Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Heated Tempers (Fuego and Shinsei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 pm
His logic had been sound, his reason, flawless. He had looked at the facts, made an informed decision using all available data. After a thorough analysis, his path had been clear. Or so it had seemed at the time. But now, Fuego looked back at his younger self with nothing short of disgust; he'd been so cocky then, so confident, so self-assured! He'd been positive that he was right, because the facts had been interpreted by Fuego himself to an end that Fuego had clearly wanted. Where had the impartiality been? Where had the second opinion been? Where had his independent verification been? Nowhere, because his younger self has been an idiot.

Never mind that that 'younger self' was only months younger than Fuego's present self, the facts of the matter remained. Young Fuego had made a life changing decision based on incomplete data, and had never once stopped to consider that he might be making a mistake.

At any rate, that was what Fuego thought to himself as he waded through yet another stomach-brushing drift of abominably fluffy snow. Snow, something he'd never seen before, something he'd never even known existed, was proving the ultimate bane of his existence. If he'd had any idea he would be walking into winter, he would never have left the desert. Or would he? Stopping on the far side of the drift, where the snow only came up to his knees, Fuego cocked his head to one side as he considered the left he'd left, the lonely life among the blazing sands of the desert. It had been hot (or warm) all the time there; there'd been none of this snow to worry about, just sand and sand-related issues, like wind-fueled sandstorms. Occassionally a lack of water was a problem, but Fuego, like other native desert dwellers, knew where to look when water was scarce. He'd been fortunate to never truly know thirst; maybe if he had, he'd appreciate the snow a lot more.

No, it had been a completely different life in a completely different world, his desert existence. It had been harsh for the most part, but harsh he hadn't minded. It was the only thing he'd ever known, after all, and he'd adapted to deal with it. What he HADN'T adapted to handle was the isolation; the soul-crushing loneliness that came from living in such a rugged environment. Even growing up, he'd known few other Soquili; most of his socialization came from the rare occasions when he crossed paths with other nomadic Soquili or Soquili herds at the carious watering places. But the last few years had been particularly harsh, and he'd lost the few friends he had to either migration or death; faced with a life alone with the heat and the sand, he'd decided it was time for him to move on himself, to the land he'd heard described as a Soquili paradise: the land of the Kawani.

Well, he thought as he let out a particularly violent sneeze, no one telling those stories had said anything about snow!

Kara Asumie

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm
Shinsei rarely went into the snowy lands for he known that the snow could never hide him if he wished to be hidden. But from time to time it was nice to walk about the cooler areas then what he is normally use to seeing him home land doesn't get a lot of snow. It got snow from time to time but it would be gone before midday. So heading to an area where the snow is pretty deep either knee or chest high to cool off. But it wasn't like the snow ever touched his body. He gives off so much heat that the snow melts before he can touch it. Turning into water and rushing down the path that he is creating. Looking about as his eyes scanned the area. Seeing another within sight he thought that maybe this Soquili was stuck in the snow. After all it does happen from time to time to those not use to this land's weather. Shinsei had always found the white powdery snow pretty to look at and as it melts it brings life so it was nice to have about. The coolness didn't bother him one bit seeing his body's temp is pretty high. After all his mane is fire itself.

Moving smoothly with grace towards this Soquili that Shinsei believes to be stuck into the snow. The closer he gets the more snow he melts in the path he walks. Stopping just a few steps from the stallion he is looking at as he starts to speak. "Are you stuck?" He wonders a bit as he stands there. The snow around him melted at least an inch or two from his body. "You look new to the wintery lands. You aren't from around here are you?" Not that is was from this area either but he visits it a lot for the beauty. Like the mare he is in love with. Things of beauty just call to him. Maybe this is because he sees fire as something ugly. Even if it helps new life to take over. It destroys a lot and that just isn't a pretty idea to him. But he doesn't hate fire either seeing it is helpful at times like when there is too much snow or when it is just too cold out and about. Then Fire and Flames were helpful to not only himself but others as well. Waiting for the stallion to answer if he is stuck in the snow or not was the main thing Shinsei was waiting on. The other questions could wait for the most part. Seeing if one is stuck in the snow it can lead them to become sick.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:48 pm
All his life, Fuego had battled with a sharp temper. His mother had told him when he was young that like the firebirds who served as his family's spiritual guides, he was a child of flame and fire, of passionate spirit and raging temper. This could be a blessing or a curse, she had said; a blessing, because it meant he felt things deeply and connected with them at an intense emotional level, and a curse, because he could speak and act on emotion alone, without the tempering benefit of rational thought. This had always been true for Fuego; he tended to rush headlong into situations without stopping to consider consequences or side effects. Sometimes, he'd manage a little restraint, but that was more the exception than the rule.

And in times like this one, when he was already feeling stressed and under pressure, any attempts at filtering himself went right out the window.

"No, I'm not stuck, though if this damned snow has its way I'll clearly be not only stuck but smothered to death and frozen to boot," he snarled at the speaker in a tone heavily laden with anger and hostility. Just his luck, that he'd be witnessed mucking his way along through the drifts, stumbling and shuffling like an ancient one! "No, I'm not from around here; if I had any sense I wouldn't be here now, for that matter," he finished with a grumble that lead right into another sneeze. This was just not his day!

As he sneezed, Fuego finally glanced over at the other stallion, expecting to see...well, really he wasn't sure what he'd expected to see. It certainly wasn't a stallion with a mane that literally seemed to be composed of fire, whose very body seemed to be driving back and melting the snow around him! Fuego was suddenly and nostalgically reminded of the blazing desert sun, and had to resist the urge to move right up to the stallion. He looked warm! But instead, he merely bobbed his head at the other stallion and said in a gruff, but less overtly hostile tone, "I'm Fuego."

Kara Asumie

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 pm
"Well Fuego. I am guessing you are from the desert. I am Shinsei. I come here to cool off from time to time." The hostility and anger didn't bother him. After all a fight between the two hasn't been started and no one is hurt so he will just let that slid off now. He moves closer to Fuego to melt the snow around him. "There are places farther inland that isn't snow covered. Very pretty lands of all weather. Just depends on where you are wandering about. Lucky for you Friend you are not going to be stuck or be frozen and smothered to death. I can lead you farther inland and away from the snow. If you wish." He points out as his actions are composed in a serious manner that is worthy of respect. But that is just how Shinsei is. Simply put he is a Dignified Soquili carries himself in a manner that defines Dignified to the very core of it.

Melting the snow all around Fuego as he walks slowly about him. Being sturdy on his feet as he stretches a bit before continuing on his way back to the inlands where the snow isn't so heavy. Looking back. "Fuego is a nice name." He normally liked to hear the sounds of other's names. It was interesting to hear so many names that a lot of times sounded as if they were words of magic.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 pm
This time, Fuego managed to bite back his inclination to make a snarky smart-a** reply to the other stallion's matter-of-fact statement. No kidding, he was from the desert! Well, the desert, or the coast, or some other warm, not-buried-in-snow region. Actually, it was a good guess on the part of Shinsei that Fuego was a desert dweller; just because he loathed the snow didn't necessary mean he was from the opposite biome, so he really ought to give Shinsei props for the accuracy of his guess.

He just didn't feel like being charitable, not right now.

Though he did feel himself warming a little bit at the thought of getting out of the snow. In the same moderately gruff voice, he responded to the other stallion's offer with a thin layer of gratitude: "I'd like to get out of this crappy weather, Shinsei, not going to lie. I didn't mean to sign on for this type of thing," he said with contempt as he shook off another coating layer of snow. He was very appreciative when Shinsei did his little 'melting' trick, though he quickly discovered that the melted snow had an unpleasant coldness all it's own. Winter was definitely not for him!

Almost instinctively, he moved closer to Shinsei. "My name means 'fire', which actually means it might have been a better name for you," he said in a slightly milder tone of voice.

Kara Asumie
So sorry! I thought I'd responded a while ago >>;

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm
Releasing more of his power as the white powdery snow melts away even more. There was something dignified about how he uses his skilled powers in which an Ulun'suti of his element would do. After all he isn't the only one that is of the Fire Element so there isn't a lot that is special about what he can do. And shockingly that is ok with him. Maybe the reason behind it was that he didn't wish to be special in that way by anyone. That might end up only being annoying if it were to happen. "Well I am nothing special. Any Fire Elemental Ulun'suti can do what I can. But as long as I can help you outta this deep snow." He snickers a bit "Yeah your name might fit me but I think it fits you as well. After all your coat looks like fire."

Walking a bit as he looks at Fuego. "This way will lead to the bottom of this mountains and into an area with a lot less snow about the ground so it would be easier to move about down there. I will keep a clear path by melting the snow as we walk. There might be another snow storm soon so we should get moving." He points out as he continues to walk. Only stopped for a bit to talk to Fuego but now that he said what he needed to it was time to get moving. Because there is hints of a powerful snow storm on it's way so sticking around was outta the question. Although he can melt the snow with his powers. He would not be able to keep up with the snow fall from the coming storm which would leave Fuego and himself in a lot of trouble.

Looking up at the skies as he lets out a bit of a blast of heat to melt a bigger path in the snow as he walked. That way the snow shouldn't be touching them and that maybe it would help them be a bit warm with the warm air Shinsei is getting off as he continues to melt as much as the snow around them as he could to keep the path clear so they would not have a hard time walking. Seeing snow does make it pretty hard to walk about in. He hated that about the snow but he had to admit that the snow had a mysterious beauty about it that he couldn't help but take a liking to. But he hated how cold it was. And it was at it's prettiest when falling from the sky then it's blanket form on the trees and ground. Although that is just how he felt about it.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:10 am
Fuego had seen a fair amount of life during his years in the desert, much of it unpleasant. The desert bred stern souls, after all; Fuego had still be a foal when he'd seen his first death, and he'd seen more than one skeleton in his time. But though he was used to roughness, there was a lot he hadn't seen, or even heard of. And being used to one trial-inspiring circumstance did little to prepare him for some of those he'd missed!

But there were good things he'd missed out on as well, he knew. And that was partly why he'd decided to move on, to see what life in a less hostile environment could do for him. He'd known he'd miss parts of his old home, but he looked forward to no longer having to fight just to move through a day! Clearly, that wasn't going to happen for him until some time had passed; after all, he had no idea how long winter tended to last in these parts! But perhaps, perhaps, there was one tiny positive in all this wintery chaos; it was enabling him to learn a few new things.

Like, for starters: "So, I suppose that means you're a 'Fire Elemental Ulun-Si', or whatever, then?" The comment was punctuated by another sneeze, and Fuego scowled once more in spite of himself. He really hoped he wasn't getting a cold... "I've never seen or heard of anything like you before, are you guys common in these parts?" Following along at Shinsei's side, he found that the ground underfoot was a bit more slippery and icy, but the going was definitely easier. He could deal with that, he supposed, as long as he remembered to move cautiously! "Your plan sounds good to me. I've had enough snow to last a long time; if I'm going to keep getting blown about and frozen, I might just chuck this whole damn experiment." Letting out another powerful sneeze, he burst out with renewed anger, "I hate cold!"

Kara Asumie

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:31 pm
Shinsei trying to keep the warmth he is giving off enough to keep them both a bit warmer then how one would be in the snow without anything to keep warm at all. Listening to Fuego as he thinks about what is asked in question form and just how he could answer it. Maybe he could be of help and give him some answers but there were things asked that he does not know one hundred percent. Things like if a lot of Ulun'sutis were in the area. That he wasn't sure seeing he has not met any others of his kind. Although he has heard stories about others.

"Yes I am a Fire Elemental Ulun'suti." He answered one of the questions asked of him. Thinking on how to answer the rest as he wonders if giving an answer the best he could would be bad or if that would be alright to do. Although this is what he is thinking inside his head. His body language is dignified as well as the tone of his voice when he speaks. "I am not sure. I have not seen other Ulun'sutis besides my reflection. So I can't say if there is a lot in his area. I have heard of some water elemental Ulun'sutis in the desert areas to bring water there. But I am not sure if they stay there or only visit in order to help." He points out as he continues to lead the way down the mountain side.

The comment about the snow got Shinsei thinking a bit. "Cold can be a bit uncomfortable until you get use to it." He points out as they are reaching the bottom of the mountain as there is less and less snow in this area. There are more trees here so the falling snow does not dance about the sky as much as the trees catch it high up before it can get to the level of creatures like Soquili and such. But this was good it meant that Shinsei did not have to use a lot of his powers that drain him even if he does not show it that using such power drains him of energy but maybe that is because he does not normally use a lot of energy to begin with.

Continuing onward as they are reaching the bottom where very little snow is touching the ground. "I am not sure how I feel about the cold. I do not hate it but I do not like it either." He points out as he is happy that he was of help to one that was a stranger in this area. Maybe he could do more for Fuego then leading him out of the snow. "There is a hot springs about this area. Might help against your sneezing." He points out.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:39 pm
A very small part of Fuego's brain realized just how obnoxiously he was behaving, and that part was desperately trying to get the attention of the remainder. But Fuego had never been the sort to moderate himself; what he felt tended to be expressed cleanly, without even a hint of mental filtering. While he appreciated the efforts of Shinsei on his behalf, it would be some time before he was calmed down enough to really acknowledge what a jerk he was being and apologize, assuming Shinsei hadn't gotten exasperated with him in the meantime and left him sneezing in a snowdrift somewhere!

Still, he was starting to feel a little bit better; the warmth of his strange companion was proving a boon, and walking was a lot easier now that he didn't have to fight his way through chest-deep snow. He could simply walk and listen, hopefully picking up some useful tips about this new 'home.' In spite of his angry words, he wasn't about to give up on the Kawani lands, not yet!

"Huh. I don't think I've ever seen an...Ulun'Suti," Fuego said, stumbling only a little bit over the unfamiliar term. "I mean, I spent most of my time in one region; maybe they just didn't make it that far into the interior. But I think I'd have noticed a Soquili who looks like you, with the horns and flames and points," he said with a slightly apologetic look at Shinsei. He wasn't quite sure if that was polite, remarking on Shinsei's 'parts', but they were all unique to Fuego!

"Hot springs sounds cool; I've seen hot places, and I've seen springs, but I don't think I've seen the two together. A hot bath sounds great, though," he said before letting loose another sneeze. "Hot sand baths always seemed to keep illness at bay, so maybe water will work also?" Fuego sure hoped so; this sneezing was NOT fun!

Kara Asumie

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:05 pm
"Well the water does that and it also can cause illness if you move from hot water to cold water too fast. But as long as you are careful around it water is very helpful." He points out as he then changed his path a bit to head towards the wondrous hot springs that he knows are in the area. Sharing them with an outsider would be nice and maybe help relax them. After all this stallion seemed a bit tense to Shinsei. Although Shinsei was mainly in the mountains hunting. Seeing he has had a big enough meal before running into Fuego. He is able to keep up with maintaining his body heat. But that is slowly running out and so he is happy that they have reached the bottom of the mountain and into snow that is only covering to the top of ones' hoof.

This means he can stop using his power to maintain his body heat and walk normally. Though he is going to need another meal soon as he had used up move energy then he was planning on in the first plan. But that was alright and there was no real harm to him for doing what he did. Stretching out a bit now that he can move about a bit better as the snow is low to the ground here. "The hot springs are this way." He points out as he continues after his small stretching towards the hot springs. They were close and he know it. Smelling the warmth as he could always tell where warmth was coming from. Like hot springs or lava under the earth that is moving too close to the surface. And thanks to his mane being of flames. He could use his powers when he needed to.

It didn't take long as they reach the steaming waters as he walks into them. He never minded the going from cold to hot seeing his element is fire so the heat was always welcome to him. It was the cold that he found beautiful but wished it was not so cold to be in. Although creatures weak in the snow up the mountains made easy meals for him. So that was a plus size from the winter time. Things were more full of life in the summer time and harder to hunt from time to time. Thank goodness that as long as he didn't need to use his powers that he didn't really need to hunt but once every few days to weeks. Depending on the size of the meal he did get a hold of last. Looking back at Fuego. "Well come in. The water feels great." Stating this as if it was pretty much a given.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 pm
Fuego couldn't be all that shocked at the latest tidbit from Shinsei; water could bring sickness through drinking it, he knew, so why couldn't it bring sickness in other ways? That was water for you; essential to life, but easily capable of ending it. Just like heat, it could be as dangerous as it was beneficial. All the more reason to treat it with respect, he thought with yet another sneeze. Though really, he was already well on the way to being sick; he doubted a dip in water, hot OR cold, would make him worse than he was!

Following along at Shinsei's side, he took note of the gradually decreasing snow depth. The sky was still grey and overcast, but they'd left the storm behind as they made their way down the slope, a fact for which Fuego was incredibly grateful. He was still cold, still shaky, and still more than a trifle grouchy with the whole situation, but his temper was improving with each step as they made their way into the shallower snow.

He wasn't quite sure what he was expecting when they came upon the hot springs. The steam was certainly inviting, as was the overall sensation of warmth that rose up from the pools. Still, his experience with the lava pools way back when had made him a little cautious, and he hung back at the last minute to watch Shinsei. The other stallion seemed fine...but he was also made of fire! "You're sure it's not too hot for someone like me? Someone who's not an...Ulun-Suti," he asked warily. He might want to warm up, but that didn't mean he wanted to cook!

Kara Asumie

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 am
In the water as Shinsei thinks a bit on what was asked to him. "It shouldn't be. My familiar plays in these waters a lot. She is a wolf and no Ulun-Suti. So if the waters don't burn her then they should be fine for you. But I guess it does depend on how one can handle heat. So you should be fine. After all you are from a hot area are you not?" He wonders a bit as he is trying to ensure that the waters are safe for those that aren't Ulun-Suti. If his familiar could play in the waters without getting hurt then there shouldn't be a trouble to others.

Thinking on it he wonders a bit on where his Familiar Jinx went off to. She was with him until he went to the mountains. Awe she might be head and sleeping. When storms form Jinx always got tired. Her old wounds acted up when storms came rolling in. He smiles as he had figured out where his familiar is. "Too bad you can't meet my familiar, Jinx. She is most likely home and sleeping. She is also weary of others so her timid self hides from those she doesn't know but she is a sweet one once she is comfortable to be around you." Recalling how he found his familiar. She was on the edge of death's door and he nursed her back to health.

Thinking about it now maybe he just liked to pick up and help strays. He did the same thing pretty much with his mate though she might have been the real one who picked him up as a stray now that he thinks deeper on it. But Fuego was like a stray. An out of place one at that. Sinking deeper into his thoughts as he soaks in the hot spring's water. "The water isn't too hot I promise." Still deep in thought he can still focus on the here and now. This is helpful seeing some ponies when lost in thought don't seem to be able to focus on much. They just kind of space out.

And that was dangerous to do at times. Like if dangerous walkers were about the area. Though he is sure there aren't any of those creatures in these parts. Well not that he has seen anyways. Not that he goes looking for them. But even Jinx who scouts these areas hasn't run into or found any. Although this doesn't mean one should fully relax and become un-alert. IT was best to always be alert no matter what. One can't be to careful when it comes to things like walkers. Those were the only true dangerous creatures that Shinsei knew of. Everything else could be handled. Maybe not with ease but more so then a walker.

WC:: 471

Cajmera

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces