Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ prp ] The legendary adventures of (Isaac & Creedence)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:11 pm
Isaac would be woken by a loud rap against his door and an envelope sliding under it. In elegant if a bit archaic script, Birdgar the Nice had been written across it. Within was a brief note and a map.

To The Grande Maester Birdgar,

Maker Bless You Upon This Eve. A Strange Occurrence Hath Descended Upone Mine Farm. If Your Greatness Coulde Be Called Forthe Untoe Mine Presence It Woulde Be Moste Fortuitous.

Your Humble Neighbor,
Ardlebrag Fontingbragh

note attached

Fontinbragh is a farmer that owns most of the land in the Valley of Three Springs. He's a pompous man who makes a point of flattering others in great displays, not from the sincerity of his heart, but in reflected his own self importance upon others. He collects exotic items and animals to display his worldly wisdom, yet knows nothing if their needs or care.

He does, however, pay very well.

Along with the missive was a map of the basement hallway, but instead of simply a hall with room attached, there was a little hut where Birdgar lived, followed by a long woodland corridor. There were a few small huts along the way, and eventually one labelled, Fontinbragh Farm.

Upon opening his door, Isaac would find a bundle of clothes topped with an ornate dagger of sturdy plastic, well worn but well loved, along with a very large wizard hat. The roughly sewn green robe with brown trim would be a comfortable loose fit.

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:46 pm
On the rare nights that he slept in his "dorm" it was always difficult for Isaac to tell what the time of day was when he awoke thanks to the lack of natural light - well, the lack of windows altogether.

He groaned softly and rose to his feet, stumbling towards the door and tripping over himself at least twice. Isaac stepped on the envelope before seeing it; he was, after all, far more interested in answering the knock that had roused him. Upon opening the door he frowned at the lack of anyone on the other side - that frown lasted only until he caught sight of the clothes.

A trembling half-whispered, "Oh." escaped him, followed immediately by another filled with far more reverence.

"Oh."

With shaky hands he took up the outfit and retreated back into his room; he did not even notice the soft oooh's and aaahhh's he made. Isaac immediately clothed himself in the robe, adding his own little flair to the outfit by way of a ratty, moldy piece of rope he tied around his waist. He pleated his hair into two braids - because that's what Birdgar the Nice would have done - and finally settled the hat atop his head. The final touch was the dagger that he tucked into the rope belt.

Once more Isaac -- no, Birdgar -- moved towards the door; only then did he see the envelope.

He let out a soft hrhghggnnnn as he picked it up, whispering the words on the letters to himself out loud.

Birdgar the Nice shifted on his feet in excitement. He opened the door (didn't even bother closing it) and shuffled down the hall.

"I am Birdgar the Nice," he reminded himself under his breath, "and I am going to have my revenge. Also my knife may be magic."

lizbot

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:51 pm
A voice, feminine and carrying, narrated his entry into the room marked, Fontinbragh Farm.

"As Birdgar crossed into the farmlands, the sounds of birds and insects suddenly went silent."

It was coming from behind a large curtain made of sheets that obscured a good half of the room. "It was then that the first attack was made." A slender hand appeared above the curtain and threw what turned out to be a large rubber rat.

"Rodents of Unusual Size! He would have to find them off for some time before his spell would be ready!"

Nine more rubber rats followed.

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm
Isaac Birdgar let out a rather girlish shriek as the first rat came flying towards him. It took him a moment to realize that the rats were mere rubber, and he let out a low, shuddering exhale of relief.

He muttered a soft, "That frightened me, Creedence," before slipping (poorly) back into character.

"Yes, it is I, BIRDGAR THE NICE," he bellowed, reaching for his dagger, "and I, BIRDGAR THE NICE, fear NO RODENT THAT IS UNUSALLY GIANT!!"

A pause. He picked up one of the rats and held it with one hand, his dagger in the other.

"Do I stab them now, Creedence?"

The words were nothing more than the softest of whispers.

lizbot

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:16 pm
They have been a choked giggle, swiftly suppressed. "It was indeed time for Birdgar to make with the stabbing! But accuracy would be key! If and part of him, hand to foot, should touch a rat, they shall bite home with their nasty yellow teeth! Birdgar must hurry before they rally and attack him as one! He has ten seconds to do so..."

And the countdown to kill ten rats had begun.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:42 pm
Birdgar immediately -- immediately -- dropped the rat that he clutched in his hand.

"Oh no," he whispered, a little horrified.

Then he dropped to his knees, knife out, and began stabbing rubber rats. Some of them more than once. Probably some of them not at all - but he did his best, grunting manfully with each downward swing of his arm.

With each successful hit, he made the noise that he imagined a dying giant rat might make.

lizbot

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:20 pm
"Birdgar stood victorious over the the dead rats, only a bit injured on his left hand, but then...the sound of hundreds of tiny feet began to scrabble toward him! It was time for Birdgar to use his magic!" From the curtain a hand held out a small bag full of ping-pong balls. There were 6 labeled small spell, 3 labelled midling spell, and 1 labelled large spell.

Whispering, the GM instructed him, "When you use one, give its name and describe what it does."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:39 pm
"Thank you, Creedence," Isaac whispered, eyes squeezed shut as he took the bag from the voice behind the sheet wall. If he kept his eyes closed, she maintained her aura of mysteriousness, and mysteriousness was really important.

Isaac cleared his throat the bag and opened it - and his eyes at the same time. He frowned at the sight of the ping pong balls.

Large spell sounded really awesome, and so of course that was the one he grabbed.

"I am Birdgar the Nice, a Wizard of good but also of vengeance and revenge for my dead cat familiar that someone has killed, and I am also slayer of Giant Rats who I have slain with my dagger that may be magic," he began grandly (and also loudly), holding his arms out to the side as though he were presenting himself to an audience, "and I am going to cast this ball of large magic."

He fell silent and frowned at the ping pong ball as though it might grant him knowledge of the powers it possessed.

It did not, so he would have to wing it.

"It is a spell of," he cleared his throat, "of, ah. Burning... BALL OF BURNING," he corrected himself, and held the ping pong ball aloft as though it were the greatest thing in the entire world.
lizbot

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 am
Behind the curtain, the girl made an unusually stern look and quietly shook her head. There was a warning in her voice when she next spoke, "It was well that the spring rains had been true and healthy that year, for such a powerful spell during the dry season would have destroyed more than the foe it was aimed against. The rats died all around him until not one remained to plague the land."

There was movement behind the curtain, and then out waddled a round figure in a fancy nightgown and strawhat. "Well, I say," they drawled, tone a bit snobby around the hick accent, "...it is the most noble Wizard, in his hat and robes, just as I said he would be!"

They held out a little hand sewn drawstring bag, several hand drawn cardboard token inside. "For your valiant effort in purging my lands. Good service is so very hard to find, you know. The rats just came in a very great sudden, but I told the wife, I told her I knew just who would come when needed..."

"He" seemed ready to go on at great length.

pinchmonster

Isaac has gained:
+ 10 monies
+ 10 unusual rat pelts

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:34 am
Isaac could not stop smiling at the news that he'd killed all the rats. Even the fact that he'd gone a little wild with his choice in spells couldn't dampen the massive smile that brightened his face. He was smiling so widely that it actually started to hurt - and the smile grew in wattage once the curtain parted to reveal the figure in the nightgown and straw hat.

"Yes, I am Birdgar the Nice and I have saved the day here, no rats will bother you again," he peered into the bag, lips twitching at the sight of the tokens within, "and while I would like to stand here listening to you talk, I am on a very adventurous and more importantly dangerous mission."

He adjusted his hat and shoved his dagger into his rope belt.

"My dagger may be magic," he went on to add, "and I am seeking revenge against terrible people who have killed my cat."
lizbot

Quote:

Isaac has gained:
+ 10 monies
+ 10 unusual rat pelts

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:53 pm
"Welllllll," the landowner drawled, "my good wizard, I'll let you be on your way then. I suppose you're much too busy to hear my story." There was an edge of warning in their voice.

pinchmonster

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff