Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]
[PRP] Quietly Dreaming (Azima X Badgemagus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:43 pm
User Image
Badgemagus settled down onto a flat bed of grass. Well, it wasn't really grass. It was a mix of herbs and grass and what some would call weeds, but Badge knew that each had a purpose. A way to help heal something on the body, in the mind, bruising the soul. This particular bed was his favorite though. Grass and lemongrass and foxgloves with a scattering of rocks here and there, but even those didn't bother Badgemagus. They had their uses as well. He knew that some could be broken down and eaten from strong bones. Others could be chewed, but had to be spit out for strong teeth and fresh breath. And still others could be heated and placed along the spine for aching muscles.

In Badgemagus's mind this bed of plants and rocks was a whole treasure chest full of great things for the mind, body and soul. And he was content where he was, unwilling to move really. Content. Even though his was nothing more then a commoner. Well that was nice, even thinking it was rather horrible. No one was just a commoner. Commoner was a fine rank. Nothing wrong with it at all. And being a commoner meant he could indulge himself in beds such as this while others were frantic and rushed because of their ranks.

No. Badge was content. Content in the bed and content with the rank. This moment was more than fine. It was a contented moment. Even as he found himself daydreaming of more then just contentedness. Of medicine and helping and healing. Of usefulness.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm
User Image Azima was adjusting. It had been some time now since she had first joined the pride and she had learned an impressive array of things since then. For instance she learned the difference between herself and any other commoner was that commoners generally just sat on their butts all day while she was hunting and bringing food places for other people. She learned that being a Governor was rather important and that people generally tended to make assumptions on just exactly she was based on her looks alone. They often called her a druid and some outright attacked her. She didn't mind that however, in fact it almost gave her a sense of purpose. She felt like what she was doing was worth while, even if being in a pride still felt new and iffy to her.

Besides, even with all the new and all the change and everything Azima still had her familiar. Sasho was loyal, for a snake, and if any Toka's wrongly assumed that she was Druid he'd bite them for her, and it made her smile.

Even now, hunting in the woods she looked down at her slithering friend and smiled. "What shall we hunt today, hmm?" She asked him looking for an answer.

Sasho flicked his tongue out and tasted the air in response. He didn't know the lion's language very well, but that fine. The grin on his lioness' face conveyed to him that she was happy, which meant he had no need to react back.

It had been a long time ago now that he had first come across Azima, his lioness as she wandered around what other lions called "The rogue lands". He had followed her since then wherever she went. Because she needed his help, she had told him so.

The snake slithered on through a few blades of grass, looking for prey, as that's what they seemed to do most when he stopped and stared in one direction.

"What is it?" Azima looked down to her scaly friend and then noticed he was looking at another creature in the distance. Not just any creature though it was another lion.

Was a druid? No, wait, druids... Looked funny right? That's what the Toka told her anyway. So what if it was a druid, Azima wasn't worried. Hunters had to be brave and smart and strong anyways, she could take on a druid if she had too!

"Hello!" She padded her way over to the white and purple figure. "Lovely morning isn't it?" She asked, deciding to be friendly.

Dame NightFury

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 am
While finding a patch of herby grass kept Badgemagus content, and the hunt for the beds was always a good way to pass the time, he found himself staying in the beds less and less. Once he had slept the entire day away on beds of plants as he studied or recalled how they would be able to help a body with something. Now Badge barely spent an hour in any one bed. This allowed him to find more beds in the area, but the drive that had kept him there all day was shorter and shorter. He rolled to his side in the bed of grass that was his today - well for the next little while until he got up and found another, and tried to think of other uses for the herbs that he found scattered around the pride's land.

He wasn't laying on his side for more then a minute before he was sitting up again. Nope that wasn't working. What else should he try?

The voice saved him from having to find an alternative plan of action. Company and conversation in a grassy bed was delightful. Badge looked for the voice's owner and found a lioness and a snake approaching. At first he wasn't sure if the lioness was going to be a safe company. After a second's thought, Badge dismissed that thought. A druid wouldn't be so friendly. And even a meeting with a druid can have benefits, not that this lioness was one anyway. From Badge's limited experience druids were rarely nice at all and wouldn't have given a greeting or even allowed him to know they were in range of a conversation, never mind anything else.

"I wouldn't complain about this morning. Lovely sun, Not overly hot. A good grass patch. And now company. There are worse ways to start the day. I'm Badgemagnus by the way." Badge gave a bow to the lioness and then one to her snake companion. The pride was large enough that Badge didn't pretend to know all the lions in it and he wasn't exactly an outgoing individual anyway. It was unlikely that he would know this pair even in passing. Especially since most of his time was spent hunting up herbs and plants and contentment. Because he was very rarely content anymore. Hard for Badge to admit, but he had to admit it to himself now. It was now as elusive as ... well it was elusive. Enough said.

"What are the two of you off to do this morning?" Because it might give him an idea or a thought on how to salvage his contentment. Maybe. It was a long shot, but maybe. A lion could hope.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:26 pm
Oh good, he wasn't a druid. Or if he was he was really friendly. Either way, it was a good thing. "Please to meet, Badgemagnus." She also bowed in response, though watched to see Sasho still surveying the area. Hmm. Well, she supposed that snakes couldn't bow anyways. So that didn't really matter.

"We were going to go hunting sir!" She spoke with excitement. It was still a habit of hers to refer to others as Miss, Mam or Sir. She had developed it as an adolescent- when she had first joined the Toka and the habit never went away. Nobody seemed to mind though, and it saved Azima from having to learn everyone she met's names. Though, she'd remember the names a few she met even now, but she run into those people more than once.

"and you sir?" She asked, "What were you doing?" Or going to do, she guessed.

At first he was hesitant whether to approach the new scent of lion he detected, but his lioness made that decision for him. Slithering under Azima's foot, Sasho lay, as he usually did, on her paws when she finally ceased moving, taking a few extra seconds to slither through the grass and appear to the stranger. He craned his neck upwards to listen to the pair speak.

Not that he really understood any of it. Sasho assumed his main job was just to ensure that the stranger wasn't hostile. Which for the time being it didn't look like he was. Which was good, because that meant the snake could relax...

Dame NightFury

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 am
CaliWolfe

If there was a small part of Badge that was concerned at all that these two were Druid, it was greatly appeased as the lioness continued to show kindness and sweetness that Badge imaged would sour eventually if she were a Druid. He smiled at her and her excitement. If he found hunting anywhere near a pleasurable past time, he would want to join the pair her enthusiasm was so great. Attitudes like that benefited those around the positive being and obviously the lioness was a positive being with a positive outlook. She probably didn't fall into these not so content ruts as he had.

"Oh, nothing as exciting as hunting. Though I will admit I am not a great fan of hunting. I was just following my morning routine. Wake up, find a new bed of grass and herbs that I hadn't found before. Test myself on how they would benefit a body when it is ill or aching. Then of course, reward myself with a nap." Badge moved his one of his front paws through the long lemongrass and smiled. Finding lemongrass was always nice since it was so good of pain, fevers, and soar throats. Not that anyone would come to him to get those ailments taken care of. He wasn't a Scholar of Medicine or anything. "You seemed to have caught me at the tail end of that routine, and oddly unwilling to take that nap."

And that was part of his problem. Perhaps he was coming down with something? He would have to analyse himself and any other conditions that he seemed to have this week. And then treat it. This discontent and restlessness only stressed him out and Badge knew the effects of stress could be very bad for the body, mind, and even soul.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:33 pm
Azima nodded as the lion explained he wasn't a big fan of hunting. She had met a lioness, no, a governor wasn't it? Ah, anyways she wasn't so great at hunting herself either. Had told Azima she was skilled at the trade or something along those lines. So she didn't have all that much difficulty accepting that this lion, Badgemagus wouldn't like hunting either. Seemed to her that only a select few did...

"Oh are you... Hmmm." She paused to think. Ah, what was the title. She had heard it before it's just the name was escaping her- oh right! "Are you a scholar sir?" She asked. "I mean, uh, even now I still learn new things about the Toka each day but I'm pretty sure knowing about herbs is a scholar's job, right?"

Her ears perked up and she let out a small giggle as he told her about he didn't seem to want to nap. "Maybe you've napped too much sir!" She laughed. Imagine that, a lion who slept too much he never wanted to sleep again! It seemed like a fairy tale story to her.

Dame NightFury

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:03 am
CaliWolfe

Badge shook his head. "No. I'm not a scholar I'm afraid. Just a common commoner with a rather encompassing hobby." He smiled at his silliness. After all why would a commoner need to have such a detailed and specific hobby? He was very silly, but it had made him happy. Still made him happy when he wasn't feeling restless. "A little silly of me, I know, but I enjoy it."

At the image the huntress presented, Badgemagus couldn't help the deep rumbling chuckle that had his head titled back. He hadn't laughted or easily or deeply in a very long time. He couldn't remember the last time. Azima was a true gift to him. A reminder not to take himself or life so seriously. To enjoy it. A good reminder during this restlessness. "Oh! I'm - I'm sorry." Badge wiped the tears leaking from his eyes from mirth still smiling. "I didn't mean to laugh so loud. But that felt good. Thank you!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:42 am
So he wasn't a scholar? Just a commoner who knew information that scholars did? Azima gave a small shrug when she stared down at her feet where Sasho was looking up at her.

Kind of weird that he didn't just go and sign up for being a scholar wasn't it?

The lioness was taken slightly aback when the male began to laugh loudly. She hadn't thought she was that funny, so she simply nervously laughed along with him. He was kind of strange lion wasn't he? A nice lion, but a strange one.

"Er- sure, you're welcome." She mumbled quickly. "Might I ask why your not a scholar and just have a hobby? I mean if you really like plants so much why not just go and be one already?"

Sasho flicked his tongue out as he watched the two lions converse with one another. He failed to properly understand the lion language so mainly he heard gibberish with a few brief words he truly got and processed.

Regardless, it was clear to the snake that if this... Guy was going to be threatening and dangerous, that would have happened a long time ago. The serpent slithered slightly away from his place at Azima's feet, shifting along the grass to go beside her body instead.

Dame NightFury
Sorry this took so long.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out