Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:43 pm
...I'll be on stage presenting in front of 100 live audience members + the world wide web at the TEDx conference! eek

I'm both excited and terrified. Mostly excited, but the pre-presentation adrenaline can't be helped. Is it sad that I'm more concerned about fiddling around with the clicker for my visual aid slides than I am about forgetting the actual content? LOL xd

I have to do a dress rehearsal tomorrow evening; that'll give me a good feel for what I need to do on the actual event night. I'll be practicing my butt off tomorrow afternoon beforehand, that's for sure!

For everyone that wanted the Livestream link to watch during the event, it can be found here. It starts at 7PM EST on Wednesday, and I don't yet know the order of our speeches. I know that mine won't be the absolute first one (university president gets to go first), but aside from that, mine could literally be at any time...

o_e *Twitches in anticipation.*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm
Best of luck Hiddochi! emotion_hug  

Jackalope2
Crew

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:47 pm
Exciting, exciting! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:42 am
*squeals in anticipation* cat_blaugh  

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am
Good luck Hiddo! I'm in the hospital and my connection is not good enough to watch but I know you'll do great!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm
Woohoo! That's not long at all. But I'm pretty confident you're gonna knock it outta the park. smile

Edit: Oh, and of course, Qapla'!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 pm
Hiddochi wolf

How'd it go deary? ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:53 am
Jackalope2
Hiddochi wolf

How'd it go deary? ^^
It went pretty darn well! biggrin

I was really nervous, though, because the dress rehearsal went rough for me. That was the first time in my life that I had ever been on a stage, and I underestimated the power of stage fright. During the rehearsal, I completely blanked out several times, standing there awkwardly as I was like "...I forgot. How did I forget this? I KNOW this speech..." But a few of the other more experienced speakers took me under their wings and gave me tips and encouragement, and when it came to the actual talk, I followed their advice...and did great!

There were actually a couple of times during the presentation that I forgot what came next, but my friends and family and classmates in the audience said they didn't even notice because I just kept moving forward and still managed to make a completely coherent speech. Man, the feeling I got as I was saying the very last sentence was amazing... I was just flooded by this sense of "I did it. I really did it."

And I gotta say, I looked pretty snazzy in my suit. wink Haha
User Image  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:34 am
Iron Woman!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:45 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Jackalope2
Hiddochi wolf

How'd it go deary? ^^
It went pretty darn well! biggrin

I was really nervous, though, because the dress rehearsal went rough for me. That was the first time in my life that I had ever been on a stage, and I underestimated the power of stage fright. During the rehearsal, I completely blanked out several times, standing there awkwardly as I was like "...I forgot. How did I forget this? I KNOW this speech..." But a few of the other more experienced speakers took me under their wings and gave me tips and encouragement, and when it came to the actual talk, I followed their advice...and did great!

There were actually a couple of times during the presentation that I forgot what came next, but my friends and family and classmates in the audience said they didn't even notice because I just kept moving forward and still managed to make a completely coherent speech. Man, the feeling I got as I was saying the very last sentence was amazing... I was just flooded by this sense of "I did it. I really did it."

And I gotta say, I looked pretty snazzy in my suit. wink Haha
User Image

Good job! biggrin  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

beaulolais

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:34 am