Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] When Did You Get Hot? (Vidar x Aslaug)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:18 pm
User Image Vidar strutted through the Stormborn lands with a grin on his face. He was going to go out on his first Viking tomorrow and he couldn't be happier. He had finally grown into his mane and the captains were starting to take him seriously now that they could see his full potential. He was itching to get out and show the whole pride just how awesome he was and tomorrow was the first step on the road to his Captain title.

Now he just had to tell someone! But who...there was no one really in his general area, so he decided that the first lucky lion he came across would get to hear that he was about to embark on the first viking of his long, successful career. Or lioness. Anyone, even a thrall! they all deserved to know he was getting under way.

Perhaps he could even start to recruit more lions for his band of Reavers. He wanted those tan cubs once they grew up, even though they were related to Aslaug. He hadn't seen much of her lately, which wasn't bad, although he was curious to know what she was up to. She was such an odd little thing! Snorting at the last memory he had of her, he trotted along happily in search of someone to brag to.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 pm
User Image

Aslaug hadn't seen Vidar in some moons. To be frank she'd hardly seen her own siblings in as long. They were all of them (to her knowledge) training to grow stronger, to be reavers and warriors and bring glory to their names and their pride.

She had been ensconced in the realm of the seers, the priestesses. She worked there, ate there, played there, and only sometimes went home to sleep. She was so busy, but so keen and eager to learn and devote herself that she did not feel the passing of days and weeks and months around her. It had been quite a shock some days past to catch a glance at herself in a pool of water and realize just how much she'd grown.

Several younglings were due to go on their first reavings soon, and while the red female's siblings were not among them, she'd determined to take a little time and see how they were doing. They were her family, her lights here on earth, some of the few things she loved that did not dwell above in the land of spirits and gods. One of the other things she loved was...

Oh! Right there! He was massive, shaggy brown and glimmering blue markings...but still the same lion she'd once had to apologize to over her...rather protective siblings. Without any hesitation she surged forward, slipping with unconscious grace through the milling lions busy about their days to reach him, calling out, "Vidar! It's been AGES!"

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:41 pm
Vidar was finally getting closer to a more active part of the pride, and he spotted a few lions wandering about. Good, they'd certainly be interested to hear what he had to say. Before he could reach them, however, a familiar voice caught his ears. Familiar...yet not. He frowned as he looked at the lions, and finally the owner of the voice burst through the crowd.

Green eyes widened in surprise and Vidar literally stopped in his tracks, one paw raised slightly, tail cocked to the side. Aslaug. Speak of the devil...but wait, when had she gotten so big? She was nearly as big as him and he knew he was a few months older...and her voice wasn't as annoying as he remembered. It wasn't squeaky and high with youth, but mature and complimenting to her appearance. Her mane had grown in a bit more and there was a graceful air about her that made a little shiver run down his spine.

She was hot. Crap.

Barely remembering she had spoken, he quickly cleared his throat and lifted his head. He was pretty good around attractive females, but he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself with Aslaug. She'd been so annoying and stupid! And now...well, she wasn't fully grown yet, but already he could see how beautiful she'd be in a few short months. Oh dear...

"Uh...hey, Aslaug," he said, trying to stretch his head a bit taller to appear bigger than he was. "Yeah, long time no see. You've...uh...gotten bigger."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 pm
Wide, shining orange eyes blinked up at Vidar - he was still just a bit taller than her, though he was fully grown - and she smiled, that same open easiness from her youth coming through loud and clear. "You too! Too big for your rock now, huh? Me too, I guess." Distantly she remembered wanting very badly to find time to go climb that rock of his - but then life had begun moving far too fast, and now it was too late. Ah well. She could easily see better just by standing now than she could have then perched up on that stone.

Her tail flicked behind her, amusement clear in her stance. "You've been busy? Sorry if you'd been looking for me. I guess it was rude not to at least try to say hi now and then." He looked so different, but still the same. It was the weirdest thing! "Still planning to be a reaver?" She remembered that had been the tough little spitfire of a cub's plan. It seemed like he'd gone through with it - good for him!

Oh, but did that mean she'd even missed his first reaving? What sort of friend was she? She stepped closer, a hint of dismay flickering over her face for a moment. "You didn't go out for the first time already, did you...?" She'd have to beg for some materials from the older priestesses to make him a charm if there was still time! It wouldn't to to let a friend go out unguarded. She couldn't watch his back, but the gods would. And it'd be good practice for making them for her own siblings one day!

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:13 pm
Vidar stood a bit straighter as Aslaug came closer, his ears pressing back so far in his mane that they sunk into his fluffy fur. Why was she getting so close? This was a little weird...well, not weird, just uncomfortable for him. He was a ladies man, he knew that! He knew what to do and say around females to make them smile and swoon. So why couldn't he turn on the charm now, even to save his own skin?

Her questions came tumbling out faster than he could process and, once she stopped speaking, he swallowed thickly. Right! Reaving! that was something he could talk about!

"I uh. Was never really looking for you," he admitted, although now he was wondering why. Yeah, she had been annoying...but...was that just because he was jealous of her father? Of her size? Of her siblings? Who knew, he couldn't remember. He hoped she didn't, either.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:47 pm
Oh. He...he hadn't been looking for her? That stung a little, but not much. It just meant he'd been busy, and doing well...she hoped. He seemed alright at least. Oddly...shy? Something unusual, from what she remembered of his boyhood. He'd been loud, bold...how strange to see how people changed over the months! She nudged him with a shoulder, meaning to be encouraging.

To be honest she had never even really realized his behavior was because he'd been jealous. Her own brothers could be pushy too, so it had just seemed like normal cub stuff. Some were calm, some rowdy. He'd been rowdy, and that'd been that. In the end she'd been the one who had to apologize too, after her siblings mobbed him. Maybe he was still not over that? Oh she hoped so! If not she'd just give that family of hers an earful later on! He was her friend! They'd picked on him, but she HAD told them to leave him alone after. She'd like to think they'd kept to that decision of hers.

"But you are going reaving right? Or did you already go?" She put the question to him again, clearly very keen to hear about it. It might be easily mistaken for fond admiration, that level of concern and interest. And when she (completely unintentionally - the trees behind him had rustled in the wind, throwing sunspots in her eyes!) batted her lashes just so at him...well. He WAS a ladies' man, wasn't he?

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:34 pm
The look on Aslaug's face when he said he hadn't been looking for her surprised Vidar, but not because of her reaction. Rather, because of his own reaction at seeing that surprised, slightly hurt look. There was this odd sensation in his chest, a tight and uncomfortable one that he didn't like. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew he didn't want her making that face ever again. That worried him quite a bit, since the last time he had seen her getting her to make that expression had been his mission.

She bounced back quickly, though, and the question made him nod. He tried to shake off his nervousness to keep her from looking like that again. "I'm going on my first Viking tomorrow to become a Reaver," he said proudly, standing a bit taller and puffing out his chest. "I have to go on a bunch to get other lions to want to make me Captain, but that'll be a breeze!"

He wasn't nervous at all about going out tomorrow, mostly because he knew he was with a great Captain and accomplished Reavers. Even if they ran into some dirty Pirates he was sure they'd come out on top. He'd be with them, there was nothing they couldn't do!

"What about you?" he asked, realizing he was curious to see what she'd been up to. "You're not going to be a Reaver, right?"

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:55 pm
Oh thank the gods! She still had time to make him some little charm or other. It'd help the gods find him and keep their eyes focused on him. He'd be a captain, if that was what he wanted to be. He was her friend, and that's what friends did - use all they had to support each other.

And really, making a charm would be very good practice for doing some for her siblings. AND it might help her lure more of the gods back to visit her...

"I'm sure you'll do just fine. The gods won't allow for anything else, and I'll ask them to keep you safe." Of course, asking him to stay safe wouldn't be right - he was too excited, if she remembered - and it'd imply he needed to be cautious. He was plenty tough though, and would be just fine.

"M-me? Oh. Nothing that exciting, really. I'm not going to be a reaver, no. I've been with the priestesses," She explained plainly. "Mostly learning to make charms and helping out. I don't have the gods' favor too much yet. Maybe one day though." She smiled shyly, not quite liking to toot her own horn. "I'd like to be a priestess too. Not the head one though." She wasn't anything like good enough for that!

SilverLutz

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:53 pm
"Of course I will," Vidar said with a confident smirk. When he was younger he might have huffed, dismissing the 'stupid girl' with a flick of his tail, but now her attention made him pleased. It was nice to have someone so invested in his well being! Especially someone that was so attractive. Why did it have to be her, though? Vidar wasn't one to apologize, and he wasn't going to start today, but her earnest expression and words made him feel a bit guilty for treating her so poorly before.

"Ah, an important role," he added with a sage nod. He didn't know much about gods other than they were powerful and had a paw in much that went on around them, but he knew being in their favor was a good thing. Perhaps being friends with Aslaug would put him in a good light, as her father was one of them?

He lowered his head just a little - any higher and it would be among the clouds - and fixed his green eyes on the young lioness. "I don't know...your father is a god, right? I'd say any lions born from the gods have a special place among them. You and your siblings are probably looked upon with all the favor of the gods. So you should tell them, when I'm captain, I'd gladly take any of them that are Reavers under my wing!"

He managed to throw in a little wink at the young female. "And priestessess. I'll be sure to bring back lots of treasures for the gods."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:38 pm
She gave a little shrug at his idea. Being god-born didn't really mean THAT much, she'd come to realize. She'd still never even seen her father, let alone done anything to work with him. She had her vision-dreams, and her siblings had size and strength. They would all be grateful for those gifts, and she at least wouldn't think of asking for more.

"I'm sure they'd like that. I don't know if any of them want to become captains but...Maybe!" And they probably wouldn't remember that he'd picked on her. Maybe. Maybe. "Captain then, huh? I'm sure you'll find plenty of treasure. Thralls too, you'll need some of those." She hesitated a moment and then forged ahead. "Maybe if you find any with particularly fine claws...They would be useful. To the priestesses I mean. For making charms and cleaning little items."

If he found some that'd be great, and a nice gesture to make to the gods to earn him some luck, she figured. If not, that was okay too.

"Hey...are you free?" She asked, blinking up at him and tilting her head slightly. She was really focused on him... "For just a minute I mean. I want to...make you something, and it has to be attached by a priestess to work so...For luck?" She'd make him his first charm right now, then there'd be no way she'd forget or miss the chance.

SilverLutz

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:51 pm
Vidar licked his lips a bit as he thought about a troupe of god spawn under his command. It was a fantastic dream to be sure. With their size and strength, coupled with his drive and mind...they would be the best group ever to leave the Stormborn lands for a viking! But he was getting a bit ahead of himself. He had to go out on a Viking still. That was step number one.

He turned his attention back to Aslaug as she mentioned claws and he nodded eagerly. Should he kill anything on his first adventure out he'd be sure to bring back its claws should they be nice. Hyena or wild dog claws were too thick and clunky he was sure, and rough from not being able to retract. Some type of feline, then. Perhaps a leopard...they could climb, so he was sure they'd be tough and sharp.

"I'll see what I can do then," he said, flicking his tail. An errand for Aslaug and for the gods, it was a nice two-in-one combo!

"Oh?" Her words made him perk up a bit. Make him something? He hadn't brought anything back yet, but perhaps it would bring him extra luck to wear something a previous Reaver had brought back from a successful mission.

"Of course I'm free," he said with a bit of a suggestive grin. As suggestive as he could be without being too obvious, anyway. He was still trying to reason with himself on this whole 'the girl I teased and bullied is now a hottie hot hot and I need to impress her so she'll be mine' situation that had suddenly raised its head.

"And I'd love a good luck charm. Don't think I need luck since I'm going to be an awesome captain some day, but if it's from you...it certainly can't hurt."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm
That he'd accept her charm made the lioness beam with radiant joy. She was still an apprentice, her charms were mediocre at best...she genuinely worried that because of their poor quality they might bring more bad than good luck...but he had faith in her. She'd do it perfectly, finally get one just right if it was for him, because he believed she could. She DID have a small stash of useful totem items...leaves, flowers, even a feather from a god she'd met in cubhood...She'd use those, yes, for sure.

Oh but to it right...she'd have to start now! There wasn't much time left if he was leaving tomorrow, and she had to get the items and do certain rituals...Hey eyes widened minutely and her smile turned to a slightly excited, half terrified face for just a moment. "Oh Vidar! I'm so sorry but I've got to run!" She was nearly three steps away before she jerked to a stop and came darting back, all eager eyes and distracted, clearly planning already inside her noggin. "Wait, oh, uhm, where? I mean, tomorrow, let's meet up before you go! I have to go start making it but, uh, hmm...Oh! I know! Would you come by my den first thing in the morning! I shouldn't be asleep but if you wake me that's okay too!" She lurched forward, butting her head against his, as if they were still cubs, before darting off with a call over her shoulder of 'see you then!'

SilverLutz

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:56 pm
Aslaug's excitement made Vidar grin a bit wider. Yes, he'd be the first she'd give a token to! Ha! He could already see the gears turning in her mind about what to give him. Ooh, maybe it would be shiny and gold and huge! Tokens were supposed to be small, but he wanted his to be huge so lions would see him coming and have time to run away if they were scared.

"Your den? Sure thing," he said, his voice smooth and flirtatious. Now that he was over the initial shock of seeing Asla more grown up, he was back in his groove. The bump to his head sent him reeling again, though, and he watched her dart away with a stunned look on his face.

"Uh...right! See you then!" he called out after her, a dopey smile on his face. Ah...she was totally into him. He could tell.

FIN  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff