." Ever had to hop and fumble to get into his socks, fighting with his hair as he shoved feet into boots. It kept falling, frustratingly, into his eyes, around his face, and it took him a bit to get it tucked back away behind his ears.

The moment he leaned forward to tie his boots, it immediately fell forward again. He blew out an annoyed sigh. "How long have you even been out?"

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm
"Lazy, he says," Zeke mused, chuckling softly under his breath as he brought a hand up to run fingers through his hair. Or maybe he was chucking over Ever's on-going battle with his hair. Every time it seemed as if he had it under control, one wrong move sent it tumbling forward again. It was getting long. Maybe Zeke wasn't the only one that needed a trim.

Almost absently he went for the rune carved pendant around his neck, thumb following the dip of the crack that had shrank significantly over the last month. "Yesterday afternoon. I've been asleep." Eleven hours of full, uninterrupted sleep in his own bed. Apparently he'd needed it.

and be blue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 pm
Laces tied and he took a moment to blink up at Zeke before he straightened: reaching into his pocket to grab the little cigarette case and spin it between his fingers. Considering. To him, Zeke still looked off, but maybe it was just in his mind. Certainly, this seemed like a bad idea, but then, the pair of them were full of those.

"Where? Training field, I'm guessing, nice and save within the wards...?" He stopped the spin, nodding Zeke along.

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:20 pm
Brows rose in response to that thoughtful look, a silent inquiry to a question that didn't come. Instead Ever asked something else, something easier, and Zeke dipped his head in a nod, smiling. "Considering Paige threatened to break my arms and legs and beat me bloody if I landed myself in the infirmary again, the training field is probably the best place." Though he'd be lying if he didn't wonder, wasn't tempted, to step outside the safety of the wards.

Not against just anyone, mind. He wouldn't take that calculated risk without trusting the person he was going to be facing off against. And since he wasn't much willing to hurt Harley or Paige, that pretty much left Ever. He trusted himself to stop before things went too far, and he trusted the same from the Life.

Something to consider, perhaps, but for another day.

Out the door and into the hall, he kept his pace slow until Ever was at his side again. "I told you I can hear her again, didn't I?" He was fairly certain he had, but without checking through his phone it was hard to be sure. He'd sent a lot of texts over the last few days, and he'd been under some very heavy painkillers for the first forty eight hours. "Kind of crazy how much of a relief it is to have that other voice in my head again." Especially given the less than smooth start to their partnership.

Lagertha gave a soft rumble of approval. She still wasn't at her usual loud self, but she was getting closer day by day.

and be blue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 am
"That sounds nice." Ever sounded like he meant it, at least, just faintly wistful, his own eyes going distant as he looked down to the little totem. They could walk together: companionable without holding hands or touching, easy with each other without being tied down. It was a fairly good analogy for their entire relationship. Not that Ever thought about it: his own thoughts were elsewhere.

"I could do with more silence, sometimes. Amory's so crazy, there's times I think it's a miracle I'm not." It was strangely open, in a way that made Ever shift, almost uncomfortable with it. "At least he's stopped joking about me killing myself."

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:51 pm
That would get a startled blink, a long glance from the Mist as he tried to decide just how serious Ever was being. It didnt sound like a joke, though nor was the Life in the habit of talking about things quite like that.

To his credit, Zeke didn't make a big deal out of it. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, head tipping just slightly to one side as an easy smile touched his lips. "Things to be grateful for," he agreed, tone utterly mild as they reached the door and he stepped forward to grab it, holding it for Ever to slip through before following.

"Feel free to use that one charge as much as you'd like," was offered with a wider, pointed grin as they headed for the field. "The nice one." Probably not a bad idea to emphasis, least Ever decided to be a smart a**.

and be blue

and be blue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 pm
"Oh, the nice one." He chewed on that for a bit, eyes narrowed as he followed Zeke [maybe his attention wandering just a little] and absently summoned his weapon from cigarette case to dagger and sheath, turning the blade slowly in his hand.

"Have you read anything by someone named Anne Rice? Amory says you can thank her for that one." And Ever definitely wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Beejoux rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm
Zeke just smirked, shoulders twitching in the barest hint of a shrug. "If you're going to kick my a**, it's the least you could do," he teased, running his thumb over the ridge on his totem again.

"Interview with the vampire." He hadn't finished the series, finding the writing tedious and hard to get into, but he'd made it through the first and second books before another series had drawn his attention from it. He tipped his head, expression going thoughtful at the mention, before he gave a soft huff of amusement.

You ready?

{Get on with it, boil. Enough inaction, you have had enough of a rest.}

Another soft snort, followed by the roll of pale eyes. He'd take his weapon at her word though.

There was a soft flare of blue as the pendant vanished, reforming into something much larger, but exactly what he'd been expecting. The chain remained, if shorter. Duel handles were there, though one was empty, still showing obvious signs of wear. The other, larger now, longer, had two blades now; one larger, flaring up and out, the other smaller. He took a moment to stare down at the weapon in clear interest, turning the axe in his hand as the other handle was allowed to slip from his fingers. "I had been wondering," he admitted, still a little distracted. "If she was going to look the same after that. I guess I have my answer."

and be blue

and be blue rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:25 pm
"Vampires don't actually have to drink blood, so it must come from humanity's expectations." Ever offered it in a matter of fact way, watching Zeke study his weapon -- and when it became clear he wasn't about to look up, he stepped in to thwack him a good one with the chained sheath of his weapon, taking advantage of the distraction. His intention wasn't to hit quite that hard: he looked surprised, and then with a flicker, amused by the impact.

"Wake up, are we doing this?"

HP: 50/50
Charge: 1/3
DMG: 11 >_>

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 10 Total: 20 (2-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:40 pm
He made an interested hum at the tidbit of info, but didn't look up. Not until he felt the stinging impact of the sheath smacking him hard in the side. It made him jerk, hissing, before he snapped wide eyes on the other man as he questioned him. His expression was somewhere between surprise, amusement, and irritation, flicking between the three before he gave a hake of his head and settled into an easy smirk. "Yes we are."

{Do not let that stand.}

Considering how every one of their previous spars had ended, Zeke hadn't really expected to win this. He wasn't expecting to move quite as fast, or hit quite as hard. So it came as something of a shock when he moved, quicker than expected, and brought the axe down in a powerful sweep across the front of Ever's thin body.

Holy s**t.

{Did you doubt me, boil?}

Not exactly, but I wasn't sure you'd fully repaired, what with the lingering crack.}

The valkyrie laughed, not quite as loud as she had in the past, but it was every bit as filled with pride.

HP: 39
DMG: 14
CHG: 1/3

and be blue

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items