Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am
User Image

The first thing Paean did after reaching the pride lands was to place Dortoka in the care of a friendly entertainer while he hunted down Ester. With the Harvest Festival coming up really soon the queen was busy doing all kinds of things. He finally found her with Madakata and was able to deliver the plant. The wrong kind of plant as it turned out, even if his sister was very kind about it. It did have medicinal properties, and she had taught him to recognize it at some point, it was just that she'd asked him to find another plant.

Paean was feeling very sheepish, but he tried to shake it off as he walked back to where he'd left Dortoka. He was not a great botanist, but he was sure he'd be better at showing his new friend around. The pride was buzzing with activity and in a couple of days the Harvest Festival would be in full swing. He was sure they'd be able to find something fun to do until then. It was usually just a matter of finding a bored entertainer or performer...

R4gn0r0k IV
There... I hope that's a good start smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:05 pm
User Image

Dortoka happily spent time with the entertainer as Paean went off to see his sister. She listened to the entertainer talk about the harvest festival and the activities that would happen during the festival while she waited for Paean. The festival sounded like it was an event she would not want to miss. She knew she would stick around the area in order to witness the event.

When she saw Paean approaching, she excused herself and got up, a big grin on her face. “Did the plant delivery go well?” she asked him.

It was exciting to get a personal tour of the pride during such an important time. Seeing the pride get ready for an event would be interesting, especially since she planned to stick around for the actual event. She would do her best to be useful and help out if she was needed.

Annchen
Thank you for starting! Sorry it took so long for me to get a reply.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:20 pm
"Uh... sure," Paean said, "Delivered the package, safe and sound! I might even get to make another plant hunting trip soon enough."

He didn't mention that the reason for the next trip was that he got his plants mixed up. Oh, well... Dortoka might want to join him again, making it a pleasant experience instead of a tedious one. But first he'd give her the promised tour and do his best to show the lioness a good time. He thanked the entertainer for keeping his friend company, and made a vague promise of helping out some other way in return.

"Now, what would you like to see first?" he asked, beaming at Dortoka.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 am
There was so much to see, she wondered where would be a good place to start. “Well while I am here during while the celebration is setting up, we can see them working on it. It's easy to tell that your pride puts a lot of effort into these celebrations. As a guest I would be honor to see the work that gets put into them.” Dortoka said. She thought it would be rare to see the pride work on their celebrations.

“Truthfully I am excited just to see the pride. I cannot wait to see the festival.” She said, leaning over and bumping him slightly with her shoulder. “I am thankful that we found each other at the right moment. It would have been such a shame to miss this festival.”

Annchen

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:46 pm
Paean leaned into the shoulder bump, smiling. He felt honored to show Dortoka around and was very pleased that she seemed to like his pride. He couldn't help but take the praise personally. And he should! Even if it wasn't his season he was a member of the pride, and a tiny bit of what made it awesome. Surely it was okay to be proud over that.

"We could go to the Field of Games to see what they are up to," Paean suggested, "It's on the south side of the lake we passed when we got here."

He wondered what kinds of games they would prepare. He knew he'd stay far away from any fruit eating contests at least... Yathy was a fun leopard, but she came up with evil games, and he was sure felines were not really meant to eat fruit.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:19 pm
Dortoka’s eyes lit up at the mention of games. “What sort of games do you play here? Are they to entertain the young ones or are the older folk allowed to join?” She asked hoping she would get the chance to play the games if allowed. Of course, she knew she would have to be careful. It wouldn’t be very fun to play a game and have the mortals get hurt.

She was a wanderer at heart, but she could imagine herself enjoying staying at this pride for a while. Each festival brought new surprises. It would be a blast to be able to apart of each festival.

“You were born into Sikukuu correct?” She asked curiously. It was an assumption she made because he had family in the pride. “Have you every explored outside of Sikukuu? I mean like other prides of course."

Annchen

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:46 am
"Oh, all kinds," Paean said, "Some games are a bit too difficult to handle for the minors, so those are adult only, but there's always at least some games that are open for everyone."

It didn't occur to him that she'd asked since she was afraid she wouldn't be allowed to join in. No one was forced to join in, but everyone was welcome to. The games centered around physical abilities were of course easier for certain species or for those that liked to stay fit, but aside from the age restriction no one would be stopped from joining in. He remembered a race where an old hyena came in last but seemed to enjoy himself the most. He even won a special price for 'happiest participant'.

"Yup," he confirmed, "Born and raised here! I haven't visited other prides, but lots of other prides visit so I've heard many stories about what they are like."

As far as Paean knew, hearing about different prides was just as good as visiting them. And he loved the fact that Sikukuu was visited by so many different creatures.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:52 pm
“While I am here I will try to participate in at least one game!” Dortoka said enthusiastically. She wanted to get the most of the pridal experience while she was here. Being safe and having fun was her top priority.

“It must be nice growing up in a pride, having friends and family around you whenever you need it.” Pridal life wasn’t for her, but it was still something she thought was fascinating. “I would like to explore more prides in the future. It is so interesting how different the cultures are in each pride. I bet you were able to learn a lot about different prides from listening to their stories.”

She admired the pride as they walked. “What’s the best part of living in Sikukuu?” She asked curiously.

Annchen

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:19 pm
"Only one?" he asked, grinning, "I can almost promise that you won't be able to stop at one."

He couldn't at least, especially when it wasn't his season. During the summer games he was often roped into helping out, and couldn't join all the games he wanted. But there was always time for some fun in between the helping.

He nodded as she talked about pride life and her desire to explore more prides.

"Well, if you do, you'll have to promise to come back to tell me all about it!"

He hoped that she would take the time to explore Sikukuu with great care before moving on.

"I like that there's something for everyone," he said, "The seasons shift, and the games too, but I have yet to meet someone who didn't like at least part of it."

Perhaps he was biased, but he couldn't imagine someone not loving his birth pride.

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 am
“Well I shall start with playing one game, but if the excitement overwhelms me I will be sure to play more!” She replied cheerfully. “But I will certainly cheer for you and your friends in the games I am not playing. I am certain the game would be just as fun to watch as it is to play.”

There were plenty of interesting prides she had seen and more for her to explore. But this one was special and unique. She was never the one to settle down, but if she were the type, this would be the type of pride she would love to live in. The ever changing celebrations would keep her entertained. There was always something to do or see. It was clear why Paean would call this place his home.

“I will! But in exchange when I come back I expect to hear any stories you have to share.” She added with a wink. “When I visit other prides, I will be sure to mention Sikukuu to them. I am sure other prides would be interested in the celebrations.”

Annchen

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:20 am
Paean couldn't be more pleased. Dortoka was an interesting lady, and she seemed genuinely interested in his home (and maybe in him too). It was nice to walk with her and point out things he normally took for granted. The pride looked different, somehow, when he shared the experience with a guest.

"I'll update you on everything," he promised. Stories and news from Sikukku seemed like a fair trade for some stories about far off prides.

"Oh, look," he said, noticing a large gathering of celebrants, "If we're lucky there's a fun game starting up now! Want to check it out?"

R4gn0r0k IV
Good place to end it after her reaction maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:51 pm
It would be interesting to see how the pride changed and hear an update on it. She wondered how much would change while she was gone. The pride had been a pleasant surprise for her. She was fairly certain she wasn't going to stay away from the pride too long. Being around Paean and seeing such a tight nit community made her feel a little like she had found a home.

“I sure would!” She answered, her pacing speeding up, excited to see the game.  

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces