Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
It's finally getting cold! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:50 pm
TheRob
kaybelle27

Oh he's a cuddler alright. The problem is when it's time for work and we have to get out from under the covers. We don't accomplish much on chilly days. The bathroom is much worse since you're wet when you get out and I take super hot showers. I like the idea of PREheating the bathroom. Why did I never think of that?!
I wish I could take hotter showers. I have 2 bathrooms and both showers are having problems getting to 95 degrees or above (I have temperature thingies on the shower heads). And although slightly below 95 may seem like a big number, the water doesn't really get warm enough on cold days until it is at least 95...and then there's the issue of trying to get it to stay at 95 or above for the duration. sweatdrop

So that's why I've been trying to heat up the room instead since I can't really heat up the water much more unless I want to spend some hundreds to have a plumber fix it. stressed
It sounds to me like the water heater is poorly calibrated or something. My brother set ours hotter than the recommended temperature because of his love of hot showers. It's too bad he doesn't accept side work, otherwise I'd ask him to give you a hand with the water heater. Good luck with all of that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 pm
Zelexia
TheRob
kaybelle27

Oh he's a cuddler alright. The problem is when it's time for work and we have to get out from under the covers. We don't accomplish much on chilly days. The bathroom is much worse since you're wet when you get out and I take super hot showers. I like the idea of PREheating the bathroom. Why did I never think of that?!
I wish I could take hotter showers. I have 2 bathrooms and both showers are having problems getting to 95 degrees or above (I have temperature thingies on the shower heads). And although slightly below 95 may seem like a big number, the water doesn't really get warm enough on cold days until it is at least 95...and then there's the issue of trying to get it to stay at 95 or above for the duration. sweatdrop

So that's why I've been trying to heat up the room instead since I can't really heat up the water much more unless I want to spend some hundreds to have a plumber fix it. stressed
It sounds to me like the water heater is poorly calibrated or something. My brother set ours hotter than the recommended temperature because of his love of hot showers. It's too bad he doesn't accept side work, otherwise I'd ask him to give you a hand with the water heater. Good luck with all of that.
What's weird is the sink water seems to get plenty hot. It's just the showers that have problems... confused

I should check into my water heater though. It's got a sticker on it that it was last checked in I think 2004. stressed sweatdrop  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 pm
kaybelle27
I don't like for the water to be below 120!
burning_eyes

I think my skin might burn at that temp. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm
TheRob
kaybelle27
burning_eyes

I think ours is set to 134°F right now. mrgreen  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:25 pm
Zelexia
TheRob
kaybelle27
burning_eyes

I think ours is set to 134°F right now. mrgreen
You people with your warm showers! emotion_kirakira

Mine got up to 97 earlier. I was content enough with that...for the 2 or so minutes it was able to get up that high. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:14 pm
It was warm enough that I was able to take a shower with 83 degree water and not feel the need to make it higher. O.O  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:34 am
TheRob
It was warm enough that I was able to take a shower with 83 degree water and not feel the need to make it higher. O.O
Congrats?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:27 am
Zelexia
TheRob
Congrats?

*takes a bow* mrgreen  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items