Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Seer's Bounty (Solomon x Dwimbi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 am
User Image

Solomon had been absent for quite some time - absent with leave from the pridal leader to do as he deemed necessary. It was a misconception that the Bahari'mtoto were forbidden to wander - and old rule instated by a naive child... and yet so many still seemed to belief it that Solomon and only a paw full of others had taken the plunge. Admittedly, Solomon's inclination to wander was bolstered by his heritage; afterall, the lion had not been born in the Bahari'mtoto and instead his mother had 'chosen' the pride.

Arimathras had taken rather a liking to the pride and it's denizens... She had discovered them during the tsunami, hungry and torn asunder by the tragedy that another deity seemed to have caused. Well, that was what they had told her, unaware that the pristine lioness had in fact been a deity. Unsurprisingly, when she had given birth she had expressed her fondness for the pride... one thing had led to another and here he was.

That being said his connection to his mother had been a deep one and so he had asked for permission to broaden his horizons and assist in scouting out resources for the pride. He had had relative success, but in recent months he had been distracted with assisting the more unfortunate and he had come back to quite a few changes!

First...there were the new islands he had never seen on the horizon.

...And then the half a million new faces he had never had the pleasure of encountering. Were the truly new blood, or sibling returning survivors?

He had quite a lot to catch up on.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 pm
User Image

Dimbwi, upon settling in the Bahari, hadn't been inclined to leave. Even the tsunami had done nothing to drive her away, as she knew that, when it came to gods and their fights, a wave was trivial compared to if the land was burning as a pair of titans clashed and fought. She wasn't one to judge why a wave would come or not, though, only that it had come. Perhaps somewhere out in the ocean, Yemaya had been fighting somebody. Or she'd sneezed. Either could just as easily be answers proper.

She was aware that wandering from the pride's lands was okay and encouraged. She just had no inclinations. She loved being by the sea, and found a profound comfort in its presence in her life. She wondered now and then why her children didn't wander a bit, even to the neighboring pride, but then... Perhaps they were content here.

Which, speaking of wandering... She noticed the rainbow-marked white lion and a grin spread across her face. THERE was somebody she'd not seen in a while! "Bonjour, monsieur Solomon! It 'as been a while!"

Epine de Rose
Sorry about that, youngest nephew likes to be a little hellion, especially when his mother's not home, and I had to get up every couple minutes to go see what his problem is NOW.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:34 pm
Andranis
Rofl, that's kids for you. xD;

He gave a start, ill prepared to the lioness to approach him. Admittedly, she hadn't been trying to sneak up on him, but he had been so engrossed in his own thoughts that he gave an undignified snort and his entire body jolted. A series of rapid blinks followed and he turned his gaze to her, fixing it upon her form with such a lack of clarity that it seemed he might have forgotten who she was. Fortunately, his memory did eventually kick in and when he had settled he hazarded a wry smile.

"It has indeed," he replied and lifted his paw to rub at his cheek sheepishly. "You gave me quite a uh..." he paused, he wouldn't call it fright, but perhaps surprise? "You made me jump," he said without any eloquence and shook his head. "Price of being distracted," he admitted and shook his head. "Did we always have this many in the pride or did we have an influx while I was absent?" he asked.

He might as well openly admit it before he accidentally put his foot in his mouth!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:41 pm
The lioness clicked her tongue, smiling. "I am sorry, I did not mean to startle you so." She looked to where some lions were walking, smiling a bit wider. "Oui, it 'as grown a bit. New lions joined, we 'ad a couple litters crop up..." It was pleasing to see the pride recovering as much as it was. A part of any lion's worries within a pride, she figured, was the stability. Would it grow, would it survive? The Bahari'mtoto were doing both while recovering from past devastations. Peace, it seemed, had been achieved by the pride. Now her biggest worry were, of course, the buffalo in the trees. They were now the biggest threat to the cubs of the pride on land... And to the adults. "We 'ave also gained, ah... Buffalo, it would seem..." She looked to the trees between the Bahari lands and Kizingo'zaa lands. So far, at least, lions had been able to get through between the sides without being harmed.

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:50 pm
Andranis

The lion squinted as she made reference to the Buffalo, not entirely certain that he had heard everything correctly the first time. He was fairly certain that buffalo didn't typically come this close...or rather they never used to. His mother's influence hadn't changed the land enough for that to happen either, or as far as he was aware she had never 'changed' the vegetation. Heck, she hadn't done much of anything except deliver a certain type of plant to offer soil support.

"Buffalo?" he repeated and shook his head, his brow furrowing just a touch. "They're rather close to the coast," he mused thoughtfully and lifted his brow. It wasn't that he was concerned, moreso confused by the bizarre behaviour, particularly if they were staying for longer than was considered the norm. "How long have they been here for?" he asked finally, curious as to just how much damage they were doing to the vegetation and the fresh water supply from the rivers.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:48 pm
Dimbwi could only shake her head. "I am not sure, entirely. Almost the entire dry season, I think..." She'd never seen a prey animal that large stay quite that long. Even the prey that didn't typically migrate still moved around where they were. "Per'aps there is something in the forest they seek... But it is a bit dangerous to go near them to ASK... They will not listen to any lion, nor will they allow any to approach." They were testy... Whatever was keeping them there was also making them upset. Whatever it was, she hoped it would cease to hold them soon.

Epine de Rose
Sorry for the double quote, there was an extra quote close I was removing xD;

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:54 am
Andranis

Now that was worrying; he knew the damage that the prey beasts could achieve to a resource if they remained too long. Oh he was sure he could 'whimper' to his mother and she would sustain it, but that wasn't the point. Whatever was keeping them in Bahari territory needed to be identified and removed... more importantly, the buffalo needed chased out. He wasn't typically one for rough foreign policy, but a testy buffalo could kill even an adult lion his size...let alone a small cub.

"Then they need chased out," he said at last with a grimace. "Has nothing been done about them? It seems unlikely the guards would allow them to cause such a risk to others for so long," he continued and glanced towards the jungle. "Generally I would be one for a more peaceful resolution but this is too dangerous, particularly when they won't let us close to inspect the cause[/i[ of their extended visit..."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 am
She grimaced. "They tried... One came away with a broken leg. 'E is better now, it does not look like the damage was permanent... But we 'ave not braved trying since and simply keep our distance." She let out a long sigh. "The good news is, what cubs there are, are listening to the warning to not go in without an adult to accompany them. And we are still able to find a good place to drink just up river from them." There was a bit of risk, though - The herd was spreading a bit lately, so they were getting pushed further toward the border to drink... Or closer to the sea. Neither was a good prospect to drink.

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:35 am
Andranis

This was bad news, he appreciated the necessity to live in harmony with those around him but not when it posed a risk to the lives of his kin. He had grown to love this pride and no buffalo was going to stake claim to their home... as loathe as he was to say it, a prey beast needed to understand its place in the world...And unfortunately, that place was slightly lower on the pecking order than any lion.

"Then we need to try again," he concluded with a small growl. It wasn't that he sounded insistent or dangerous, merely determined. If necessary he would put forward the idea to the pride leader himself. Regardless of who offered the suggestion and the ultimate strategy they chose in order to combat the issue at hand, it did need to be dealt with.

"It can't stay this way, it's not safe..."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:52 am
"It cannot, no..." Her gaze held on to the trees. The big, testy animals were in there. Even over the sounds of the sea and the trees in the wind, she could pick out their snorts and grunts. For a moment, she thought she saw a calf, but it could have been a trick of the light. Or something else.

Dimbwi then turned back to Solomon. "Now is not the time to confront them, though... The time will come, oui, but not now. I 'ave seen it, now and then... Blurred shapes, lion and buffalo... 'Opefully things do not get out of paw before then." She then nodded toward the dens. "Until then, you 'ave been gone a while. You should rest, tell others of your journeys! I am sure they will be 'appy to 'ear them!"

Epine de Rose
I call this done, yes ~ *Totally went with editing to reply to "Fin?"*

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am
Andranis
Fin...? And lol Dwimbi for telling him not to do anything yet. xD

Ever the pacifists... not that he disapproved of such things on the whole, but sometimes he did wonder if this was how certain individuals took advantage of them. Alas, he was in no position to disagree and it was with a small sigh that he offered a smile to Dwimbi and rubbed his paw against his nose again - he would still speak to someone about this, perhaps offer up ideas, but the lioness had a valid point.

"I'll stay out of trouble," he confirmed with a chuckle and cleared his throat. "Some rest would be good," he added. "And I do need to regale interested parties with my discoveries," he continued. A momentary pause, and then he regarded the lioness again. "Thank you, Dwimbi," he said at last and glanced towards the jungle. "No doubt we'll see one another again soon," he finished.

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games