Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Returning to a crazy economy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DntUnderestimateMe

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 pm

What happened? It's been a few years since I've left, and I come with practically less than a penny worth in the economy. Everything seems so far away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:47 pm
DntUnderestimateMe

What happened? It's been a few years since I've left, and I come with practically less than a penny worth in the economy. Everything seems so far away.

Here are two threads that document the details: [The GCD's Inflation Recap (v.3)] and [Here's what you missed].

Basically, Gaia now releases (cash shop) item updates daily. RIGs/CIs are released more frequently. And there's a max influx of items.
Some of those RIGs are "gold generators" and release pure gold as a prize, instead of items. Lots of gold. Many users open the gold gens and the influx of gold keeps market prices high so we're at a new market level. (Ironically, gold generators aren't even worth opening. You get a small amount of gold comparing to buying other cash items (same cash price) and selling them in the marketplace.)

I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't want to hit you with a wall of information. XD; The threads that I linked are walls in their own right.

Do participate in charities and contests. This economy has brought out the best in many, many Gaians and you should quickly obtain items that seem far away. Well, quickly might depend on the charity/contest. ^ ___^
Also, was Dumpster Dive a feature when you were here last? Be sure to click "dive" (once every five minutes). Users donate items to that feature. If you're lucky, you'll randomly get expensive items. And, heck, even if not... it's free! c: Anything is better than nothing. ^^;;

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Mystery Lunchbox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm
Welcome back <3

Yeah, I recently joined and was quite surprised to see how everything was so expensive.

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games