[PRP] Not All Males (Nantale x Dwa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image Nehanda knew there had been a lot of change in her pride. She hadn't taken part in anything recently though, too nervous to be around when such aggression and bloodshed was going on. There were some things she knew she couldn't keep up with, and fighting was one of them. Being around others that were fighting always made her anxious, too. She never wanted to see anyone hurt.

Today she decided to take a little walk to clear her mind. She thought about things more than was good for her, she was sure, but since she didn't go out for many hunts like the other females she had to occupy herself somehow. Her paws led her to the area where the cubs would play while their mothers were busy and she sat down under a tree that was covered in tiny claw marks. She smiled at the thought of little lions running around here, enjoying their freedom and youth. She had always wanted cubs although she had resigned herself to the fact long ago that she'd never have any. No male would have her, she was sure. They all went for the strong females, which only made sense. Having a weak, tiny female that was obviously ill wasn't wise for the future generations.

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dwa yawned wide as he came back with one of the hunting trips. They had actually done a really good job of it and they'd brought back several carcasses to feed the rest of the pride. Luckily for him there weren't any real confrontations of sorts and he was able to aid and assist as need be. So he'd washed up and visited his mother before taking his daily walk, wanting to check up on the cubs, see if he could be of any use.

As he came across the cubs usual place, he noticed a lioness he didn't recognized. His head canted to the side and he watched her look at the little paw prints and claw marks before walking over to her slowly. "Are you alright?" He asked, voice quiet and sort of lazy. Honestly there was no need to speak in any other way around here. Unless you were disciplining a cub, but he didn't do that. No, Dwa just cared for them and made sure they got to their mothers safe and sound.

Blue eyes focused on her gold and he just sat down and waited for her response. Hopefully he didn't scare her. Some of the females around here had grown tense and rightly so with all the going ons.

SilverLutz

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:27 pm
Lost in her thoughts, Han didn't realize someone was coming up behind her until the spoke. The deep voice made her jump in surprise and she turned to find a male staring at her. She had seen him around a few times - there weren't many males in their pride, so she knew all of them on sight - although she didn't know his name. She did know, however, that he wasn't one of the main lions that protected the pride. He was probably one that was in charge of protecting and caring for the cubs. Still, he was big and a male, which made her shudder internally. On the outside, though, she simply gave a tiny smile.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine," she said softly, her voice docile and calm even though she wanted to walk away. "Just taking some time to myself to clear my head. Missing life as a cub," she added with a little laugh. Only half of that was true, of course. She missed the innocence and the wide-eyed wonder that went along with being a cub, but everything else...well. She was lucky to have survived to adulthood. The rest hadn't been so fun.

"I'm sorry, I'm being rude. I'm Nehanda," she said with a little bow of her head. "I know there's lots of females to keep a name and a face to."

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm
"Cubhood was a lot easier, wasn't it, Nehanda?" he asked, repeating the name for memory sake. He just offered her a little tilt of the head, staying where he was. "You're not being rude. I'm Dwa. I probably should have introduced myself before, but..." he rolled his big shoulders. She was a pretty lioness, all the lionesses here were, but her eyes were really pretty in this light, he noted. Welp, can't let that thought out. He shook his head a bit, dusting out his mane before grinning.

"Did you play here when you were a cub?" It was a simple enough question. Were the play places still the same after so many years? His tail flicked this way and that as he watched her movements, trying to see if she was honestly alright. She seemed hesitant, honestly.

SilverLutz

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 am
"Oh yes," Han said with a chuckle. "No worries, lots of siblings to play with, all the food you could eat. It was a lot easier then," she agreed, letting out a fond sigh with a smile to match. She had known she was sick when she was younger but that was all she had ever known, so it was normal to her.

The question made her tilt her head just a bit before looking at the area they were seated in. "Oh...no, not much. I didn't leave the den without my mother most days," she admitted. "I wasn't in the best of health when I was little so my mother was extra protective of me. With good reason," she added. "If it weren't for that I might not be here right now."

Her illness had made it very hard to breathe and, as a result, difficult to drink and eat. If it hadn't been for her mother doting on her she was sure she never would have made it.

"What about you?" she asked. "Did you grow up here or did you join us?"

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:18 pm
Without her mother. Dwa's had canted to the side and he gave a very thoughtful tail flick before he smiled a little. He could definitely understand that. He took care of his mother every single day without fail, went to visit her, stayed with her most of the day (as long as he didn't have much else to do) and just tried to make her life a bit easier.

Then she asked her question and soft blue eyes focused once more on Han's face and he shrugged. "I was born here, within the pride." But he didn't know his father, which he wasn't certain if that was uncommon at all. Dwa didn't really ask questions about why he didn't know his father, he just kind of assumed it was a common thing and no one really talked about it because no one really cared. If he was rarely seen it was because he was hunting or with cubs goofing around. He was a very good cub sitter.

"Sometimes it feels like only yesterday I was a carefree cub playing like they do now."

SilverLutz

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 pm
Han gave a soft 'ah' as Dwa confirmed he was born into the pride. He looked to be about her age, but she really hadn't gotten to know the other cubs in the pride for the same reason that she didn't get out to play much. There was the worry that other cubs would play too rough with her and end up hurting her, or worse. Her siblings had known to play gently with her even though she wanted to wrestle like they did. That desire had left her along with the worst of her illness, though, leaving her a fragile and meek adolescent who didn't stray far from the den. Now that she was older and eager to prove she did have worth she wasn't as bad about sticking around her home, although she was still getting used to talking to lions she didn't know. She had really lucked out in having Dwa approach her. He was kind, not at all scary, and a genuine pleasure to talk to.

"It does," she agreed with a little smile. "It's so sad how quickly they grow up, too. If only one could stay as a cub forever without a worry in the world." She chuckled softly, knowing it was a silly and impossible dream. Besides, when she was a cub she had wanted nothing more than to grow up and be an adult like her mother. Now she yearned for days past.

"Ah well...that's what dreams are for, I suppose," Han said to shake herself out of her thoughts. "When you're sleeping you can be as silly and carefree as you want to be."

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 am
"It is sad how fast they grow." He heaved a great sigh, kicking up loose dust as he did and just let his tail flick this way and that. The male just laughed a little more as his ears twitched and he looked around before settling on Nehandra's form once more. So pale and pretty. Ah, he had to remind himself that he was here as a cub sitter and a confidante. The females could relax around him. With a noise, the male shook himself out and then nodded.

"It's true. I had a dream once that I was a little impala and I was just bouncing around and completely care free. But the next thing I know, I'm in the sky. I wasn't scared, just ...up here, looking down at the world." His voice took on a wistful tone. "It was really nice."

SilverLutz

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:59 am
Nehanda had to laugh softly as Dwa shared his dream. It certainly was a fantastical one, full of flying baby impalas.

"That does sound quite strange, but lovely at the same time," she admitted, her voice soft and the smile on her face genuine. A noise caught her attention, though, and her ear twitched in the direction of the sound. Someone calling her name...her mother perhaps? Sister?

"Ah...I'm very sorry, Dwa, but I must be off. I do hope you'll have dreams like that again. They sound wonderful."

She gave him a little nod of her head and a friendly smile before heading off in the direction of the call, a little pep in her step. It was nice to know that not all the males in the pride were intimidating. Dwa had been very kind.

Saint Sergio
Last post from me~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 am
Dwa was enjoying the company, but he understood that she had other places to be. The male nodded and just watched her go without another word. This particular meeting filled him with hope, but also a little sadness.

Not because he no longer had someone to talk to, but because Dwa didn't know what his dream meant. He needed to find someone to help him figure out if it was a good omen or a death omen. He wasn't scared of it, but it still unnerved him a little. Either way, the lion gave himself a hard shake and he headed back to check on his elderly mother.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 am
Dwa was enjoying the company, but he understood that she had other places to be. The male nodded and just watched her go without another word. This particular meeting filled him with hope, but also a little sadness.

Not because he no longer had someone to talk to, but because Dwa didn't know what his dream meant. He needed to find someone to help him figure out if it was a good omen or a death omen. He wasn't scared of it, but it still unnerved him a little. Either way, the lion gave himself a hard shake and he headed back to check on his elderly mother.

SilverLutz
:'D Wrapped it up

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces