Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Oh Brother Where Art Thou (Bart/Yin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Yin was unsure as to why a gnome saw him and started all but pushing him toward a classroom he had never used before. A sign on the door seemed to be a touch dusty (not that he actually read it), and when he paused outside the door the gnome actually did give him a little shove. "We didn't expect anyone to sign up today," was the only explanation the gnome gave while herding the mantodae through the doorway.

Truth be told, Yin could not actually remember where he had been headed before this, or how he had even gotten to this particular building, so he figured he might as well go along with it. And if the gnome was trying to ambush him? Well, he could take care of a simple gnome. But on the other side was not an ambush (or a typical one at least) but a boil. Yin tried to place him but found he could not, and by that time the gnome was gone, vanished to do whatever dastardly deeds gnomes did.

"Excuse me," he said, offering the boil in the room a slight bow with one fist resting against an open palm in front of him. "I am Yǐn Cáng, and a gnome brought me here?" The confusion in his voice was certainly apparent. "Are you in need of assistance?"

jackiee153
Sorry, I don't really use Skype!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:07 pm
Bartholomew Blackhorn's fingers drummed annoyed and rhythmically on the desk. A few minutes prior, a gnome had come in and taken the contract he had signed. After that, Bart could hear animalistic arguing through the door then another student entered, a gnome seemed to be shoving him.

At first, Bart thought the student might be there to explain the program or something of that nature; however, based of the confusion in the other boil's voice, that was evidently not so. Bart's eyebrow rose a bit, and his fingers stopped drumming as he pondered for a moment. He then realize how very rude he had been. "My apologies!" He said as he quickly stood, "I am Bartholomew Blackhorn! Please, feel free to call me Bart or Barty." He said a bit awkwardly as he politely mimicked the mantodae's bow. Bart was most accustomed to shaking hands, but he knew many of the other students were not, so he tried to be a courteous as he could to their personal customs. "As for assistance, I do not really need any? I do not think so at least..." His words faded out as he pondered over what had happened.

"Ah!" He realized a probable answer "I had just signed up for the uh... Big brother programme? Yes, that is the name! And, I hypothesize at least, that you happened to be passing by outside or something of that matter just in time? I imagine we can just walk out if you would like."

ramenli
No worries! smile

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:48 pm
"Greeting Bartholomew, if you prefer you may call me Yin." Now that Bart had revealed his full name it would take a small miracle to get Yin to use a nickname.

Big brother? As far as Yin knew, he didn't have any siblings (not that any of them were likely to have made it to the school) and he certainly had not signed up for one. Then he recalled something he had heard in the hallways or the dorms, and tried to remember what he could about the program as it was. Something about new students and showing off the campus, and the other boil was talking about walking.

"This is my first time to be involved with the program," Yin admitted, wanting to make sure the boil understood that before they continued on. "Are you looking for any place specifically or are there any places you already know about?" He would help if he could, and it would work better if they talked while they walked, so he was already headed back out the door, wings down but rustling with energy he needed to get rid of. Later he would probably need to hit the gym or go for a run before heading in for the night.

jackiee153

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:20 pm
Bart nodded and gave a polite smile "It is a pleasure to meet you, Yin. Although, I apologize for it not being in the most pristine conditions."

As soon as the other boil began walking out the door, Bart followed behind. If the boil did not want to go through with the program, he could respect that. Regardless though, he figured it would be important for the gnomes see them at least leave together. Although, Yin's words made it seem like he did not mind. "I have a general knowledge of campus and such... Perhaps the gymnasium? If you have some place particular in mind that is, of course, fine to, sir." He definitely did not want to inconvenience the boil at all.

ramenli

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 pm
If Bart was looking closely at all he would probably notice the spring in Yin's step at the notion. The gymnasium was his favorite place (well, tied with the Nurse's office), and if that's what the boil wanted he could make sure he knew how to get there. "That should be easy enough," he said agreeably. "But please, just Yin is fine. Really." He smiled, flashing sharp teeth at the boil in a light-hearted grin.

The gymnasium was outside of this building though, and if they were going to make their way there he was going at least point out the highlights along the way. He started pointing out rooms and down hallways, doing his best to pass along what information he had. "Down that corridor and to the left is the library. Even if you do not read much it is a good spot for studying or meeting up with people."

The weremantis made sure the other boil was with him before making a turn. "There are a few ways to get there but this one will take us right by the creepateria. I prefer to hunt my own food but the food is not horrible if you enjoy eating."

jackiee153
Sorry, I figured they could use at least a little bit of a tour!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:35 pm
Bart's fingers were interlocked as he politely walked behind Yin. He had indeed, been watching Yin closely and noticed the spring in his step as he heard Bart suggest they go to the Gymnasium. His eyebrow perked a bit, and he thought to inquire, but decided against it. "Alright, my apologies!" He responded politely, giving him a friendly smile in return. Bart knew very well that some people simply did not like being called ma'am or sir, and that was fine.

He watched closely and quietly as Yin told him about the areas as they passed them, politely nodding his understanding after each. He made a mental note about visiting the library to make more connections, and decided to inquire about the boil's preference to hunting. "You hunt for your food? Does the school have an open hunting ground? Or do you just go off on your own or something of that nature?" He figured hunting may be a rather thrilling and beneficial sport to take up.

ramenli
Of course! There is no need to apologize for that! smile

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:20 pm
"Well, I prefer it...but I think a lot of people just use the Creepateria." Then again, Yin was not exactly know for having a cultured palette. "There are some woods by the monster dorms that I sometimes go to. I really like scrags, so sometimes I just look for them in the dorms." No one had ever seemed to be upset when the rat minipets disappeared, and they were plentiful enough that he could always find some when he was looking for them. The unoccupied room next to him actually made for a pretty good hunting ground in his opinion.

"I have not heard of any hunting clubs, but there are lots of different clubs if you are interested in things like that." Or maybe a hunting club could be made if that was something that the boil was interested in. He kept pointing to places until they were almost to the entrance of the Creepateria. Yin blinked, not quite sure how they had gotten there so quickly. Had they not just left the classroom? His steps faltered slightly but he kept going, trying to remain calm because there was someone else with him, but this feeling had become far too frequent in the past couple of months. "There are a few ways to get to the gymnasium," he said to fill the empty air, the talk distracting him from the inner turmoil. "This way takes us right past the Creepateria which is just ahead. I prefer to hunt my own food but the food is not horrible if you enjoy eating."

jackiee153

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:18 pm
Bart continued to watch and listen closely, and continued nodding confirmation that he understood periodically. "Scrags, hm? I will have to keep that in mind in case I see any running around." Since his dorm was as messy as it was, Bart was all to familiar with annoying scrags, although he usually only saw them as one of his minipets were chasing it down. "One of my pets, Two Knife, has a bad habit of catching them to. He is going to get fat if he does not watch it though!" He said with a slight laugh before thinking to himself Although, what Two leaves behind, Lady tends to take care of... He nearly sighed at the thought. He had become far to invested in his minipets, although he could not say they were useless.

Bart nodded again as Yin brought up clubs. "I will probably look into it some time. Since I am a new student, I think it would be much better for me to figure out how things work around here and such before I do anything drastic." Bart noticed as Yin seemed to almost stop for a moment, then kept going and repeated himself. The jackalope thought it was rather odd, but said nothing about it. He figured maybe the gnomes had messed with Yin's head a bit as it did not seem like they were above doing such things. Instead, Bart decided to bring up the previous subject of conversation. "Perhaps a fight club would be interesting..." He thought out loud, figuring it was a relatively decent topic for conversation. He then interjected with another question he thought might be equally interesting "Are you in any clubs currently?"

ramenli

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:25 pm
"Oh, you have already heard about the clubs here?" It seemed like the other boil was already fairly well informed, and Yin was blissfully unaware that he had been the one to even bring up the topic in the first place. "I am not terribly active in any but I have attended meetings for the movie club and tea club. I think there might be a fighting one, but I have not heard anything recently." He had been a bit busy the past few months, with getting ready for graduation, wedding plans, and for some reason he kept forgetting the simplest things.

He stepped forward quickly and pushed open door, holding it so that the other boil could step through and into the chilly air. The mantodae shuddered, more grateful now than ever of the warm scarf around his neck. "Bartholomew, I think it would be beneficial to jog to the gymnasium," he determined completely on his own. Without really waiting to see if Bart agreed Yin set off at a jog, mainly concentrated on getting to the next heated building. And surely if Bart was interested in the gym he'd be able to jog there easily enough. In fact, he would probably enjoy it.

jackiee153
Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 am
Bart gave a slight shrug when Yin asked if he heard about the clubs already. "I have heard a bit, but not terribly much.... Regardless, it is always good to know more, don't you think?" He asked, his eyebrows raising a bit at the mention of Yin's clubs. "Tea club? That sounds quite interesting. A fighting club would definitely be quite interesting as well..." He considered bringing up the movie club as well, but Bart did not think he would know enough to speak about it fluently. Bart was not big on movies and such aside from their place in social and strategical interactions.

Bart nodded, agreeing with Yin's proposition to job to the Gymnasium. As such, he happily jogged with the boil, staying just a pace or so behind him.

ramenli
My apologies! I got even more suck, then everything just kind of snowballed... sweatdrop I am so sorry! crying

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces