Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:12 pm
So we're not stuck eating tacos, chicken breast and veggies, and fish all month long.

I've got the following:

-lasagna
-pulled pork (for both pulled pork sandwiches and barbecue nachos)
-enchiladas (probably beef)
-meatloaf with sweet potatoes and probably a caesar salad
-tortillini with shrimp and pesto sauce
-stuffed chicken (either spinach and mushroom or artichoke and sundried tomato), haven't decided on the side dish)
- chicken pot pie biscuits  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:08 pm
BBQ Nachos? Never heard of such an idea b4 now. What's the difference between those and the typical types of nachos?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 pm
I have a whole collection of recipes that I hope to try out someday. But when you don't even know what you're work schedule for the theater is going to be like, it's a bit hard to plan when to make things.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:04 am
Could get some ingredients for pizza.
Dough:
-Flour (plain)
-Yeast
-Olive oil
-Salt & Suger (pref caster)
-Water

Toppings
-Anything and everything

Pizzas are great for anything! Plus you could use the ingredients for other dishes as well.  

Zhro

Witty Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 am
Kor: Hahaha. I forget that California isn't exactly know for it's BBQ. I live in Kansas City. Before that in Tennessee. Barbecue is kind of a staple for us.

Anyways barbecue nachos are nachos with barbecue sauce, a white cheese sauce, baked beans, and whatever meat you want. You can do pulled pork (or chicken), brisket, or whatever. Obviously can't have bone. We always do pulled pork.

Some people add sour cream and hot sauce as well.

Trolten: Pizza is good, and we've done it a few times. I like spinach and artichoke. But I'm pregnant and lately whenever I think of pizza it makes me want to barf, haha. Thank you though!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 am
Mama Ame
Kor: Hahaha. I forget that California isn't exactly know for it's BBQ. I live in Kansas City. Before that in Tennessee. Barbecue is kind of a staple for us.

Anyways barbecue nachos are nachos with barbecue sauce, a white cheese sauce, baked beans, and whatever meat you want. You can do pulled pork (or chicken), brisket, or whatever. Obviously can't have bone. We always do pulled pork.

Trolten: Pizza is good, and we've done it a few times. I like spinach and artichoke. But I'm pregnant and lately whenever I think of pizza it makes me want to barf, haha. Thank you though!

You can get a BBQ pulled pork sammich at Wendy's right now.

I've been tempted. Even though Wendy's is like... confused

Also, yes. I'll be arriving at your house soon. smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:16 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

I loved Wendy's, lol.

Not too big on the pulled pork. It wasn't BAD but it was kind of dry. Guess I'm barbecue spoiled.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm
Trolten
Could get some ingredients for pizza.
Dough:
-Flour (plain)
-Yeast
-Olive oil
-Salt & Suger (pref caster)
-Water

Toppings
-Anything and everything

Pizzas are great for anything! Plus you could use the ingredients for other dishes as well.

Bread flour works best.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:19 pm
Also my FIL has been doing barbecue contests for almost 20 years, and my mil is a judge KC Barbecue Board (AKA the Royalty of Barbecue), so yeah. Very barbecue spoiled.

My favorites are brisket and pulled pork. Not too big on ribs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:05 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I loved Wendy's, lol.

Not too big on the pulled pork. It wasn't BAD but it was kind of dry. Guess I'm barbecue spoiled.

Fresh never Frozen!

Oh no, I guess Wendy isn't a Disney princess.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm
Mama Ame

You could try white pizza: use an Alfredo sauce. It's pretty tasty as a substitute. I bet it would taste better with that spinach and artichoke. The girls would probably love it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 pm
Saikii
Mama Ame

You could try white pizza: use an Alfredo sauce. It's pretty tasty as a substitute. I bet it would taste better with that spinach and artichoke. The girls would probably love it.

xd I only eat "crazy sauce pizza" like alfredo, garlic sauce, i've done a cheese sauce, and barbecue sauce as well.

I don't like red sauce unless it's a meat sauce  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:20 pm
I prefer meat sauce as well. Spaghetti is just sad if you use tomato base without meat or some texture/flavor to break up the monotony.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 pm
Barbecue nachos sound amazing wow, I've never heard of anything like that before. You just use regular corn chips? What kind of white cheese sauce?  

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm
Sick Until Sunday
Barbecue nachos sound amazing wow, I've never heard of anything like that before. You just use regular corn chips? What kind of white cheese sauce?

Yup normal tortilla chips.

And the cheese sauce is whatever you want. But I usually have it with queso blanco. But I'm sure you could use something else if you want. I like the queso blanco though becuase it melts really well, and it has enough flavor to taste it but not so strong that it overpowers the other tastes.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games