.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]
[PRP] Pelt Club (Kiernan/Iaana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Painted Moose rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 2 Total: 12 (3-18)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:46 am
2: A fair quality jackal pelt. Worth 2 points
5: Small, torn and barely useable. Worth 1 point. (x2)
------
Total: 4 pts

User Image

Iaana'damu felt a crick in her neck that wasn't there yesterday. She rotated her shoulders in a sad effort to leave it behind, but it's hold was tight. Shan Furen wasn't casting her any favors this day. While the colony yet slept, the Servants made their mark on the land known, and she was not the only one head down the mountain towards the grasslands.

This winter was still yet a bitter one. Even though her fur was course, and her hide thick, the biting wind gave her pause. Perhaps she should-? No, it wouldn't do to stay back today. There was still more work to do. So much more.

She could see the dotings of Acacia trees across the grasslands. Somewhere off from her was the river, but as it stood she walked alone through the cool grasses. Her search had begun.

Sabra Knight

Sabra Knight rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3 Total: 10 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am
User Image
[6: A fair quality jackal pelt. Worth 2 points.
3: Small, torn and barely useable. Worth 1 point.
1: Small, torn and barely useable. Worth 1 point
--------------
4 pnts]

The winter winds were harsh, but Kiernan continued on. The rogue male had spent a lot of time in different climates and just like the others he found both beauty and beast in this one. The snow would be beautiful if it didn't make my paws sting so much. Smirking the shadow leopard continued moving on. No pain, no gain after all.

When he came across a lioness the male paused. Should he make himself known or just keep moving on? Surely it wouldn't hurt to be a bit social today, "Hey!" Walking through the brittle grasses Kiernan smiled, "Not the best of days to be out and about. So what brings you out?"

He himself was a wanderer just getting by from what he could find and what he had. Which sadly was only a few tattered pelts at the moment save for one that he had saved since his last stop.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 am
Her olive ears perked at the sound, and when she turned she was, yet once again, face with a rogue. Surely Iaana would have remembered such a dark pelt among the leopards she served. She came to a slow stop, watching him from behind her scruffy mane.

"It's as good as any, sir," She answered with a pleasant enough smile. "I'm from the Mlima Tuokoa, a colony just up the mountain pass. If you're looking for a warm place to stay I can show you the way." With rogues she felt a little bolder. He wouldn't yet know the strict social castes that bound her, or the rules they followed. Iaana'damu felt no unease when looking him in the eye.

"This winter has been harsh, and I ask, as an extension of the colony, that if you have any pelts you are willing to trade that you seek out one of our merchants. Every bit helps, which is why I am out today."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:14 am

Kiernan let out a shudder at her comment, "Surely not. If that's the case then I'm afraid to see what a bad day up here is like." Already he missed the warmer jungles and the rare ocean sight he had stumbled upon in his travels. Those days the leopard was burning up to a crisp rather than feeling like a chunk of ice.

"Warm place to stay you say?" The leopard looked thoughtful, "I suppose I could take shelter for a bit before going back." His amber eyes glittered, "Pelts for trade you say?" It would make sense that a colony located in such an area would be in want for pelts. Remembering the ragged things on his back he made a face though, "I have one decent pelt and two other scraps that surely can be made into something."

That decided he smiled towards the lioness, "Lead the way miss and I will gladly give to the cause."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:24 am
"Then this is not the area for you." Iaana'damu answered with a soft smirk. Having been raised in the chill, she was beyond used to the temperature drops. It must have been quite a change indeed for this stranger, but there would be someone to tend to him. Possibly even her, if there were not other duties set before her.

"A warm den with a full stomach." The offer was tempting, even to her. Surely that would be more than enough incentive for him to assist their cause? And as it turned out, she was correct. Although, she thought with pride, she very rarely was ever incorrect.

"Ah, then you've had no more luck than I." She motioned to her little stack set off to the side. "A few jackal pelts and a scrap of another. A crafter can weave them into something larger, or at the very least, the smaller ones can be used for the cubs."

Bowing her head to him, she moved to shoulder her own pelts and towards the mountain she walked. Her own pelt blended with the deadened grass around them; another sign that she held the blood of the usurper. A bitter reminder that set her teeth on edge every time she looked at it.

"That Masters will be very glad for your assistance, sir."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:29 am
Kiernan laughed, "You really don't have to tell me that twice." It was hard to be accustomed to any temperature really outside of the central lands. His wandering paws had never let him stay anywhere outside of the rogue lands long enough to get used to any real climate. Those in this poor colony though might melt like the ice itself if they ever ventured south.

The leopard clicked his tongue, "Seems even the bigger pelts don't want this climate." He teased lightly, "But I suppose there can be others found. Just not by us today then." He was thankful for crafters that could use such scraps for bigger projects. And at the mention of cubs his heart softened. There was far more incentive in helping others, especially little ones, than his own comfort. Surely I can track down more pelts for them later on. But first a little rest.

"The masters?" Kiernan raised an eyebrow, "For some reason that sounds so solemn and formal. Please feel free to call me Kiernan by the way. Sir sounds to stiff for someone like me."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 am
"You'll excuse me if I choose not to, Master Kiernan." When Iaana'damu looked to him her eyes spoke volumes. It was not the way, and the closer they got the colony the stiffer her back became. She would not be punished for disrespect because of his ignorance. Good intentions or no.

"The Masters are the chosen of Shan Furen. She is the Goddess that guides us, and is the source for all leopards." When she looked back to him she smiled. Even if he did not believe in their doctrine, he was blessed. She turned back to see others collecting in a central area; no doubt near the merchant.

"It is said that there was a cheetah at her side, and so they are treated with the same respect as the chosen. You will find a safe haven here for your stay."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:45 am
Kiernan's nose wrinkled, "I get it, I get it." Normally it was the other way around, but seeing how she moved towards the colony the more he was reminded of other places he had been and seen. The hierarchy here must be really stiff. His gaze softened as he looked towards her rough state, "When you must go for it. Other times don't feel obligated."

That was all he would say on the matter.

A colony of leopards with control over lions. The thought amused Kiernan greatly, "I won't complain, but it will be strange." It would take a bit of getting used to while he stayed here. Must be a haven though for some leopards...and cheetahs. What an interesting history with this Shan Furen.

"May I at least know who was polite enough to guide me in?" He asked looking towards the lioness again, "Surely you at least have a name?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:51 am
Iaana'damu looked forward and smirked. It was refreshing to speak with someone so relaxed. A nice change of pace, but ultimately one that would drive her batty after a while. As much as the hierarchy chaffed her, it was what she lived by and what guided her to excel. She was a player in the Grand Game as well as any other despite her station.

"You don't know the half of it," Iaana murmured. She kept her smiles at bay, however, and noticeably slowed her pace so that Kiernan could take point. It wasn't becoming for a Servant to walk before a Master.

"I am the servant Iaana'damu and it was a pleasure to serve you this day." She bowed her head, and looked at him from under hooded eyes. "You should go first. It looks better that way, and look this one in the eye." She noticed the familiar face of the leopardess that served as merchant. "She hates it and will raise the trade price just to get you out of her fur."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:56 am

Noticing the pace swap Kiernan made certain to jump ahead by a paw step, "Ianna'damu. It was a pleasure to have been served by a lioness like you." He replied quietly with a smile. Any other comment he was certain would get his hide scraped away by someone else.

At the advise he chuckled, "Gotcha. Something I can actually do~" Winking he brushed past the lioness, "Thank you again. Hopefully after I get through harassing these traders I can run into you again."

For now though he had some pelts to trade in for a nice night of rest.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces