[PRP] Tis But A Scratch! (Arioso Canto & Riomie) [Closed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:30 pm
((A Private RP between my Arioso Canto and DarkenWoodWolf's Riomie.))

User Image

This Way to Latonias Teepee

User Image

This Way to Darkens Teepee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 pm
User Image
Arioso Canto stepped free of the river and stopped on the bank, planting his hooves before shaking himself from nose to tail. Water droplets scattered in all directions, glittering in the sunlight as they flew free of his golden coat and soft-white tail. He cracked one eye open and grinned as he watched the glimmering drops shoot here and there, straightening to his full height.

The day was going well, in Arioso's mind. He'd spent some time with his father in a healing lesson first thing this morning, then had gone for a good run (mostly within the family's regular wandering grounds and the territory they had claimed as their own). His father had said exercise would help him build his strength, and make him better at healing once he grew. So he ran with a sort of single-minded focus he had once lent to meandering, and then when he felt sufficiently winded he'd found himself a nice place to swim.

A good rest and deep drink had done wonders to replenish his reserves. And after a quick nap he'd even let himself take a quick, second swim. Now he was sufficiently refreshed and ready to take on the day, but he had no plans as to what he would actually do.

Standing in the sunlight beside the river, Arioso sighed to himself. "What I need is a bit of excitement... A test..."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm
Riomie refused to limp. REFUSED. Hear that, evil thorn bush! She was not going to limp because of the bloody red scratches on her leg. She just wasn't going to do it.

Even thought she really, really, really wanted to. They hurt, and not in the good way that she hurt after training or a good run, or practicing flying. They stung and pulled and she just wanted to limp her way home and cry to her mommy. But that wasn't very Valkyrie like, so she kept on, blood running down her foreleg, covering her white fur in a bloody mess, hiding her markings. She was very unhappy about this.

The sound of running water perked her up a little though. She'd be able to wash off and hopefully the water would take some of the sting out of the wounds. There were three of the them, high up on her left leg. Rio hadn't meant to land in the bush. She'd been aiming for the smooth grass next to the bush. It wasn't like getting all of her eight wings to work right was easy, after all, and she was pretty new at this. She wasn't even supposed to be really trying to fly yet, but how could she resist? The sky just look so inviting. Freedom at the flap of a wing. Er, wings.

Riomie headed toward the stream, head held proudly even though there was no one around to see her. How could she be worthy of sending souls to Valhalla when she was older if no one took her seriously. So, totally not limping, she made her way toward the bank and froze, mid-step. There was someone there!

A bright gold and purple foal with a horn that looked a little like her mothers. Rio looked him over quickly, folding her wings back into place. The glowing markings were interesting. She'd never really been around anyone else her own age, other than her brother, and he didn't count. This foal glowed like sunlight and shade. He was interesting, and at some other time she might actually be interested in meeting him. But not right now, not like this. She was a Valkyrie.

And she had to go and be injured at a time like this. Narrowing glowing red eyes at the distant bank, she continued her trek toward the water. Rio was a bit thirsty too, so this was a doubly good time to find a river. Even if there was someone there.

Her front paw left bloody little prints as she walked, standing erected as she could, into the water.

The moment the water touched her cuts, though, and flooded through the deep scratches, she yelped. "Ow!" Then glared at the water for making her do that in front of a stranger.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:13 pm
User Image
Standing splay-legged as he dripped dry, Arioso considered the dappling patterns of light and shadow cast by the trees overhead. He was frequently fascinated with such interactions, reminded of the dichotomy that existed between the two halves of the Clan. He had yet to encounter any of the darker half, though his father and grandparents assured them they were out there. Still, it was bewildering to think that there were relatives that hated them so. And for what? Why? That much he still did not understand. But his grandparents got tight-lipped when he asked, and he didn't want to upset them by bringing it up again.

With a sigh he turned and paced back to the river, lowering his head for another deep drink. That was enough of those thoughts, for now... Time to do... what? Something. He glanced at the patterns of light and shadow again, mulling over some of the lessons and stories his family had been teaching him. There were a few that the light and shadow reminded him of... What was the word? Me... Metaphorically?

"Something like that." He mumbled to himself, and then jumped at the sudden sound of someone yelping. Spinning around to face the other direction, the Sunset-colored colt realized he suddenly had company, a white-blue filly with wings was wading into the river. 'Well it's a good thing that wasn't a Skinwalker, or you'd be lunch!'

Well, mostly white-blue? There was quite a bit of red running down her leg. Blood. Jumping a bit, the colt couldn't help but blurt out his next thought. "You're hurt!"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:56 pm
Riomie stood tall, carefully folding all eight of her wings down, trying to regain some of her composure. The water really stung in the scratches on her leg. That was probably a good thing, meant that the water was washing away anything that was inside. The thought made her shudder. Something inside her that wasn't supposed to be there. It made her wonder if that is what it would feel like to die, only a hundred times more. Maybe a thousand. Humbling, that thought. In order to send souls to Valhalla, she would need to kill them. It almost seemed impossible right then, to take someone from living to dead.

But the promise of Valhalla was greater than this life. She knew that. But she would try to make sure anyone she passed on to the next life, she would do it with as little pain as possible. Of course, she'd have to figure out how to do that. Maybe talking to some of the other Valkyries would help, give her some advice, something. That meant, however, talking to other Valkyries. Rio would have to meet them soon enough, though, so she wasn't too worried. It wasn't like she'd met anyone worthy of Valhalla anyway.

Shaking her head, she waded a bit further into the water, letting the water wash away the red as she became more accustomed to the sting. It was fading, a bit.

Rio startled a little when the colt said something. She hadn't quite forgotten he was there, but since he hadn't said anything earlier, she had assumed he wouldn't speak with her. Looking at him with glowing red eyes, she considered what to say.

"Thank you for mentioning it." Rio started smoothly, turning to face him, determined not to limp or show any pain. "I wouldn't have noticed otherwise." Amused with herself, she smiled at him, showing her fangs. Rio wasn't really trying to intimidate him or anything, she just didn't like showing weakness in front of some stranger. Especially if he was just going to stand there and say obvious things. Now, if he would offer to help... maybe she would consider it. Maybe.

It took her a moment, movement halting and a bit uncertain, but she lifted her paw out of the water, looking at the cuts, watching the blood well up anew. It was going to be hard getting home with them. She didn't just want to leave a blood trail right to her family, one anyone could follow. The watery blood ran down her leg, dripping off her paw before she put it back into the water.

Maybe she could make a wrap or something out of... something. Frowning, she tossed her mane in agitation. This was so not how she wanted her day to go.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 pm
User Image

Legs splayed awkwardly from his spin, Arioso considered the filly in silence for a few moments, gleaming eyes darting around as he tried to take note of each detail. She was younger than he, but not by much; and as far as he could tell from where he stood, they were more or less of a similar height. Still, she had paws at the end of her pale white legs, and those were certainly different than his hard hooves. Then again, she also had wings... And not just two or four... But four pairs, shaded like snow in twilight, all white and soft gray and blue, darkening to purple.

Wings unlike any story his father had ever told him.

As she folded them away Arioso's eyes drifted on, and he noticed the strange dark markings on her legs. While he didn't know of them matching any specific clan, he would be sure to look for from now on. She was the first he'd ever seen with so many wings, thought not the first with paws. Still, the overall combination was, striking.

"Sorry." He murmured, flushing with embarrassment as he thought of how careless the words had been. "I meant, that is... Shouldn't you be finding help and not just splashing in the river? Granted, fresh water is good to clean wounds. And then if you have someone with paws or hands, wrapping it in clean herbs is good... Aloe, marshmallow, yarrow, or goldenrod are best... But there's no one like that here, and really if you can, you should get to a healer."

He huffed softly, inwardly wincing at how all the words had sort of tumbled out of him. He wasn't even sure of how much sense it all made, or if it would do anything other than make her think of him as an idiot. "You need a unicorn, if you don't know any herbalists that can help with that."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:00 pm
Riomie watched him, amused despite herself. Of course, she didn't let it show, other than a quick flash of a smile that vanished as swiftly as her blood in the water. The river wasn't particularly fast moving, and she knew she could swim to the other side if she deemed it necessary. Her mother had made sure that Elijah and herself had learned to swim. That had been an... adventure, to say the least. Shaking herself, wings shifting with a rustle, she brought her attention back to the foal who was addressing her.

The advice wasn't... bad, but he presented it in a way that had her smothering a laugh. She'd never been around anyone who'd been so nervous around her before. The worlds rolled over her until he stopped. Rio made no effort to stop him, letting him go on about what she 'should' be doing It was presumptuous of him to think that he knew what was right for her. He was barely older than she was! How would he know?

Rio took a step toward the bank without really thinking about it. The water was still deep enough that her cuts were covered, easing the sting. Her lip curled up at the last suggestion, though, ruby eyes narrowing slightly. Her mother was a unicorn, and it keep her from fulfilling her destiny as a Valkyrie. It had made her leave their herd, ashamed and fleeing until she had her children, until she'd had Rio who was a Valkyrie by blood and by disposition, who would not be swayed by anything so simple as blood.

"Why would I ever need a unicorn?" Rio twitched her tail back and forth, keeping the short strands out of the water with ease as she spoke, contempt flavoring her words. "For a few scratches?" Laughing, a rolling, musical sound, she fixed him with a condescending smile. "The next thing you'll tell me is that I need you."

Snorting, she turned her back on him, completely unconcerned. He was a unicorn, after all, what could he do to her?

"I think I'd rather take my chances with the water, stranger." She spoke loud enough that he could hear her, but still faced the other bank, watching the water swirl around in the center of the river. For a moment, she wondered what was causing the disturbance in the otherwise smooth river, but Rio put it from her mind. It probably didn't matter, anyway. "What could you do, anyway, except fuss over something so small? Useless." All this about a few little scratches? They would stop bleeding soon enough. Probably. She'd never had any that deep before, but they did have to stop eventually, right?

Rio flashed a moment, thinking of her mother, wondering if she could heal instead of kill, but she pushed it aside, firm in her belief, in her mother's belief, that being a unicorn was a horrible thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm
User Image
The words poured out of him in a flood, and though he figured it was probably ill-timed, Arioso couldn't quite think of how to stop them. He just knew that his Nana and Papa had taught him about stuff like this, about injuries and what to do and what not to do... And he said it, or at least part of it. Thank goodness he didn't say all of it, since she looked like she wanted to laugh out right or tear his face off. Maybe both. He wasn't exactly sure. The glowing red eyes didn't help, he couldn't even begin to read the expression in them.

But she was hurt and that made him worry, even if there was a chance she was mean and those paws meant for sure she was a little scary. But weren't all girls a bit scary? Even Nana Whistle was scary when she was mad, which wasn't often, but when it happened Papa and even GrandDa ran for cover. Because females were like that, GrandDa had said, and then given him a fond nuzzle. 'Whatever that meant.'

He watched her lips curl and her eyes narrow and flattened his ears, head lifting even as he sank faintly back on his hindquarters. With his weight on his rear feet he could spin in an instant, and lose himself in the woods probably before she could clear the bank. Probably. If it came to that, which he hoped it didn't.

"To heal you." He answered the question with soft certainty, no hint of attitude to the tone though something like 'obviously' kept rattling around in his brain. "Since you don't have the herbs and you don't have an herbalist and you don't have a familiar with clever hands to help you bind those wounds, you should find yourself a unicorn. That's what I'm saying. Unless you want those to get infected and them to have to cut your leg off... Or you'll just limp for the rest of your life... Maybe you could even bleed out? Who knows?"

'Huh, maybe Papa was on to something when he talked about those having paws being scary... and mean. Lady Djose's not like that, but this one...'

"The next thing you'll tell me is that I need you."

He gave her the look she deserved for the tone in her voice when she spoke to him, narrowing his eyes and pinning one ear. His Papa raised him better than to be mean to Ladies, or girls, though this one was pushing it. He almost wanted to tell her exactly what he thought of that little statement.

"I certainly hope you don't need me." He muttered, tart and a bit miffed. "Since you just went an insulted me, I'm not much in the mood for healing in the moment. Guess we better hope you learn how to run on three legs, huh? It'd be a bit hard to be scary then, though at least you can fly everywhere."

There was a contemplative tilt of his head, as though he were imagining the picture. Just to send his point home, he gave a soft tsk and a faint shake of his head. No, not a pretty image, that. Funny, really. He wondered how she'd react it he actually laughed. On top of that, Arioso knew from growing up with Kalira that foals could rarely fly, much less well. Likely it would be a bit before she'd get off the ground, so he treated her to a smile as he considered her wings. "You can fly, of course?"

He asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and then watched her turn her back on him with a faint snort, shaking his head. She didn't seem inclined to rush him, so he relaxed but backed away from the water as though he was losing interest. "I could have healed you, of course... Stopped the bleeding and sealed up those cuts. Maybe even gotten you set so you didn't scar, and your coat would grow in quick... Guess we don't know now, eh? You're certainly not one to let a Unicorn help you, obviously. Never mind that we're the best healers there are, you obviously know everything."

Turning his back on her as well, he pointed his nose toward the forest and gave another shrug. "Good luck with the leg... Good thing is, if you forage rather than hunt, you won't have to worry about the grass out running you. Then again, if you don't...."

He let the words trail off in a chuckle, imagining a three-legged filly chasing a giggling rabbit. Yep, that was about the size of things.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:34 am
Riomie shifted in the water, letting the cuts sting as more blood entered the stream. She frowned down at the red running away from her, diffusing into the water until it couldn't be seen anymore. But still there, her life running out slowly through the cuts on her leg.

Her ears twitched forward at the 'to heal you'. She thought that was just a myth her moth told, because her mother couldn't heal to say the least. Maybe Unicorns could heal, but a foal? How could he heal better than she could fly? That rueful reminder made her wine a little. She couldn't fly, not yet, and she needed to be healthy to do her job. She couldn't be a proper Valkyrie with just three legs!

Rio remained silent through the rest of his tirade. It was true she had insulted him, but did he have to be so... mean about it? Her insult was something easily forgotten, his... his made her afraid. She didn't want to loose her leg, most certianly, and she knew of no other unicorn... anywhere. She was sure there had to be others, but she knew of none.

"I may come off as mean, or proud...." She started, looking back over her shoulder. It had been something she'd been told before and probably would be again. "But at least I am not cruel." Her voice hitched a little at the thought of loosing her leg, or even her life, to these little scratches, but she would't cry. She was a Valkyrie. A proud warrior of Valhalla! How could she be that if a few little scratches were going to do her in.

And her pride was never so strong that she couldn't admit she was wrong, or say she was sorry.

"I'm sorry if I insulted you. My interactions with Unicorns has not left a favorable impression." She did mean it. Even though she'd only interacted with her mother, she made Rio think being part Unicorn was a horrible thing. Rio ground her teeth together. "If the scratches are as serious as you say... will you help me with them? Or, if you find that distasteful, direct me to someone who can?" She walked slowly toward the river bank. "Unless the idea of me loosing my leg amuses you so, oh great healer." She snorted, eyes narrowing because he was still laughing. "Because I thought you were supposed to want to heal others, not watch them suffer. I have an important job to do, and cannot do it if I cannot walk properly." Or run, or kill, but she didn't need to say that outloud. Rio wasn't sure the colt would understand her calling.

Rio bowed her head, letting her wings drag a bit in the water. "So I ask, please, help me." She would stop short of begging, her pride would never let her do that. But asking? Asking she could do. It only stung a little to have to ask someone so cruel to help her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:47 pm
User Image
In spite of the free-flowing water, Arioso could still smell the strange filly's blood. Internally, he worried she really had hurt herself badly enough that she might walk with a limp because of her stupid pride. On the other hoof, she had been mean so perhaps he shouldn't... But then he'd been mean right back and that was bad enough, really.

'And a healer is a healer, no matter what..' He thought with a sigh. 'Even if someone was mean, if they're hurt, you really should do your best to help them...'

He glanced back at the sound of her voice, actually surprised she'd remained, let alone deigned to talk to a Unicorn again. What was even more surprising was her, sort of apology? An explanation, at least, and it somewhat sounded like a request that he excuse her words. Then again, she was calling him cruel now, so maybe not.

"I'm not cruel." He argued, turning around to face her squarely. "If you don't want to let a unicorn help you, fine, I won't. But I don't have to let you insult me. Just because I'm a unicorn doesn't mean I'm nothing, that I'm lesser. That's why I said what I said... "

He trailed off with a sigh, shaking his head. "Which I shouldn't have, but you hurt my feelings. I shouldn't have reacted like that, and I'm... I'm sorry I said those things. If you haven't met any decent unicorns, I probably didn't help by acting like that..."

Since she was asking for help, Arioso drifted back to the edge of the stream and craned his head a bit to get a better look at the marks. "I will help you, I would have done so the first time if you hadn't been so mighty about it... And I will still if you'll stop with the sarcastic comments. My name's Arioso and I'm not a 'great healer', but I'm a pretty darn good one. And even if I couldn't fix it all up, my Da could, if you'd be nice enough for me to take ya to him. Or we can just stand here and trade insults until you walk silly for the rest of your life."

He gave her a challenging look and then jerked his head to the side. "Walk on over here, Lady SharpTongue, and let me see your wounds. The sooner you stop insulting me the sooner you can stop suffering, and maybe you'll stop thinking so ill of me as all that."

After a moment or two of silence, he added in a gentler tone. "I'll save the leg, and your stride too. You won't even have a limp, or a scar... And if you hurry it up a bit you can even stomp off afterwards and no one will even know you let a Unicorn help you. I'll never breathe a word of it. Alright?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:12 pm
Riomie considered him for a long moment. Maybe he wasn't cruel, but just behaving in a manner seemingly cruel because of their interaction. It was probably pure childishness. On both their parts.

"My only interactions with Unicorns have been, well, with my mother, who is in part,unicorn." Rio shrugged, seeing no problem admitting this. She had unicorn in her blood too, although it was very diluted. Healing was not in her bag of tricks, but it did not need to be, either. She was supposed to send those worthy onto Valhalla, not keep them here on this plane. "And the unicorn blood that ran in her veins is what kept her from fulfilling her duties as a Valkryie, why she left the herd. But it is wrong of me to judge others based solely upon her. I can't imagine that there are many herds out there with a purpose such as ours."

She smirked at the title he gave her and moved gingerly over toward him, trying not to limp, but worried by not allowing for the damage, she would cause more damage. So, shoving her pride down, she limped a bit. At least he wasn't too far from her so she didn't have to walk far.

"If you help me, I will not 'stomp off' and forget it, Arioso." Rio was actually insulted that he thought she would someone who would put aside first impressions and help someone who insulted them. It was the first sign of possibly being worthy that she had seen in... anyone, so far. Not that she had met many others, given she was only a foal and it could be difficult for her to judge such things, some times. But she thought this Arioso might have want it takes to reach Valhalla. Someday, maybe, if he grew up well.

"If you can heal me, I will not forget the kindness and hopefully, one day, I can return it." She gingerly lifted her leg so that he could have a better look at the scratches, which were starting to sting now that she was completely out of the water. "You can tell who you like, what you like. But..." She paused for a moment, ducking her head a bit. "I appreciate your willingness to be discrete. It is very kind of you."

Tilting her head into as much of a bow as she could while standing on three legs, she smiled. "I am Riomie, a Valkyrie, and I hurt myself while trying to fly. Thank you for your offer of assistance." She said, as though speaking to him for the first time, moving all of her wings to show just how difficult it was to try to make them all move correctly while airborne. "That is how I should have greeted you, and I am sorry I did not."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:04 pm
User Image
Arioso shifted restlessly, considering the filly as she gazed back at him. They were currently at a bit of a stalemate, her acting rude and hostile and him responding with rudeness and a childish temper. He ducked his head faintly, squaring his stance as he waited to hear her response.

"Well, I would think that your mother would be a positive sort of influence... Or at least, that's how I understand most people's experiences to be." He murmured, flicking his white tail. "My mother is a wind, and she and I have never been close... I have a better raport with my father's family. Still, I've never heard of being a unicorn stopping you from your destiny or your goal... I'm sorry that her issues with who and what she is has negatively impacted her role in her herd, and therefore colored your views."

Wondering at the purpose she mentioned, he tilted his head in question. Still, the fact that she was making her way out of the river and toward the bank where he stood soon distracted him from such wonderings. The limp wasn't bad, hopefully the cool water had helped with the pain and he could take care of the rest.

"If you do or do not, it's your choice." He shrugged slightly. "I'm just saying, if you hate us all that much you're welcome to it. It'd be your choice, and for all I think it'd be a mistake. You'd still be welcome to your own decisions. My father says we find the path we're meant to, so long as we don't get in our own way. Sometimes it just takes a little longer."

The golden colt gave a grin, the soft teal light of his horn brightening. "I can certainly heal you, and I don't expect or require anything in return. But, if one day you do find cause to repay me, then I'll be happy for your assistance. You seem like a good friend to have in a tight spot. As for the telling, I'm not the sort to brag... Well, maybe about meeting a lady warrior in the river, but probably not the rest of it."

His ears swiveled forward, eyes widening at the proper introduction. A Valkyrie? He'd not learned much about them, perhaps a few words about lady warriors... But that was just in passing, mixed in with some of the other stories he'd heard. Not enough to have a clue, which proved somewhat annoying when faced with one of them. Then again, maybe he'd manage to learn the truth from a direct source, that wouldn't be all bad.

"Well met, Riomie of the Valkyries. My name is Arioso Canto, and I am a Faythren and a Healer. I'm sorry to hear you've hurt yourself while flying, but I'll be happy to heal you. As for the greetings, neither of us did them justice. Still, I am happy to make your acquaintance a second time."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:24 am

Riomie tilted her head at the thought, trying to figure out what he menat by that. Her mother was not a negative influence, so to speak, it was just that her mother had suffered in a way because she was part Unicorn. It was always just something that Rio regarded as more of a curse than a blessing, though, perhaps, if she tried really hard she could see why a unicorn without the calling of a Valkryie would be... useful? Was that the word she was looking for? Healing others. when you were not tasked with killing them might be nice, for them. Rio shook head head slightly, letting her mind catch up to the conversation and remembering that she was supposed to reply.

"It seems we cannot judge our experiences by the measure of others. My mother and I do get along, but it was always hard for her. I still don't really understand most of it. I am sorry that you do not have the relationship you wish with your mother." Rio was unsure what else to say about that. She could wish him a better relationship with her, for them to become closer, but if it were to happen, then it would without her speaking of it. She did not wish for cause more pain by saying something out of turn. "It is good that you have good relations with your father's side."

Rio shrugged off his apology, wavering in her decision not to tell him about what a Valkyrie really does. She didn't imaine that it would go over well, him being a healer and her supposed to be a killer. At least, in the eyes of those who did not believe in Valhalla.

"Your father sounds intelligent, for that is my belief as well. If we are meant to walk a path, then we will walk it whether or not we fight it or go alongg. We will always find our way, in the end." Rio agreened with the assessment,glowing eyes flashing upward when the unicorn's horn started to brighten. Now, that was interesting. Rio knew her eyes glowed, but they stayed consistent, only dimming when she shut her eyes. She though. Blinking, she wondered if the thin skin sheilding her eyes actually stopped the glow, or even deminished it, or if no matter whether her eyes were open or closed, did the glow remain?

Lips quirking up in responce to his grin, she nodded. "Very well. We shall see what the future holds, though... I do not know of what assistance I would be able to offer." Blinking again, she let the thought roll around in her head. "Friend. Hm. I have not had one before."

Letting her small smile grow into something that showed her teeth in a mock threatening way, she laughed. "Yes, if your tight spots requre the aid of a warrior, then I would be a good 'friend' to have." The word didn't sit right, she would have to think on it for a while. As she had said, she had never had a friend before. Rio spent most of her time alone and searching for the elusive Soquili who would be worthy of her gift.

She smiled properly, though, at the unicorns introduction. "I apprecaite the assistance, Arioso Canto. More than you know, if your dire predictions of what might happen are true."

Riomie made the decision to tell him, rather than keep it too herself, because he would wonder and maybe ask others, and she knew that no one but a Valkyrie could explain it properly.

"As to my purpose, and why my mother could not fulfill hers, it is fairly simple. We, the Valkyries, are charged with finding and taking worthy souls to Valhalla. But, in order to do that, the worth soul must die by direct contact with our teeth, claws, hooves, whatever. So, you see how being even a partial healer might make that difficult to deprive someone of life on this plane, even if they are bound for a greater exsistance in Valhalla." She paused, to let him digest that information, before continuing. "That is our duty, that is my duty, though I have not sent any souls before me to Valhalla."

Riomie stood talk, after this little explanation of. hers. She would understand if he chose not to heal her because his beliefs differed from her own. But she hoped her would understand and maybe then she could consider him a true friend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:24 pm
User Image
Arioso could almost see the wheels spinning, the echos of thoughts flashing behind bright red eyes. The filly was listening to what he had said, though whether she believed or put any stock in it was another thing entirely. Then again, it maybe something that would take her some time to determine, and maybe they'd speak of it again one day to figure out what had changed.

That was a fair assessment, and not at all the one he'd been expecting. Strangely enough, she even seemed to mean well. Arioso gave a shrug, flicking his tail. 'Well, this will be an interesting conversation indeed, it seems.'

"I don't wish for any relationship with my mother." He admitted softly, eyes eyes pale and fixed on the trees for the moment. "She is different, she's not like us... And for awhile she walked among us, but and now that time has passed. There's no point in pondering what might have been, or wishing for it. My sires kin are company enough."

Her comments about his father made him laugh, grinning. She and Da probably would get on well, for Kelakohr was comfortable being a healer and a warrior. He believed in fighting for a cause, and if necessary, killing for one. But such things were better left unsaid during a first meeting, or so Arioso imagined.

"Yes, Fate has a way for all of us. I imagine railing against it only means we arrived to where we were intended to be exhausted and in worst shape than if we had followed willingly." Arioso gave a shrug. "As for assistance, I wouldn't dare speculate about what a Lady can or cannot do... I think in most cases, the can covers 'anything', and believing in the 'cannot' is an exercise in foolishness. But a friend is always welcome, regardless of what assistance may or may not be rendered."

Arioso tilted his head slightly, absorbing the information regarding the Valkyrie and their sacred charge. It seemed, heavy, to be a tool of Destiny for a purpose such as that. But she wore it well, with grace, though it like she was young. Arioso imagined that with time she would grow well into the mantle so described, better than it sounds as though her mother had done.

'Could you do such a thing?' He wondered. 'Kill those that were found to be worthy?'

"Well, I imagine that does indeed make life difficult for a unicorn." Arioso admitted with a nod. "It must be troublesome to have parts of you rail against that which is your purpose. I wish your mother well, but perhaps seeing the courage her daughter has will give her the strength to do what is needed."

Gliding forward with the glow of his eyes and horn brightening, Arioso smiled and bowed his head. "Now then, Lady Warrior, shall we see to your injury?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces