Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 pm
User Image

Haddi's talk with the easy-going hyena Wyma had been hugely enlightening. Just imagine, an entire pride focused on a game! He was practically beside himself with glee! She'd given him a basic run-down of the game, and shown him a few folks practicing on the field. Haddi's heart pounded with immense pride and joy upon learning what he had from the bouncy female. She had seemed completely unfazed by his being a god, and he hoped this sort of attitude would continue. It wasn't a lot of fun when those he was trying to play with were over-awed by him. He never went without his wings, although he probably could have. What was the fun in that, though?!

Now he was searching for one of those in charge that Wyma had told him about. He was hoping he could get himself invited to be involved, to be able to come here often, to learn when the games would be... so many questions! He bounced as he prowled about, searching for that one lion... aha, there he was! "Overseer Taji!" he called cheerfully, waving one wing to get the other male's attention.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:18 pm
User ImageTaji took a deep breath of the warm, dry air that greeted him as he stepped out of his den. It was a perfect day for Kikombe! Of course, to him any day was a good day for Kikombe. Rain or shine, heat or cold, day or night, if the urge was there then Kikombe could be played. Of course, Taji himself hadn't actually played in quite a few seasons by now. He'd gone from a star player to a coach and finally to the Player Overseer where he had sat for almost two seasons now. It was a fine role to take and he loved being able to help the Players and other members of the pride, whether it was just chit chatting or helping them find their position for a game.

Shaking out his mane, he decided to head down to the fields to see if anyone was practicing. He knew there would be creatures of all sorts down there taking advantage of the great day, but he had to admit he was surprised to see a large winged lion among the others of the pride. Taji was a fairly big lion, but he could tell this male made him look like a tiny little leopard. He had grown up knowing gods existed and, although he'd never seen one before, he knew that this male had to be one.

He changed his direction to move over to the blue-maned god, a curious but friendly expression on his face. "Yes, that would be me," he said as he got within hearing distance. "Welcome to the Kwa Kikombe pride. What can I do for you?"  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:26 pm
Haddi beamed happily at the lion as he was greeted. "What a wonderful pride you have here!" he crowed, clearly bursting with glee. "I am Haddi... the god of Games!" He practically leaped in place at that announcement, flipping his wings excitedly. "I can't tell you how pleased I am to learn about your pride! And I want to know more, so much more!" He looked back over his shoulder and around for Wyma, but she was long gone by now. "I learned about all of you from a very friendly hyena announcer named Wyma." A quirk of a different kind of amusement crossed his face at mentioning the hyena. She'd been very entertaining, with her odd words that seemed to come from nowhere.

"I actually am part of a pride not too far from here," he added. "Have you heard of Sikukuu yet?" With so many criers running about, it was always possible word had come here, especially since they weren't too terribly distant from each other. Then again, it was also possible that if one of the Sikukuu criers had come here, they might have been too busy getting involved with this fantastic game to do much advertising for their own pride!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm
Taji chuckled softly at the enthusiasm the god had. He certainly seemed to love life, and Taji could really get behind a god like this. He had heard stories of some that wanted nothing more than to see mortals suffer. This god - Haddi, he was called - seemed to want the exact opposite.

"The god of games...what a fortunate dominion to reign over," he said with a laugh of his own. "And what luck that you've stumbled across Wyma. I'm sure she told you enough about Kikombe that you could jump in and start playing right away." The hyena - as well as all the other young cubs and pups that had been found out in the rogue lands - had all grown into model pride members. He couldn't have been happier to give them a place to live.

"Sikukuu...the name sounds familiar although I'm not sure I've been told in detail about them," Taji admitted, lifting a paw to adjust the fabric he wore around his shoulders.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:43 pm
"Yes indeed she did," he replied with a rueful look. "She also told me I was probably too big to quite do the rules justice, and I fear she is probably right." His size and power during a real game would have greatly imbalanced the chances in favor of his own team. He couldn't argue with that, and he was definitely in favor of rules. "So I'll have to settle for playing for fun and being a spectator on the sidelines during real games." His expression showed no real disappointment in this. To him, all games of any kind were enjoyable, whether he was playing them himself or not. Truth be told, he often got a great deal of joy out of just watching youngsters invent their own games and play them out, making the rules as they went. That was the sort of thing he lived for.

The switch in subject to the pride under his protection made him beam happily again. "Oh, I'm certain you would get along fabulously. They have a great deal of focus on games as well!" Which, of course, explained his role in the pride, or why he was drawn to it at least! "Rather than just having a single game they are very good at," he went on, with a nod of recognition to the skill he'd witnessed in those practicing, "they play many different games during their many celebrations." He sat down and began gesturing with his wings as he spoke. "Their focus is on the four seasons, and on reasons to rejoice during each moon." His chest puffed out with pride at the good things he could say about Sikukuu. It truly was a wonderful place to spend time. "They invite everyone to come join them during these parties too!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm
Taji had to laugh again as he tried to picture this massive lion playing with wild dogs and cheetahs. "Yes, I think you might be a bit too grand to be on a permanent team, but there's skill sessions and training and practice matches that you could certainly participate in," he said, giving Haddi a little wink. "Or you could play one on one with me. I might give you a good run."

He was joking, of course. While he might surpass Haddi in knowledge of the game and skill, the god of games was likely to pick up on the tricks of the trade very quickly and could probably run - and fly - circles around him in no time. Still, the thought of a god coming by to play Kikombe was fantastic to him. He was the great-grandson of the lion that founded the pride as well as the game. He knew his great-grandfather would be pleased beyond measure to know the god of games was taking an interest in his pride.

As Haddi explained the Sikukku a bit more Taji's eyes lit up. "That sounds like a wonderful pride! It's a shame I've not heard of it before now..there definitely sounds like there could be some collaboration between this pride and theirs." Games year round? That would be fun! Then there would be things for the pride members that weren't players to participate in.

"They're not far, you say? Perhaps when you return you could send my warmest greetings to the leaders of the pride."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm
Haddi's face split into a grin as he listened to the invitation to participate in other aspects of things, and then the playful challenge to try one-on-one with this wily player. "You're on!" he replied enthusiastically. "I'll even tuck my wings back, just so it's 'fair'," he added with a wicked twinkle in his eyes. That hardly would make up for their difference in size, but it would be awesome to learn the game from a lifelong expert such as this.

And ooooh, collaboration! One of his favorite words! The idea of the two prides working together got him wiggling like an excited cub. "Oh, what a fantastic idea! Maybe you could play an exhibition game there during the summer... or you could invite members of Sikukuu here for an important game!" He was nearly prancing in place again, wings waving expansively. "Their games are pretty wide in type... some are skill-based, while others are suitable for the very young. Many are completely random." He preened a little, clearly proud of the variety Sikukuu offered. "They have more than just games to offer, though. There are stalls with pretty things for trade, feasting, and ceremonies."

He settled a little at the request to send greetings, and gave the overseer a deep bow. "I will most certainly convey your regards to our King and Queen! They will be pleased to learn of how alike the two prides seem to be. They are both wonderful people." He nodded solemnly, then tipped his head inquisitively. "Wyma didn't really explain how leadership works for Kwa Kikombe... are you one of the official leaders?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:15 pm
The wind from Haddi's wings had Taji's mane blowing gently, as well as the ends of the fabric he wore like a scarf. It was quite humorous to see a lion of his size and stature wriggling about like an excited cub, but the smaller male knew just what it was like to get super excited about something. That was how he felt every time a new season of Kikombe was going to start with new players and teams joining into the mix.

"Wonderful," he said with a wide grin. The Kikombe was a peaceful pride but didn't really have any alliances or friends. They just did their own thing. To know there was another friendly pride out there that played games as well was incredibly nice, and the fact that they were close by was even better. "Of course, any member of that pride is more than welcome to come and watch or participate in our games. Our playoffs and championship matches won't be for some time yet, but the regular season games are still fun to watch."

The question made him nod just a bit and he shifted to sit before the god. "I'm one of two leaders, yes. I'm the Player Overseer, I see to the Players as well as the other members of the pride. I try to keep their well-being in mind when I make any decisions and I'm always there for them to talk to whenever they need an ear. Our other leader is a cheetah named Howahkan, she's the Game Overseer. She keeps track of all the teams and matches and organizes the games, the playoffs, the championships, and so forth. Keeps the referees up to date on the rules, makes sure all of our games go off without a hitch."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 pm
Haddi listened attentively, body language calm once more. He nodded at appropriate times and clearly paid sincere attention to the answer. He opened his mouth to ask what was likely a rude question about whether he and the Game Overseer were mates, a whoop from the nearby practice field distracted him. He glanced over to see a younger set playing what looked like an impromptu and unofficial skirmish with one of the turtle shells. Haddi's tail began to wave excitedly, his attention completely diverted from the more grown-up conversation he'd been having with Taji.

After several long moments of watching avidly, he turned back apologetically to the lion. "I find your game so terribly interesting! If it's alright, I think I'll go watch those players over there, and see if maybe I can't get involved, just for fun." His eyes flashed happy mischief as he spoke. "Thank you so much for your kind welcome, and I will be certain to remember your greeting to our leaders!" With a wave of a wing, he turned and bounded off towards the shouts and laughter, like a bee to honey. It might be a couple days before he headed back to Sikukuu at this rate!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:51 pm
Taji knew he was losing the god as he spoke, the laughter and playful snarls of cubs not too far off reaching his ears. Ah, good, a little game. He waved a paw to let Haddi know that it was fine, he wouldn't hold it against him. He was sure the god would be back at some point to talk to him again. He took his own leave, heading in the direction of the practice fields where he had been going in the first place, his mind busy with the thought of another pride similar to theirs.

FIN  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas