Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Rise and Shine [Ever x Ripley] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:23 pm
It was possible Ever was avoiding the infirmary, or maybe he was just trying to get up the energy to go inside: either way, for the better part of half an hour, he circled the outside of the building and smoke what few cigarettes he still had left, to such a degree that it almost counted as exercise.

In the end, he didn't go in. Instead, with a sigh, he snuffed out his cigarette and took off in the other direction: all restless energy and uneasy shifting. His feet took him the long way around but the end destination was certain, at least. The training fields.

enoh love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 pm
There was someone else actively avoiding the infirmary; he couldn't justify going for such slight wounds, not when there were burn and electrocution victims present. Resources would be better put towards them, and he would be just fine with Wilhelm's healing, even if it took a little longer. So, after a day or two of general downtime to watch over Finn, Ripley decided to just get back to his routine. If he pretended that everything was okay, it ultimately would be.

He had already done his morning run, and as usual, that meant the next thing was the training fields. So far he had managed to drag himself to the fields, but he had yet to actively begin anything; instead, he sat on a bench, his bag between his feet, and his gaze on the sky. His arms hung seemingly limply across his lap, though one hand curled up, putting a small amount of pressure against his side, where his bite wound lingered.

With the majority of the island either in the infirmary or working there in some capacity, seeing someone else nearby was certainly cause for interest. Amber eyes lowered from the sky as he heard the oncoming footsteps, and continued to stare, unreadable, as recognition set in. Yes, he vaguely recalled this hunter, and the swift kick he had given.

So, this should be interesting.

"You survived." He commented idly and somewhat against his better judgement. "Unharmed?" At least not incapacitated, he noted.

and be blue

Enoh Love

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 pm
There was a brief, blank-eyed pause, in which it seemed blatantly clear Ever had no idea who he was -- and when recognition set in, it was like a switch being flipped. It brought a grin, easy and thoughtless, to his mouth. It drove away the absent shadow that had pulled his eyebrows together as he endlessly circled the infirmary.

"Aside from Zeke beating the s**t out of me...I've had worse, definitely." He shook his head, looking Ripley over more thoroughly for a moment as he came to a halt in front of him. There was still a cigarette burning between two fingers but, by now, it was little more than a stub. Almost dead. He just hadn't given up on it yet.

"And you..?" This was more skeptical, his eyes flicking to the awkward way Ripley's arm hung. "I, uh, don't know your name."

enoh love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 pm
"Haven't we all." Ripley agreed, as he filed the other name away in his memory, recalling the face of the unknown third party - or perhaps fourth, if he counted the raging Finn. He recognized the skepticism in the other man's voice, and paired with that quick glance, he could make a pretty good guess as to where this conversation was going. His grip loosened, his arms sliding off of his lap as he stood.

"Survived, yes. Minor injures only." He assured the stranger, before offering out a gloved hand. "Ripley Crowell. Death Intermediate. And you?"

and be blue

Enoh Love

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:24 pm
"Ever Ambrodiel." In contrast, his hand was ungloved -- with ash on his fingertips, still, a smudge along his middle finger that sat very dark against otherwise pale skin. Along with the hand, shaking easily, he offered a lopsided, too-wide, bright and cheerful sort of grin. Easy-going, certainly.

"Life Intermediate. I feel like we have to fight about it now, or something." Opposites, in a way that made his eyes bright and amused.

enoh love

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:33 pm
"Pleasure to meet you." Hopefully. Thankfully, his gloves were black - the ash did not bother him. His own handshake was firm, and when their hands released, his went back to hanging at his side. The ghost of a smile formed on his lips at the observation, ready to dismiss it, until he realized where they were. "Well." He mused, turning his gaze away from Ever to look at the field. "We are already here." Might as well, right? Honour and all that dumb s**t.

"If you're interested."

and be blue

Enoh Love

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:08 pm
"Uh." Ever's own good cheer turned to something thoughtful, instead, maybe just a bit uncertain, head cocked to the side as his eyes flicked back down to Ripley's arm, the uncomfortable way he held himself. He shoved his hand back into his pocket and tried not to seem condescending or weird -

"No chance I'll break you, or anything?" Never mind that, despite the inches Ever had on Ripley, they likely weighed the same. He was reed-like, under his clothing. Still, the worry was genuine. "I mean, I guess you have to get back on the horse eventually, but..."

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:09 pm
"Impossible." Ripley replied, clearly taking no offence to the concern he was being shown. "The field has buffers." It wasn't like out on the field, where everything could and certainly tried to break every little piece of you.

"I'm not the only injured one here." He commented idly after a moment of silence, before taking the initiative to turn and walk towards the bulk of the field, summoning his two-toned sword as he went.

and be blue

Enoh Love

and be blue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:43 pm
There was just a beat, bemused, before Ever started after: smoothly summoning his own weapon, stiletto in one hand and sheath in the other. He settled just a few steps away from Ripley, rolled out his shoulders, head cocked to watch him prepare. They looked similar, but it was all on the surface, superficial: Riley a cool calm against the wry flash of amusement on Ever's face, and self-assured against Ever's wary consideration.

"If you say so, then." He brought up the stiletto and raised his eyebrows. But he still didn't look sure.

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:06 pm
"Just bear with me." He asked after a moment's pause, recalling perhaps a bit too late that he was really bad at fighting. Well, it was too late for him to back out now, and really he didn't want to. It was something for him to work on, at the very least.

He took Ever's own pause to be an invitation to strike first, and he made an attempt - but as he lifted his arms, trying to heave the heavy sword, the wound in his side screamed in protest. His attack, which he had hoped would do great things, in fact did nothing.

HP: 50/50
Damage: 0 because naturally

and be bblue

Enoh Love

and be blue rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:35 pm
All Ever had to do was lean back out of Ripley's reach -- with a concerned expression flashing across his face. He brought his own weapon up, carefully, and opted to defend with the sheath instead of lashing out with the blade, worrying at the inside of his cheek as he watched the other man.

He defended well, at least, posture carefully closed down. "You're still sure this is a good idea?"

Charge: 0/3
DEF: 6

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:22 pm
"Best to try now, when it's safe." As safe as Deus could be, anyway. A worst-case scenario would have him do this terrible attempt at battling in an actual life or death situation.

This time, when he strained against his wounds, he managed to land a small hit. Sure, it was deflected by the other's weapon, but details.

"But if you would prefer we not..." He trailed off.

Damage: 0

and be blue

Enoh Love

and be blue rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-20)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:13 pm
Ever made a sound, barely more than a huff of a breath -- but Ripley had nearly landed that blow, if he hadn't been prepared, it might have butted up against his shield. So, after a pause, he swung back: an arcing swipe of that wickedly sharp knife to drive Ripley back a step, and see if he fell on his a**.

"I could fight one-handed, too, though I don't know what I'd do with the other half of my weapon. At least it'd even the playing field, a bit."

Charge: 1/3
DMG: 4

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 pm
Ripley jumped back, immediately trying to get out of the way of the knife's swing. It sliced against him, and he surged back in the moment he saw an opening, taking a wider swing at Ever's middle.

"It's up to you." He frowned a bit. "But you don't have to go easy on me." He was not breakable, despite already being wounded.

HP: 46/50
Damage: 7

and be blue
omg look he hit something

Enoh Love

and be blue rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:14 pm
It was probably the fact that Ripley finally hit -- and a solid hit -- that made a smile flash across Ever's mouth and drove away the last of his concern over hurting an injured man. This time, he stepped in harder himself, echoing the blow that Ripley had just landed on him.

"If you say so."

HP: 43/50
Charge: 2/3
DMG: 7

enoh love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items