[PRP] Learning (Piripi x Rustleif)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:32 am
Humming to himself, the pink-maned lion was out wandering again, hoping to encounter someone new within the pride that he could speak with. So far he'd been having fantastic luck meeting amiable souls. Adopting a friendly smile, he nodded to those he saw working as he passed. He'd find them later when they weren't busy and talk to them then.

After some time wandering, he saw a lioness who didn't seem to be working. Or at least, he hoped she wasn't. Still, it wouldn't hurt to just say hello, would it?

Raising his voice just enough for it to reach her ears, he paused on the path and nodded his head in her direction.

"Good morning, miss! Beautiful day, don't you think?"

Lithiasaur
Ta da!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:35 am
Twilight Jaws

Rust was surprised by the voice, having not been paying enough attention to her surroundings to hear his approach. As a freeborn, she was not too worried about the males around here, though she heard some interesting stories. This one, at least, seemed rather nice, and she had never seen the likes of him before.

She tilted her head and took in his appearance, bold enough to not care that he could tell what she was doing.

"Well, hello there," she said, with a grin.

She was actually a very friendly and warm lioness, for a Viking. Sure, she had some gruff personality traits, but she came from a nice family of support and love, and that was always going to stay with her. She was happy to meet others and make friends.

"It is a nice day, isn't it? What are you out and about for, my friend?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:41 am
Delighted that the lioness seemed friendly, Piripi closed the distance between them, amused at how closely she looked at him. Well, he supposed that given his bright colors and unusual markings, it was quite understandable.

"Oh, just acquainting myself with the pride," he answered breezily. "I'm still fairly new and trying to settle myself. And the weather being so nice, I thought I'd explore a bit. How about yourself, miss?"

He turned a look of smiling curiosity on her before remembering his manners.

"Ah, my pardon, I should introduce myself. I'm Piripi."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:00 am
Twilight Jaws

"Not from around here, then? I might have guessed. You don't look like you're from these parts."

She chuckled, thinking his colors were wonderful. She had not seen a bright lion like him before, and she was very much a fan of the look. She smiled at him, flicking her tail in curiosity and interest as he came closer.

"My name is Rustleif. It's very nice to meet you, Piripi. You have such nice manners! That's a rare find around here, sometimes. The Reavers can be such pigs, honestly. But I guess when you're out raiding and fighting all day, some bad habits get picked up."

She shook her head, not too impressed by Reavers, most of the time. She did not have much experience with them, but still. She much preferred nice lions to mean ones, any day.

"I was just wasting some time, really. I don't have too much going on. Well, I didn't, but now I've run into you!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:16 am
Preening slightly under what seemed to be her approval, Piripi gave Rustleif a courtly bow before chuckling.

"I'm glad someone approves of my manners! The first lion I tried to challenge told me manners wouldn't get me anywhere within the pride. I'm very happy to meet you and learn that he was wrong about that, at least."

Still smiling, he ventured a bit of a wink at her as he continued to speak.

"I can't really say I'm from anywhere in particular. I've been wandering a long time. Though I can honestly say that this places beats all the places I passed through hollow. And," he continued, eyes twinkling, "perhaps you wouldn't mind if I joined you in your time wasting?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:35 pm
Twilight Jaws

Rust chuckled at his bow, dipping her head in return. How very gallant he was! She liked him, she decided. She was not shy, but she was also not very experienced. Maybe she was headstrong because of it: but this was fun, and she was enjoying herself. She did not see anything wrong in that, so she was going to pursue it.

And him, if she could.

"Well, whoever that was is probably a nobody, anyway. Manners will always take you farther, because it will make you more friends. And allies are definitely needed in a place like this, as much as strength alone."

It was certainly working for her, anyway.

She stood and padded over to him, swinging her tail as she passed and brushing his leg, then looking back over her shoulder at him coyly.

"I think we could come up with some things to do. Have you eaten recently? I was considering a hunt."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:48 am
Inwardly, Piripi could have danced. Here was a discerning lady who not only appreciated his manners, but encouraged them. Grinning widely, he fell easily into step with her.

Just in time for his stomach to growl loudly when she mentioned a hunt. Laughing a little at himself, he shook his head.

"I supposed that's your answer, Rustleif. I'd be happy to do some hunting, I'm famished!"

It had been such a long time since he'd hunted with anyone else. With luck, he wouldn't end up ruining their chances at some tasty prey.

Lithiasaur
I fail, I am so sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 am
Twilight Jaws
You don't fail, it's okaaay =]

She heard his stomach growl and gave him a look, laughing as she did so. It was not an unfamiliar sound, of course: her stomach could be quite vocal when she ignored it for too long, but it was funny that his had such good timing. He must not have had anything to eat, which worked in her favor.

She would have more time to get to know him, and she was already enjoying herself. She could be easy going as far as acquaintances went, and she was always eager to get to know someone new. Especially a handsome male.

So she had some weak points.

It didn't take the duo long to find a good hunting spot, with a small herd just waiting for them. She watched the herd for a bit, trying to decide which one to pick off, but with patience one wandered a bit away from the others.

"I think we can get that one if we work together," she said, though it was bigger than what she usually went for alone. But hey, there were two lions hunting, and they were both hungry. Why not make the most of it?

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:38 am
Ah, now this was pleasant, he thought. Fine company and the prospect of a hunt. Piripi churred softly to himself before going silent to watch the herd. Eyes moving to the beast Rustleif had pointed out, the lion considered their chances.

"We'll need to keep it from rejoining the herd, but I do believe you're right."

Glancing over, he offered a quick smile before allowing his attention to wander back to the herdbeast.

"How do you want to do this? This is your land, I'll follow your lead."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am
Twilight Jaws

"Oh yes, because I live here I must know how to hunt better than you. It's different where you live, right?" She grinned at him, shaking her head. "Why are males always so funny about hunting? I don't know what you guys do without a female in your life, or how you survive."

She sighed and swished her tail behind her, though her tone was light and joking.

"You go that way and cut it off. I'm going to move around the other side and chase it to you, okay? You leap on it and I'll get it from behind to help bring it down. We should be more than enough for it, I think. Okay, I'm going over there."

She gave him a wink before she scooted off, as quickly but as quietly as she could. The straggler had gotten pretty far from the herd now, so she was confident they would be able to chase it down. She waited for a moment, though she could not see him or if he had gotten into position, then took a running leap for the immediately terrified animal. It ran the way she wanted it to, and she chased it diligently, though it was much faster than she was at a sprint.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 am
"Well, the terrain is a bit different from where I grew up," he answered mildly before giving the female a charming smile. "I'm simply deferring to the expert."

Nodding sharply at her words, Piripi tipped Rustleif a wink before hurrying to the spot she'd indicated. Oh yes, he thought. He could easily leap on the prey from here. Crouching a bit to watch as Rustlief leapt for the beast. Simply beautiful.

Well, breakfast wasn't going to catch itself. Tensing his muscles, he counted under his breath, timing the prey-beast as it bolted. Tail twitching, he shifted his weight a smidge. Almost... almost... there!

Teeth and claws bared, Piripi leapt for the startled animal, silently rejoicing as his appearance seemed to confuse the poor, stupid thing, causing it to stumble just enough for him to leap and scrabble onto its back. Sinking his claws into the tough hide, he moved quickly, not wanting to be bucked off. Opening his mouth wide, he sank his teeth into the back of the prey's neck, clamping down and holding on grimly.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:37 pm
Twilight Jaws

Rust smiled at him and nodded her head, thinking it was a diplomatic answer. She was being mean, teasing him because she was so interested in his company, but she could not help the playful tone she was taking.

She had never really felt this way before, but she could not complain about it. It was... nice. Very nice.

her thoughts were focused on the hunt after that, of course, once she was chasing after the animal. She was surprised by how quick on his feet he was, and he was able to bring their meal down without much effort. She caught up and leaped on it, but he had already managed to kill it by the time she got there. She laughed as she climbed down, looking at him in wonder.

"You're stronger than you look. That's not to say you don't look strong. You do, very fit and capable and uh..." she frowned, embarrassing herself.

"Well, anyway, at least we have food now. Good job! I think i'll keep you around, just to help me hunt."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 am
Only once he was absolutely certain that breakfast was dead did he release his grip on the animal's neck. Yawning widely to stretch his jaw, he grinned at the female and bowed his head a tiny bit in pleased embarrassment. He wasn't used to compliments anymore. Oh, he loved them, yes. But he wasn't used to them.

"I suppose I am," he said softly. "I never really thought about it before. Though I must say it was nice having a hunting partner for once. I'll be happy to help you hunt anytime."

Eyes flickering between the food and Rustleif, Piripi wondered just how much longer he could remain polite with hsi stomach loudly demanding to be filled.

"Erm... ladies first?" he said, waving a paw at breakfast.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:49 am
Twilight Jaws
We could probably wrap it up soon!

"I think we made a good team. We'll have to make this more common a thing, hm? See what other things we'll be good at together." She grinned at him innocently enough, though she couldn't help the giggle that escaped her. She was pumped from the hunt, and she was having a lot of fun.

There was no harm in a little more flirting, was there? Anyway, she did mean what she said, even if it had a bit of a silly edge to it.

Maybe she was harping too much on the wanting to see him again bit, but short of flat out telling him so, she wasn't sure how else to get the idea out there. At least he said he would like to help her again, so that was a good paw in the right direction.

She chuckled, pretending not to hear his stomach, and moved to eat. She looked up at him expectantly, indicating he should join her and not wait for her. She did not mind sharing, after all. And he was clearly about to fall over if he didn't eat, from the sounds coming out of his stomach.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:15 am
Politely ignoring the odd little giggle that escaped from her, Piripi smiled and moved for the food, sinking his teeth into the meat happily. For a moment, he concentrated on taking the edge from his hunger. Only once he was sure that his manners wouldn't suffer did he venture to speak again.

"Oh, this is lovely," he said. "I can't begin to tell you how much I've missed joint hunts and the like."

Smiling again, this time with an added twinkle in his brightly colored eyes, he playfully bumped his nose against her shoulder.

"I'll be happy to join you whenever you'd like my company, Rustleif. We do seem to make a good team and such things should be encouraged."

Lithiasaur
I think you're right!

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces