[PRP] After It All - [R. Blossom x E. Brulee]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:26 am
Royal Blossoms hoof falls echoed loudly in the empty house. Not long ago the place was full of noise. Tiny hoof beats, arguing, laughing, voices calling back and forth. Parenthood had taken Bru and her by surprise just barely a year ago. At the start she'd had her doubts, completely unsure of her ability to parent. But together they'd managed to raise three foals with a unexpected fourth brought into the fold. There were so many memories here. Noble nearly burning the place down with candles, Wisp bringing home that odd dog, Stitch landing elegantly after falling off the roof, Nev in a tucked away corner so no one could see her cry after a fight.

But as soon as the quads hit adulthood they were out the door and off on their own lives. Blossom was surprised to discover she missed when the children were young. But most pressingly at the moment was not her missing her kids but her worry about what was going to happen now. Bru and Blossom had come together to raise their children, but now that they were gone, did that mean it was time for the pair to part? They had no formal commitment to each other past their foals and they hadn't really talked about what would happen once they'd all grown up. Blossom fretted. She liked Brulee, more then liked.

As much as it made her nervous to do so, the unicorn resolved to talk to pegasus later in the evening while he had his coffee.

zippedsiren
I know your laptop is broken so no rush! I just had a start for this thing in my head and I went on to post it up while I had the zeal to do it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 am
If there was one thing that Espresso Brulee loved, it was peace and quiet. He enjoyed the calm, serene stillness of the house. It was a gentle calmness, like a comfortable chair. How clean everything was without messy hoofprints on the walls. The Pegasus could just relax, curl up with a hot cup of coffee and read the newspaper. There was nothing to interrupt his thoughts at all.

It wasn’t that he didn’t love his family. Bru adored his children. There were certain things he wasn’t too fond of, like when Wisp forgot to walk the dog and he stepped into an accidental puddle. There was the odd invention of Wicked’s that didn’t really turn out, and resulted in a catastrophic mess. He definitely didn’t miss the haunting soulless eyes of one of Nevermore’s dolls; there was just something unsettling about it. The smell of things burning upstairs; there were many cases where Bru was glad to have a rest. Still, he loved them each and was proud to see them grow up and move on.

The children grew up so quickly; it had been quite a while since the house was stirring and loud with the sounds of life. Stillness was something that the brown Pegasus had become a little accustomed to again. He settled easily into it. But, Bru did not have the same worries that Royal had. While their romance was somewhat of a whirlwind, very quickly saddled into parenthood, he never even thought to question what would happen next. He was mostly content in life. Happily running a business, always eager to come home and relax. Mostly, he was just content to spend quality time with Royal, alone.

Carrying a serving tray from the kitchen, Bru sat down in an arm chair ready for another easy evening.
Astraea Pandora
Got it all fixed up! Back to normal! YAY

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:00 pm
Royal Blossom swept into the living room after Bru had settled, climbing onto the couch and leaning over the arm of it, looking up at the pegasus. She wasn't sure how she was going to approach this conversation. Instead she bided her time, head resting on crossed hooves.

"Bru...?" she said quietly. "Hey Bru..?" she flushed softly. "Will...will you move in with me?" She thought about what she'd just said and added to it. "I mean, formally? I mean, well, you know, we never really ever talked about what we were going to do after the children and I just..." Blossom's nose crinkled, none of this was coming out right.

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 pm
Astraea Pandora
sorry it's small! On my phone at work smile ]

The Pegasus was deeply ingrained in his reading and coffee sipping. At first he only nodded in response to Royal's attempt to get his attention, followed by an "mmhmmmm".

Bru couldn't help but chuckle at Royal's question. For him, they had been living together for a year, regardless of children. He never considered their situation to not be obvious. "That's silly," Bru glanced up from reading to actually look at her, given that his reaction. " We already live together. I had no intentions of going anywhere without you. I thought that was clear, but if you need me to say it. We are officially living together as of......... Now."  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 am
"Yes! No! Er...yes but no! I mean.." Royal tripped over the words her brain was trying to churn out. She shook her head. "I mean, I'm glad. Good, it really..makes me happy to hear that from you." Her voice soften and her eyes were shiny with tears. "I mean..I don't know what I would do if you...I mean.." She looked away shyly, she'd never said the words out loud. "Because..I love you Bru." Her face was nearly the shade of her hair. "I love you and I can't imagine life without you anymore..and I just...I just to say that, out loud, so we can both hear it! Because..I love you..so much."

A couple tears trickled down her cheek. She brushed them away quickly with her hoof.

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:54 am
Very slowly and gently, Bru put down his reading and his cup. He wasn’t the most comfortable phony when it came to feelings, especially for expressing them. He could be eloquent when needed, but mostly he was a reserved sort. Royal’s emotional burst came with mixed feelings. He couldn’t bear to see tears in her eyes, and that silently tore at him. At the same time, he couldn’t help but smile from her words.

“As you wish, I love you too. So now we both said it and have heard it.” With a hoof, he ruffled his own hair, fidgeting. Espresso Brulee was happy to say his feelings, but that didn’t mean he was that comfortable about doing it. His smile faded to a more serious face, “I hope you are not tearing up about things that haven’t or won’t happen. You shouldn’t worry, I don’t believe you’ll have to live a life without me again…. Unless that’s what you might want.” He never really thought about it till now, but it was possible that maybe at some point she might change her mind.
“Should you change your mind. Though I do not know what I would do without you either.”

Bru got up from his chair, and moved to comfort Royal. He nuzzled into her hair and pulled her in a close embrace.
Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:33 am
Royal buried her face into Bru's neck, sniffling. The strong scent of coffee wafted out of his fur, but his mane still had trace notes of something sweeter smelling, maybe some of the confections they served. This is what Bru smelled like. The stallions arms were strong and his embrace tight, his fur soft. This what he felt like. Royal's body shook with a renewed sob. It had never occurred to her so strongly how much she loved these smells, these sensations, and the very idea of never being able to smell his cappuccino fur or kiss his coffee flavored lips made her chest tighten painfully.

"Promise?" she murmured, her voice heavy with tears. "Promise we can be together always?"

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:59 pm
His heart melted in their embrace. For a stallion that was normally so put together and a bit stoic, he had a difficult time just getting a few words out. Though he smiled, he clung to Royal like he never wanted to let go.

“Promise, always.” Once promised, he was sure to find a way to make it happen, no matter what.

Astraea Pandora
now is as good a time as any to finish these up and get back into things : D

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out