Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[VIKING] Getting My Paws Back (Mfalme x Tyr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:40 pm
User ImageMfalme tossed his head as he followed the Captain that had agreed to take him out on his first Viking, enjoying the wind in his mane. Being born a rogue kept that desire to move and never stay in one place for long strong in him and, even though he was settling down in the Stormborn, he needed to be able to roam. As soon as he had found someone to take him out to become a Reaver he had jumped on the offer. There was a female in the pride that he had his eyes on and there was no reason he'd leave but that urge to wander and discover would never leave him.

He glanced around at the group of lions he was with. Most of them were in the band of the Captain but there were a few other lions and lionesses that were going out for the initial Viking as well. Good, he didn't want to be the only new guy. He had no doubt in his prowess - he had gotten in on his first try after all - but there was terminology and a hierarchy he was still getting used to. Being alone all his life made him a bit anxious to be around so many lions as well. He'd definitely need a den away from the main hub of the pride.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:56 pm
User Image

Try was a little nervous, he was young to be on a viking and one of the youngest in the group following the captain out of the pride. Tyr was doing this because he needed more meaning in his life, being the odd ball in his family had tormented him in his childhood but now he was rising above and be the one that his mother was proud of.

Of course Nawiri had encouraged all of the cubs to become Reavers, she herself would ave been a reaver but for her shoulder and of course his dad already was a Reaver. Tyr took a deep breath and looked at the group he was going out with. You could tell the lions who had been Reavers for a longer period of time their heads appeared to be held a touch higher with confidence. Tyr tried to mimic their stance but if he was going to tell the truth he was nervous as hell, having been born in the pride he had never stepped foot outside the borders, till now anyways.

SilverLutz
Sorry I meant to be faster the day took an unexpected turn

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 am
Mfalme glanced around the group, deciding he should find someone to talk to to pass the time. They were going on a fairly simple mission: recon. There had been some pirate activity not too far from favored hunting grounds and they needed to go see if there were any pirate around and, if there were, scare them off. He was surprised to see a lion that didn't quite have his full mane yet walking a few paces away from him. The young lion looked a bit nervous and Mfalme couldn't blame him - he was easily the youngest in the group.

Deciding to ease his worries, he shifted his paws to walk over to the tan male. He offered him a grin as he fell into step beside him. "Getting an early start to your Reaver career, hm? I'm sure all the ladies will appreciate your enthusiasm and prowess when you're older and all your peers are still struggling to find a Captain to take them out on their Viking."

There, maybe that would cheer the young lion up! Surely the thought of fawning females would make any lion charge into battle for the glory and stories it would provide.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:45 am
The yellow lion lifted his eyes when a voice came up next to him. He was surprised that anyone in the group would have chosen him from anyone else to strike up a conversation with. He was pleased to see the strangely coloured male next to him though.

"Yes by the time my friends are looking to be Reavers I may just be able to be the captain that takes them out." he said with a grin. He was glad that the other male understood his ambition. Though to be honest many in the stormborn would recognize it and applaud it.

"My name is Tyr." he told the older male. As he studied him he was blown away by the colours that the male had "You don't look like anyone else I have seen in the Stormborn before." Tyr said bluntly. Call it living up to the Stormborn way or perhaps youthfulness but Tyr had yet to learn to not say everything that passed through his head.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:32 am
"Ah, what a grand ambition," Mfalme said with a grin. As it stood right now he might be doing the same for friends of his, but in his eyes that wasn't something to be ashamed of. In fact, it seemed like this male wanted to help out his friends while getting an extra dose of pride in addition.

"Tyr, nice to meet you. I'm Mfalme," he said with a little bob of his head. The remark that followed made him chuckle. He knew his markings were incredibly outlandish, all harsh lines and strange forms, but it was what had drawn Resque to him in the first place so he couldn't help but be proud of them.

"Yes, I get that a lot wherever I go," he said with a wink. "Makes it a little hard to blend in and hunt, but I managed." That was another perk of joining a pride. He could focus solely on one thing and leave the hunting to others. Now he wouldn't have to worry about an antelope spotting him and fleeing before he got close enough to even try to pounce.

"A friend of mine joined around when I did though...she's got similar markings and coloration. Not as varied as mine, but certainly unique in her own right." And if he had any say in what was to happen, perhaps there would be more mechanical-like lions running around sometime soon.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:49 pm
"You look the same but are not related?" he asked. He was somewhat shocked how was it two strangers could have similar markings but he looked nothing like his litter mates. He shook his head, there was no point at focusing on that business now. He didn't have time to be feeling sorry for himself he was out here on a mission and he needed to prove his worth.

"So that means you are from out here. The rogue lands that is?" Tyr asked. "I have never left the pride having been born here. What is it like out here?" They had only made it a little ways outside of the pride and the young lion was eager to know wha the might face. His whole life he had only known the harsh landscape that he called him but now that he was on his way to being a Reaver the whole world was being opened up to him and all the possibilities that came with it.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:24 pm
"Well, maybe somewhere down the line we share an ancestor but it's not one I'm aware of," Mfalme said with a little laugh. "We don't look like we're siblings or anything. She just has some strange markings as well." Spots that looked like they were glowing, a few harsh lines that looked like something man made rather than natural...she wasn't nearly as covered as he was, but she certainly stood out in a crowd.

"That would be right. You're a smart one, hm?" he said, giving the younger male a wink. "Good Captain material I'm sure. And it all depends on what part of the rogue lands you're in! I've seen many places...vast amounts of sand as far as the eye can see but without a drop of water in sight, dense jungles full of trees and monkeys and snakes, wide open grasslands with plentiful herds and water, bone yards and lakes and rivers and canyons...ah, it's great out there."

He paused for a moment with a grin on his face, remembering his past travels. "But..." He glanced back at Tyr. "You'll have to tell me what it's like to be in a pride. I've never been in one before and I've grown up and lived completely alone. I'm sure there's some things I would never think of about living with a bunch of other lions."

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:07 am
Tyr was in awe, the rogue lands sounded absolutely amazing. Such a vast array of things he could see, creatures he could meet. He knew right then that he was making the right choice to become a Reaver and then a Captain, he knew that once he got a taste of the rogue lands he would never want to be kept within the pride lands. He decided that right then that the place he needed to see the most was the dense jungles, they sounded amazing.

"Hmm well living in a pride." Tyr thought about what things he had experienced in his short life so far. "Well I suppose its good that there is always someone around, you never feel lonely. Its also much more secure than what the rogue lands seem to be, you don't really have to sleep with one eye open all the time." Tyr smiled he was pretty sure those wold be considered good things.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 pm
Mfalme listened to the younger male with genuine interest. He had never thought the pride life would be for him, yet here he was, part of a rather massive pride and loving it. The idea of never being lonely and always having someone to defend your back were two of the biggest reasons he joined, and Tyr mentioned them right off the bat.

"Ah, wonderful. That's what I was hoping you'd say," he admitted with a little grin. "In my travels I've come across prides that...well. I'm not even sure why they're a pride. They bicker and fight and it's every lion for themselves within the space. Why not live alone if that's how you wish to be?"

He shook his head in mild disgust. "I'm very glad the Stormborn seem to be the opposite." There was certainly that feel of rivalries, but friendly and supportive. It was good to have a rival to push yourself and them to be better and, as a whole, the pride. It was a very stimulating environment to be in.

"Well, I hope this venture goes well for the both of us," he said with a little wink. "I'm a good deal older than you yet I feel as young as you out here like this, unsure of what to expect."

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:14 pm
Tye smiled at the older male. Glad that he also felt a little unsure of what was coming next. "Well I will have your back while we are out here if you promise to have mine?" the younger male offered. They were likely fairly safe out in their viking group, but it would be nice to know there was an extra set of eyes looking out for him.

Tyr was excited, he knew that when he got back he would be able to put in for a promotion and be the first of his siblings and friends to become a Reaver, something Momma was going to be very excited about.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:01 pm
The older lion chuckled and reached out with a paw to muss up Tyr's mane. "Sure, kid," he said with a wink. "We'll make a good newbie team." He lowered his paw as he continued to walk. The lion had guts coming out here with all these adults, that was for sure. He didn't know much about the ranking system here still, but he did know Tyr would grow up to be a great leader. You had to be born with a certain amount of courage, after all. You couldn't fake something like that.

He turned his gaze forward, watching the captain lead them closer to the sea. This was going to be a fun mission, he was sure.

nessiaing
That should wrap it up! If you wanna do one more that's okay but I think it ends nicely there biggrin Time to submit for Reavers!

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games