Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Scrubs [Leslie/Zeke]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:36 pm
A rather long, rather loud yawn cut the silence in the break room as Ezekiel helped himself to his third cup of coffee for the evening. It had started at dinner--black, no sugar. Not exactly tasty, but it did help to wake his a** up--and another on his way to the infirmary. Now, changed into his scrubs and ready for what was to be the fourth in a string of long and taxing shifts, he was trying to slam that last little bit of caffeine before whomever was in charge of shift change found him and assigned him duties.

This time he added a little cream and sugar, just enough to kill the bitterness from hour old, burnt coffee. Someone needed to brew another pot, but that sure as s**t was not going to be Zeke. At least not right that moment.

Maybe later, when he'd been at it for six hours and he was running on fumes. Time would tell.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:52 pm
Leslie arrived already in scrubs: too big, dark blue, and safety pinned to be a little less baggy (thanks to Abbi, mostly), a scowl already written on his face. It was another late shift doomed to run long, but there hadn't been a single shift in the Infirmary that hadn't.

He showed up without looking around much, and was halfway through his coffee before realizing who it was, exactly, that he was stuck with.

Awesome. Leslie grimaced, exhaling sharply.

"It's you," he said, flat. "I hope you know what you're doing in here. I'm not a ******** babysitter."

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm
The only thing that moved on the larger Mist as Leslie entered the room were pale eyes. He tracked the smaller man as he passed for the coffee pot and helped himself to a mug, and a brow rose curiously as Zeke went seemingly unnoticed for a moment or two as Leslie dank his coffee. It was actually kind of satisfying when he was noticed. The other Mist just looked so thrilled.

It was enough to make Ezekiel grin against the lid of his cup as he tipped it up for another drink.

"I know enough that Sunny won't let me rotate out of this s**t hole." He really did not care for hospital work, but he learned fast, and he was efficient. Unfortunately a complete lack of bed side manner was not a job requisite.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 pm
The only thing worse than a smug a*****e was a smug a*****e he had to work with.

Leslie grabbed a stack of charts, eyeballing each of them with what had turned into a practised ease. How long had he been doing this, anyway? Going on a year? Hard to think that he'd be graduating in a few months had he stayed in school. He didn't feel ready for much, except the desire to bash something's head in with a skull.

But maybe that's why the infirmary was good for him: it tempered the ire that rose up more often than ever, a way to leash back his desire to destroy.

It didn't mean he had to be nice about it.

"Sounds familiar," Leslie drawled, and weren't they a pair: no bedside manner and a ruthless efficiency. "How're your stitches?"

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:59 pm
This was either going to be a long night, or a long night with provided entertainment. Zeke liked to think perhaps the latter, or at least hoped for it.

Leslie grabbed a stack of charts, and Zeke finished off the last of his coffee, tossing the empty cup at the trash bin. It bounced off the edge and landed neatly inside.

"Precise enough to make make any seamstress proud." He was cocky, but usually not without reason. Zeke had had lots of practice stitching up patients over the last few months, there was no shortage of accidents and injuries.

Hands now free, he steepled his fingers, eyeing Leslie over the tips. "Where are they banishing us to?" Because it didn't matter what ward or hall or duty they stuck him on, they all felt like a punishment to Zeke.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 pm
"Ahuh," Leslie muttered, doubting doubted Zeke's claims. "Guess we'll see, since people can't seem to ********> spar inside the ******** wards," he hissed, pulling back a curtain with a vicious stare at the Moon inside, bleeding freely from around the neck.

"Just random trauma intake s**t today, no mission went bad. Christ only knows that it'd be more interesting if one had."

Leslie squinted at the trainee, and started getting antiseptic ready. "Any other injuries we can't see?" he asked, bored.

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:59 pm
Leslie could doubt all he wanted, it did little to ruffle the taller Mist's feathers. His pride did not hinge on the opinions of a yappy chihuahua. His partner for the day was the poster child for small dog syndrome. Loud, obnoxious, aggressive. Zeke supposed it was meant to be intimidating. It wasn't.

Arms folded, he stood at Leslie's back as the curtain was drawn aside, and his head tipped subtly to one side as he eyed the injured hunter on the gurney. "I'm sure it's much worst at the tail end of missions." Zeke had yet to experience the nightmare fuel, but he'd heard plenty. Made him curious in a way that was likely not healthy.

As Leslie got the antiseptic and questioned their patient, Zeke went for the packets of sutures and a box of gloves, gaze twitching back up to the Moon as he waited for an answer. If they went by blood alone, the neck seemed to be the worst of it, but he had learned quickly not to put anything past the morons on the island. They managed to roll into the infirmary with stupidest ******** injuries.

leslie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 am
Yappy chihuahua or not, Leslie was a steadfast dog when it came to infirmary work. He had no desire to be flashy or even the best: just consistent and efficient, with enough know how on how to navigate his way around the needs of every annoying ******** patient-- or, if needed, to page in someone with more experience than he had.

"Mostly just heard the stories, here. Weirdest so far was, s**t, after those weird rage benders and sad benders." Leslie let out a low whistle. "So many people ranting at their former bitches, ex bitches, would be bitches, and the fallout of that."

The moon denied any additional injuries, thank god.

"You can take it," Leslie denoted, gesturing at the trainee. "I'll do the paperwork while you work."

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:21 pm
"Sounds like a lot of useless drama," he noted mildly as he pulled out a syringe and a little bottle of local anesthetic. In all honesty Zeke would have loved to have been around during something like that. One of his greatest pleasures in life was pushing ******** buttons to see just what made people tick, what they might do. He imagined, given heightened moods, that'd be a whole lot easier.

Gloves on, he measured the anesthetic and applied it to a few places around the wound, then sat back to give it a moment to kick in. The moon hadn't so much as twitched at the needle, which was a refreshing change of pace.

Waved on, Zeke touched a pinky against the worst of the wound, testing, and when their patient didn't react he grabbed one of the suture packs and opened it, drawing out the thread and curved needle within so he could begin stitching the thing up.

Neat, even little stitches that backed up his claims of being more than competent.

"So it's been quiet for a while, then?" This to Leslie as he worked, attention very narrowly focused, but that didn't mean he couldn't carry on a conversation. At this point the Moon's presence was fairly superfluous. They were there, but not really.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:44 pm
"Yeeuuup," Leslie agreed, brows furrowed. Leslie filled out the lines, jotting down supplies used and anything given to the trainee. It was an easy one, at least.

He flipped to the next chart: Experimental Life labs related... side effects. "Yep," Leslie intoned again. Once Zeke finished up, the patient was sent on his merry way. "******** suspiciously so, frankly. Lotta people waiting for the other shoe to ******** drop."

beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm
With his job done, Zeke peeled his gloves off and discarded them on the tray with the rest of the things he'd been using. This was then dumped into the appropriate receptacle. "Any guess on what might be coming?" As if time on the island provided a certain amount if insight into the potential ******** that might befall them.

In a way, perhaps, but nothing like clarity.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 pm
Leslie shrugged, almost helplessly.

"Wrong guy to ask," he muttered, yanking back the next curtain and then visibly recoiling at the rainbow hives all over the poor hunter's body. "I heard s**t about clones, and s**t about zombies, and I dunno much about either. Plus that red eye s**t."

Leslie snapped on a pair of gloves himself.

"They tell you what you got hit with?" he asked, not bothering to look the poor girl in the eyes as he fetched a bunch of creams.

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:25 pm
A roll of eyes turned into a visible cringe as they landed on the rainbow blotched hunter behind the next curtain. "You've heard more than me," he mumbled, almost absently now as he stared, quite shamelessly. Expression an odd mix of quizzical and disgusted.

It looked like Leslie was taking point on this one, so Zeke went for the clipboard so he could fill out the paper work.

It was just a matter of tearing his attention away from the poor girl.

cherno astra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:28 pm
"Yeah, well. I read twitter and s**t, but mostly America and some others yap at me. Maybe talk to that Harrison ********? He does a ton of PSAs or whatever every now and again."

Without missing a beat, Leslie looked at the test subject at hand. "Clothes off." He drew the curtain around the bed, sequestering them from view.

He slopped some of the medicinal creams together into a small paper bowl, mixing them together with a stirring stick. The cream, too, began to change colours: not rainbow, but into a minty sort of teal, and finally settling on a viridian green. With plastic gloves on, Leslie began to lather it onto the hives, talking to Zeke unflapped. Disgusted, but unflapped.

"Trying to prepare for the future and s**t, then?"

Beejoux

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 am
Zeke made an agreeing sort of noise at Leslie as he began jotting down notes on the clipboard, recording everything the other Mist was doing, what he was mixing, and what sort of effect it was having on the rainbow rash, if any.

At the question he'd draw his attention away from their poor patient's skin and down to the kid. "Trying." A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Would really rather not go into things blindly, if at all possible." Something that was much easier said than done, of course.

He returned his attention to the hives, head tilting subtly to one side as he waited to see if the medication Leslie had mixed had any effect.

cherno astra

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff