Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:24 pm
This week, I've already had two crazy coincidences and I swear it feels like the universe is lending me a helping hand.

The first happened on Monday night. I had a speech to give on Tuesday about artificial intelligence for one of my classes, and I was nervous about it so I was browsing on Facebook to calm down so I could get some sleep.
Well, one of the pages I've liked shared an article just then about how Siri is helping autistic children learn to hold conversations, and just on a whim I decided to read it... Come to find out, that article is exactly what my speech needed. On my graded outline, my professor commented how I needed to elaborate more about the phone AIs, and how my speech lacked humanity and relatability. So I added in that info last minute on a sticky note attached to my already-done notecards and incorporated it into my actual speech, and when it came to that part, my professor got the biggest grin of approval on her face.

The second happened yesterday evening. My Art Appreciation class took a field trip to a local gallery downtown for an assignment, and the gallery is about 2 miles away from campus. Since I don't have a car and all of my transportation-endowed friends were busy, I had to walk there and back. Well, just about an hour earlier, I had seen my academic advisor about class planning for next semester and I realized how far behind I'm slipping in my program due to some courses not being offered on time, and that realization hit me like a ton of bricks to the head. I was feeling stressed and upset and dizzy as hell, but I knew I had to go to class and so I pushed myself to walk there anyway. Now, there are many routes I could have taken to get to the gallery, but I decided to take my usual walking path that's more roundabout and less-often travelled by traffic because I'm familiar with it.
About a third of the way there, I heard this car pull up alongside the sidewalk and come to a stop, followed by a surprised inquiry from the driver, "Hey Kerry, are you walking there? Do you want a ride?" When I glanced up at him, I realized it was one of my boyfriend's roommates who is also in my class. So I accepted, and man am I glad I did, because I felt like complete s**t mentally and physically and it was getting close to darkness outside. He even dropped me off directly in front of my house on campus on the way back.

Neither of these sound all that impressive, but it's the perfect timing of them that just took me aback. With the article, I was shocked at how perfect it was, and how it appeared just in the nick of time. As for the whole thing with my boyfriend's roommate, I'm frankly shocked that he even found me -- like I said, I took the unusual route, and once I got in the car he even turned around and went the more direct way that I expected everyone to take in the first place. I still don't think he realizes just how much his act of kindness helped me in a time of hidden hardship... sweatdrop

Sometimes it really does feel like the universe is sending me help, and I'm ever-grateful for that. smile I may not believe in a god or goddess, but I think everything happens for a reason, and this week has just further solidified that concept in my mind.

So do any of you have any memorable coincidences? Has anything happened in your life that just felt too perfect to be pure coincidence?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 pm
Always nice when you find a piece of information for a report (whether it's a written one or a speech) that is the cherry on top of everything else you researched.

And nice of your boyfriend's roommate to actually stop and give you a ride to the gallery and home.

I know I've encountered a lot of occasions in my life where it jolted me into surprise that made me question whether it was just a random occurrence or if there was something more behind it (i.e. Fate). There's even been some occasions that totally felt like deja vu for me because I either dreamed the same occasion moment for moment the night before or had daydreamed it as a possible scenario that could unfold.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am
And to add onto my list of luckiness for the week, a random $5 bill landed directly in front of my feet this morning as I was crossing over the lawn in front of my house on my walk back from the grocery store! surprised There wasn't anyone around that would have dropped it, so I just grabbed it and accepted it as a little gift from the universe.

That was certainly a nice way to start my day -- now I'm baking pies for myself and my boyfriend and his suitemates. 3nodding A gluten free pumpkin pie for me, and a normal pumpkin pie and a caramel apple pie for them. The pumpkin pies are in the oven now, and man they smell heavenly...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 pm
Hiddochi wolf
[N]ow I'm baking pies for myself and my boyfriend and his suitemates. 3nodding A gluten free pumpkin pie for me, and a normal pumpkin pie and a caramel apple pie for them. The pumpkin pies are in the oven now, and man they smell heavenly...

Sounds good.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash