[PRP] Fairy Tale Reality [Royal x Bru] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:06 pm
"Thanks again!" she called out her front door, waving as her sister Lady Faire flew off home. With a sigh she closed her door and leaned against it, directing the large stack of magazines that she'd just inherited into the front room, where she dropped it with a bit of a thud.

What once was the living room had become Wedding Central. The back wall over the couch had turned into a collage of dresses, flowers, ribbon colors, cake pictures and table setting ideas. Magazines and look books were beginning to form a wall around the couch while others were strung across the floor, opened to pictures of the latest wedding styles or trends.

Royal picked up the top periodical from the stack Faire had just given her and started casually flipping through it.

"Oohh..nice tiara.." she said, folding back the cover for a better look. "Woo Designs in diamond, pearls and platinum..retail cost..." Royal choked. "Apparently the yearly gross domestic income of a small country..."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:42 pm
Espresso Brulee was the kind of stallion that didn’t mind traditions. He was happy to let Royal turn their home into a giant design center for their dream wedding. To him, they had all the time in the world to plan. No dates were set, they could have a long engagement and he would have time to save up to provide his bride-to-be with whatever she wished for.

Despite being nobility, that didn’t really promise them a lot of funding for the wedding. The café was doing alright for how small it was, and he was able to build a decent enough nest egg… but the stallion worried it wasn’t going to be enough to cover everything. What if she wanted doves? What if she wanted glass slippers? Bru was all too happy to promise the moon, but being a gentleman he didn’t want to bring up how much it was actually going to cost or complain about it.

Standing at the door, he spied on Royal and honestly felt relief that she choked on the cost of something. Playfully though, “so that’s the limit then? Slightly less than a entire small country’s national reserve? “
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:38 am
"I shudder to think if Faire gave me these because she thought they weren't good enough for herself." she said, pawing through the rest of the magazine quickly. Like the tiara, many pieces of jewelry were beautiful and had the price tags of five years worth of the coffee shop's profits. "I don't even think any wedding dress I'd choose would be nice enough to wear to whatever coronation she's apparently planning." Royal's tone was mostly playful, maybe a small sour note under the banter. Using her magic she dumped the magazine into the recycling bin. "Make a note Bru, we need to steal the crown jewels for a wedding present in the near future."

Placing a tiny kiss on her husband-to-be's cheek, she stood in front of the wall collage. He was a doll to put up with the sudden mess, as the living room was often the room he retired too for coffee and reading after dinner. She was excited to be getting married, ecstatic! Almost the very moment after she'd processed his proposal she was chirping about her dream fairy tale wedding. What she didn't expect however, was how much work actually went into actually planning such a wedding.

Royal walked over to the wall and stared up at the picture of the cake she'd finally, FINALLY picked out and scrunched up her nose in thought. "I don't know..maybe this a good cake design after all.."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:11 pm
“You would look lovely in anything you chose, or nothing at all if you’d prefer. Even without a dress, I’m certain you would still be the loveliest mare at all ball, or coronation, or wedding.” Half a cheeky remark, and half very serious, Bru meant what he said. No matter what, in his eyes Royal would always be the fairest of them all.

Seeing her chuck out the magazines helped settle his mind though. “ I’m sure robbing a bank or stealing royal jewels would result in too much funds. You wouldn’t want to be a garish bride and over the top with a pearly meringue of a dress anyways.”

His sunset eyes scanned over the cake ideas that had her attention. Bru had to admit he was a little bit of a dessert snob, and if anything the food and drinks area was part of the wedding he was more at ease discussing. He stared at the cake she had picked out , a square shape with three layers and ribbons of fondant and sugar flower shapes. “If that’s… the design you like best. “ He wasn’t that impressed with design, but flavor was really the important thing. “But, perhaps close your eyes and just. Try to picture our wedding day and tell me what you imagine.”
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:41 am
Though her back was turned, Royal closed her eyes and thought. "Hmmm..." After a pause, she smiled a little, recalling ideas and visions she'd had since she was a foal.

"Well, there are a lot of phony there...and you're there..now." she giggled a little. "Mmmm...I can see the dress is white and a little frilly.." she frowned a little as that uber expensive tiara tries to shove its way into her fantasy. While it glittered attractively in her hair, she gave her head a little shake. "No..not that." she muttered out loud, meaning to only think it. "There is Nevermore and Noble and Wisp, and they're there dressed in nice.." The dresses on the girls kept flicking back and forth between robin egg blue, which looked nice on Wisp but made Nev look weird, and a gentle lilac which made Nev pop but sort of clashed on Wisp. The flowers began to change from white roses to white lilies to bright red carnations which she didnt even LIKE.

"UGH!" She stomped her hoof and opened her eyes. "Why can't this sort of thing be more simple!"

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm
"I am glad I could make it into the picture." Bru nodded, he really was blessed to have wound up with her; he knew there very well could have been a long line of stallions waiting to beat down her door, if she wanted that.

Happily, he nodded in agreement as she listed off things, but seemed to stop when it came to finer details about what other phony might want to wear. "You know your own heart's desire for a dress, but you can't imagine the girls? Perhaps you are over thinking it. It may be cliche, but it is your day."

"Our day..." Bru corrected himself. "Maybe simplicity is the key. Do not worry about what Lady Faire will think of our wedding and if it's fit for royalty. Or what will please our children. I'm sure they are all just happy for us to be getting married." He was happy, and if it was what would please his bride most, Espresso Brulee did not need it to be an extravagant affair.

He was, in the past five minutes, strangely insightful and forthcoming with his opinions. Taking a deep breath, he went and brought two stools over and placed them down in front Royal's wedding board. Then he grabbed one magazine , sat down and leafed through it. "So for our day... perhaps we should only think about what we both like."

Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:19 pm
Royal opened her eyes, a tear or two sparkling in them. She was frustrated but she didn't want to show it. Her ears twisted back, listening to her beau and she let out a soft sigh. He was right, she was overthinking it.

She was about to ask what he thought she should do when he presented the two stools, and sat down, starting to look through a magazine. Royal smiled and after a moment, sat down next to him, leaning over and laying her head on his shoulder so that she could both cuddle him and see the magazine. "This is why I'm marrying you, you're brilliant."

She put her hoof on a small cake section. "And I need your expertise in this section."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:45 pm
"I knew you had a good reason." Bru's eyes almost glimmered at she smiled at her comment.

When looking over the cakes, Bru carefully examined the types, all their shapes and designs. Fancy desserts were most definitely in his repertoire, he was pleased to be able to be instrumental in finding THE cake. Naturally, Bru was inclined to want a coffee cake, but he knew that would never fly with Royal's taste buds. Cakes were often the center pieces of a wedding, and their had to be classically appealing yet beautiful and suited to them. "Well, I guess we should think about tiers, but that depends on the number of guests. 3 or 4 is usually fairly typical. And design...." Bru flipped through the pages, making faces here and there to show he either thought something was okay or was horrendous.

Then he spied something that he liked. Simple but delicate branches of caramel drapped over a cake to look like a budding tree branch. The caramel stood out nicely on the snow white of the cake. "Something like this perhaps? With golden and minty flowers to match suit our colors?"
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:38 pm
"Oh..Ohhhhh..." Royal leaned against her beau and looked at the cake he'd selected, picturing it in her head. "Yes. I think it's perfect! I should have had you pick the cake and the food to begin with, you're the expert." Her magic grabbed the page and carefully pulled it out of the magazine, pinning it to the wedding wall. "Now..the next task is flowers." She replaced the book Bru had in his hooves with one that specialized in flowers.

Royal quickly flipped through and tossed a several books featuring flowers. "Too much white, too pink, YECH!" She finally settled on a book that featured "Understated color combinations" and started leafing through. "Oh..oh Bru..!" she flipped open a picture of a bouquet. "Look at this, this might be per.." in her exciment, the page flipped over, showing off a table setting. Royal let out a girlish squeal. "These! These! These! Oh don't you think these are perfect?!"

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:54 pm
Looking at the page, Bru was impressed to be honest. He liked the simplistic of the flowers together and how it complimented their colors. "A perfect match. These will blend in really well."

"The feather is a nice touch too, and easy enough to get..." Bru did occasionally shed feathers. It helped that this was really a frugal way to provide their wedding with a little touch of themselves. "It certainly seems like we won't have to become scoundrels and bank robbers... unless you had your eye on some outstanding dress."

The flowers and cake were really just details, but he knew his princess deserved whatever dress her heart desired. "You'd look lovely in anything, but you deserve something fit for the princess you are."
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:08 pm
Royal blushed and gave Bru a loving kiss and a nuzzle. Her price really did spoil her.

Cake and flowers, the two accessories of any good wedding decided on. Now was the "main event" item, the gown. This time she brought over the biggest magazine she had that was nothing but wedding dresses. This one she held aloft with her magic between them. The would choose this part of their wedding together.

They flipped through the magazine slowly, pointing out various likes of color, "Oh what about this?" alterations, "Oh I really love the way this one has so many ruffles!", and form. "Oh this one! Look at this one with so much puffiness like a princess dress!"

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:58 am
Bru's turned up his nose, literally, at the first dress. It was nice enough in shape, and he appreciated that it was in his sort of colors... "That doesn't even have any white in it. Not even close to white. Aren't wedding dresses suppose to be white? Or at least blush or champagne colored. I think you would be lovely in it, but not for our wedding..."

As they went through them Bru's comments continued to be "too plain" and " too flat."
Taking over, Bru flipped through some pages himself, pointing out three dresses that he liked. One was a mermaid style that clung to hips and then flared out... though he wasn't sure how Royal would actually walk or feel in something so tight. Next he saw a champagne colored dress with a large skirt round skirt he thought was very princess like and another that was white with layers and layers of chiffon fabric making the skirt look feathery. "What about these ones?"
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 pm
"Tch." As if reading Bru's mind, she pointed out how the mermaid flare was really pretty but her back legs would basically be smooshed together and it would exceedingly hard to do anything cept slowly walk down the aisle. Dancing and anything else would be out of the question. The second one was very pretty, but the large bottom looked very stiff and it might not smooth over her flank at all if the skirt was like a old fashion hoop skirt. The last.."Way..way too many ruffles." she glanced at Bru. "Don't look at me like that, too many ruffles is a thing!"

The couple continued to flip through the magazine by as page after page was turned, Royal was starting to get discouraged. Too much lace, too poofy, she actually groaned at some of the dresses that looked like a foal had gotten ahold of glue and fabric and just mashed it on parts of the dress. She was begining to dig through the pile of other magazines when Bru turned the page and there it was. Royal's eyes lit up and sparkled. The color, the detailing, just enough ruffle, just enough poof.

Perfect.

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:10 am
Bru himself saw the same dress and was immediately drawn to it. It was gorgeous with just enough white to be a proper wedding dress and tons of delicate gold details that it was fit for princess.

Turning to look at Royal's expression, he saw how lit up she was gazing at the dress."This one is truly made for you..." Even it was going to cost a fortune to get, Bru was willing to make it happen.
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:13 pm
Tears sparkled in Royal's eyes. "This..this is really going to happen isn't it?" She touched the picture of the gown with her hoof reverently. "We're really going to get married and be together forever aren't we?" She looks at all the pictures they'd pinned, things they'd picked and then the dress. "It...feels real now. Like I won't wake up and it'd have all been a dream."

Royal ducked under Bru's arm and snuggled into him. "Hey Bru?" she cooed softly. "Let's get married and live happily ever after ok?" she leaned forward and kissed him.

zippedsiren
I think you can wrap it up for us! Yay!

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas