Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:25 pm
Byakko kept her vision firmly locked on her feet, trusting that Rasali wouldn't smash them against something. Or someone. Focusing instead on her technique with ferocious intent, she glanced up every now and then to Rasali or one of the other skaters.

This was... this wasn't so bad! At all! It was sort of... enjoyable?

"Faster is good." Byakko's voice was edged with growing earnest. She even flashed a brief, but very much so existent, smile at the hip-check comment. Obeying Rasali's instructions, Akko kept her pace steady; at once point becoming bold enough to tug herself up beside the other girl and roll beside her, rather than be dragged along. The iron tight grip on Rasali's forearm remained, and tightened as they smoothly rounded a corner. Byakko eased up afterward, confident enough to spend more time looking around the rink instead of her feet. The whirring of the skates, the wind gently whipping at her face- it really was enjoyable. It clicked in that moment why this place was so popular.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a orangeblood do a spin on one heel. "So, can you do tricks and things like that?"

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Delighted, Rasali continued to speed up until they were keeping up with the rest of the traffic. She was both excited and relieved to see Byakko looking more confident. Maybe even... happy? Rasali dared to dream. She'd been worried that Byakko wouldn't like skating, or worse, would crash spectacularly. Rasali was pretty sure killing their leader wouldn't make her terribly popular with the rest of the Phoenix Initiative. Still, Byakko was clearly a quick study. Rasali wasn't even pulling her anymore so much as providing a sense of security.

Rasali turned her attention from their path around the track over to where Byakko was looking. Rasali lit up. "Yeah, totally! I mean, I'm not as good of a dancer as when I'm wearing normal shoes, but even the simpler moves look way cooler when you're doing them on wheels." Rasali would have been tempted to show off a couple of tricks if she hadn't been attached to Byakko. Quick study or no, Rasali assumed she wouldn't appreciate being whipped across the rink just yet.

"Mostly I'm more familiar with practical stuff, or I guess like practical in terms of roller derby. Staying upright when I get hit, staying upright when I hit other people, y'know. What you do on the regular. If you want flashy that's more my kismesis' deal." Rasali rolled her eyes good-naturedly. Aandes was a sleaze, but he was a sleaze that could dance real well to disco music.

melona-pan

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:12 pm
"So this has potential real world battle application, then?" Byakko perked at her mental image image of Rasali whizzing around the battlefield on skates, smashing into other trolls whilst whipping around her chain. A force to be reckoned with, she'd be sure. This 'roller derby' must have been the game they had been playing at Bloodfest, Byakko noted, if the colourful posters dotting the walls were any indication. But what were games if not a way to hone your various skills?

"I mean to say, given the right terrain, it seems like these would give you the advantage in a fight." At some point during their conversation, Byakko had become emboldened enough to release Rasali's arm, although her hands lingered in the air above the greenblood's shoulder for security. "Flashy is cool and all, but I bet you could really do some damage wearing these."

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:56 pm
"Yeah, totally!" Rasali laughed. She used her newly-freed arms to clap in approval at Byakko's independence. "I mean... I've definitely dreamed of getting into the perfect fight to show off how cool I can look. Doesn't everyone? Can't say I've ever been in a position where wheels would've improved odds of winning, tragically. We gotta stop picking fights out in nature." Rasali stuck out her tongue.

Rasali pushed off the slick floor until she was skating a few feet in front of Byakko. She turned so she was skating in reverse, facing Byakko for a "proper" conversation. "Y'think it'd be possible to make these things with some serious treads? I'd imagine the military would have some kind of stock in something like that."

Rasali swerved over to Byakko's opposite side before she could run into another skater. "I know rocket boots are a thing buuuuut... I'm not really about that." Rasali grimaced. With as often as she got knocked to the ground, she wasn't in any hurry to add more height to her battles.

melona-pan

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:02 pm
Byakko ducked her head to hide the brief glow that graced her cheeks from Rasali's praise. She couldn't remember the last time someone applauded her, especially for something like... this. She stared down at the skates on her feet. Then she cleared her throat and shook it off, looking back up to Rasali.

"I'll do my best to position us in situations more strategically suited for wheels."
She made a noise that could have been construed as a laugh. Akko had jokes (sort of).

Byakko would have to agree that rocket boots sounded inferior. Too unpredictable- manual control was clearly the winner here. "Hmm. Yes, perhaps..." Humming thoughtfully, she went to cup her chin, but instead stumbled and threw her arms straight out to her sides. "Maybe it's worth looking into? We could try modifying treads from one of their vehicles..." her mind began to go off on a tangent of the serious possibility of equipping the rebellion with all-terrain skates. Well, maybe just the ones who could actually move in them.

"We should do it,"
she announced with confidence.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm
"Hooray!" Rasali squealed and did a twirl. "See this is why you're the best boss," she grinned, leaning forward conspiratorially. "Not that I'd tell old Mer back there," Rasali nodded back towards the skate rental counter, "For obvious reasons. He'd take away my discount carbonated frozen syrup beverage privileges." Rasali nodded again with the utmost seriousness before breaking into another smile.

Rasali straightened and continued to skate. They were nearing the end of another complete lap. "Have you ever had one of those, by the way? They've got enough sugar to choke a space bee, but that's what makes 'em so good. I can hook you up at the snack counter." Rasali offered a thumbs up and a wink.

melona-pan
sorry it's short!

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:54 pm
Byakko raised a fist to her lips and cleared her throat, mildly flustered by Rasali's compliment. Following the direction of her nod, Akko returned her attention to the machines churning bright liquid she had been enthralled by earlier.

"It's a tactical decision. I get it." She felt confident enough to make another quip. Diligently following Rasali, matching her ever patient pace, Akko hummed in thought. The few sugary drinks she had were all bottled and most certainly not frozen. Akko was usually a luke warm water kinda troll. "No, I guess I haven't." She paused for a moment, rolling on both feet. "I'd like to try one of these carbonated frozen syrup beverages," she declared.

seekingCylem
np!! i figure we're close to wrapping it anyway :3
also rasali brings out the jokes in akko apparently????

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:29 pm
Rasali clapped her hands together, thoroughly enjoying Byakko's decisiveness. "Excellent! One frosty flavor explosion comin' right up." Rasali smoothly rolled over to the opening in the rink's gate and hopped back onto the carpeted floor. She turned and waited to make sure Byakko made it back over the lip of the threshold unscathed. "Just a warning, though, if you try and skate as fast as this rocket fuel is gonna make you wanna go, you're totally gonna either bust a wall or barf. Or both. That's some master-level technique right there. I can only teach it to you after you can successfully execute a triple axle and defeat the seven Shadow Lords of the Skate Queen in armed combat." Rasali nodded with the solemnity of someone who'd experienced several catastrophic wriggling day parties. "That said, Wild Cherry Apeshit Apocalypse flavor is totally the best."

melona-pan
sounds good! akko's adventures with high fructose corn syrup would be too much for a single rp.

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash