Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 pm
This is a private roleplay between Belloblossom (me) and Novablu.

If you are neither me, nor Nova, please don't post here!
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 pm
User Image

Damian

There was only one reason that Damian and Tenzin ever separated from each other. Damian needed to go hunting. It was not an occurrence that happened regularly, but when Damian couldn't restrain his natural carnivorous spirit, he had to separate from his herbivore companion. Nuts and berries were tolerable, but the taste of a squirrel, or a sparrow, or a mouse... That's something that wasn't easy to forget.

While other wolves may've been taught by their parents during some part of their lives, Damian had never gotten the opportunity. His hunting methods were purely instinctual and rather clumsy, but he always managed to catch something, in one form or another.

On this particular occasion, Damian had managed to find himself following a rather curious scent. It did not seem like a prey scent, but it did seem rather familiar, in some aspect. As he drew closer to the strange scent, he was able to identify what it was. He was catching the scent of another wolf! He stopped, wondering if this other wolf was friendly or whether it would be hostile. The only encounters he'd had with hostile wolves were his own parents, he reminded himself. If he could survive them, he could certainly survive a newcomer.

After proceeding forward, he followed his nose to the location of the wolf. At first, he was uncertain if the creature he was staring at really was a wolf, and not some sort of insect. For goodness sake, the critter had wings sprouting from its back! No... It wasn't an it, it was in fact a wolf, and it was also a her. The first she-wolf she'd seen since he left his family, and what a beauty she was. Even with the glowing red markings along his flanks and tail, he felt dull next to her.

After he closed his mouth which had fallen open at the sight of her, he cleared his throat softly. He had to address her, to speak to her, to greet her somehow--
Damian was cut off by the loud growl of his stomach, which caused his ears to flatten in embarrassment. Oh, the other wolf must've heard such an audible complaint, how foolish he must seem. Time to finish what his stomach started.

"Hello, hello. I was just walking by, and it's, er... It's been some time since I've eaten. Do you happen to be acquainted with this area? Maybe you could point me in the direction of a good plentiful prey area?"

Novablu
Let's get this started! yum_puddi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:41 pm
User ImagePooka longed for...something. She wasn't quite sure what that 'something' was, exactly, just that it was currently missing in her life. She'd long since left her familial pack behind, the wolves who'd raised her and taught her everything that made her the wolf she was today. She oftentimes found herself missing them, having left them and her littermates as a mere pup, when she met a spindly-legged pink colt in the woods. One adventure and a friendship later, she and Domovoi--half-angeni protector-in-training--became bonded and she hadn't left his side since.

Well, that was a lie; currently, she wasn't at his side...but she had a reason. Honestly, seeing him and his mate Niobe sharing warm fuzzies and nuzzles and secret smiles, the product of realizing their affections for each other, it was kind of...saddening. She loved Domovoi and she wanted the best for him, and if Niobe made him happy? She wanted him to have that. But...

It had always been just him and her in the wintertime, breaking away to train, to hunt, to...live. She looked forwards to each and every winter, crisp air and fluffy fur and warm smiles. And now he had Niobe. He wasn't coming away with her this winter. While she understood, it hurt.

So she'd struck off on her own today, lost in thought as she wondered what--exactly--she wanted with her life. She wouldn't be young forever. She wanted to find that same spark with someone that her bonded had with his mate...but when was there any time? She sighed--and then nearly walked into a dark-pelted wolf.

Jerking back, Pooka's nostrils flared at the scent of another wolf, gaping at her. She blinked wide eyes at him, as surprised as he seemed, before her pale cheeks pinkened with a blush. "O-oh! I'm sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts--" she spoke, somehow at the same exact time as the smoky-hued male. She clapped her maw shut to listen to his plea; hunger.

Then she smiled. Her head tipped to one side, regarding him. "Of course, sure. Are you not from around here? Um...sorry, that was pushy..." She pulled her ears back and laughed, almost breathlessly. "I'm Pooka."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm
User Image

Damian

Damian must've not been loud enough for the she-wolf to hear him, because the two wolves soon collided! He let out noise of surprise, and took a few steps back, his fur heating with embarrassment. He hadn't ever had a she-wolf that close before, and he was rather flustered as a result. Well, not unless you count when he and his sister, Hane were pups and used to play fight with one another.

Had she been so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't realized he was there? Well, that was hardly new to him. He often had to watch himself around his bonded's hooves, for Tenzin didn't always watch for where he was stepping. He should've been more alert with this she-wolf too, but he'd gotten distracted by her beauty, as embarrassing as that was to admit to himself.

When she asked him if he wasn't from around this area, he shook his head.
"Well, no, I live here." He explained to her, "I just don't hunt very often, and every time I try an old hunting location, the prey seems to have traveled somewhere else." He offered the pretty she-wolf a sheepish smile, and perked his ears when she introduced herself. "Pleasure to meet you, Pooka. My name is Damian."

Novablu

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:55 pm
Pooka took a step back and tilted her head to one side as he took, giggling softly to herself at his sheepish demeanor; it had been so long since she'd been around pack. This little engagement might be fun, or at least she hoped so. Brightening, she raced in a circle around him, her tail wagging. Overzealous? Maybe a bit.

"Oh, I get it." She smiled a bright smile at him and bobbed her head in a nod. "I can hunt; it's kind of what I do. It's fun!" she barked. "Come with me? I...could show you where I go? And, um, I could help if you wanted it?" She didn't want to assume he was a poor hunter; he looked like a strong, capable male. Maybe he didn't like killing? She didn't really, but with the training she went through, she needed to have enough food. "Damian. I like it, it suits you."

She flicked her tail in a quick wag, then motioned for him to follow her, and sprinted off into the woods, slipping between trees with liquid grace and a seemingly endless amount of energy. Her feather-thin wings fluttered behind her as she circled him again. "C'mon!"

belloblossom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:24 pm
User Image

Damian

It was a pleasant surprise to find that the she-wolf that he'd bumped into was so friendly, and he let out a small sigh of relief when she offered to show him where the prey was. When she offered to show help him hunt, he got warm with embarrassment. Did he look that out of practice? Sure, he hadn't been properly taught how to hunt, having left his pack at a young age, but he had been able to catch rabbits in the past before. Yes, it was mostly guess work and yes, he relied heavily on instinct, but was that so bad?

"Thank you, Pooka." He replied, remembering his manners, "I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction."

The red markings along his back seemed to glow in his embarrassment, and a second wave hit him when Pooka complimented his name. He wasn't sure how a name could suit him, but he was pleased with the flattering comment, for he did not often get them.

When she suddenly bounded away, he seemed at a loss on how to follow her. Luckily for him, she circled him a second time, and he leaped after her, enchanted with her wings as they fluttered behind her. Perhaps it was loneliness for not being with another wolf for so long that made him feel so happy to be with her, or perhaps she was just brilliant. Whichever of the two it was, he was happy that they had bumped into one another, and he was looking forward to see how the hunt would turn out.

Novablu

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers