[ This is a private RP for LOLTERNATIVE involving the following soq ]

User ImageUser Image
User Image

[ LOLTERNATIVE's Teepee ]

[color=#b7c2d7][size=10]Losille[/size][/color]
[color=#388732][size=10]Yggdrasil[/size][/color]
[color=#8dc63f][size=10]Ery[/size][/color]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 am
It had been a very long journey, even for his standards. But it was hard travelling with a tree supported on your back and Yggdrasil had taken his time, knowing that there was no real haste and that his friends would be there when he arrived. The sun beamed down on him as he crested the soft hill of the plain, eyes crinkling as he smiled. Ahead of him lay his destination and picked up the pace, heart beating with excitement. He had not seen his friend in quite some time - last time he was an expectant father of two that were likely grown now.

The garden itself was grown - now three times the size of what it had been during his last visit and Yggdrasil noted plots for an expansion. Everything was laid out carefully - herbs in one section, carefully identified for their use and such; fruits and vegetables in a seperate area; fenced off to keep out wildlife; trees bordered the edges of the grounds, their leaves and thick branches providing welcomed shade. He stopped at the boundaries as he called out. "Ho there, Erynion. Are you home?"

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:07 am
Losille heard the arrival before her father did and so she was first to arrive at the gate, blinking a few times as she emerged from the shade of the trees into the brighter sunlight. She had thought the stallion a trick of her eyes but she was not confused or mistaken - he did indeed have a tree growing from his back. She cleared her throat, stepping forward. "Father is further in the Garden. May I help you or would you like me to fetch him?" Her voice was pleasant and she spoke with no animosity, eager to help this apparent stranger.

Yggdrasil faltered at the arrival of the mare; for a brief moment thinking her Vesper, Erynion's mate. He adjusted and smiled when she spoke to him. "You have your mother's beauty, young one," he spoke with a bow of his head. "My name is Yggdrasil and I am a friend of your parents'," he rose from his bow and smiled softly. "Might I walk through the Garden with you to find him?"

His compliment had her blushing slightly and she shrunk back a little; not knowing how to handle the situation at first. She had opened her mouth to respond when a voice called from above her.

"You'd not make it to me til nightfall, old friend," Erynion called with a laughter, landing beside his daughter. He butted his head against Yggdrasil's with a chuckle. "It has been some time, Yggdrasil. Welcome back," He stepped back, nodding his head to Losille. "Losille, this is Yggdrasil. He is a very dear friend of ours."

Yggdrasil laughed at the flutter's taunting, returning his headbutt with as much enthusiasm. "It is good to be back," his tail swished in the breeze and he breathed it in; eyes closing as he took in the smell of fruits and flowers; of life and greenery. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Losille," he bowed once more before turning his attention to Erynion. "I had hoped Vesper would be here but it seems I've missed her."

Losille smiled once more before interjecting. "Mother and Ellion have gone on seed journey together. They left just this morning and will be gone for some time, I'm afraid."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:17 am
Erynion frowned for a brief moment. "You're not staying for long, are you?" He asked, almost accusingly. A look crossed Yggdrasil's face and the flutter pursed his lips, nodding his head back towards the garden. "Let's talk inside, then." He did not leave time for discussion, heading towards the largest of the oaks; hollowed out to create a shelter large enough to fit the three of them comfortably as well as various furnishings. The floor was covered in a woven mat and Erynion took a seat at the head of a large stump that served as a table.

Losille frowned at the silent exchange between the two stallions but did not question it - her father had determined it was not the place for discussion and so she bit her burning tongue, stilling the questions she longed to ask Yggdrasil. She followed her father and made herself busy, fetching bowls of cool spring water as well as fruits for them to sup on. She sat beside her father and shifted a little, nervous at the sudden change of the afternoon.

Yggdrasil had inwardly flinched at Erynion's accusations. He was right, of course, Yggdrasil had intended all along for this meeting to be short and sweet. The stallion followed the pair; albeit much more slowly and joined them at the table, helping himself to the water and draining the bowl which was quickly filled by Losille. There was silence for a long time before Yggdrasil took a breath. "I do apologise. I wish I had time to stay," he looked at his friend with pleading eyes, hoping he would understand. "There's been a fire South of here," he started and noted Losille shiver slightly. "It was contained but much was destroyed and it doesn't seem to be growing back," he shifted. "I intend to go and lend a hand but I'd like to ask for your assistance. Seeds, saplings, whatever you can spare." He was desperate without needing to be - he knew Erynion would try to uproot the oaks if he asked.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:29 am
Erynion was quiet for some time, contemplating, calculating. "Of course, Yggdrasil," he finally said with a smile. "You need not ask - take whatever you can carry." He stood, rummaging around and finding various sacks and satchels; all of varying shape and size. Some were empty and some rattled with the sound of seeds; the front labelled with a diagram of the plant.

"Losille will help you with your preparations," he called as he layed the bags out, putting some back in exchange for others until he was satisfied. "Collect the seeds you think he'll need the most, 'Sille. I trust your judgement. I'll make other preparations."

Losille was already moving before her father had nominated her for help. She took up the empty bags and such in her mouth, leaving the house and heading for the garden stores at a run.

Erynion stopped his rummaging as his daughter left and he turned to Yggdrasil, silently contemplating and struggling with an internal battle before he sighed and spoke. "She will ask to go with you," he took his seat again. "She's been out before but always with me or Vesper. I trust you but I worry."

Yggdrasil let out a sigh of relief - though Erynion's reaction came as no surprise. He waited patiently while the pair did what they were best at and watched Losille leave.

"I will deny her if you wish, Erynion," he answered soothingly, though he knew already that his friend would not deny his daughter what she wished for. "She will be safe. It is not a far journey - she could make it there on her own in a week if she didn't have me slowing her down." He smiled softly. "She reminds me much of you and her assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Erynion gave a nod. "I know, I know." He shifted. "She will go whether I allow it or not. She's headstrong like her mother," he laughed. "I wish her home in a month," he warned. "Else you'll have Vesper coming to collect you and Gods help you then." He grinned before standing. "Come. Let's get your provisions sorted"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:42 am
It had not taken Losille long to gather what she needed. Trees that sprouted under harsh conditions and quickly but did not last long - they would at least help fertilize the soil and make way for everything else. A single oak sapling was carefully transferred to a bag, a shallow plate of water at the bottom. She grabbed seeds for herbs and flowers; bushes and fruits and grasses that would spread like the wildfire that had destroyed their ancestors. She returned to her father's tree, leaving the supplies out of the tree. "I believe that's everything," she paused, shifting a little awkwardly. "It will be a lot for one to carry by themselves, however..." she bit her bottom lip. "I should like to offer my help, Yggdrasil," she made eye contact with the stallion, breath held tightly in her throat.

Yggdrasil watched Erynion for any sign of objection but the stallion merely nodded and Yggdrasil smiled at Losille. "I would be honored," he gave her a sweeping bow. "Thank you, Lady Losille."

Erynion shifted slightly, still unsure if he had made the right decision. Mentally, he slapped himself. He had been out on his own many a times - as much as a foal as he had as an adult. She was smart and cautious and Yggdrasil would watch her. He had naught to fret about. "Very well," he started. "Let us eat and rest. You can leave in the morning."

The mare could not hide her excitement and a grin spread across her face. She loved her father but she wished to venture outon her own, make her own decisions. She joined them for dinner and laughed at the stories they told. They all slept in their father's home and in the morning she shed a tear as he helped them fasten their load.

"I'll be back before you know it," she told him, nuzzling his face.

Erynion smiled at his daughter. "Go, dear. Have an adventure and tell us all about it when you return." He turned to Yggdrasil, smiling. "I hope you will stay for longer when you return," he gave a nod. "You look after her. She'll try and tell you what's what but don't give in."

Yggdrasil stayed silent during their exchange, finding interest in the ground. Erynion's voice had his head snapping up and he grinned. "I will stay for some time before returning to Ayita. She will worry if I am gone for long." He shifted on his feet, the bags added little weight but it had been some time since he had worn them and it would take some getting used to. Losille looked as if she had nothing at all and he envied her a little. "Come then, Losille. Let's start our journey," he turned and started down the way he came.

Losille wasted no time in following the stallion. She nuzzled her father once more before turning away from her home. She was afraid that if she delayed any longer she would not ever leave. As they neared the end of the path that leaded home, she turned and took it in before she continued. Her own journey. Her own adventure.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces