• Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 pm
Carousel of Dolls
A paper doll Pony-dress up and design contest

Opens: Tuesday, December 2nd 11:59PM
Close: Tuesday, December 9th, 11:00 AM
Colorist Creating: Mindsend

A pretty little thing is in desperate need of a finished look before she can join the carousel of ponies going by. Why not give it a shot and try your hand at giving her a design and then let the professional spirits finish bringing her to the real world. *wink*

What you get may or may not be 100% of what you add on. I may interpret it a bit differently or leave out some things.

Rules

• MUST have a Carousel "Theme" to her.
  • Follow all Gaia's ToS.
  • No mules (less than 1k posts and/or under 3 months).
  • Keep it PG-13 folks
  • Do not reserve posts. Please post only if you have a complete entry. Only minor edits to the post are allowed.
  • You can only win one freebie in this whole event. (Meaning if you've already won one, you can't enter.)
  • Please do not chat in here.
  • Don’t discourage people from entering.
  • You MUST do your own work.
  • Images must be linked to if they are bigger then the original uncert.
  • You can draw on these bases. Lines + color fill is the easiest (or add a color palette on it somewhere).
  • Please note at the top of the post if you change your entries! This is so I know and can judge accordingly!

Story Guidelines:
  • You can use actual stories as a base, but you need to also make the story your own.
  • Fiction or non-fiction is good.
  • The story needs to relate to the theme of the event: Carousels and/or Opposites
  • Don't copy someone else's story. This can lead to both being disqualified for the contest (since I wouldn't know who the original was).
  • You're free to use the background story of the Soquili as inspiration.

Edit Guidelines:
    Not allowed:
  • Cosplays of any sort (even the ones considered 'wildlife').
  • Changing of the base body (no adding hooves, claws)
  • Removing current markings.
  • Large mutations. (such as bird/bat wings)
  • shading (Mostly because... It's not needed XD).
  • Skinwalkers (sorry, gal here is immune.)
  • Do not Trace actual soquili templates!
  • Removing existing markings or changing the base color completely.

Allowed:
  • Hair and Tail edits (Tail doesnt have to be hair! Can be cerynei, unicorn, kelpi, ulun'suti, Kalona, or even mutant tails.)
  • Custom expressions
  • Small mutations
  • Custom Flutter wings
  • Edits inspired by your story and or theme
  • Templated non-flutter wings
  • Hybriding!
  • A few additional markings/color accents

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 pm
The Base

User Image

[size=14][b][color=hotpink]I'm All Dolled Up and Inspired![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Username[/b]:

[b]Name of Soquili[/b]:
[b]Temper[/b]:

[b]The Story[/b]:
[quote]- insert story here -[/quote]
[b]The Lovely Mare[/b]:
[img]- insert URL here -[/img]
[b]Comments[/b]:

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:23 am

I'm All Dolled Up and Inspired! 
Username:  dawns_aura

Name of Soquili:  Indaihira
Temper:  rogue

The Story

Quote:

I have been called many things – siren, victim, temptation, betrayer, hunter, prey. Monster.
Most recently, I have been called Mistress. And these things I have been, I do not deny it. But that is only a small part of my story. And life is not nearly so black and white.

I was always a curious filly. And I coveted. Objects beings, it did not matter. The world was my oyster. I lived my life to the fullest, enjoying all life has to offer. I lied, cheated and stole... I am not saying these things because I am proud of them, nor am I ashamed. It is simply the truth. And in the end, the truth is I have found, more valuable then almost anything. It is the greatest lesson SHE taught me.

It was an accident, unintentional, one of those wrong place-wrong time moments....

He was a stunning speciman. NO one who ever saw him would disagree with me about that. He was all that was handsome and charming. And yeah, I wanted to have him. At least for a night. So I seduced him. That was my mistake. If only I had known then... But the past is the past, and there is no use in regrets. They don't change what has happened. All one can do is learn from them and move on.

He was a plant, a trap. HER way of collecting those to join her twisted carousel. It was her pleasure, and our punishment. I don't know how long I was a part of that ridiculous contraption. But I fought it. Always fought and never gave up.

I think it amused HER, as much as it impressed her. Most gave up and gave in, becoming a part of the carousel for eternity. But I'm really not the type to give in.

SHE offered me a challenge, a way out, a dare. Which of course I accepted. And I fully intended to lie, cheat, steal... do whatever I had to in order to win. To escape. And I did. But in doing so, I lost what was even more important. My freedom. For the price of my actions was to take her place. Becoming that which I hated.

It is my curse. And I am everything they say about me. And I will be for eternity. Or at least until I have had enough and make the same offer that was made to me. The only way out is in death, for another to take my place. And I am not ready to die just yet...

The Lovely Mare
User Image
Comments:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:56 am
edited small things, like wording, and added a comment.
Username: PixelDeerest

Name of Soquili: Unfinished
Temper: Tricky

The Story:
Quote:

[Told from an outside point of view]

It was getting late and I was coming back from visiting a friend. My friend lived quite a distance from me, and the quickest way to my home from his was through a medium sized-forest that sat smack dab in the middle of the distance between us. To go around the forest would have taken up twice the traveling time than it would have to just go through. In the scheme of things though, the sun was setting and the light began to quickly diminish. It was my task to decide, and soon, whether the risk of danger (of the things that lurk in the dark; after all, we all know of those things) greatly outweighed the time saved from the short-cut, or if it did not. After rapidly going through my list of fears and weighing them against the time, I decided that it was best to take the chance rather than sitting dumbly at the line of trees that served as the entrance to the wood.

By now, there was no light coming from anything around me, save the moon - but that was rising slowly and gave a pitiful glow, barely able to illuminate my snout - let alone the surrounding branches. I weakly admitted to myself that the idea of passing through the unknown territory greatly frightened me, although, it wasn’t like I hadn’t been through the forest before – it was just that I had never been through the forest in the dark. I had also only ever been straight through, never deviating from my path, and so had no idea what was looming behind the trees. Here, now, in the dark, I knew I had no idea which way was straight, I only knew what was forward and so tried to stick with that.

Before a minute or two I began to see a flickering of darkness, something that was darker even than the surrounding black – so dark it was distracting. My mind told me it was a trick of the light, or lack thereof, and that my unreliable eyes were lying (my eyes, however, took offense). Before I knew it, the flickers began to surround me, or, rather, they flew around me so fast that it felt like they were surrounding me.

My heart began to race and it felt like I was losing ground, I began to get all sorts of turned around, the ground was up and up was down!

“HELP”, I yelled – or thought I yelled, “HELP!”

Suddenly, out of nowhere – or somewhere (it must’ve been, things always come from somewhere), a mare appeared. She was......bright. Lovely, almost. Probably. She was, it seemed, emitting a light of her own, like a soft glow of warmth, and protection. There also seemed to be an indistinct sound of twinkling music wafting somewhere in the air. Where did she come from? I didn’t remember seeing her before. The shadows, or flickers, were gone now (or were there more?) and she stood before me. She looked....surprised, almost, like she had no idea where I had come from either. Perhaps she had been lost too.....

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Unfinished.” She answered. “Or, well, that’s what they called me. Call me. It’s what I am. Or who I am? I’m Unfinished.” Her head lunged forward, in a grin as wide as her face. “Unfinished. You?” She asked, “What’re you doing here? In the woods? Alone? Are you lost? Would you...like some...help?” She smiled, and so it seemed, she did this with her whole body.

Huh. She seemed nice. Sooo nice. What a warm, soft, comforting glow.

“.....Yeess.” I replied. Why did my mouth suddenly seem... soo...slow? When did I start to become.....so..... tired?
“...Lost...I’m....” I trailed off, What had I been saying? “..........Who’re you again?”

“Yes, of course you are.” Did she say that? What a wonderful smile. Did I know her? Where did those...eyes...come from? Was she going to help me? .......Help......Me....?

“Here, I’ll show you the way. Then we can leave, together.”

The darkness of the forest shifted. Or, so it would seem. Any outside viewer, smart enough – whose eyes were....wide enough....could see the faint, indiscernible shift of shadow there in the dark. If a dim, ghost-like presence could be sly enough to have watched the exchange, they would have heard the faded sound of music and seen a pair of Soquili delve deeper into the.....alive, thick, breathing, blackness of the woods and then have seen it open up, swallow them whole, and smile.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: She's based more on opposites/duality. The duality of her personality with her looks. Feel free to edit more things/change things if you decide on her.
Hair is gold/orange with hints of pink. Seat does not have to be exact, would actually appreciate a more elaborate design. Beads on hair can be whatever color. Supposed to be surprised expression. Thing on the ground is a shadow - in black/purple/pink with menacing expression in white. Perhaps little shadow floaties around it? Golden fur underneath seat? Maybe a bit of glow around her?

Also! She isn't shaded, but I did add high-lights mostly because I can't resist highlighting everything  

PixelDeerest

Dapper Dabbler

9,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:47 am
Username: Fatal Irony

Name of Soquili: Astarte (named for the goddess of sexual love, fertility, and warfare)
Temper: Passionate

The Story:
Quote:

Prelude:
It can be said that Love is a Battlefield, full of mistrust, betrayal, blind faith and reckless acts of courage. Love is messy, imprecise, and fraught with opposition at times. Family members, friends, spurned lovers, even ardent admirers can pose obstacles to two lovers just trying to forge their bond. Jealousy can be a great evil.

There is hope against this monster, for those willing to seek it out. A Champion of Love, a Warrior in the Campaign against happiness. But be warned... there is always a price to be paid...

The Story:
The season was springtime - the flowers were all in bloom, the scent of which wafted on the gentle breeze. The sky was clear for as far as the eye could see, blue and unfathomably deep - quite like the eyes of his Beloved, the stallion thought. He sighed heavily as he thought of her. They had spent the last few weeks meeting in secret under the cover of darkness but he longed to see her in the glistening light of day. He just knew she would shine even brighter on such a lovely day.

He heaved an even greater sigh- one of despair and frustration. He knew it could never be. The two of them were from rivaling herds whose territories bordered each other. They had met by accident one night, not realizing they were supposed to hate each other. They had fallen in love so quickly that neither had had time to think through how they were going to work out. Not for the first time he considered stopping their affair, but he couldn't bear the thought. No, this was love here, consequences be damned!

He rose and stormed confidently towards the herd Protector, his father. Surely he could see reason? Surely the pairing could only bring the two herds together and end this years-long feud? He stood resolutely before his imposing father's withering glare and spilled out the entire story quickly, before he lost his nerve. When he finished there was a moment of uncomfortable silence before his father turned and stormed off, wordless.

The stallion thought that was the end of it.

Instead, the next day the stallion awoke to loud shouts and scuffling. Curious, he made his way to the source of the commotion - and his heart stopped dead. There, tied up and bloody, was his love! His father had taken scouts to capture her and the other herd members were shouting insults and kicking dirt at her, every now and again hitting her as well. The stallion surged forward to stop it but the other herd members blocked his way.

Tears in his eyes and determination in his heart he fled towards a cave he had heard about where lived a creature that would defend Love if asked. He had always heard the stories but only half believed them - but he was desperate enough to try.

Reaching the cave he stopped at the entrance, not wanting to go in. He called out instead, "Come to me, oh Champion of Love for I have great need!" He waited with knots in his stomach and feeling foolish. There was silence for long moments and he was about to turn and race back to try reasoning with his father once more when out of the cave strode gracefully a creature unlike anything he had seen before. She was clawed and horned and imposing and stared at him with blue eyes so like his love's.

"What is your need," she said calmly, her voice proud and regal. He stared in awe of her a moment before replying,

"My family is holding hostage my Love; they are harming her! Please save her!"

Her eyes bore into him a moment longer and without a sound she bounded off, faster than he could have thought. He raced after her but she was already too far ahead to catch up. He lost sight of her over a hill and arrived back to his herd too late to stop what had happened at her arrival.

He walked slowly towards the spot where the pink stranger stood, untying his love and attempting healing on her cuts and bruises. There was a clear path leading to them through what used to be the crowd. There must have been resistance because there was blood everywhere, and there among other fallen members of his herd was the stallion's father. He stared down at him with tears in his eyes. "What have you done?" he whispered to the pink stranger.

"Saved your love," she replied simply, and ran back off toward her cave.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: Please feel free to embellish or interpret my scribbles as you will! Oh and try not to cover the hearts on her shoulder the way I did in mine. I want those more visible. smile Also the pommel of the saddle can be any animal. I was going for Bat but it looked like a wolf and I thought that was cool too. It doesn't really matter lol. I just liked the idea of it being shaped like something. Please do something better with the saddle lol. Some sort of design or something? IDK have fun with it. Maybe no blood on her mouth. Idk. I'm pretty open to interpretation lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:51 am
I won a Soquili in the What's That Sound Contest
Username: spelldancer

Name of Soquili: Luminița

Temper: Zealous

The Story:
Quote:
There once was a spirit with no form, just a wisp of a thing. This spirit lived in field where few would go because when the field was ventured into the spirit would play with them. What the spirit believed was simply play, to the ones that ventured into the field was sheer terrifying torture. The spirit would swoop and swirl about the one that ventured in and make noises as well as call their names if the spirit knew them. As less and less ventured into the field the spirit grew lonely and sad. So whenever someone would venture in, the spirit would become so enthused that the spirit would be all the more frightening.

Years passed, and the field was known to all the locals as the place to avoid. The spirit, tied to the land, watched at first sadly and then with anger, as the field was traveled around. The anger festered and it became that the few that dared to venture into the field were tormented intentionally now by the spirit as punishment for the others’ avoidance.

This continued until the day the carousel came to the area. But there was nowhere for the carousel to set up. The only place large enough not already in use was the spirit’s field. The locals all warned the carousel and its attendants that only bad things happened in the field. “Only the foolish and silly go in there!” Laughing the Carousel and attendants replied, “We are the most foolish and silly of them all. It is only fitting we set up here.”

The spirit did not take kindly to being made fun of, and swooped around wailing and screaming as the attendants began to set up the carousel. But the attendants only laughed some more, wailing and screaming back. Angry, the spirit kicked up the dust and twirled it around the attendants, but they only said, “it is as if it wants to be part of the carousel!” and “do you want to be part of the carousel?”

The spirit was startled. Could it be part of the carousel? Would that end the loneliness and hurt? Thoughtful, the spirit began to only watch as the carousel was set up, the creatures were revealed, and as the carousel began to spin. The carousel was mesmerizing to the spirit, but there was a gap in the creatures on the carousel. One gap that made the spirit believe, that gap was meant for the spirit.

But how was the spirit supposed to become a creature? Floating around the camp, the spirit noticed that there were parts of creatures left about, as if someone had taken some apart and put them back together differently. Maybe the spirit could do the same? With great effort, the spirit began to shift pieces of creatures together. The attendants noticed and watched beginning to fear that the spirit could do them harm.

But one attendant seemed to understand and came forward to help. He began to adjust the pieces. “This would be better here, little light,” he supplied. “And if we add this…” Working together, the spirit and the attendant created a form for the spirit so that the spirit might join the carousel. It was an odd form. A mishmash of different creatures yet beautiful and intriguing all the same. The attendant attached a lantern to the tail of the creature saying, “this will let us always know that you are here, little light. So that we always know you are watching over us and guiding us.” For he had named the spirit ‘little light.’

Tentatively the spirit entered into the new creature and the attendants affixed the creature to the stopped carousel. As the carousel began to spin again, the spirit whooped with joy and the old bond that held the spirit to the field broke as a new one was formed. For all that had been needed was for the spirit to desire with all of the spirit’s being to leave.

The attendants kept the fact that the spirit now lived in the carousel a secret from the locals, only telling them that the attendants had appeased the spirit long enough for there to be no problems while the carousel was open. And, there were no problems, then or for a very long time, because the spirit watched over the carousel and its attendants. No thieves, vandals, nor troublemakers got away with mischief under her watch.

The Lovely Mare:
Linked because of the tail
Comments: The hair is supposed to be a bunch of braids. The flounce on the saddle is supposed to be lace on the edge.

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:12 am
Username: NovaCracker

Name of Soquili: Wren
Temper: Attentive

The Story:
Quote:
So I'm not the best telling tyrue storties but working on the dame below kind of brought two to my mind and both are about carousel ponies. With that said and out of the way you may now settle in with a hot cocoa or tea or coffee or something. They're not long, just non-fiction. I guess a little insight in the creative process here?

Don't know but it feels right.

The first one is why I'm not anywhere near as fancy as I might consider usually. I like carousels. I said it, there, people can point and laugh at me for admitting to the gushy bits again but remember I am still the house computer god. Oh, wait, right, people don't live with me aside Das.

Anyhow, when I was a real little kid, tinier than most - I mean five - I lives in San Diego. I was born there, thought I'd grow up there, given I actually fit in (But noooo). And sometimes we went to a place called Seaport Village. Seaport Village was one of those old fashioned gimmicky tourist places playing up on Old Town San Diego. I likes going, despite that, because it was something to do, and, sometimes, I got to ride the carousel. I don't remember it well, but it was a cool old fashioned one you paid to ride and the horses went around and around. To me that really screamed "little kid place". I rode one after moving in Tucson, but not as cool - and yes, I rode King Arthur's Carosel in Disneyland. Still. Not. As. Cool. Seaport Village and the TV are why when I think carosel, I think wood ponies and animals, garlands and wraps. The pony herself would be more detailed, excpt the timeframe would not cover a rough and I couldn't think of what to embroider. Besty roses in a while though.

The second story is a little more of a family comedy thing between my mom and my cousin. See, my cousin painted and in Long Island she COVERED her house in her art and photos and stuff. She painted carousel horses a few times, and my mom fell in love with one by the door. White, I believe. Just a single horse. Well, my mother is a carousel horse fiend. I think she had 5 or so of them in the house somewhere and I just never didn't know of them. It's scarier at Christmas too. CAROUSEL HORTSES EVERYWHERE.

Anyhow, Mom wanted that painting. That specific horse like burning, and told my cousin. She sent a carousel horse to us after a bit though.

It was the wrong horse. MY COUSIN SENT THE WRONG HORSE ON PURPOSE. But mom could keep it, so she did and hung it up. And proceeded to continue bugging my cousin for that horse. My mom is kind of a pest and very persistant. My cousin finally told my mother she could have it "over my dead body". It was also my cousin's favorite. Mom said she was in no rush, she could wait. (My family is a little special.)

Fast forward to my cousin's son bugging her to move closer, to a smaller house. Well my cousin is an older lady (60 or 70. Mom's from our Grandpa's second marriage.) so she packed things to go there. Well she couldn't take everything, her house was too BIG.

So one day we get a phone call or something and mom got told she's getting the painting. When it got to Tucson? It was mentioned as being on loan. Turns out from cousins though (My cousins kids) tyhat she's made it VERY CLEAR the painting is my mother's.

So my mother, even after moving, has this painting of a carousel horse in the house. Or... Three I think. I'm not sure. There's enough carousel knicknacks around to make you guys squeal at the ideas, and they even go on the trees, but I figured you'd like those stories.

As for the hair and colours? I kind of like cool colours. MYSTERY SOLVED.

Sorry for rambling, I hope you enjoyed my Tales of Youth and Tales of Family Insanity, because... They both kind of rolled through when I was fussing over a story.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Comments: I miss SAI.

I kind of wish I'd done more detailed embroidery or swirly patterns but otherwise I think I'm pleased. c: I really kind of carouselled around an idea of one of my characters with the base because I otherwise waffled with things, but I'm really rather happy.

And this is sketchy concept lines and flats anyhow. I just wish I'd made the wings more iridescent. Ah, well, lost opportunity. c: Sorry for rambling, I've been surrounded by carousel horses a lot and this was the only thing to spring to mind, so I thought someone out there might enjoy reading things.

I promise not to photograph any of Mom's carousel ponies when the Christmas stuff is broken out.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:48 pm
Username: Pink Pandah Bear

Name of Soquili: Lola
Temper: Bossy

The Story:
Quote:

Lola was never a fan of being told what to do. She seemed to always want to do her own thing, live by her own rules, so when it come to venturing off on her own it was no different. Her mother always told her to stay with the family and be married off to boy they chose for her, but Lola had her own plans for herself. She didn't want to be a pretty pony for those to stare at anymore, or a trophy for those she was forcefully seeing, the idea only pushed her further away. Her good looks and pretty charm could only get her so far, and she become mean for it. A brat, to put it precisely. She was so used to others judging her and complimenting her that it made her ugly on the inside, so thats who she become.

After fleeing the rest of the family as they slept, Lola carried her critter and set off to make a life of her own. She knew what she was getting into and frankly she didn't care what would happen to her. Her looks weren't going to save her from any danger this time, or so she would find out. The night sky flickered as she strolled along the forest line, shadows bouncing around the trees, her critter too scared to move. Lola laughed and carried on, her pride too high for her own good. If only she knew what was to come, and what was lurking in the shadows.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: Nevermind my terrible photoshop skills on a laptop! Her tail colour is supposed to be the same as her mane but I totally messed up the layers and couldn't change it, hahah. Supposed to be ripped lace as a veil and trim from her saddle, as well as deep purple roses scattered in her hair and on her saddle. I LOVELOVELOVE this girl so much (ANDALLTHATPINK<3), so I hope my terrible story writing doesn't put you off. I barely RP but this girl inspires me too, so gotta start somewhere! <333  

Pink Pandah Bear

Sparkly Bloodsucker

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 pm
Username: Kamiki

Name of Soquili: Kaja (Arabic for "free woman")
Temper: Independent

The Story:
Quote:
There are at least a dozen stories about Kaja.

A few facts are always the same: She used to be under the capture of a very rich trader. Some say she was part of a harem, others claim just a prized treasure.

Her name wasn't Kaja, then.

How she came to be free is under debate. Some claim she was released, while others say she escaped, while other still say the rich merchant suddenly fell ill and died.

But regardless of her past, what she is now known for is her scents. She is a master crafter of incense, scented smoking tobacco, and perfume. She travels with the mysterious carousel caravan, happy to peddle her wares to those who visit. Her recipes are a well guarded secret - trapped away in her mind or in her little precious trunk - and those who dare try to wrestle her secrets will meet a grizzly fate. None who have tried to tame or steal her since she became Kaja have ever succeeded (and not all have lived).

She also has been known to craft delicate dyes and oils to peddle.

By day, she travels around the caravan grounds, inciting others to explore what she has for sale. She can work magic with her nose for a good perfume; perfectly matching any Soquili to their perfect pairing.

But of course, by the light of the moon, and for the right price, it is said that she can provide other trinkets as well - little vials of sweet-smelling liquid. Poison, stronger than that of a desert asp. This is only rumor of course - her clandestine dealings are done under utter confidence.

Though she may keep everyone at arms-length, she will prove a loyal friend if you are able to gain her trust; and a bitter enemy if you cross her.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image User Image User Image
Comments:

Here's a bit of a text description, since editing and coloring isn't my forte.

Base: She's based off a fennec fox in form - with added fluff around her neck and twin tails. She has some darkened markings around her face to make her eyes look shadowed and fox-like. Also, her nose can be marked/shaded to look more vulpine but isn't edited

Saddle: Based off a traditional arabic saddle in blue and purple hues. Heavily tasseled (inspiration)

Veil: Transparent and embroidered

(Optional) Headscarf and Blanket: A long, transparent scarf wrapped around her head and hair

Hooka, perfume, and incense: She is a master at blending tobacco, perfumes, dyes, and incense. She believes all these can be used for both pleasure, meditation, and medicinal purposes. She has burning incense sticks usually all over her - in her hair, or held in her paws. She also keeps most of her supplies in saddle bags and trunks. She has a master glass hooka she keeps with her at all times. She can have plenty of little vials and bottles on her saddle or attached to her arm bands.

Hair: Very long hair that is bundled (not braided) and usually wrapped around her neck and back. It is decorated with bands and jewels.

And of course, I am 110% okay with (actually, would prefer) with artistic liberty and interpretation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:57 pm
Username: sbuggy166

Name of Soquili: Fleure
Temper: Reluctant

The Story:
Quote:

The young mares large ears quivered as she listened to the sounds of merriment coming from below. Lights speckled the feild and Soquili of all shapes and sizes wandered around the fair with the most gorgeous saddles ever. Some had rather dark themes to them, while others were bright and eloquent. Fleure had this longing in her heart to join them, but she simply could not get herself to move off the hill. Finally she shook her head and turned back into the trees.

Its not like she did not want to go, in fact she desperately wanted to go. If someone she knew saw her though it would be the end. Fleure had always had this reputation floating around her since a child. She was the tough girl, the tomboy, the rough and tumble sort. She was labeled such due to her claws and fangs. Oh, and of course the pink. She had been "gifted" with a coat that was oh...so...pink...and had been made fun of because of it. To stop people making fun of her she took on the tough girl attitude and after a few "headbuttings" with her teasers, the name calling stopped. The tomboy name, however, stuck and she was determined to keep it up so that no one would tease her again. Her secret obsession with all things pretty and girly would remain hidden.

Fleure softly padded off to a rather thick bush where she had stashed her pride and joy. From the Bushel she pulled out a very ornate saddle. Her lower lip started to quiver as she looked at the saddle. It had been a gift to her from a rather gracious unicorn who had healed her after one of her "headbutting" incidents. She had hidden the saddle because it was so pretty and ornate that people would have made fun of her. It had been to big for her anyways, but now she was grown, and the saddle fit. Fleure slung the saddle onto her back just to admire it. Just to admire how well it fit now. Something rustled in the trees and she spun around at the sound of laughter. She was borderline horrified, had someone seen her? Had those idiots stalked her? From the trees walked a pair of Usada pixies. Fleure let out a sigh of relief. The two pixies noticed her and pranced right up to her. One had a basket tied to her saddle that was full of flowers, and the other had several different ribbons rolled up in a satchel around her neck. The Flower pixie spoke first,

"Oh my! look at your saddle, its simply amazing! I love how the gold embroidery sits on the cream just so eloquently!"

The Ribbon pixie nodded furiously and added, "Not to mention how it all is framed so well by your pink stripes, I think this is my fav saddle so far!"

Fleure was not used to compliments and blushed deeply.
"Thankyou." Fleure mumbled.

"Will you walk with us to the carousel? I think everyone would love to see this! just imagine the lights dancing off the seat of your saddle!" The ribbon pixie exclaimed.

"Oh yes you must come!" said the flower pixie.

Fleure shook her head and looked to the ground, "I can't go like this. My mane has never been combed and with just a saddle alone I'll look silly. No I'll stay behind an-"

The flower pixie began to pull out different colored flowers as the ribbon pixie pulled out some lace and a burlap cloth.

"None of that now, here all you need are some touch-ups. Yes a flower here, some flowers there...here lets straighten out your mane...take off the saddle...there there get that burlap down...touch of lace...saddle back on...now don't fuss, and you're done!!!" The two pixies stepped back to admire their work then said, "yes yes you are stunning! Now no time to waste, lets go!" They turned and walked off towards the carousel and out of the trees.

It had all happened so fast that Fleure was left breathless. They had pinched her, prodded her, pulled her hair...but wait...she turned and looked at her self as best she could. Her hair was pulled back and had flowers in it, her tail had been brushed and held a stylish flower band, they had even put lace under her saddle! She really was stunning!

A large grin spread across Fleure's face. She was actually very pretty! Her stomach churned with giddiness and she pranced after the two pixies. She was going to the Carousel and was going to mingle and laugh and be with all the pretty people!

She was going to the fair!
She was going to be the prettiest mare there!
She did not even care,
That others might stare,
Because she was going to the fair!

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: Her saddle is gold designs with creme background. Under her saddle is lace, and on her back is a burlap cloth. I based her design off of this PICTURE. Feel free to add anything or change anything as you please ;D  

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 am
Edited to fix a few minor errors I noticed

Username: Lestragne

Name of Soquili: The Ringmaster
Temper: Demented

The Story:
Quote:
It was a sunny summer day the circus had just come into town,I had begged and pleaded to go. I had finally received the OK from my parents and I was preparing to spend a day out. The circus always sounded fun but my parents were always very strict and they never let me go very far on my own. I knew they were keeping something from me but I was never able to get a straight answer from them. Shaking the thoughts out of my head I left my house for the unknown world one I was unable to see from the confines of the house.

Hover cars roared past me and I was in awe of this strange land I had only seen a few times before. There were also people on horseback and I waved at them having always been a horse lover myself but finding them strangely out of place here in the futuristic city. I started towards the boardwalk where the circus had sent up tent. Today had to be the best day ever I was going to make sure of that.

When I reached the circus grounds there were people everywhere standing at booths and taking part in the activities set up around the area. There were fire eaters and robots battling it out in makeshift arenas. I took a deep breath taking in the scents and smells wanting to remember the moment forever. A sound caught my attention and I noticed an old woman standing in a stall. She smiled at me revealing broken teeth and repeated what she had said before.

“Come One Come All! Let Me Wipe Your Problems Away! It Will Only Cost Some of Your Soul that is if you can bear to lose it.”

Her voice sent shivers down my spine and I was truly terrified. I looked around but no one else seemed to see or even hear this strange old lady .She pointed at me and beckoned me over glancing at the wares she had for sale. I wanted to run the other way and forget I ever saw her but something drew me to her. I crept over to her stall cautiously little did I know my life was about to change forever.

I had made it over to her stall and some of the items she had for sale caught my eye. . I glanced up to ask her the prices and strangely she was gone. With her the crowds and the smells they had been replaced by a huge carousel that was spinning but no one was riding it. It was an antique carousel from what period I could not tell. It was made of wood instead of steel or modern materials. All sorts of creatures passed by me and then it stopped a pink horse beckoning for me to get on was before me.

I did not think getting on would be a wise idea but a force started to drag me towards the carousel and I was unable to resist. I climbed onto the pink horse and everything started spinning faster and faster I knew something was horribly wrong I felt my body start to be sucked into the horse and that was when I blanked out. When I awoke the world was not the same as when I left it. I slowly came to the realization that I would never be able to return to where I had come from.

I am writing this now as I cannot resist the transformation any longer I will not remember any of this once I am fully gone. The horse is slowly taking my soul so it can come alive and I fear it is close to done. I wish I had stayed home like my parents told me but this is my fate though I will not remember it stay away from the carousel of souls for it will do what it has done to me to you.

My time is up and I hope this will never fall upon anyone else ever again. I do believe I am not the only one to be sucked into this mess. I believe it took many kids and adults and I am just the final piece in this insane puzzle. I can hear them telling me to run but it is much too late for me to leave. Fate is a cruel cruel thing.

Epilogue-
My name you ask..? I will have to kill you if you know that. I Am the Ringmaster and this is my world. I am sorry but now that you know my name you’re as good as mine. My hunt will never end and the carousel will keep spinning I have a purpose I will rid the world of the weak and powerless. Only those with power can rule and I will be there leader.

Who says a mare cannot rule the land? Every living being will bow before me and I will keep this circus alive and well I promise you that. I have no memories of before this strange land but I do know I must please myself. I wish I knew who I was but a Ringmaster never stops leading and nor shall I.
“The Ringleader shall always be right even when she is wrong..”

“I Am the terror that lurks in the night..Those who meet me will sure be fright”
“Riddles is my game and that is what I speak..Once you know you are no more”
“Those who dare defy me will not live long.. They will not live long either way..”
“I Am The Fright That Lurks In The Night.”
“I Will Live Forevermore. Until the carousel runs no more”

(The Ringmasters song)

The Lovely Mare: X
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Comments: Well I hope my story was ok I had tons of fun writing it. The ideas would not stop coming and I wrote more than I was trying to. Its also real hard for me to do the edits and color since i have to print out the base and do things that way. So its not the best but hopefully its good enough to give the idea of the design.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:45 am
Username: LOLTERNATIVE

Name of Soquili: Corvida
Temper: Unfortunate

The Story:
Quote:
Once Corvida had been a part of a troupe; a wonderful group of travelling soquili. A circus of sorts. She had been a fortune teller; predicting futures with bones. She made sure to always tell the truth in what she saw. Past, present or future she was able to divine it all. With one catch. A curse had left her with the inability to give good fortunes. She could only bear bad news - injuries, lost love, death. One by one patrons came, hoping for something positive only to leave heartbroken, terrified or angry.

Eventually, she was run out of the circus. People stopped coming - not wanting their fortune to be tainted by bad luck. She had to survive on her own - praying that good fortune existed for her somewhere though she could not divine it herself. Eventually she stopped praying and hope turned to bitterness which in turn grew to hatred. She began roaming, offering her services to unsuspecting customers; enjoying the disappointment they felt when she revealed bad news. After all, it was patrons that had forced her from her home and it was patrons who should suffer in turn.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: Bones & wilted roses. O U O  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:47 am
Editing and voiding, since I won a Soquili in this event. Thank you for the game, and best of luck to everyone else~!

Username: elfstar89

Name of Soquili: Psyche Lepa
Temper: Rebellious

The Story:
Quote:
Love. According to her mother, totally worth it, totally wonderful, totally the best thing in the world.

Well, that was one thing her mother got wrong.

Psyche Lepa picked up her ivory music box in her delicate mouth, and tangled it in her sashes. Her lover watched her, a sad look in his puppy dog eyes.

"You're really going? I thought you loved me! And, come on, Mother's not really that bad!" he insisted, his full complement of angeni wings flailing. "I'm sure she'll come around to you in time!"

She sighed. "Nope. Your mom hates me, your idea of fun is sitting around, plucking flower petals, singing love songs on the highest clouds, where I can't go, and watching people fall in love. You don't like adventures, and if your mom doesn't like something, you won't do it." She stepped forward, flicking her elegant tail. No wings were spread; she was flightless, unlike her lover.

"But Mother says the outside world is dangerous! You can't possibly go out there! And who doesn't enjoy the sensation of love?" he asked.

"After living with you and your mom? Me. Look, Cupid," she said, calling him by the pet name she'd given him, "I wanna go on adventures, meet people, live with danger, seek out the thrills and chills. In other words, I wanna LIVE. And not in a gilded birdcage, pretending to be a princessy angeni when, quite frankly, I'm not."

He said nothing as she bounded away from the hollow where she'd lived with him.

It was some hours before she finally bedded down for the night. No adventures yet. But she dreamed.

She stood at the edge of a pool, gazing into its depths. An image formed, of her Cupid. He was crying, as his gorgeous mother petted him. A murderous look darkened her features.

Behind her, a voice spoke. "Well, well, well. Here's the plain jane who broke my son's heart. Not that she deserved it in the first place," Cupid's mother snarled.

Psyche Lepa turned to face her. "Not my fault that we fell in love, not my fault that we weren't really a great fit in the first place."

"Well, it's fine that you admitted it," the angeni snorted. "Because I'm going to ensure he'll no longer pine for you."

"If he doesn't miss me, we probably weren't that strong a couple in the first place. And, seriously, breed purity? Are you sure you don't have any kalona in there?"

"You little--!" She paused, a wicked smile coming over her face.

And a change came over Psyche Lepa.

Psyche Lepa glanced at her tail, wiggling the cottony ball that replaced the flowing locks, and pranced, watching the lapine paws that replaced her hooves. She looked upward, swiveling ears around and twitching them so she could glimpse the hare's ears that now adorned her head.

"Well. You certainly did a number on me, huh? You know, I actually like this." She grinned at her ex-mother-in-law. "Great! No more miss princess! I can adventure better like this!"

"What?! Why aren't you despairing?! Aren't you in love with my son?!" the angeni demanded, as the dream faded.

Psyche Lepa opened her eyes, and examined herself. Well, apparently, not just a dream. She grinned, as the first light crossed the horizon, and the faint sound of carnival music could be heard.

"Well, I have to say this. Hello, life, love and adventure, and goodbye to boredom and misery," she said to herself, getting to her new feet. No more mama's boys. No more being a princess. If the carnival was anything to judge by, hello to a new life, even if it involved a pole affixed to her saddle.

Well, that's how Psyche Lepa told the tale of how she came to be part of the Carousel of Night and Day. But that's just a story...no?

No more real than anything else about the dreamlike riding of wooden horses to the strains of a tinny band organ.

But, perhaps, again, as real as the horsehair tails of a carousel pony.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: It took me a while to find an idea that I wanted to play with. The rabbit was there from the get-go (dose EEEAAARRRSSS), and some vague sense of elegance and a touch of punk. It took me until I was listening to, of all things, the tenth Bleach opening after reading up on hares in Greco-Roman mythology, that I hit upon a twist on Psyche.

She's not really Psyche; mostly inspired by her. I think her mother's a romanticist; maybe Psyche Lepa, too? At any rate, I'm pretty sure the story told above is just a tall tale Psyche Lepa tells. But if parts of it are true, she's probably happier being a carousel pony than trying to be the perfect bride of her ex. And happiness is a good thing to have. 8'D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:04 pm
Username: Divena

Name of Soquili: Kott En Kandy
Temper: Bittersweet

The Story:
Quote:
Kott was your average mare, a little on the pudgy side, with a large sweet tooth. Then, one day, she was bitten by a irradiated gummy worm… no, wait… she fell into a vat of radioactive caramel… er… no, that’s not right either… Oh, alright. Nothing that interesting ever happened to Kott, until one day, she went to a carnival. Everything was just peachy. But then she saw the carousel. She fell in love with it at first sight, and immediately asked to join. But she was turned down, because she was a bit… ordinary.

Heartbroken, she ran away home and drowned her sorrows in the time honored method. A barrel of candy. The sugar overdose was too much for the dear thing, and she slipped into a sugar coma. For six months, she slept, stuck in her dreams. In that time, an unbelievable change came over her. When she awoke, she was more candy than soq. She was amazed at the change, and a more than a little conflicted. If she indulged in her favorite snacks, did that make her a cannibal?

For years, she struggled with her new appearance, until the carnival came around again. And with it came the magical carousel that she had fallen in love with. At first, she was tempted to run away from the source of her heartbreak, but she steeled herself, braced her candied heart, and approached the beautiful soqs again. So prepared for rejection, she was, that she was stunned into silence when she was graced with her very own saddle and given a place in that wonderful, magical dance.

Now, if only she could get herself to stop eating her saddle....

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Comments: I’m really, really bad at drawing x.x Sorry. The hair is supposed to be cotton candy with sprinkles, the things in her mouth are gummy worms, the little white things on the saddle are peppermints, the black and the straps are licorice, and the chain thing around her leg are gumballs.  

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 am
Username: Novablu and Moomoolattecha~

Name of Soquili: Kitten {"day" side played by Moo} and Kissa {"night" side played by Nova}
Temper: Two-Faced

The Story:
Quote:
She came from nowhere. All she remembers is the sound of screams, shrill and terror-stricken; she remembers the gurgle of blood bubbling in some innocent person's throat; she remembers the smell of death, a sweet temptation that she couldn't quite resist.

And a single word, a child's cry, begging and tiny and frail: Please. And then darkness, as far as the mind could see. She was neither alive nor dead, but in a state of inbetween. She could feel the way her mind spun and tugged and jerked and cried as two halves of herself--two separate identities--were born...

The glow surrounded her, swirling orbs of energy, pulsating at her side, never leaving her as she came into being. Nameless yet, but not a kitten. She was large, powerful, sleek. A well-tuned machine, claws extending out into the earth as she flexed. Her forked tail flicked and the soulfire flickered in time.

A smile curved her lips up, twisting the markings on her face into a terrible expression. The flutter of wings broke the silence of the night and the mare jerked, alarm flaring through her. She saw a large stallion with wings that spanned miles it seemed, and with one flare of her nostrils, she could smell the blood pulsing through his veins. Delicious... What the hell?

This time, a tendril of fear licked through her--she wanted, so badly, to take a bite of the tender-smelling stallion even as he greeted her. "Welcome, my darling..." He purred, stepping closer. He was decked out in silvers and golds. Something shone from the length of his saddle, reflecting her soulfire.

Just a taste, her mind urged, but she clenched her teeth together. Her body trembled but she forced back the sudden hunger, eyes wide and pained; she was no murderer! And yet, a low dark laugh sounded in her head--her own voice, but she wasn't laughing. You might not be...but I am.

"Who are you?" she asked the winged, mirrored angeni and he smiled broad. "And where...where am I?" She spared a quick glance around, slitted eyes focusing on the dark silhouettes behind him--twisted, tangled things dotted by pinpricks of light like the stars had come to grace the shadows.

"I am Rinden, the Ringleader." His own smile was cheery, but edged in fangs. "And this," he extended a wing out to the depths of the shadows behind him and she saw eyes. Eyes that reflected back the fire at her sides, eerie, and a chill raced down her spine. She wasn't a freak and yet... Her heart gave a pang. "This is the Carnivale of the Day and Night."

He stepped forward, wing lifting to reveal the mirrors dangling from his saddle and she leaned down to look at herself through tiny shards of silver. A face she didn't recognize stared back at her, grin stretched wide. "No..." she whispered, taken aback. Yes... said the voice in her mind.

"You were chosen," Rinden said softly. "Because you are beautiful and you are one of us."

"Ours..." chanted the shadows with their eyes, and she shivered. Their call was a symphony to her lost soul. She wanted to run, but she also wanted to stay.

Face it, Kitten, said her mind-voice. We're a freak like the rest of them.

She bit down hard as another wave of yearning--and hunger--roared through her. Rinden stared on, empathetic and knowing, and she folded her ears back. Maybe she was a freak... "It is not a bad thing," Rinden smiled as if reading her mind. "You have power here. Maybe, one day, you'll come to be a Ringleader yourself..."

She stared hard at her reflection, staring back at her, and the smallest of smiles graced her lips. "Maybe you're right."

"My dear," he said, wrapping a wing around her shoulders. "Rinden is always right. Now let’s get you settled in. They can't wait to meet you."

The being in her head laughed, soft, and the mare had a feeling that her life was going to spiral out of control. Darkness or light? Which side would she take--or did she even have a choice?

Not a chance in hell...

The Lovely Mare:
User Image

Comments The story was written by Novablu and the pet was drawn by Moo (the design our combined effort).

Kinda idea-spawned from the Japanese nekomata and the legend of Anansi (spider god).

Note that she'll be co-owned and has two separate personalities; night and day. Night will be played by one of us and is the darker, more twisted side. Day played by the other, gentler but coming into her power. Conflicted by her dark side's bloodlust and her good side's needing to stay "normal". Two sides of a coin, two faces of a cat.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff