Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] Warriors of the Mind (Skada X Stigtyr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 pm
User Image
User Image
For the first time in a long time, Stigtyr's steps were steady and confident. His long legs trotted across the ground quickly, large paws making impressions in the dirt under his weight. The young male, his mane having just finished growing in, was still getting used to his adult size, which was quite large. His mother had never named their father, but whoever he was, he was a big lion. Coupled with the four jagged scars running along his face, Stigtyr looked to be something fierce.
Though in reality, he truly wasn't. Stigtyr had never really gotten the knack for fighting, and after a nasty fight with his brother that left him partially blind in one eye, Stigtyr was probably one of the least threatening males in the pride. Physically, that is. Stigtyr's strengths had always been within his mind. He was smart, quick as a whip, and had a memory larger than the greatest hoarde a reaver could dream of. The male had always loved stories, had thrived off of hearing the pride's history. As a cub, he had memorized the lineages of several warlords in his spare time.
He'd lost sight of those strengths after his incident, pun completely intended. It had taken him a couple months of wandering aimlessly about in depression, but now Stigtyr knew what his path was. He was looking for Lawspeaker Skada. The young male wanted to study under her, to learn everything there was to know about the pride, its culture, its history...everything. Stigtyr wanted to be her apprentice.

User Image

pinchmonster
Because I know I love visuals, here are the scars Quaji drew on his adol form: [x]
Also, is there like a formal address given to lawspeakers, kind of like a Mr./Mrs. or Dr.?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:07 am
User ImageSkada was not the most approachable lioness in the pride. Motherhood had softened her to a certain extent, but there was still a certain sort of standoffish nature that pervaded her every move. There were still stories told of the great Captain she'd once been, the 'Mother Hen' and her band of female Reavers -- tightly knit and wholly dependent on Skada's leadership. There were still stories told of the broken leg that was still slightly twisted, her fall from proverbial grace, the loss of her title and her rise to Lawspeaker.

She was a keen, intelligent female with a mind like a steel trap. In this, she was absolutely suited to the task of Lawspeaker. There were times she despaired that there would be no interested lions younger than she who might take up the title -- part of her hoped against hope that one of her own children might learn from her, for she had plenty of knowledge to give -- but as of yet, they had shown no interest.

Skada could usually be found outside of her den watching the lions who passed by. There were times that gossip could lead to actual stories and facts, and gossip was not in short supply among the chatty freeborn and the boastful Reavers.

Kaliforneum
Just Lawspeaker, I think, which will certainly impress her! smile

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:54 pm
pinchmonster
I might still be slow for the next 2ish weeks while I get my new computer set up. My old one completely died on me, poor ol' thing.

Stigtyr huffed in frustration. It was such a big pride that sometimes finding people was difficult. Not to mention the lion was still getting used to navigating around people with only one good eye. At least his size meant that most of the time, people moved for him. It was only when he came across one of those hot-headed, stuck-up reaver types that things got dicey. He was getting better though, day by day.
The young male stopped and swiveled, looking around him. He knew the Lawspeaker's den was in this area, so where was she? Had he missed her? Or maybe she was on his blind side. Stigtyr turned, his good eye sweeping for what he had missed. There! A little ways away, the dark lioness sat, observing other pride members as they came and went.
Stigtyr padded in her direction, and with each pawstep a knot began to grow ever larger in his stomach. What if she said no? What if she thought he was foolish? What if...there were so many possibilities floating around in his head. That was one of Stigtyrs strengths becoming a flaw. Sometimes he over-analyzed things needlessly. The male shook his head and lifted it up high. He was tough. He was smart. He deserved this.
"Lawspeaker Skada? I was wondering if I might trouble you for a moment." The male dipped his head respectfully in greeting. The question was on the tip of his tongue. He just wanted to shout and ask for her mentorship right then and there, but he held it in. He needed to stay calm, focused, and patient. His body and face were relaxed, but his eyes burned with determination just like his Reaver brother's.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games