Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 am
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 am
There was simply no explaining it. These eggs were not robin's or any other creature he'd ever seen before. There was no scientific explanation for why there would be eggs in various colours scattered around. Had he made a new discovery? Did the mother perhaps eat something that had influenced her to make unusual coloured eggs?

He nudged an egg gently and gave it a testing sniff. It smelled like it'd been boiled...which didn't make any sense at all. Why would one boil and egg and then leave it in the open?

He looked around the meadow in intense interest. This was mighty strange. What would possess someone to do something like this? Because someone obviously had.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm
The scent of warmed eggs surrounded the little usida, she did not bake or boil them, but the sun would cause those who smelled them to believe that is what had happened. She would paint designs upon the eggs using her collection of dyes from various plants around Kawanii and then she would seal her art with bee’s wax. It was a very long process and took time, but Ēostre did not care, it made others happy and making others happy made her happy. Also she just loved all the colors. Perhaps she was a little early with the eggs, but she had so many to make and only a moon turn left to finish them up.

She looked up from her latest design to see a male usida staring at her eggs. “Hello there! Can I help you with something?” Perhaps she could get his help or otherwise he would just be a distraction, and she could not have one of those right now.

Nyx Queen of Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm
Thalea

Xan was startled by the mare behind him. He studied her as he tried to form words. "I...Uhm....Hm?" He looked at the eggs again then at the mare. She was stained with colours, bright and beautiful as spring. "You're...colouring eggs?" He asked as his tilted his head. "Why would you do that? There's no scientific reasoning behind that is there? What is the point? How did you colour them? What did you use? This is fascinating,"

Small egg scattered here and there and some much larger. He wondered what kind they were, but he wondered more about the smell. "Are they boiled?" No, perhaps not they didn't smell as done as that. But they were warm to his hoof. Aesthetically, they seemed appealing but what was the purpose of them? What would possess someone to colour eggs and then leave them lying about?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm
She smiled at all his questions, it looks like she was going to take a break from her work after all but she did not mind talking about eggs and spreading the joy. “Yes I color them, I do it because I wish to bring other soquili happiness by giving them something pretty. I go around Kawanii collecting different plants to make dyes and then when I finish mixing them, I paint the base color of the egg with the dye and then add designs upon them.” She showed him the tiny reeds she held in her mouth to paint the designs, “It is a lot of work, but it is worth it to see the wonder and happiness in others when they see my creations.” Ēostre shook her head, “They are not boiled, I do not have that ability. When the dye has dried and I have finished my design, I coat the egg in bee’s wax to preserve the colors.”

Nyx Queen of Darkness

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff