m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 pm
User Image

More like my "Red Riding Hood-turned werewolf" (based on a story and eventually a comic I'm developing on my own), but whatever

Now onto my faun or kitsune... which one?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 pm
First off, I like your werewolf themed outfit. It all flows together really well.

Secondly, I vote for kitsune. Not entirely sure what a kitsune is, but it wounds like it would be cooler than a faun. sweatdrop  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
First off, I like your werewolf themed outfit. It all flows together really well.

Secondly, I vote for kitsune. Not entirely sure what a kitsune is, but it wounds like it would be cooler than a faun. sweatdrop

It's the Japanese word for "fox", and in Ancient Japanese folklore they are mythical shapeshifters and frequently are portrayed with multiple tails (think like the Pokémon Zorua/Zoroark or Vulpix/Ninetales, respectively). Sometimes they disguise themselves as humans and mate with actual humans, kinda like selkies (seal-people from Celtic folklore).

Fauns are still cool, tho. I have made a couple faun characters.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 pm
*Tilts head back and howls*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
wolf_with_a_dragon

It's the Japanese word for "fox", and in Ancient Japanese folklore they are mythical shapeshifters and frequently are portrayed with multiple tails (think like the Pokémon Vulpix/Ninetales or Zorua/Zoroark). Sometimes they disguise themselves as humans and mate with actual humans, kinda like selkies (seal-people from Celtic folklore).

The differing fox demon mythos is really quite differential between the different ethnic backgrounds of the stories.
I prefer the korean one, the Gumiho/Kumiho. The Japanese one is the most well known around the world though.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 pm
wellwisher
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
wolf_with_a_dragon

It's the Japanese word for "fox", and in Ancient Japanese folklore they are mythical shapeshifters and frequently are portrayed with multiple tails (think like the Pokémon Zorua/Zoroark or Vulpix/Ninetales, respectively). Sometimes they disguise themselves as humans and mate with actual humans, kinda like selkies (seal-people from Celtic folklore).

The differing fox demon mythos is really quite differential between the different ethnic backgrounds of the stories.
I prefer the korean one, the Gumiho/Kumiho. The Japanese one is the most well known around the world though.

The "huli jing" is another one from China. They all seem to have really similar descriptions, tho...?  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
The "huli jing" is another one from China. They all seem to have really similar descriptions, tho...?
Yep, It's more in their mannerisms, what they want/need/get from humans, and if the story paints them as benevolent or malicious, and the supposed origins of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:56 pm
I like it.

Also I love fauns so voting that.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 pm
Nice.

I have to go with fauns. I always love seeing the different versions that people cosplay as during the conventions I attend. Maybe someday I'll do a faun-cosplay myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:05 pm
Prof. Moonie
Nice.

I have to go with fauns. I always love seeing the different versions that people cosplay as during the conventions I attend. Maybe someday I'll do a faun-cosplay myself.

ninja  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:06 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Prof. Moonie
Nice.

ninja

emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Mama Ame
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Prof. Moonie
Nice.

ninja

emotion_dowant

*incoherent goat-noises*  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 pm
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Mama Ame
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Prof. Moonie
Nice.

ninja

emotion_dowant

*incoherent goat-noises*

Oh bby.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:36 pm
Mama Ame
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Mama Ame
xX Celeste Foxx Xx
Prof. Moonie
Nice.

ninja

emotion_dowant

*incoherent goat-noises*

Oh bby.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50