Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Loincloths Are Not Standard Issue (Zeke & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm
Zeke slouched down until his head was resting on the back of the chair, and pale eyes fell shut as a smug grin lite up once again on tanned lips. "If you say so." Maybe next time, if there ever was one, he'd just let the vine snap, then see how very worth it playing Tarzan really was.

The question had one eye opening. "Mist." For now. He was considering a change, Life perhaps, or maybe Death. Or, and this was a bit of a shock to realize, Moon. He didn't particularly enjoy his work in the infirmary, but there was no denying he excelled at it.

As for hobbies, he brought his shoulders up in a lazy shrug. "I enjoy reading, swimming, marine biology, and pushing other people's buttons." The last he enjoyed very much.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:47 am
"Ah, Jack of all trades." Master of none. He wisely didn't add that bit out loud. Someone on twitter had not taken kindly to it. "Far as I can tell, death is paperwork, lots of it. I like it. Maybe I woulda been a secretary in a normaler life." It was, of course, a moot point now. He'd made his choice. His chair creaked ominously as he leaned back.

"Pushing buttons is great. Although, people here seem to be a little more inclined to acts of violence when pushed a bit too much." He sighed dramatically. Rep was very, very easy to push. Others, too. Horace pushed his glasses up. "You gonna take a nap on the job?" He flipped open the book he'd brought and wondered exactly how often things actually happened on duty shifts.

Beejoux

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm
It had been Zeke, actually, that had not appreciated the master of none comment Horace had made on twitter. The other eye opened now, and he leveled the young man with a cool look before hazel eyes slid back to the window in front of him. "I don't mind paperwork." Not usually, least not when he could work on it on his own.

"But that's part of the fun," he commented idly, letting his foot drop off his knee so he could stretch his legs out in front of him. "And it's not as if we won't heal." Besides, there was also the dampeners. Now, Ezekiel wasn't so cocky as to assume he held any sort of edge here, certainly not as a trainee of all things, but he'd also already been in a good many spars, taken his lumps, and knew what to expect from a romp around the training field.

He also didn't mind pain all that much, as evidenced by the tattoo and multiple piercings.

He blinked at the question, glancing at Horace again before offering a snort. "A nap? No. But I will use this opportunity to relax, unless something dangerous comes waltzing out of the jungle." Dark fingers knit over his stomach. It had been a trying couple of weeks, a little down time was appreciated. "Unless you have some other idea."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 am
Horace made a rude noise. "Sparring is all very well, but outside the wards is a little too personal for me. When I die, I rather hope it'll be fighting some monster and not from pissing off the wrong hunter." He licked his thumb and flipped a page. Ivy St. Clair had just wandered into the library where, unbeknownst to her, Tamberlake was reading in a very, very dark corner. He had read the novel multiple times, but he enjoyed it every time. It was very nearly a retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

He arched a brow at Zeke. "Other ideas?" Horace appeared to think very hard for a moment before grinning at him. "I knew you were an incorrigible flirt. But alas, I will have to turn you down." It didn't matter if Zeke was actually flirting or not, Horace took it as such because it was more fun that way. "D'you think they have cameras here - that the technicians get a show occassionally?" He looked up into the corners of the room, wondering where the cameras were. Were the chairs here only questionably clean?

Beejoux
sorry i did not do it last night ;A;

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 am
"So don't go outside the wards," Zeke answered coolly, logically. Certainly there were people on the island a fair bit stronger than the both of them, but it wasn't as if they were helpless.

Horace's tone had a brow lifting, and seconds after Zeke realized what he'd said, and how it had been taken. An amused smirk followed, a shake of his head, and he was bringing a hand up to rub briefly at his temples before letting it fall away again. "Wasn't a very serious offer anyways." Habit, more than intent.

Mention of camera's had soft green raising up to peer curiously along the ceiling. "I wouldn't doubt it, on either count. I'm sure the techs see all kinds of things while they're watching."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:05 am
"Yeah, well, if you get dragged half-conscious outside the wards..." He shrugged expansively. Regardless of his sense of self-preservation (which did exist, even if it was miniscule), Horace didn't really see himself being able to control some of his cheeky mouth. His mouth was a blessing and a curse in many, many different ways.

Horace snorted at Zeke's admission. "I imagine it's a habit with you." He flipped a page, then paused. "How clean do you think these chairs are?"

Beejoux

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:44 pm
"Probably shouldn't play with psychopaths," he pointed out reasonably. It was all light, joking, and a long yawn followed as the Mist sank a little further in his chair.

At the comment the corners of his lips ticked up, and he rolled his eyes to glance at Horace before looking back out into the jungle. "And why do you say that?" He wasn't denying it, just curious. "And I don't know." If they weren't, he didn't really want to know. If they were, it didn't matter.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 am
"But psychopaths are so much fun," he said dryly, rocking back in his chair. He turned another page. It was good, he thought, that he could multi-task so easily. Talking, reading, and keeping one eye on the jungle. It probably helped that he'd read the book multiple times; the spine was horribly cracked, the edges of the pages worn.

Horace hmmed a little before answering. "Oh, you seem the naturally flirtatious type. Flirting like breathing. I, on the other hand, have carefully cultivated my flirt," he said in an offacious tone. Then he rolled his eyes and laughed. "I have made a resolution to be more out-going now that I'm here and it seems to come out in odd ways." So, yes, if it had a pulse, Horace might hit on it. But it was a non-serious banter, a sort of harmless form of extroversion that he found easy. He lapsed back into companionable silence for a bit.

Beejoux
idk how long you desire to keep going; I think whenever you wish to end it, it's good c:

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:16 pm
Lips gave a twitch at that logic. Psychopaths were fun, if dangerous.

Though at Horace' observation the smirk returned, and he offered a snort of answer before bothering to add his own two cents. "I think you're over estimating my want to be charming." Certainly it was a plus, but it really wasn't his main concern. Zeke just liked honesty, and willfully abandoned anything even remotely close to a verbal filter.

At least for the most part.

"Nothing wrong with being out-going though, so kudos."

the semblance of unity
We can tapper off =3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:31 am
"Oh, everyone wants to be at least some sort of charming," he said distractedly and flipped another page. the level of charming tended to depend on the level of self-confidence the person had. Those with a higher confidence cared less if they were seen as charming. At least Horace thought so. He rolled his shoulders and snorted at Zeke's kudos.

So far, it seemed he'd found at least one person on the island who didn't hate him on sight. Provided, of course, Horace didn't somehow screw it up later. Soon enough, the book took up the entirity of his thoughts. Unless something truly awful lumbered towards them, Horace likely wouldn't even notice...

Beejouxx

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out