Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[VIKING] Oh Dear (Toril/Ulf/Sjorn/Vittorio/Iesha/Houri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 pm
User ImageThe humid air was something that the young female was unused to, and thus, something new for her to mentally curse. Toril side stepped an outcropping of thorny brush in favor of the cooler sand near the water. For whatever reason their Captain had chosen to stick close to the shore once they had gone down far enough South that the seas had calmed. They had just barely skirted by the sirens hold, and now were dangerously close to pirate territory. Some of the others had complained about the risk.

Toril thought it was amazing. Had her mother ever seen the ocean like this? When it was calm and barely brushing against the beach? Rather, what little beach there was. Most was a gnarled mess, but even the brutish female had to admit that it was lovely.

Most days Vittorio found himself in the company of a stern, if not charming, Reaver named Mitra. She was the one who had been there for his first viking and since then the two had formed a causal bond of friendship. They weren’t well as a team, so it was a benefit to both, and neither was particularly ruthless. Vittorio had invited Mitra along with them this day to show the Freeborn what it meant to go a viking, but she had flat out refused. Something was up there; something he wasn’t going to pry into. Vittorio had his own marital problems.

“Keep up you bunch of ninnies!” He called out. It was amusing, in some instances, to see the almost petite male with his luscious locks barking out orders. “I’ll not have this drug out into months just because of your sore paws.” They were in search of a herd that the Captain had gotten tips about; a good solid lead, one that would bring them much fortune. All they had to do was get to it first.

Ulf was dragging his paws behind Toril with a sort of lost puppy look. Ever since he head expressed his love for the lioness she had done nothnig, but scorn him. Normally she wasn't that harsh around him, just in a teasing way. Now it seemed as if she were purposefully avoiding him.

He sighed and rolled his head up to look at the sky. What was he even DOING here? Who did he think he was kidding, coming out on a viking like this? Toril was the one who was going to be Captain one day and when Vittorio snapped his orders Ulf jumped like a cub caught by his mother. It was pathetic.User Image

I can do this, right? I just have to show myself and then...then she'll see that I'm worthy! She'll love me then, for sure! Ulf wasn't about to give up. Toril would be his even if she didn't know it yet.

“Yeah yeah, how about you put a rock in it already!” Iesha clucked her tongue and walked along beside the youngsters, glaring down the little male that dared piss her off. Just because she had said he had a cute a** earlier in the trip, Vittorio thought it was cool to act like a d**k. Males. “We’re moving as fast as we can. Some of us actually have muscle to slow us down, ya twig.”

That earned her a stern look which she just laughed off. It wasn’t as if her entire attention was on him, oh no. That was reserved for the adolescent struggles beside her. The young maiden looking out over the ocean and her lovestruck hero watching her. It would have been cute, had Iesha not been present when Toril but the beat down on Ulf. Now it was just sad.

Sidling up next to him, she whispered, “Going out on a limb here, but have you ever thought about, ya know, going for someone else? I hate to tell you kid, but she is way not into you.”

Sjöfn wasn’t so far off from the moving band that she couldn’t hear voices. It really was quite peculiar, given how far away she was from a pride. Were they travelers? Tip toeing through the sand, the curious female peeped around a few brambles to catch sight of a large group of lions. It was shocking to see, especially given their size and the amount of scars shared amongst them! You better stay down, girl. What if they caught her, skinned her, and fed her meat to the Sea God?!

Okay, so maybe not that but it would be nasty. At least the ones in the back didn’t look so bad. She found a few adolescents among the group. Maybe...just maybe...Bolstering her courage, the young female made herself known. “Uhm, yes, hello there, my name is Sjöfn and I’m looking for the Bahari’mtoto. Would you happen to know which way it is?”

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:57 pm
User Image"Vittorio, stop acting like you're a Captain. It doesn't make you look any tougher." Toril grumbled under her breath, hoping the male close to her could hear it. His flushed cheeks said he did.

Toril had tried using her tracking abilities throughout the viking, but lately she had come up short. There was no more blood to test so either the herd had disappeared or they were finally safe from rogue land predators. What might bode well for them did not do so well for the lions hunting them. "I just can't figure out where they....went..." The arrival of the strange lioness brought Toril up short. Not for long though. She whistled and gave into a snorting laugh, "Wow, talk about the most ******** stupid lioness in all the free lands." Walking up to a viking band? Oh, this was rich!

“At least pretend like you know what a ranking hierarchy is, Toril.” Vittorio was seriously getting tired of the lip being tossed around from the newer females. Between Iesha’s sass and the adols bite he wouldn’t have a hide left for Mirashi to chew on when he got home. “Not every Reaver is going to let you run your mouth like that.”

His lesson came to an end when he spotted the lioness. Vittorio blanched, moving to intercept the female before the vast majority of their group saw her. Though it wasn’t like either could hide; pale pelts against a tan and green back drop? Hardly camouflaged. Not again. “You’re far off, and will be getting farther the longer you stay. Leave now if you want a chance,” Vittorio hissed. No, he wouldn’t make Captain with this sort of mercy, but as a rule he didn’t believe in taking thralls. He had already made that mistake once. Worse yet, she might be a salt wife.

Turning to Iesha, Ulf couldn’t help but to sigh. “There’s no use hiding it anymore. I’m not just going to move on, I can’t!, but if I can prove myself today then maybe I can at least get her to look at me.” All his life Ulf had played second paw to Toril, but no more! He wanted to rise as a full member of the pride into something that Toril would have to acknowledge.

So when Sjorn made herself known he saw an opportunity. Speaking up, Ulf called out, “Looks like we’ve got ourselves a looker!” It earned him a few laughs, a grin from the Captain who had joined them and a shocked expression from Toril. Good. Let her know how much you’ve changed. “Clean fur, nice eyes, strong bones...yes, I think she’ll do quite nice at warming my den.” User Image

Iesha snorted and ribbed Ulf. “Only after I’ve had my turn!” Sjorn’s open look of warmth was turning into a skeptical fear. “Oh no worries love, I only bite a few times and I’ll treat you much better than the kid here.” She ruffled his mane before moving closer.

“Really though, she isn’t half bad. If she can make it out here on her own, then why not take her back? My dens a bit full, but if’n one of ya don’t want her I know a few I could trade her off to.” A pretty little thing like this? Who wouldn’t want a little worker bee with a cute a** buzzing around all day? Iesha thought it a damn shame she had so much testosterone in her den, otherwise she would have kept her. Granted, this was also talking about slavery and that...well, she wasn’t so on board with that. “As a wife, that is. Poor thing wouldn’t make for a good thrall. She’s too skinny.”

“I beg your pardon!” Sjorn puffed up. Her cheeks made little balls as she stomped her paw. “Now I can handle your jokes, and the teasing, even if it’s in mean spirit, but I most certainly am not too skinny. I have a very feminine physique with a good amount of fat on my bones.” Of course she didn’t. Even looking down at herself Sjorn had to admit that she was something of a bean pole.

Looking to Vittorio she shook her head. What in the world was he talking about? Poor thing must be sick. If she turned away help just because they flirted with her then she wouldn’t get anywhere! Or maybe he was embarrassed of his friends? She could understand that; they were a rough, crude bunch, now weren’t they?

“So how far is far away? Is that South, West, East? You’re not very helpful, dear.”

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm
User ImageToril hung back from the group to study the outsider. She had a lot of spirit in her, which might make her valuable, but all Toril could see was something that would been to be broken. Should she be taken as a salt wife the matter might have been looked over, but...

Shaking her head, she looked to the Captain and the older Reavers to see what they would decide. Surely this was good enough game to take back? Everyone knew of their prowess already, so why not top it off with a thrall? I can teach her not to back talk anymore. Toril flexed her claws, grinning at the prospect.

Much like his love interest, the young Freeborn hung back. This female seemed nice enough and maybe she would have made a lovely Reaver, had she not had the misfortune of coming across their band.

The bad part? Ulf didn't even feel remorseful for taking her back with them. At first it had bothered him a little, but now he couldn't seem to care. Shouldn't he? He would be enslaving her, or at least playing a part in it. If this boosts me up in Toril's eyes... Wouldn't it be worth it? Ulf looked to the lovely adolescent, then back to the Thrall.

"Ya really don't get it, do ya, sweet thing? If ye'r goin' anywhere, it'll be with us." She practically adorable with her little cheeks puffed up like that. If she were smart she'd keep that pretty little mouth of hers shut, and let Vittorio get her out of this mess. Though, it didn't seem that she was very smart at all.

"Far away is North, which is where we're headed, and where ye'll be goin' too. Understand? Now, ye can either be someones whore or their mule, take yer pick." There it was; out in the open. For Iesha it was an easy choice.

Sjorn could barely speak over her sharp gasp. "I am-I shall not be anyone's whore! I would rather be the mule, if those are my only two options." And it seemed to be, with the way the Captain and the older members of the crew were looking at her. It did't seem as if charm were going to get her set free any time soon.

Do I really want to fight them? No, no looking around she could see that even the smallest among them were muscled. They would take her down fairly quickly and Sjorn just couldn't handle that. Besides, it wasn't as if she had any family to return to..."...must I be a mule? Surely there are other options beyond...whoring myself and physical labor."

After speaking with the Captain at length, Vittorio returned to the group. He looked over their expectant faces and then turned back to the rogue with a heavy heart. "You'll be returning with us as a Thrall. It will be up to your new owner as to what you'll be doing. I'll try to place a good word, but I can promise you nothing."

This makes the third...

Mirashi could not learn of this; it would only further the rift between him and his mate. This would be the last Viking he would go on with this particular Captan, though, that much he was certain of. He took entirely too many Thrall for Vittorio's liking.

"Move out!"

And then the group began to walk, trudging along back to the pride.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:02 am
Painted Moose

User Image

Houri was one to not really bother with such fickle matters like taking thralls, but she had been drafted into this group since going out on her own as a freeborn gave her no real background to become a reaver. Unless of course she came back with thralls or other treasures. This way was a simpler start for her and did not require her to worry about another mouth to feed on the way back to the vikings. The things I do for more power. She grinned at the bantering between all the vikings, "Too bad I already have someone to keep my den cleaned." She murmured under her breath playfully. Pya seemed to be a strong grump, but he would much rather stay and keep things tidy at home while she went out to fight.

Shifting over she looked at the beanpole lioness, "I mean if you felt you could fight then perhaps you would have a chance." The golden lioness shrugged casually, "Or if you're lucky you can find some fool to fall in love with you." She grinned teasingly, "It wouldn't be such a bad life to have a warm home and a viking to take care of you." It would be much more interesting than those silly peaceful Bahari'mtotos that seemed to just enjoy surfing on the waves.

The stranger had spunk though Houri had to give it to her. If she can keep her spirit then maybe she'll have a chance yet.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38 am
"That flump of a male? Come on, Houri, and take the chit. At least she's pretty to look at." Toril's comments were sharp with an underlying current of harsh judgement. Any lion worth their snuff was at least a Reaver, and all the riff raff stayed back in the dens to tend to the young. The only exception to that rule being her sisters and Miss Umeko, but Toril did have a 'soft' spot for family. "Then again, he might fall for her too, if she's really as easy going as she is now. She might be putting up a fight, but she's still going, so what good did any of it do for her?"

Sjorn had decided rather early on that she didn't much care for the spotted lioness. Her attitude spoke of an ill spirit, and she knew that if that was the one she was to go with that her coat would have marks on it in no time at all. "I would...very much like that." She spoke to the one addressed as Houri. At least this one was trying to be helpful. "I'm very good at cleaning up a den, and I really do like cubs. So long as the male was sweet to me then I...Why is she laughing again?"

Her attention was taken up by the snickering coming from Toril. That couldn't have been good.

"Eh, I wouldn't worry about that one. Her mom claims her da's some kinda God, so she's about half cracked already." Iesha stretched her shoulders and worked out the kinks. This viking was supposed to be fun...when were they going to get back to that? What happened to the big herd they had been promised? She wanted to rip out some throats and lead back the survivors on corded leashes.

Even the thrall was beginning to bore her. What a pain. When the band started moving out, she followed suit, but kept herself close enough to the little slip of a female to hear all the best gossip.

Sabra Knight
Spacing out posts so that Houri will have peeps to play with.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:43 pm
Painted Moose
If it's possible I can slip Xennek into this as well. Can edit this post if that's okay too. X3 Just let me know~

Houri just snorted at the flurry of insults towards her mate. It was to be expected from someone like Toril. Perhaps one day the younger lioness would understand, but for now the lioness just brushed it off. Her loss. Houri shrugged lightly, "I doubt it. If anything else at least I've got his sights stuck on me." She grinned faintly, "You might have some idea that you can't hold a future mate's wandering eyes, but I know mine is fully under control."

"Then you best be working on your appeal." Houri commented wryly, "If you care so much for such things then perhaps you can luck out. If Toril noticed you are good on the eyes then surely you have a chance. After all we know how positive she can be about others."

Hearing Iesha's remark raised a snicker out of Houri. Now see I like this one. Fierce in a fight and sharp with her commentary. That was what Houri approved of.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:22 pm
( 5 posts for Iesha, Toril and Sjorn. Beyond this point only Vittorio and Ulf will be posting for point count).

Toril clucked her tongue at Iesha's smart comment. "Oh trust me, Huori, I've no worries in that department. No male is ever going to rule over me, but it's cute how you've already settled down. Wifehood will suit you well." Turning her back on the group, Toril moved up closer to the Captain. There was little here for her anymore, now that their goal had been achieved. Besides, who wanted to stand around and chat? That was for old codgers and wives. Talk about disgraceful. When they returned she was going to make damn sure she never had to join up with the likes of them ever again. A few had the back bone needed, but the rest? Mindless fluff looking for a title. Bragging rights. They'll not last a day in real combat.

And how fun would it be to see them fall.

The little female squeaked and felt her heart thud horribly inside of her chest. This was going to be hell if she didn't play it out just right. Who knew? Maybe...maybe it wouldn't' be so bad. They weren't all like Toril. "She does seem to be very...harsh. Maybe she'll perk up in time." Although she highly doubted that one.

The Captain called out a few sharp words and Sjorn snapped to attention. "The big one's calling for me, and I don't want to make him mad, so, bye!" Scuttling off to the front, she slipped past Toril, going slow only until she was around her so she could bolt.

Iesha moved closer to Huori and watched the two wonder off. "It's kind of funny, isn't it? That lass has got to be at least a few seasons older than Toril, but Toril's words can cut like an old male. Makes you wonder if she was born an old, bitchy soul doesn't it?"

Shrugging her shoulders, the crimson lioness made her lazy gait at the back of the pack, clearly keeping her distance from the grumpier ones. She started singing some odd tune under her breath, twisting it until it was so off key that Toril threatened her. Naturally that meant that Iesha had to move closer and sing LOUDER.

As Vittorio made his rounds, he settled near the rear of the group and unlike Iesha, stayed. His face showed the worries that drug him down, but the male was holding strong. This entire endeavor was going to be the death of him, but there would be no stopping it now. What's done was done.

"You surprised me today, Ulf." He looked to the adolescent, who was by far the very last member in their party to move out. If anything he looked twice as guilty as Vittorio and three times as sick about it. "I thought you didn't want to take thralls." Vittorio looked to Huori, giving a knowing 'adult' side look. There was something more going on here.

"I-I what?" Distracted, the boy twisted his head so that he could look at Vittorio, then to Huori, then back to Vittorio and finally resting his gaze on his paws. "I never said I didn't want to do it, I just said maybe we...didn't have to, is all but we did so it's over."

And Toril talked to me.

That had been the greatest reward of all. He had managed to garner her attention and respect, even for the briefest of moments. If he could just keep it up then maybe one day she would even let him marry her.

Sabra Knight
As much as I want to help Xennek out, I'm ready for this rp to be over with. xD So, I'm going to pass. I'm going to balance out my guys so that Huori can get her spot and then call it quits on this one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 am

Houri could only shake her head in amusement towards Toril. One day that cub was going to get the biggest knock down of her life. Currently the lioness though found her attention on their captured thrall. Maybe I can look around for some male to take her up.... If she had to claiming a slave would be fine by her. Warrior or not Houri did have a bit of a heart. Sure she lusted for fights and adventure but perhaps being with Pya had softened her a bit.

Not that she would ever openly admit that.

Iesha's comment brought out a loud laugh from Houri, "Definitely. I say that personality is a bit of over compensation for a lot of things." What was it, the louder the lion the heavier the fall? The golden lioness shrugged her shoulders before just smiling with amusement at Iesha's antics. I really am starting to like that one. Perhaps she would offer to spar with her later. It was truly a good day to die after all.

Looking towards Ulf, Houri nodded her own acknowledgement towards Vittorio. It definitely was a challenge if that boy was asking for what she believed, "I would say that if one felt bad about capturing then they better make certain that prey gets taken care of." Commented Houri lightly before brushing past the males to walk towards the side of the group. Her gaze sharp and direct stared directly at the boy, "Hidin' yourself from your own truth for someone else will make you miserable in the end~ " She yawned as if it were a passing thought, nothing important. "Oooh look I think we're almost home."

All this talking and interacting with others was wearing her down. She needed a good battle now to get this lovely 'adventure' out of her system. So much for using her claws today. Oh well.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:25 am
Sabra Knight

That sharp look was enough to put Ulf in his place. He gulped, feeling his toes turn cold far longer after his own heart had stopped. Was it really that bad? Looking through the group, he spotter Sjorn and mentally made up his mind. It wouldn't endear Toril to him, not in the least, but something had to be done. "She's going to get mad at me, but...I'm not letting her take the Thrall. She'll only hurt her. I'll take her." It wasn't as if he would be the only young male in the pride with a pretty Thrall, right? And if she was as sweet as she acted, then maybe he would have someone nice to come home to.

Win win right?

Wrong.

Toril was going to be pissed.

"-maybe it's just not boys you're after but girls. Is that it? I can show you a good time once we get settled, work that aggression out of you-"

"SHUT UP."

"Thank the Gods," Vittorio murmured. Everything ached; his paws, his back and his heart. What he needed was a good nap, and a few good fermented fruit to help bring everything down. This trip had taken entirely far too long, weeks that had felt like months, and now he was home.

He'd never seen a more beautiful sight.

Vittorio heard the Captain shouting something, but it was lost in the uproar of cheers. Evidently they were a lot closer than he thought. "Ulf, I want you to come with me. We need to let the Captain know about your plans before Toril gets to him."

"Aye, sir."

Dipping his head, the boys made their way through the ranks, heading towards the front.

Meanwhile, Iesha slipped her way back to Huori. "I've been banished to the back. Can you imagine that?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 am
Painted Moose

Atta, boy. Houri turned away to hide the small smile that slipped onto her maw. Maybe there was some hope for that younger generation yet. Watching the two lions slip towards the front Houri felt relief in her own paws. While the thought of adventure excited her being home was a different story. It was relaxing to know that she could rest up and have a warm den...Pya...

Blinking Houri freed herself from her tired thoughts to grin at Iesha, "Oh, really? I guess they wanted you to share your lovely voice with us back here as well." Teasingly she gazed back towards the front, "I would suggest it if they could hear us over the pride, but I suppose it'll have to wait until another time."

Maybe Toril would love for Iesha to give her a personal serenade. Snickering at the thought Houri shook her head, "I think it's just too fun to torment some of them. If you're ever up for an outing again let me know." She smirked towards the crimson lioness, "I need sharp wit to keep me on my paws. Hard to find nowadays."

As a reaver she hoped to find her own band soon. Maybe she wasn't looking for power, but for the adventure. Something that lead to a lot more than picking up some pitiful soul for Viking fodder. That would be nice.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 am
Sabra Knight

"Too bad I wasted my best talent on Toril." She threw her head back to laugh, which caused the spotted female to look her way. Iesha only stuck out her tongue and went on. "Eh, there's always going to be another time. The pride's big, but it isn't that big."

And iesha could be really damned persistent.

"I'm always up for a good adventure. If I get the itch, I'll come find you, and you should do the same. Though right now I'm more concerned with finding out if there's going to be food waiting for us when we get back. I'm friggin' starving."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 am
Painted Moose

Houri chuckled, "Shame that she passed up on such wonderful talent." The lioness felt no pity for the spotted lioness and rather enjoyed Iesha's play.It was nice having someone to balance out such a high strung lioness. It almost made this outing actually exciting rather than as slow as it had been.

"Great." Houri grinned before nodding in agreement, "I'm ready to go devour a beast or two myself." Laughing the viking darted off with the group through the pride. She had more than just a meal waiting for her back home and she was eager to get to it.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces