Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Rabbit Heart (Chance/ ?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:26 am
"It wasn't meant to be an accusation," said Chance, unruffled, in spite of the girl's sudden defensiveness, the biting tone of her voice that indicated she was offended by what he was saying. He remained as calm and collected as ever. "Merely an observation. You seemed to want me to demonstrate my so-called kissing skills, without any particular reasoning behind it. I'm only to happy to demonstrate, but I'm interested as to why."

He smiled her. "Why do you want someone to teach you about lovers?"

meegane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 pm
She didn't answer immediately, the cool-headed guy in front of him reminded her of someone stuck in her memory like a rock couldn't be carried away by the waves. "I hate you." She spat out, not fully meant what she said.

"Not lover, Chance -" it felt weird to call someone without surname in that situation but she left it behind, "Love's a troublesome thing I wish not to touch with. I only want the physical contact and warmth." She didn't like his choice of words and his attitude, but it was like a bucket of water poured on a small flame, she wasn't no longer that irritable.

Opening the book, she leafed the pages of it. It was easily realized to be a hand-made, pages turned faint yellow but it was in good condition. The pages were filled with illustrations and hand-written text. "I've my personal reason of doing so, I'm not some bitches that lure and flirt with every men or women they encountered. Also, I've told you one of my reasons already."

She remained to be a cat in alert, but she wasn't as tensed up as she was before Chance's words. "Interested?" she replied with a sarcastic voice, "As in interested in every human being to satisfy your curiosity? You're horrible. I don't want to be any sort of records or data, and I don't think I'm interesting." The book was closed again, put aside.

"I know I'm boring, I won't flirt with you and bring amusement. I don't even get any attention, they treat me like an underage, Mr. Psychologist, tell me how old do you think I am?"

kuuropii

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:51 am
"Ouch," said Chance, without a single lick of heat behind it, without a single piece of evidence that he was in any way offended by her harsh words. "But you don't hate me, because you can't hate someone that you don't even really know."

Not that Chance ever hated anyone. He smiled benignly.

"I don't understand or trust love either, and I definitely understand only wanting the physical contact and warmth, since that's mostly what I do myself," he said easily. "Love is a confusing thing, I've never particularly held an affinity for it as well."

For the first time, however, a faint frown flickered across Chance's face.

"I find the word bitches to be rather tasteless," he said, rubbing his long fingers over his jaw. "I don't see why it should be considered a bad thing to flirt with every man or woman they encounter if that's what they like, that's what they feel comfortable with."

He got to his feet, brushing grass from his jeans. Chance bent over and touched one finger beneath the girl's chin, tilted it up so that he could see her face.

"What I find interesting is for me to decide," he said mildly. "And you are far from boring, but you also seem to be far from correct in your fairness of judging others for what you find distasteful."

His hand fell away and Chance slipped both of his into his pockets.

"I'll tell you this, Cat," he said. "I have a habit of sleeping with people I like, whether I've known them for ten minutes or ten years. Not that I've ever known anyone for ten years, that's a long time," he added thoughtfully.

He leveled a look down at her. "But if you want to know about physical connections, sex, kisses, touches, and everything that comes with that, which I'm willing to help with, you have to be open to the fact that not everyone shares your personal views on it."

meegane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:35 am
She could easily see that how genuine the ouch was, it was just a whim to say so and she knew he won't care anyway. Anyhow, the words followed resulted in a big reaction - she cackled, convulsed with laughter that her hood fell to expose the black hair.

"Is that your theory? You can hate someone you don't know, because hate is an emotion. It depends on your perception," opined the girl right after she pulled the hood up.

The smug smile clearly imparted they had different opinions. "You can hate someone merely because of their physical appearances, the aura they emit, the way they talk or the first impression. Hate is a mindless sentiment most of the time, it can be illogical."

"Loathing or abhorrence is another thing, it's a deeper and strong feeling, view it as progression of hate," Added the girl. "One thing you're right, I don't really hate you." She smiled. "If not, I already left."

The girl nodded in agreement with Chance for his comment over love. "Love's a sneaky thing, be careful. It will disguise itself into different forms." She allowed the touch and looked into Chance's eyes, "I never say it's a bad thing, just saying I'm different. The culture difference between here and my home country is like a giant gap," she frowned, as if she was in trouble.

"Maybe I should use chicks instead of bitches? Fidelity is a deep-rooted concept in our culture and our family upheld strict education.....maybe that's the reason I have strong disapproval over some people's behaviour." She shrugged, making a face of musing. "I don't really understand the friend-and-sex thing. We won't have sex with our friends, but on this island, it's the opposite."

kuuropii

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:26 am
"That's my own belief," said Chance with a smile. "I didn't say that it had to be yours. You're free to hate whomever you please, however you please, but it doesn't apply to everyone equally."

Chance, who hated no one and was curious about everything. It was a facet of his personality that he did not have too many of the emotions that many on the island felt, but the lack of hatred or even dislike towards people didn't stem from that, at least not entirely.

"Love is a curious thing, but it's not for me," said Chance mildly. "I like to study it, pick it apart, try and understand it in its most basic forms, but that's easier said than done. People here thrive on emotions, drown themselves in them, it's what makes them who they are, and that alone makes me want to be around more people. Because they're so unlike me, and not out of a desire to treat them as lab rats, but something else."

Something he wasn't going to reveal to a perfect stranger. Chance's smile was still in place as he said, "That doesn't work either, as it implies only women do the sleeping around. Plenty of men - myself included - do it as well."

He let out a hum of thought. "Not for everyone," said Chance. "It's a generalization, there are many faithful couples here and there. I've never really grasped the concept of friendship myself, so I've mostly had one night stands since I began having sex, but I don't see why, if you're both two consenting adults, you can't decide to have a good time together."

He shrugged. "No strings attached, of course, for me, but I realize that it's not the same for everyone. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to sleep around, or to not want to have sex with your friends. I am merely one viewpoint of many different ones."

meegane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 pm
"Alive and not like a doll?" she sighed, feeling uncomfortable for Chance to touch something in her core concept. As if she was punching over soft pillows, his words were mild and couldn't be tasted of how he was. He didn't fully disagree or agree with her, which she rather hoped it happen.

She kept a distance to everyone, for her own reasons. She could be friendly and act intimately but she tried her best not to. Like a hand stroking a cat with gentle soft force, it's likable because of the comfort but she wanted to go away. Cats were like that, they can like or hate the same thing at different times.

"What I mean is the culture difference, I tried to understand it, but have difficulties stumble around." He was dangerous, in a sense that she was afraid to say more. Her identity ought to be kept a secret for numerous reasons. Her instincts told her that Chance was menacing and she should avoid seeing the hunter.

Yet, she refused to be the first to run off.

She knew she had to be as strong as a diamond if she'd liked to keep on what she planned to do. She couldn't be the person who fled. She was contradicting, once too simple to believe everyone, now a girl hiding too many secrets. I have to survive in this meaningless world, she would say; notwithstanding she was trying to break herself without breaking a promise.

Her soul was reckless and her body language slightly revealed ho unsettled she was if one paid attention.

kuuropii

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:03 pm
"Dolls don't talk like you do," said Chance agreeably. "You are who you are. If anything, I could possibly be seen as mannequin-like, if only because of my general lack of human emotions. I suppose that makes it easier for me, but less so for other people."

He smiled down at her, catlike and lazy.

"So I assume that means you come from a place where sleeping around casually is discouraged?" Chance asked.

meegane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:44 pm
Doll? Lack of human emotions? Why it sounds so familiar?

Blue eyes squinted for the memories the keywords brought and the dense black eyelashes cast shadows. "You look fine, though you don't seem to have strong emotions. Have you experienced things or events that bring you strong feelings?" Her voice was soft. "Like a burning flame inside you or got tossed into a freezing cold and dark ocean trench?" She raised a finger to point to where his heart should be.

It was fair when she asked a question, she got to answer one. That was the rule they set at the beginning and she didn't find a reason to violate it hitherto. "Yes - and no," The reply was perplexing until she explained, "Traditionally yes but not sure nowadays, at least I'll say the environment around me was like what you said."

kuuropii

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:33 pm
One shoulder rose and fell in a slight shrug.

"Not particularly," said Chance, scratching the side of his face absently. "I suppose if you count during sex, but I don't see that as having strong feelings, more just a lot of pleasure." He smiled beatifically down at her, still sitting on the ground. "I'm afraid I've never experienced that much pain or despair before."

Yet. Chance wasn't about to think about that.

"Seems like such a waste," he said. "I suppose that people have their own views, however; it's no use of mine trying to change that."

meegane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 am
There was a suspicious blush on her face, too obvious on her fair Asian skin, as he mentioned the pleasure from sex. "Are you teasing me?" She'd had a whim of pinching and pulling his euphoric pretty face.

"Let's say culture has a great deal with one's growing," she shrugged.

She then began to ask question again, back to their little game. "Chance," she called and paused, "Which of the following you think would induce greater agony? A: You want something so badly, you see someone owns it, but you know you'd never get yours or B: You've something very precious, you cherish it a lot a lot, but you lost it and can never get it back."

kuuropii
She's like: THIS internally gj Chance.

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 pm
He smiled at her.

"On the contrary," said Chance mildly. "I'm usually the type to just say what I think. If it makes you uncomfortable, I can refrain from talking about sex, but since you're clearly curious about it and kissing, I think that would be considered counterproductive."

He still couldn't quite figure her out. She was a mystery, confusion wrapped in a bottle.

Chance gave a hum of thought.

"Probably the latter, if I'm to be honest," he said, after a moment's consideration. "I don't really see the point of envy, most people have things I don't have, and I've learned to live with it. But I suppose the latter is more conducive to being troublesome."

meegane

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:12 pm
She made one step and he moved backward, it seemed like their distance never close up. She disliked dealing with people like Chance, they seemed genuine so as their words, but it felt fake sometimes. She threw the ball to him, and he tossed it back. She somehow felt like the man was using a stratagem of retreating in order to advance, or he meant what he said?

"That's why I dislike smart people," she hissed all of a sudden. A glare shot, softened quickly, "You don't need to. I hate to admit that, but I am not used to hear that sort of stuff," she looked away, "but it's fine." It was fine to her, really, since a long time ago.

His answer however made her eyebrow raised, "I don't just mean things you don't have, but things you desire. You miss the key point. Anyway, I agree with you, the latter would be more painful for me. Your choice of word - troublesome is interesting." Yet, her words didn't match with her expression, for a second, it was emotionless like a doll.

It lasted for a very short time, well before Chance could catch anyway. "Ok, I asked, your turn."

kuuropii
Do you want to end this? If you don't feel tagging anymore, I can end it.

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 am
Maybe Chance just liked playing with her. Her reactions were fairly amusing, after all.

"I'll take that as a compliment," he said mildly, unfazed by her angry glare and the following quieter expression. "I like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent person in some areas, though admittedly in others, I am woefully uninformed." He gave a soft sigh. "Alas, the woes of living."

Chance ran his fingers idly through his hair and tried to decipher the meaning of her question.

"I don't really have things I desire," he said, after a moment. "At least, not at present. And yes, word choice is quite important, remember that."

An easy smile flitted across his pale face.

"Which do you prefer," said Chance thoughtfully. "A life lived with passion or a life lived without? And that can be any type of passion, for the record."

meegane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:08 am
If irritating a feral cat was fun, then surely playing with her would be satisfying. She rolled her eyes, "as you like", she shrugged. "That's not a bad thing, at least you won't have a thought to kill yourself. Humans is a species of learning, they never stop learning, so you can learn from others you are with." said the girl like it's a matter of fact he should figure out easily.

Her blue eyes fixed on his curly soft dark hair before darted back to him. "If you didn't add that, I would judge you." Desire is basic human nature, if he said he wanted nothing, then he was probably lying. She hated liars, especially when they betrayed her after she gave all her trust.

She didn't promptly answer his question, she fiddled with her nails. "I hate being bored, so probably the former. With passion, I might keep myself busy until the moment I die......" Her eyes glazed over and her hands put on her lips, musing. "I don't enjoy being a walking dead I guess," she squinted her eyes and the blue seemed to be deepened, "What's the purpose of living soulless?" A rhetorical question that required no answer.

"Anyway, my turn. What are you relatively intelligent at?" If he wanted to play with words, she would take the challenge.

kuuropii

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:26 pm
If this girl was a feral cat, then Chance was a house cat, relaxed and lazy and easygoing in the sun. He arched his brows at her and said mildly, "I've never really had a thought to kill myself, I rather like living. I'd like to keep on living, if at all possible, for as long as I can."

His smile was Cheshire-like. "Judge me all you like," said Chance. "Most people do already, I've learned not to let it affect me so much."

Like the boys in his home that had called him slut or easy. Or his mother's boyfriends, all of them acting like he was some sort of idiot who didn't know what he was doing and didn't respect adults. It had stung at first, some of the insults spewed forth, but Chance had long since learned that it did no good to get defensive over it.

"I could tell you," he said, about the soulless comment. "but it's a little hard to explain."

He'd lived a long time without emotions, it was understandable that he could not fully explain them to this girl. Chance lifted a hand and idly scratched at his chin.

"Space," he said with a smile. "I like stars. And space."

meegane

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas