Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Ok (SEMOK PLZ READ), how would we see if we had slit pupils?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How would we see differently?
  Nothing at all. We would all see the same.
  The slit would cause blurs except for top and bottom
  Maybe see better in the dark
  Significant difference, like distortions
  I dunno...too weird
  It would be kinda different but very slight
View Results

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm
Not just catered towards the psychology freak (semok) but all of you to.

I always wanted to know what it would be like if we had slit shaped pupils like cats instead of circles, and how it would make us see differently. What do you think?

I'm sure Semok could provide somewhat of an answer. But I dunno. I heard that the slit pupil only makes you see better up and down cuz of the slit but in lower lighting it is near the same as us since it is more circular. I dunno. Eyes are weird. But dogs have round pupils but foxes have slits. So what if some humans had slits? How would they see differently?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 pm
if we had cat eyes we would see what cats see.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:02 pm
I am like 90% certain that it would cause slight better vision in dark. But that's it. Also in high lighting like outside, it would cause blurryness in left and right but clearness in central and up and down. Due to the shape. Since round pupils, we see good outside in central but edges may be blurry. I dunno.

I heard that males see good only in central but edges and peripheral are sorta blurry, where women see central and edges clearly. I dunno.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 pm
cool4
But they are different. Differnet structure and color vision. I heard they can't see well from far away. Lots of blurryness and of course not as much color as we do. So humans would see like that to if they had slits?  

Zombie Girl Ali

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:06 pm
Zombie Girl Ali
cool4
But they are different. Differnet structure and color vision. I heard they can't see well from far away. Lots of blurryness and of course not as much color as we do. So humans would see like that to if they had slits?

Likely, though it also depends if the other parts of the eye stay the same, or if our eyes were literally replaced with cat eyes.

the pupil deals with how the eye takes in light, so that would change how we see things distance,/blurryness

If cones and rods stay as human cones and rods we may have the same color vision.

If such an eye is possible.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:17 pm
cool4
Zombie Girl Ali
cool4

Likely, though it also depends if the other parts of the eye stay the same, or if our eyes were literally replaced with cat eyes.

the pupil deals with how the eye takes in light, so that would change how we see things distance,/blurryness

If cones and rods stay as human cones and rods we may have the same color vision.

So yeah since we have 3 cones and stuff. Like weird vampire ppl who have slits in stuff (I know it's fiction), do they see differently than us? Well of course I know they have better night vision but still, see mostly the same?

Pupil just determines light right? SO the slit just makes the light enter differnetly right and may cause blurriness right?  

Zombie Girl Ali

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:10 pm
Zombie Girl Ali
cool4
Zombie Girl Ali
cool4

So yeah since we have 3 cones and stuff. Like weird vampire ppl who have slits in stuff (I know it's fiction), do they see differently than us? Well of course I know they have better night vision but still, see mostly the same?

Pupil just determines light right? SO the slit just makes the light enter differnetly right and may cause blurriness right?

basically, the shape of the pupil will effect how light hits the retina.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:15 pm
I feel like just havin' different shaped pupils wouldn't make too terribly much of a difference in how we see, since, as it's already been said, the pupil is just in charge of how much light is let into the eye. If anythin', it would be the cornea that makes more of a difference. If you ever look at a cat from the side of it's head, you'll see that it has a much thicker cornea (the clear layer above the eye, pretty much). And if I remember correctly, it's the retina, or some shiny layer behind the retina, of a cat's eyes that plays the important role in bein' able to see better in the dark, but I could be rememberin' wrong.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 am
Semok
I feel like just havin' different shaped pupils wouldn't make too terribly much of a difference in how we see, since, as it's already been said, the pupil is just in charge of how much light is let into the eye. If anythin', it would be the cornea that makes more of a difference. If you ever look at a cat from the side of it's head, you'll see that it has a much thicker cornea (the clear layer above the eye, pretty much). And if I remember correctly, it's the retina, or some shiny layer behind the retina, of a cat's eyes that plays the important role in bein' able to see better in the dark, but I could be rememberin' wrong.
So what does a thicker cornea do? sad I dunno.

I would think that the pupil wouldn't matter much since like I said in first post, in like high light like outside, we'd see much better up and down but not left and right due to the | shape. But I noticed in my mom's cats that in like normal settings like in the house, i noticed that her cat's eyes are like really weird like their pupils look like mostly big circles mostly and not much of a slit at all. Like their pupils are dilated in like normal light settings. Makes me think about how they see....probably really blurry since the pupils are like circles and I saw a visual field comparison for a cat and it looks like they need glasses.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 am
And the pupils might really do matter. I do take lots of benadryl the night before I go to work as a sleep aid to get me to sleep, but once I get to work I still sometimes felt soo weird. What is even weirder is that once I go outside it is just soo bright that it feels terrible, like OMG have to get back inside. Soo weird. but it could be because my pupils may be soo dilated all the time due to the drugs as a sleep aid it is causing that. Not to mention that when I am not outside, things inside do MOSTLY seem the same....I dunno.

Looking through druggie zombie brown eyes with a medium/large pupil. Seems the same but not as good. I dunno, I make myself so high all the time when I get off work it is crazy that what I see may not even be normal anymore.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:54 am
Yes it sucks that since my pupils let in too might light but don't need it at all, (apparently being high tricks the eye into letting in too much light which is why pupils are soo dilated when high)  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games