Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:11 am
I've been thinking about what career I might really want for a while now, and programming sounds like something hard possibly nice. I've been meaning to learn about computers for a while, even disregarding as a career option, and it would be a stable job if I could apply it.

I'll be looking into learning python tomorrow, as well as stuff related to a degree in programming.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:13 am
I just finished a degree in computer science.

It's a lot of fun if you can handle the stress of programming.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:08 pm
Best of luck in whatever endeavors you decide to tackle. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm
cool4

Huh. I guess I never thought about the fact that programming could be stressful, but sometimes playing games is too even if they're fun. An interesting epiphany there...  

Nadian
Crew

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:07 pm
Nadian
cool4

Huh. I guess I never thought about the fact that programming could be stressful, but sometimes playing games is too even if they're fun. An interesting epiphany there...

It's a good kind of stress though, the state of total submersion into the code, some people it can be a stressful on dangerous place to be. Though it's rewarding.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 am
I'm actually also considering switching my major at the moment... to Computer Engineering. I haven't made up my mind if I'm actually going switch yet or not, but I'll be taking a few CE classes next semester to see if I prefer it over Mechanical. Luckily, most of the engineering credits I've earned so far are universal across the whole department, so they'd still apply to a CE degree if I did make the switch.

CE differs from CS only in the fact that it's more hardware-focused. CE is more about the physical circuits and microprocessors and devices that make a computer possible, while CS is almost solely about the programming and development of applications. That doesn't mean that CE doesn't have anything to do with programming, it's just that they have the added component of hardware that CS doesn't really need to worry much about.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:25 am
Hiddochi wolf
I'm actually also considering switching my major at the moment... to Computer Engineering. I haven't made up my mind if I'm actually going switch yet or not, but I'll be taking a few CE classes next semester to see if I prefer it over Mechanical. Luckily, most of the engineering credits I've earned so far are universal across the whole department, so they'd still apply to a CE degree if I did make the switch.

CE differs from CS only in the fact that it's more hardware-focused. CE is more about the physical circuits and microprocessors and devices that make a computer possible, while CS is almost solely about the programming and development of applications. That doesn't mean that CE doesn't have anything to do with programming, it's just that they have the added component of hardware that CS doesn't really need to worry much about.

Even then, with a degree in Computer Science you have flexibility to take some Computer Engineering courses which can be fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:42 am
My husband has a Masters in Computer Engineering.

Also a massively thick book on Python. You know, the one with the cute animal on front.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:51 pm
The only kind of coding that I know of (besides BB Code) is HTML and I really need to refresh my memory on it. cat_xp  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games