Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:39 pm
User Image

There was absolutely nothing more beautiful than the image of the sun setting over the ocean. Faatina's figure was silhouetted as the sun began to dip low on the horizon, casting the lands in a brilliant orange glow. The lionness sat on the sands of the bay, gazing at the ocean with the type of love one reserved for only their mate. To her, this was everything. The water lapping up onto the beach, the entirety of the world in perfect harmony. Faatina had a goofy smile plastered on her face, closing her eyelids, enjoying the synchronicity of it all. There was absolutely no place on this earth she'd rather be than here, her home.

The transition was rough. She knew that it would be, but everything felt safe here. Better. Normal. And she was so, inexplicably happy to be back. The Bahari was the greatest place she could ever know. Traveling for the past moons as she had, Faatina had stumbled across many other prides and rogue territories. Quite a few of them had been magnificent - breathtakingly beautiful. But absolutely none of them could compare to the lands of the Bahari. Even though it was home and Faatina knew that would make her biased, she could sense that there was something so much more about these lands that made them distinctly better than the others. If only she could figure out what it was. And maybe make some friends in the meantime.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 am
Ruler of Everything

User Image

Alt was moving towards the ocean, the male had gone through a lot of changes in the last little while. He was experiencing what he thought might be residual effects from the tsunami that hit the pride not to long ago. Atl realized he was beginning to forget things, he knew who he was but the lion who use to be a grouch bucket was no finding himself growing softer.

Despite the tsunami that his the pride had just encounter Atl still found himself drawn to the water. He enjoyed the waves the soothing sound of the water lapping up onto the sand. Atl had never been anywhere else in the world and he very much loved his home. Now if only they could get it rebuilt to its former glory.

nessiaing

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 am
Hearing someone approach, Faatina's eyes snapped open. She continued to gaze out at the ocean for a few more beats before turning her head, a soft smile growing on her face. What she saw was a shock of green absentmindedly wandering alongside the ocean, seemingly lost in thought. Eyes dancing, Faatina found herself amused by the other's antics and how they mirrored her own. "Hello!" She called out, realizing that not recognizing the other meant a wealth of possibilities. Having been away from the pride for so long, she didn't really have many friends. And although he did not look the friendliest at first sight, friends could be found in the most unlikely of places. Even seaweed green ones.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 am
Ruler of Everything

Atl lifted his eyes when the feminine voice rang through his ears. He hadn't been anticipating any sort of company while he was down here, a lot of the pride shied away from the waters edge now. However in truth they needed the ocean still it was after all the major food source.

Atl tried to put a smile on his face, an expression that felt unnatural but at the same time one he knew that others liked to see. "Hello" he said greeting the sandy coloured lioness. She wasn't someone she recognized but the population of the Bahari had been changing so much. Many had left, some had come home, there were rogues and now that other pride that they called neighbours were also flittering in and out of the pride lands.

"I hope I wasn't disturbing you." he said as he took a seat beside her. He turned himself towards the ocean allowing the waters to lap up over his toes.

nessiaing

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:16 am
Faatina appraised the other’s coat, swearing she’d seen grasses with more color variation. It was interesting, though; as he approached she noticed three markings near his golden eyes that seemed to mimic the shape of hearts. Some lions had the funniest coats, she thought with amusement. The other plastered a polite smile on his face and Faatina wasn’t sure whether or not she was imagining it, but he seemed to look pained by the gesture. She decided to shrug it off and return the grin.

Oh, no!” She laughed at the male’s comment as he sat down next to her, just inside the water’s reach. “I just hope I wasn’t bothering you! I was the one who called out… I just get rather lonely and bored sometimes.” Faatina’s face scrunched up – she’d never been very good with appropriateness in social situations. Oh, well. “Anyway…” she started, “My name’s Faatina. And yeah, if you wander out by the water often you’ll probably end up running into me. I seem to be the only one to like it anymore.” She dropped that subject, realizing that the male had probably been in the pride through the tragedies that had struck. And yet, here he was, sitting with her next to the ocean. Strange how things worked.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 am
Ruler of Everything

Atl offered the female a kind smile. He knew that before his head trauma he would never have sat side by side with someone on the beach just chit chatting. No he wasn't known for being that social, but now it actually almost seemed nice. Sure the effects of the tsunami had been terrible for the pride but perhaps for him things were going to be alright.

"I like the water too." he told her quietly. He knew the water could be a taboo subject for many in the pride and he didn't want her to feel bad for bringing it up. They were a sea side pride and as much as some of them feared the water now the truth of the matter was it was their life force still, they just needed to respect its power.

"I still find it calming, though at times it can be scary. I know that it could wipe me away in one big swoop." he told her, his tone thoughtful as he looked out towards the horizon.

"My name is Atl by the way I don't think we have had the pleasure to meet." he turned his bicoloured eyes towards the female.

nessiaing

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:19 am
At the male's comment, Faatina quickly, briefly moved her gaze from the setting sun to the face of the one sitting beside her. Although her avoidance of the subject of water had been polite when reentering the pride, an act of caution, his statement had just confirmed what she'd been observing and fearing all along. The past events had wracked the pride with a fear unlike any other - doing so much as to frighten off a sea-worshipping pride from the sea. Although, it was nice to find another still so fond of the sea, even if he did seemed ashamed of that fact.

"You know what? It really could." She glanced out at the water, smiling despite herself in complete wonderment. The ocean, she was powerful, and sometimes it seemed to feel the need to remind those dwelling next to it. When you took advantage of a wild creature's willingness to cooperate, eventually it got tired of it. And retaliated. "At any moment. I guess... that's something you learn, huh?"

Faatina glanced over at the male and dipped her head in acknowledgement. "Nice to meet you - I'm Faatina. You've probably seen my siblings running around here - there's so many of them." A laugh escape her lips, a smile gracing her face. She really did need to reconnect with them sometime soon. Glancing back at the male, she furrowed her brow a bit. "How is it you saw all... this... all that happened, but you're still here? Okay with this?" She flicked her maw towards the currently silent sea, knowing full well the silence may not last.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 am
Atl listened his head tipped in thought. "Ah yes there is much piece with such a small family but there is also loneliness." he said there was no sadness in his voice though, it was just a statement. Atl got the sense that he use to enjoy living a solitary life but now he found himself wanting more.

"Speaking of family though I should probably move along, promised my Mom I would help her take care of some things today. It was nice meeting you though I do hope I will see you again soon." Atl offered a small smile before turning to make his departure. He had an odd sense that he had changed a great deal from who he use to be and he began to wonder if he would ever be able to figure himself out again.

Ruler of Everything
Fin

nessiaing

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:35 pm
Faatina cocked her head, glancing at Atl. She had never quite thought of it that way. Although, she supposed, it did make sense. The ocean had methods all its own, and it did command power in a quiet, thrumming way. It wasn't all that unrealistic to think that the terrors that it wreaked upon the pride were to a point. "That's a really wise way to look at it. I'd never... considered that there was a reason." Sighing and glancing back out to sea, she wrinkled her nose. "Though I suppose it was quite effective to that end."

"You don't recall?" Faatina looked back over to the male, seeing his gaze turn to the waves. His voice felt hesitant to her. She shrugged in response. "When everything started getting bad, I got scared and... left. So, hey, at least you aren't a coward like me." The lioness' voice was plaintive, stating fact she had come to accept over time. "It's different, yeah. Not in appearance but in the... feel of the place, I suppose. Everything feels muted compared to how it used to be. And of course, the lack of lions in the water is something you can't help but to notice."

At his question, she laughed. "Just the four of you? That would be so refreshing." Eyes rollings upward, Faatina counted. "There were seven of us in my litter alone, so I can't imagine what it's like with that much quiet time!" Faatina laughed again, glancing back at Atl.

nessiaing

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff