Submit

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:22 am
So delicious, yet so expensive. [Not to mention hard to get if you don't have a local Asian store / anime shop / Unwilling to buy these things online]

In my high school years I was lucky I had two different places I was able to visit. One place not too far from home called Masquerade Games, and one a nearby mall called China Capital Arts. It was from these places I got my pocky, and ramune. [[There were other places to sell these things, Suncoast where I got my very first box of Pocky which eventually closed, and FYE which actually has a small anime section. I rarely go there however.]]

I love Masquerede Games so much. I don't remember how many items I got from this shop. Not only was there ramune, but pocky. Some very unique pocky too. I remember this one it was like chocolate and strawberry together. It was the best thing ever. Didn't see it again since then. But it was a very good pocky. I once got a whole lot of Ramune from a friend's birthday party.

Eventually they closed, and I was sad...

There was still China Capital Arts. It wasn't just anime, but that was okay. They still had plenty of anime stuff. Plus, not being all anime made it even more interesting. I remember actually finding the albums for Kingdom Hearts 1, and 2 there. They didn't actually close, but moved to another location. One that was too far away for me.

Luckily local grocery stores started selling pocky. But for Ramune I had to go to FYE. Once Meijer sold Ramune.... it wasn't really that good. [Rather is was a knock off] Either way I couldn't try anything new. [[At least if it wasn't sold by FYE. Either way I don't go there too often anyway]]

But last weekend I found out something interesting. China Captial Arts is located at another mall. A fit further than the first one. But still close enough for me to visit once in a while.

I went there over the weekend. It was so big compared to the first location. Double the size. They had so many things I wanted to buy. One thing I wanted the most were these Sailor Moon necklaces. I didn't get any since I was trying to stick to a budget. So I got a travel mug for when I drink coffee at work. And a bunch of snacks. But what was so amazing is how many different kinds of Ramune they had. I would have bought some if the cashier didn't forget to ring them up when I was done shopping. sweatdrop

Went to Godiva after. Got some chocolate. Still didn't eat most of them.

Then Teavana afterwards. The girl working there was very interesting. [Or at least the one that got me my tea, and rang me up.] I noticed the Attack on Titan pins she wore. She also seems to have the same taste in tea as me. The people there just seem really interesting. [[Got three different types as there was a sale. Sakura Allure, Strawberry Blush, and Blackberry Mihito]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:33 am
You're in Michigan, right? Assuming you're near the southeast (where both IANAC and I are from), there's this HUGE asian market that my friends took me to in Ypsilanti a couple of times. It's called Hua Xing Asia Market, and it has anything you could ever want in terms of food and little collectibles. And it's not all strictly Japanese, either, though their Japanese selection is quite impressive. Decent prices, too. It might be a bit far depending on where you are, but it's definitely worth a once-in-a-while trek. 3nodding

There's also a smaller, all-Japanese grocer in Novi called One World Market. That place is really cool too, but a bit more expensive.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 am
I'm so jealous! cat_crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:18 pm
Hiddochi wolf
You're in Michigan, right? Assuming you're near the southeast (where both IANAC and I are from), there's this HUGE asian market that my friends took me to in Ypsilanti a couple of times. It's called Hua Xing Asia Market, and it has anything you could ever want in terms of food and little collectibles. And it's not all strictly Japanese, either, though their Japanese selection is quite impressive. Decent prices, too. It might be a bit far depending on where you are, but it's definitely worth a once-in-a-while trek. 3nodding

There's also a smaller, all-Japanese grocer in Novi called One World Market. That place is really cool too, but a bit more expensive.
Yep, I actually don't live too far from Detroit in fact. I'll give those places a look to see if the driving distance is decent.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items