Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 pm
So, pictures and articles of this dress are suddenly popping up all over my Facebook newsfeed, and people keep asking what colors you see it as... For the life of me, I couldn't understand the people who were saying "blue and black" because all I saw was white and gold, and so I started suspecting they were all either joking or batshit crazy. But then I scrolled away from the image for like 30 seconds and glanced at it again, and it was suddenly blue and black! emotion_jawdrop

I seriously shouted "WHAT. WHAT. NO!!" at my computer. rofl

So what colors do you see it as?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 pm
It apparently depends on the lighting of your computer monitor and how well you see in the dark. I see it as white and gold on my computer, but if I tilt the monitor waaaay back, so that the hinge of the laptop is touching the table, I see it as blue and black. It's just a really poorly taken photo in bad lighting. I can't imagine it's nearly so difficult to tell in person.

But to be quite frank, no matter what the colour combination, that is a hideous dress and I hope they didn't buy it just to check the colour in other lighting.

Also, wouldn't the colours be on the tag? I've never seen a dress in any store that didn't have the colour and style on the tags--like "BODYCON BLK/WHT" or whatever. Unless maybe it was a thrift shop?  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:41 am
I see gold and white no matter what device, computer I'm on. They did a color match thing, and the dress is blue and black, but I still see gold. When they adjust the lighting of the picture, then I see blue and black, but as far as that image you posted, I see gold and white.

I'm not colorblind or retarded either lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 am
It's ugly. That's what the dress is. >.< Icky shades of washed out gold and blegh white...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 am
I hate that dress. It's blowing up my news feed and the Internet just won't shut up about it. Though, I did discover that the actual dress scheme is blue and black. So, thanks to the Interne, I now know the color of a dress nobody cares about until yesterday. Can everyone stop posting about it now?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 pm
This ******** dress scream

I swear I had one friend post about it. Went to go put the kids to bed and an hour later EVERY ******** PERSON ON MY NEWSFEED WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS DAMNED DRESS.

It's ugly. That is all.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm
It was amusing the first couple times I saw people post about that dress. But as soon as the whole thing blew up across Facebook, I just got annoyed.

I saw white and gold. Though I can see how some people could have gotten the blue idea due to the lighting, but I couldn't figure out how people were getting black. Other than their examples of the lighting/saturation being changed then it being obvious black and blue.

But as many people have stated - it's an ugly dress either way.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games