Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm
The thick of the plains rolled out before her, vast even beyond her vision. Poking her glasses back up onto her nose, Nahori let out a soft sigh. Truth be told, for as much as she enjoyed trips into the city, she'd felt a little droopy since waking up that evening. The idea of entangling herself with the boisterous, bubbling crowds was, for once, more intimidating than fascinating. Even still, part of her wondered if she'd meet Trusci in the market again. A long shot, maybe, but it would make the entire night worth it.

Slumping down onto Guineamom's back, feeling the roll of the animal's shoulders, she closed her tired eyes. It would only be for a moment, she promised herself as her glasses dug into her face. It wasn't good to fall asleep outside of the recuperacoon, that's what mother always told her whenever she was caught half-dozing with a broom in hand, standing in the unswept hallway. Everything felt so heavy, though, and her lusus seemed focused on the trek to the city rather than the troll on her back, so surely she wouldn't notice...

She didn't, Nahori was grateful. When she finally snorted back into wakefulness the city was much taller, looming in the distance. They were almost there now, but not quite; the countryside was still prevalent, so there was enough time to pull herself together before the inevitable shift into overdrive.

"Ma'am, c-can I get down, please?" Stretching her legs would do her some good, she thought. Guineamom considered her request only a moment, there was that pitiful stutter again, but she let it be and stopped so Nahori could slide down. It was a long way, but she was used to it, only wobbling on sleep-weak legs, but not falling. The ground felt springy under her feet, the distance to New Hemisect even further now that she was walking it on her own.

A strange feeling, but not a bad one. She was momentarily at peace.

Gl!tch~

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:26 pm
"LOOKIT all this SPACE, Mum! It looks like it goes on bloody FOREVER!" Reemus crowed as he climbed over a ranch-like fence. This was his first time in the plains proper, and was it exciting. "It's like the DESERT but none of the bloody sand!" He stumbled and fell onto the grass. "WHOOMP! ...Oh. It's...so...soft..." Then the puppy kid started rolling around in it. "Mum, this is amaaaaaaziiiiing!" he called as he rolled away.

Gillian barked and trotted after him. She, too, occasionally stopped, sniffed, and rolled in the grass. Though she was much interested in digging at the dirt. While she was doing that, Reemus came to a stop and hopped back up.

"I can see the big ol' city! It looks so small...but I can see it!" He started running towards it. The muttardblood didn't expect to jog all the way there, no, but he went a good distance before he started panting. As he looked around, laughing, he noticed a white blob in the distance one way...and in the other, a collection of white blobs past another fence.

He steered himself towards the lone blob, though. Because there seemed to be a troll with it! A lusus and its charge! Once he was a lot closer, he had to stop. The kid was momentarily tuckered out. "G'day, there, mate!" he said as he doubled over to catch his breath. "Are you...out...fer a walk...too?"

saedusk
Have no fear PUPPY IS HERE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:57 pm
The path they took to and from the city wasn't exactly unfamiliar territory, but that didn't mean both Nahori and her lusus weren't on high alert anyway. No matter the number of farms, the soft murmur of livestock, the plains were still wide open and could easily play host to the unexpected. Case in point, they'd only started walking again when the orangeblood felt the need to scan the area, a cursory glance at least, and happened to spot something gaining ground on them far too quickly.

A tiny gasp later, she was trying to step backwards, trying to alert her mother of the approach, but instead she tripped over her own feet. Luckily, Guineamom acted as a cushion, unknowingly catching the child against her smooth fur, saving her from falling completely backwards.

"S-Something's coming..." There was barely enough time for the large lusus to turn in response to the warning before the other troll was upon them. Whoever it was, he was surprisingly fast for his size. A yellowblood, the lusus observed, winded and undeniably wild in appearance. There was a cautious concern in her, as there was with many things, but Guineamom wouldn't turn them away from a blood even just one step higher than theirs, not after he'd already spoken. At least the tone of his voice seemed kind.

"Um, h-hello," Nahori responded as her guardian mulled. "Are you o-okay?" How long had he been running, she wondered? But ah, it really wasn't her place to think of prying. After all, he'd asked her a question first. Hopefully mother, and this yellowblood himself, wouldn't think her too rude for taking a moment to answer. "No, I... I mean I guess maybe... W-We're going to the city to shop." Very rarely did her lusus take her on any walks without purpose.

Gl!tch~
pls take her on an adventure to FUN

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:00 am
"I'm doin' GREAT, mate, thanks fer askin'!" He didn't seem to catch her concern. As he caught his breath, Reemus stood back up and stretched his back a bit. Then he halted as Nahori mentioned the city. "So many blokes 're in the city! Crikey! I mean. People I met. Guess that's what makes it a city, huh." he added with a contemplative scratch to the back of his head. "Neat-o! What's it like! Is it busy? Are there a lotta highbloods? I heard there's oodles 'f 'em! That's why Chittentown is what it is. Yer so brave for goin' in a place full a' those guys! Just thinkin' about bein' around anyone teal or higher gives me the shakes!" He did seem excited and in awe of her, though. And just excited to be talking to someone in general.

Gillian, meanwhile, got bored with her dirt hole and came over to see what was going on. She eyed Nahori and her lusus. Blood color alone meant she probably wouldn't be a threat; everyone else Reemus had met who were yellowblooded and below had been benign. With that train of though settled, she shook the dirt off of her fur.

"MUM!" Reemus was of course the one to get sprayed.

saedusk
Eventually he'll drag her to check out the cows. Eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:11 pm
Ah, he certainly did seem okay for a quickly as he caught his breath. Friendly, too, and that was already setting Nahori at some ease, even if his obvious energy still had her a little riled.

"T-there are... there are so many trolls." Eyes grew wide behind thin frames as if she were recalling each and every face she'd ever seen in one fell swoop. "Many highbloods, b-but I do think that um... it's kind of... well, n-not completely even, actually. Uh... I've seen more lowbloods l-like us." There was a bit of a pause as she pressed her hands together, realizing she was rambling. This often happened, she had such a hard time getting straight to the point and it was rather embarrassing. Ah, she could only hope his unexpected compliment (oh no, her heart was skipping) was an invitation to continue.

"I'm not that brave," the statement was quiet, easily missable, but she was able to reign in her unfortunate stutter just long enough to get it out. That felt good. A little bit. "I usually um... just h-hide behind my lusus. She's big... and easy to hide behind. But I... I like to um, I-I bet it sounds weird, I like to watch trolls..." A pang shot through her gut at admitting she was a troll-watcher. For some reason, it felt silly and childish and maybe a smidgen stalkerish. Would he think she was strange?

Hands toyed with each other even more, glued together until her new company's guardian saw fit to interrupt her internal struggling by simple existence alone. She shrunk back, only slightly, but even more so when the mud went flying. By some grace she was spared. Reemus was not so lucky. Only now did her hands blunder apart to dig around in her top for her handkerchief. Before she could even stop herself, that very same hand was halfway to the yellowblood's cheek and a stray smear of dirt that had found its way there. Then the hesitation hit hard.

"I-I-I'm sorry I..." She hadn't meant to reach out and nearly touch him without permission. Oh, how much trouble she'd get in for that, she thought. What if he'd been disgusted by her touch? The frozen hand wavered where it remained.

Gl!tch~

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm
The more Nahori spoke, wringing her hands and stuttering and just in general being so reserved, the more Reemus started to feel sad. What was she so afraid of? They were both lowbloods. She didn't have to worry so much. "It's nice t' know there's plenty a' trolls like us! Crikey, that's cool. Maybe I'll get the nerve to visit sometime after all..."

As he shook himself off, the orangeblood came at his face, then stopped herself. And shut down. It took Reemus a moment to realize she might be...trying to clean him?

He smiled in slight confusion, and a little bit of pity. "Nothin' to apologize for, mate. You were just tryin' to help, right? Thanks!" He had never met anyone so delicate. Woofmum boofed, and he wrangled her muzzle with one hand. "Yeah, missy, yer gonna get my new friend all messy n' she's wearin' nice clothes n' everythin'! Sorry about that," he said with a sheepish grin to Nahori. "So ya like to watch trolls? Interestin'! I dunno if I could sit still for that long. Ever see anythin'?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:50 pm
After what felt to Nahori like an awkward eternity, she was finally able to retract her hand. While she couldn't bring herself to touch him after all, it was a relief, if nothing else, that he appeared to understand her intent and wasn't repulsed by it. Ah, she felt the weight on her chest lighten slightly as she played with the handkerchief between her fingertips.

"I-It's no problem," she bubbled out at his apology, still not quite used to others considering her worth the thought for one. "Nothing got on m-me, but... it would wash out anyw-way."

There was a bump at her back, enough to startle a squeal out of her, and her head shot around to see Guineamom giving her that scolding sort of look. Ah, okay, she got it. Tucking away her handkerchief, Nahori forced her hands down to her sides. All that nervous fiddling, her lusus hated it so.

Stay steady, continue the conversation, it's okay... she tumbled that mantra over and over in her think pan.

"Oh, a-always. Never a dull moment..." Not that she was usually involved in the excitement. The orangeblood had always been an observer from the sidelines, not a participator. Though wait, she realized, not always. For a second she considered telling him about Trusci, about how she'd been tangled up in that girl's schemes more than once, but she didn't. Guineamom was watching and her courage was simply too flimsy.

No, she didn't outright tell him, at least not with specifics. But... "A friend of mine s-she... she's showed me a lot of interesting things." Her voice lowered some. "A-And we actually d-did stuff instead of just watching stuff." There was the tiniest hint of a sparkle in her eye as she recalled those memories. "I-I wish I could do more sometimes..."

Gl!tch~

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:30 pm
It would wash out anyway. "That's the spirit!" Reemus enthused. This girl was so shy, he felt compelled to make up for it. Maybe get her out of her shell some. The puppy listened as Nahori talked a little about her adventure. He cocked his head with interest. "What kinda stuff did ya do, mate? N' what do you wanna do?"

Maybe, he realized with dawning excitement, he could help her have some real fun. Maybe even more fun than what her other friend had pulled off! Surely she'd be pretty open to some good times?

Gillian, meanwhile, squinted at the exchange between the orangeblood and her lusus. She may be a howlbeast, but she did notice things. Lusii were the caretakers, the role models for their children. And the Woofmum did not get a good vibe from how the other creature made her troll so rigid. No wonder the little girl seemed to lack personality what with how she rarely moved and didn't do anything with gusto.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 pm
Oh no, there it was... the question she should've seen coming, but she'd been so wrapped up in the idea of proving she wasn't a total stick in the mud that she'd neglected to think of it. There was no way she could outright spill the beans about her adventures with her mother around. If Guineamom found out she'd stopped her friend from messing with a highblood, she might bar her from seeing her again, because anyone who messed with highbloods was a bad influence. If she found out they'd stolen cookies together, the same would happen, on top of a rather unfortunate scolding. Either option was a poor one.

"I-I uh... I can tell you later m-maybe..." she tossed a quick glance at her lusus. Please let him understand and not press. "But, um, well... I'm not really sure what there is to do out here. It's mostly farms a-and..." With a little glance around, she continued. "Open space."

Nahori certainly couldn't run like the yellowblood, she had no stamina to, though she'd be willing to try. Or well, maybe he had some insight. "W-What would you want to do, um-" Eyes widened as a realization dawned on her that she'd never thought to ask his name. Oh, she hadn't meant to be so rude. "I'm sorry, I... could I have your n-name? Mine's Nahori..."

Behind her, a tiny rumble sounded from Guineamom's throat. The large, potato-shaped lusus had noticed the eyes on her and tilted her head at Gillian. It mattered little to her what others might think of her parenting skills, not that she had any idea she was being judged so, but in the presence of a higherblood guardian, she tried to be almost as pleasant as her charge.

Gl!tch~

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 pm
Reemus thought it odd that the orangeblood didn't feel open around her lusus, but if she didn't want to share, that was okay! "Hi, Nahori, I'm Reemus!" he said at her awkward prompting. "Nothin' to be sorry about! Sometimes people are just too wrapped up chattin' to remember names," he affirmed. Then, surveying the area. "There's lots t' do I think. Jumpin' fences, sniffin' moobeasts, diggin' like Mum was doin', runnin' n' rollin' around... The grass is really soft! I like it."

Gillian meanwhile yawned.

saedusk
Sorry for the short response :'>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:22 pm
"R-Reemus, okay." There was a slight nod as she tucked that information away. It was true the yellowblood had been nothing but friendly and their conversation, Nahori admitted to herself, had sucked her in quite well. Still, she liked knowing names, it made her feel connected on a level just a smidgen above stranger. It was comforting to the skittish troll with the tired eyes.

Considering his suggestions for their doing, she tilted her head, brows knitting slightly. Of all the things he mentioned, 'sniffin' moobeasts' certainly stood out to her the most as something she'd never, ever heard of. "Sniffin'? Is that like, um, playing? Can you play with them?" Ah, her curiosity was peaked and it became obvious she was growing more comfortable with him by the second. The usual stutter that accompanied near everything she said began to subside.

Nahori had never played with moobeasts, or even gotten close to them honestly, mother always kept them on a tight beeline for the city. They did have cute, soft looking faces, though, especially the spottied ones. "That might be nice."

Gl!tch~
as long as I've got something to reply to length doesn't matter to me it's all good <3

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm
"Sniffin's sniffin', mate," Reemus said with a shrug. "Sometimes ya just gotta poke yer nose at things!" He nodded with all the self-assurance in the world. Sure, he'd gotten bitten at a few times, but it was a learning experience. "But, yeah, I think you can play with 'em. You c'n push 'em n' pull their tails n' touch their faces if ya reeeeally wanna." He paused. "Might kick if ya go too far though. But they prob'ly like bein' pet. Most things like that. Yeah! Let's go pets some moobeasts!" He clapped a little at the decision.

If Nahori wanted to do something like that, he was all for it. He grabbed her hand and started pulling towards the pastures, already picking up speed in his new excitement. "C'mon, 'Ori!" If it seemed nice, he was gonna make it nice! Yeah!

saedusk
Time to casually powerplay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:25 am
Hands snuck up to her face, delicately tapping between her eyes. Sometimes you have to poke your nose into things, he'd said, not that she really understood it. Sure, she'd seen Guineamom sniffing, she had a big nose for that, but Nahori had never tried, never knew there was a reason to. All throughout Reemus's explanation about petting moobeasts, one she probably should've been paying more attention to, she was touching at her face like a confused child.

Which isn't to say she missed all of it, she heard something about pushing and pulling and faces. Ah, she wanted to touch their soft looking faces. A tiny smile almost broke the surface, but not quite. Instead, Reemus clapped suddenly, and Nahori's eyes shot wide in surprise.

"O-Oh, um, yes..." Not sure exactly what she was agreeing to, but it had something to do with moobeasts, right? If she thought to ask, it was too late. In a blink he had her by the hand and she was stiff as a board, nearly tripping more than once before settling into an awkward run at his side.

A comment about just how fast he was held on her tongue along side one about the nickname he'd chosen (she was actually quite fond of nicknames already); it took more concentration to keep moving with him than she could spare on speaking. At least until the moobeast came into view. And even though the wind was smacking at her face and her chest was already heaving with effort, she pointed and called out, "T-There they are! R-Reemus..! Look at t-that one! Can we?" It had its head tilted back in a long, drawn out moo.

Far behind them, a startled Guineamom was shuffling from claw to claw.

Gl!tch~
yes good FOR FUN

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:41 pm
So far, while dashing about, he hadn't lost her. A good start! The orangeblood didn't say much as they ran towards the lumbering animals. At first Reemus chose to believe she was just too hyped to speak, much like he was.

Woofmum ran after them, barking all the way. Time to harass some livestock!

In the corner of his eye, Reemus noticed Nahori lift an arm before pointing out one of the moobeasts. He smiled. "Yeh! That sure is a moobeast, mate! Let's get 'er!" He ran around to the fence in an arc, and only let go to jump at the barrier between the kid trolls and the bovines. Reemus started scrambling up it, making little headway until his lusus came by and boosted him via her nose under his butt.

Reemus fell over the fence and landed on his back with a whump. "Made it!" he announced, lifting his arms in the air in victory despite his prone state. Then, after a moment, he rolled onto his stomach, jumped up, and went to try to help Nahori if she needed it.

saedusk
==> Look at the cows
I'm sorry, did you mean JUMP THE FENCE

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out