Back to Guilds

Tags: Poll, Community, Friends, Random, Contests 

Reply Main Forum
The wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does a person having pleb taste ruin a possible friendship?
  Yes, filthy casuals plz go.
  No
  I am the pleblord
View Results

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm
I had this huge realization today: I have achieved being the same type of person I am online in face to face interactions. The lightbulb in my head went off with this realization when I noticed how many people have told me how disappointing it is when I am not floating around campus or working with them because I'm an excellent conversation buddy.
Maybe everyone else has long ago already been like that, but up until recently I've always been much more conversational in the form of typing (face to face would just be full of long awkward lulls and tripping on words).

ITT:
Are you the same type of person to talk to both online and in person?
If you are not the same type of person- is it an online persona gig, or are you just shy/introverted?
Does your hidden power level make everybody 2pleb4u?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:53 pm
I have a type of Social Phobia. A strong fear of being judged by others or embarrassed that screws with my every day life. Sometimes it's hard for me to do common things in front of other people and I always wondered why I felt the way I did wanting to get over the feeling. There are many things I am clearly capable of doing but won't in fear of being severely judged even if I know the thought is completely ridiculous in my mind. I even check over these posts a lot before posting them... like a ridiculous amount. You don't want to know how long it took me to write this. For shame. lol I come back and change these from time to time if that wasn't apparent.

It makes being vocal and thorough in my speaking very hard particularly when trying to convey a point. I have fought many uphill battles to express myself creatively. Although there have been days when the anxiety has been completely turned around. My vocabulary is larger and I am capable of speaking my mind clearly and having intelligent conversation. You wouldn't be able to tell from looking at me or speaking to me, though. It depends on how I am feeling that day. It's really just a personal issue and I have grown very accustomed to the inner turmoil unfortunately. With that familiarity I have been able to adjust in most situations. My nervous system is a mess when I am put on the spot. At this point I will need medication as it has been affecting a large portion of my life. I just wish I didn't fear the medication. sweatdrop

In a more positive light I have triumphed over it a lot even if it does continue to bring me down. It's totes a gravity spell. : ( Fortunately I like to look towards the future and the people that give me a lot of courage even if it's inadvertent. Without them I feel I would be helpless. Independently I am diligent in my work and capable of anything though. That's why I feel so good when I am alone.

TL;DR
I have a social anxiety issue that many people suffer from so it's difficult for me to approach people. I just think too much. Once I get to know you I am alright. I can freely chat on the internet or through texts though. I am pretty good with it and have been warming up to getting better these days. surprised  

Brase

Dangerous Gekko

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:26 pm
I'm being treated for my social anxiety right now, but I still get panic attacks really easily. Assuming we aren't talking about me stuttering into my handwork and crying, I guess I speak very much like I do online, only rather quietly.
When you can actually hear me, I do say such things, but...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 am
I'm quite sadly more talkative online than I am in real life.

Now please excuse me while I retreat back into my video games.  

Cherry_slushy
Captain

Questionable Sex Symbol

11,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers