Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[B] Promises to Keep (W. Breeze, Finds the Target) (FIN)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Another day, another blessing - Wildflower Breeze was traveling to yet another god-given appointment. This one was fairly far afield, but he had plenty of time to get there.

It didn't occur to him to be suspicious of the generous time given to get from point A to point B, which may have better prepared him for the journey ahead. One can only hope he's since learned from this mistake.

He was wading through some knee-high grasses, tunelessly whistling something reminiscent of birdsong, and thinking longingly about maybe trying to catch a fish later - it had been a while since he'd had fish. With his head in the clouds, he wouldn't have noticed anything, kin or animal, approaching until it was practically on top of him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finds the Target was always a fast runner, and she had a good head for memorizing. No surprise that she was a message runner now. She did everything fast: Eating, singing, hunting. Even courtship. Still, she was a practical doe, and knew enough to keep her eyes open for elders.

She was halfway across a broad field when she spotted him. A quick calculation in her head told her she could detour for a few minutes, and she swerved to intercept him. Skidding to a halt before him, she grinned, only slightly out of breath. "Greetings, Elder! Might I bother you for some help with my upcoming children?"  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:58 pm
"Hmm?"

Dragged out of his reverie, it took him a few seconds to parse what she'd said. "I... yes, I can do that," he said at last. "I can bless your children-to-be for good health, prosperity, and any number of personality traits. They may become great heroes some day - with the wisdom of a tortoise, the sly cunning of a fox, the fierce strength of a gryphon," he rattled off, really hitting his storytelling stride. "With the determination to overcome all odds, with the -"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:02 pm
"I believe that anything that can go towards the merit of Westfen will do. Perhaps a way with healing, or talent with foraging. Anything of the sort." She shifted, her hooves already anxious to be on the move again.  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:08 pm
"Well, that's. Those are fine talents, yes," the stag sputtered. "A knack for healing, and for providing. If that's as you'd wish, just take some of this mint here," he nodded at the garland about his shoulders and neck. "Eat it, and your children will be hearty and hale, and inclined to such practical skills, to better help their fellow Kin."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:12 pm
"Thank you very much. I'm sorry to rush you, but I'm in a bit of a hurry." She leaned in and bit off a mint leaf, the bright, fresh flavor exploding in her mouth as she chewed, then swallowed. "Is there anything at all I can do to repay you?"  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:15 pm
"Not necessary - it's my duty to help those I can, and I am always glad to help," he said with pride. "I hope your journey is swift and fruitful."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:17 pm
"Motherfather look fondly on you, Elder. Farewell!" she called as she turned and took off, angling for her original course. She felt well-satisfied with the impromptu meeting.  

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 pm
He watched her leave for a moment before resuming his own journey. "Hopefully your children are also more patient than you," he muttered, and walked on.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games