The lands above the Volcano were so quiet in the wee hours of the night. It was a moment's reprieve that she had to take some pleasure in. After all, training was done, and so Siochana had a private moment to take reprieve. With grown cubs, and a pride that had come together under leadership she respected greatly, the femme was now spending a great deal of her time hunting for her family. Dark paws moved her through the grass towards the jungle, mismatched eyes gazing back and forth as she found herself in territory that bordered on the edge of the Aegnor's own. It was as she inched her way across the territory that she noticed something off. SOmething that was...Almost unsettling. A corpse. The preybeast had been all but drained of blood, though there were a few small bites taken out of it. It was half-laid out from the bushes. Gods...what on earth would do something like that? What in the Gods' name-

Little did the crimson girl know that she had been watched since the moment she'd set foot outside of the Volcano. Bright pink eyes watched her from the dense canopy of the jungle, blood staining a white maw as she sneaked close to the ground. Her pale fur would stand out when she felt like letting the strange woman see her, but for now...Enfys was content to watch. This femme was encroaching on lands that she could not possibly understand, and her scent. It made the seemingly albinistic lioness' nose wrinkle slightly, the heady rush of heat and blood mixing powerfully in her olfactory senses. This was something she would have to tell the others of. Ah well, for now...Siochana was getting too close, and it was her job to keep the intruders at bay. A ghost in the darkness.

A flash of white caught her eyes, and Siochana was quick to move. Whatever she'd just seen had been quick...quick enough that she couldn't quite make out what it was, but Karawan insisted. It was time to hunt. She was going to follow the apparition and attempt to find what she was looking at. Unlike something of such bright coloration, she would be more than capable of blending into the brush, her dark colors helping her to stagger herself with the shadows. Twisting her head left and right it took a moment before the daughter of Demons spotted the flash of white again, turning on paw and running towards it through the depths of moonlit darkness. What in the name of the Fiery Depths could it be?

Enfys had to keep from laughing, her body twining between tree and brush to keep this silly lioness on her toes. Ah, the living were so simple to fool. A quick dart through the darkness, and they followed like lost kittens. This one in particular seemed to be continually getting lost, missing her at each turn. Ah well. The paler of the two showed off, letting the other catch glimpses until she was deep enough in the jungle that it would be difficult to find her way out. Moving to sit atop a rock that was covered by a high hedge, she studied the one she'd lured in, letting herself laugh. The sound echoed mutedly, "Dearest girl, you're a fool to follow a ghost into the darkness."

Her teeth bared in a low snarl, fur bristling along her spine and shoulders as Karawan encouraged her to speak. She was a DEMON, not some useless little cub who had no ability to protect herself, "A fool, perhaps, but a ghost you are not. I may not have seen you, but the gods take us when we die. How could you so easily think that I would believe you to be a creature of the next realm?" It was an honest question. The children of the Volcanoes would not be so easily talked into the fear of a non-corporeal creature. Not so easily distracted from the truth.

It was more than amusing that this female thought to make sense out of what Enfys knew to be truth. After all, the living Ghosts of this jungle were indeed real creatures. "The dead can often come back to walk among the living, and I am only one of many. We call this jungle home, and feed upon its creatures. They, and their blood give us strength." There was a twitch in the red lioness' body, something that seemed almost...horrified. It was funny, "Why would you cross your pride's lines into a world that is not your own? Who do you think you are?" Despite her knowledge of the world around her, the different species...there was something new about this one in particular. A darkness. That smell...certainly did not help.

With a hiss, Karawan finally took over from her host, the demoness baring sharpened fangs, colored slightly from years of use. "I am the daughter of Demons. I teach the fighters of my Pride, and bear the scars of the power I wield on my pelt. We are a creature of darkness and fire, led by the Gods themselves." Pride swelled in her chest, eyes narrowing in the shade of the leaves as the first rays of sun began to peek over the horizon line, "My name is Siochana, and I do not fear anything. Even creatures that see fit to hide far away from me. Your fear is laughable."

Enfys could not help but let out a louder laugh, head tossing back as her dark fur fell into pale pink eyes. Fine. This demon wanted to see what a true ghost looked like? She would show her. Slipping from between the cover of the trees, she stood about ten feet away from the other, shoulders back, head high. Smiling at her, sharp canines were revealed, honed by bones. She liked the reaction it struck in the other, as paws carried her back ever so slightly, "Oh lovely girl. You would do best to run far from here, before the Vizuka find you. Be lucky it was only me. Run on home, and remember you have seen the dead returning, hm? Demons have no sway over me." She could not speak for her whole pride, but this female was...useful. Let her Pride know that they could not have the Forests.

A moment's confusion arced through her, and within a moment, she was in motion. Her father and Grandmother would want to know of this encounter. The words that Enfys had spoke were concerning, and for the moment being, her only thoughts were of her family. She would ensure that all would be known to the Aegnor'hini...or at least to the Pride's leaders. She would PROTECT her home. There was no doubt about that. None whatsoever.

Quote:
1145 words