Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
It's finally getting cold! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaman Slate

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 am
I'm in Miami. it just finally started getting chilly here. not a fan of the cold though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm
They said on the news that Orlando tied or surpassed it's old coldest record for the day today, which was back from like 1993 or 1995 or something.  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:52 pm
I'm no longer in Florida. We got legit snow for the first time tonight! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:51 pm
I'm glad it's getting warmer again! I like it to be 70 but anything colder is too nippy for me. And when it's cold my cat gets under the covers and I wake up with fur in my face rofl  

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:30 pm
kaybelle27
I'm glad it's getting warmer again! I like it to be 70 but anything colder is too nippy for me. And when it's cold my cat gets under the covers and I wake up with fur in my face rofl
Yeah, 70's is good. emotion_yatta It was 60's in my house the last couple weeks or so and I had to wear a hoodie indoors. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:04 pm
TheRob
kaybelle27
Yeah, 70's is good. emotion_yatta It was 60's in my house the last couple weeks or so and I had to wear a hoodie indoors. lol

Yeah my boyfriend's heater is broken and it was 62 in his house last weekend. Next time I see him I'm bringing a space heater!  

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:14 pm
kaybelle27
TheRob
kaybelle27

Yeah my boyfriend's heater is broken and it was 62 in his house last weekend. Next time I see him I'm bringing a space heater!
You could always cuddle up for warmth! emotion_awesome

I tried having a blowing space heater thing facing into the bathroom because getting out of the shower was freezing. Sadly, it didn't quite work out...or maybe needed more time to warm up the bathroom. *shivers* I'll keep experimenting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 am
TheRob
I tried having a blowing space heater thing facing into the bathroom because getting out of the shower was freezing. Sadly, it didn't quite work out...or maybe needed more time to warm up the bathroom. *shivers* I'll keep experimenting. 3nodding
I have discovered that if I put the space heater inside the bathroom for approx. 10-15 minutes before taking my shower, it'll be cozy warm in there as long as the heater isn't blowing directly on me when I get out of the shower. cat_3nodding  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:38 am
Zelexia
TheRob
I have discovered that if I put the space heater inside the bathroom for approx. 10-15 minutes before taking my shower, it'll be cozy warm in there as long as the heater isn't blowing directly on me when I get out of the shower. cat_3nodding
Hmm...I'll try that. I was worried about it being too far into the bathroom that steamy moisture would get all up in the heater and plug/outlet... ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 am
TheRob
Zelexia
TheRob
Hmm...I'll try that. I was worried about it being too far into the bathroom that steamy moisture would get all up in the heater and plug/outlet... ninja
I've never had any trouble with regards to keeping my ceramic heater in the bathroom for long periods of time, but I donno about your heater.

However, it shouldn't be an issue if you properly heat the bathroom BEFORE taking your shower.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:33 am
TheRob
kaybelle27
TheRob
kaybelle27

You could always cuddle up for warmth! emotion_awesome

Oh he's a cuddler alright. The problem is when it's time for work and we have to get out from under the covers. We don't accomplish much on chilly days. The bathroom is much worse since you're wet when you get out and I take super hot showers. I like the idea of PREheating the bathroom. Why did I never think of that?!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm
kaybelle27

Oh he's a cuddler alright. The problem is when it's time for work and we have to get out from under the covers. We don't accomplish much on chilly days. The bathroom is much worse since you're wet when you get out and I take super hot showers. I like the idea of PREheating the bathroom. Why did I never think of that?!
Have you ever lived in a trailer before? The bathroom used to get soooo cold I didn't have any choice but to run a heater in there for the entire season.
Since then my financial situation has stabilized, I've moved into a really well insulated duplex. It has been much better, but I still use the space heater to preheat the bathroom if I'm sick or it's really cold outside (like 40°F or below).  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 pm
Zelexia
kaybelle27

Have you ever lived in a trailer before? The bathroom used to get soooo cold I didn't have any choice but to run a heater in there for the entire season.
Since then my financial situation has stabilized, I've moved into a really well insulated duplex. It has been much better, but I still use the space heater to preheat the bathroom if I'm sick or it's really cold outside (like 40°F or below).

Yeah my dad lived in a trailer and when I'd visit him I'd freeze (and he lives near Jacksonville so it gets really cold up there!). I'm in an apartment now and it's pretty well insulated, there's just 2 walls exposed to the outdoors.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 pm
kaybelle27

I wish I could take hotter showers. I have 2 bathrooms and both showers are having problems getting to 95 degrees or above (I have temperature thingies on the shower heads). And although slightly below 95 may seem like a big number, the water doesn't really get warm enough on cold days until it is at least 95...and then there's the issue of trying to get it to stay at 95 or above for the duration. sweatdrop

So that's why I've been trying to heat up the room instead since I can't really heat up the water much more unless I want to spend some hundreds to have a plumber fix it. stressed  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 am
TheRob
kaybelle27

I wish I could take hotter showers. I have 2 bathrooms and both showers are having problems getting to 95 degrees or above (I have temperature thingies on the shower heads). And although slightly below 95 may seem like a big number, the water doesn't really get warm enough on cold days until it is at least 95...and then there's the issue of trying to get it to stay at 95 or above for the duration. sweatdrop

I thought I had problems. I don't like for the water to be below 120! If there were a chilly Floridian achievement given to the person having to endure Fl winter in the worst way, you'd win for sure. heart But half my reason behind such hot water is to steam up the bathroom so it's warm when I get out. My grandma said I can take her little space heater because they have one of those electric fireplaces now.
So that's why I've been trying to heat up the room instead since I can't really heat up the water much more unless I want to spend some hundreds to have a plumber fix it. stressed

Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff