Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was too early for Dude Food and he wasn’t sure why hanging out with Mossflower had to involve getting up before midday. It wasn’t even a school day! But the green mare, upon discovering that Dude Food was now the proud owner of one chicken, had offered to teach him how to care for animals in case of unfortunate accidents. It was an offer he couldn't turn down. He’d invited Butter Beer (or his brother had invited himself along, he wasn't sure, he’d been dozing through the conversation) and now Mossflower’s home was coming into view.

Her cottage was nestled right at the edge of the woods with a flower covered garden and a little wisp of smoke rising from the chimney. It was like walking into a fairy tale. "Do you think she has snacks?" Dude Food wondered as they stepped up to the front door. "Cookies, I hope."

shortcutt
BAM! we got some kindness to get

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image
Sure enough, Butter Beer had invited himself along, but... Dude Food had been too sleepy to even understand. Oh well. His brother needed some babysitting anyway just to make sure he didn't fall asleep on the way to Mossflower's house. That would have been a travesty. He'd enjoyed attempting to use his magic on the way to the kind mare's place by picking up various items along the trail and carrying them for as long as he could before he got too tired of holding it... But it looked like they were already here to receive the lessons that the nature phony had to teach them about food. ER, CHICKENS.

Right. Pet chickens.

"Snacks? Eh, she's gotta eat something out here, right?" He shrugged, sniffing the air a bit to try and get a whiff of some delectable cookies. Unfortunately, there was nothing. "But don't you think she's the type to, uhh... Eat exclusively healthy food?" In truth, BB had no idea, but he didn't really care. Food was food, and as long as it had some quality of taste to it, he was going to be one happy camper.

... Oh also he was going to learn some cool things about pet chickens. Yeah. That too.

Ruriska
YEEEEEH B)

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 am
Dude Food looked slightly aghast at the thought of ‘healthy food’ and couldn’t imagine getting through the day without a greasy second breakfast. "You mean just carrots and stuff? She could at least have some hummus to go with them. Or cheese, everything is better with cheese." He knocked on the door with a little musical ‘rat-ta-tat-tat!’ and waited.

The door opened promptly and Mossflower smiled at the two colts before ushering them inside. "Butter Beer, Dude Food, I’m so glad you could make it. I have some tea and cake (Dude Food’s eyes instantly lit up and he nudged his brother.) for a little bit later." From the door they walked straight into a comfy looking living area, with one wall dedicated to boxes and cages.

"I was really excited when I heard you got a chicken. They’re such sweet animals and they’ll be loyal companions if you give them a bit of love."

"Henreitta is great," Dude Food said with a lazy sort of grin.

shortcutt
I DIDN'T EVEN QUOTE YOU PROPERLY BEFORE /failure

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 am
"Ugh, yes, everything is better with cheese..." Nodding sagely, BB agreed wholeheartedly with his brother, not able to resist the many flavors of cheese... And it was when he was mid-thought about how he'd love to have some Gorgonzola with honey right about now, when Mossflower opened her door, bringing them inside her home. For a moment, he gazed around the room, taking in the sights and smells (rather appreciating the earthiness of it all), before his brother nudged him at the mention of cake. BB winked back at Dude Food, snickering a bit as they were led to the living room, happy that he invited himself along on this trip.

"Haha, Henrietta is so cool... Just pecking around everywhere and staring off into space like she knows the meaning of life..." He hummed, though he frowned a bit when he thought about his aunt's dog Crumble and how he was pretty much the exact opposite of the chicken. "...Meanwhile, Crumble makes ten thousand messes a day in the kitchen. Granted, he cleans them up himself. He's gonna get fat. ... But, uh, so how do we take care of a chicken, anyway? Don't you just leave 'em alone to do what they want and feed 'em every day?"

Ruriska
It's cool, I found it either way. uwu

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm
Dude Food made a beeline for the couch and was soon reclining amongst the pillows, head on the armrest. "Crumble ate a whole pie once," he added to the conversation, then laughed as he remembered the incident. He didn’t feel the need to expand on his story however, he just grinned at his brother and Mossflower.

"Well, don’t let him get too fat. It’s very unhealthy," Mossflower’s voice faded as she walked away from them into the kitchen, returning promptly with a plate of different sized cakes. “I bought them this morning. They smell delicious.”

"They look delicious," Dude Food sat up to appreciate them better. "So, um, yeah, I really want to learn how to take good care of Henrietta."

"I’ll grab the tea and then we can talk. They’re easy to look after but if you want to it well, there are a couple of things you need to know." Mossflower smiled and left the room again to get the tea ready.

shortcutt

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff