Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[prp] I really hope this goes well(Mooncake, family, Lemure) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am
Mooncake's mother had been begging to meet his girlfriend ever since he and Lemure had started dating. The flutter had never been sure on when the right moment for that would be, especially with the fears his mother would blurt out something embarrassing. In fact, he was quite positive that if she didn't, his younger brother would.

Still, here he stood on the doorstep to his mother's house, Lemure beside him to whom he cast a nervous smile. He'd already warned his mother beforehand and had asked Paper to make time to be there. Given he and his brother had never brought someone home before, the stallion wasn't quite sure what to expect to happen at this meeting. Was it just going to be like any other conversation with say a customer at his mother's shop? Was there going to be a lot of questioning? Would it be more like a small party? Mooncake wasn't sure and it was making him quite uneasy.

The flutter knocked delicately on the door with one of his hooves and waited.

StarieMichie

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:38 am
Lemure was nervous. She stood next to her boyfriend at the door; he looked nervous also.

It was strange that she hadn't met his mother yet. He saw her's all the time at the book shop. In fact, he probably saw too much of them. Taquita was always making him grab a broom and putting him to work when he stopped in just to say hello. Her mom never passed up the chance for free labor, and felt no remorse taking advantage of Mooncake's eagerness to impress her.

She looked over at Mooncake and smiled as he knocked on the door. Lemure had to make sure she was on her best behavior for him today.

cursedandwandering

Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Silk Kimono threw open her door. She was in her nicest obi and had her best comb and hair pins in. "Konbanwa Mooncake-kun." she leaned forward and kissed both his cheeks, nuzzling him muzzle to muzzle. She then turned her eyes to Lemure, giving her a quick once over before bowing. "Welcome to our family home Lemure-chan. Please come in."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Paper Lantern looked up as his mother, brother, and his girlfriend entered the living room, a Korokke stuffed in his mouth.

"Paper-chan that's your third one! Stop eating those, they're for dinner!" Silk scolded. Paper rolled his golden eyes, speaking around the food.

"Mother, I am not a chan and I'm hungry." his soft voice was severely garbled by his chewing.

Silk busied over, shooing Paper out of the kitchen, thrusting a tea trey into his hooves. Paper swung his eyes over to Mooncake and gave him a look that said this was going to be a long dinner.

cursedandwandering

StarieMichie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 am
Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

It was becoming apparent as they waited for the door that Lemure was just as anxious as he was. The mare had always seemed to have great people skills, at least in comparison to himself. If she wasn't confident, then he would have to be. It was his family after all who they were visiting.

"It will be fine," the flutter murmured, trying to reassure her before the door was thrown open.

His mother's greeting to him was very overly affectionate and the stallion was tense throughout all the cheek squishing nuzzling. "Hey mom." The male's wings buzzed as he gestured for Lemure to follow her in. Waiting for her to cross the threshold first gave him a chance to secretly check out her ghostly form.

While her ethereal features were something he admired, the flutter really hoped his family wouldn't make Lemure feel self conscious about them. In his opinion her legs were the coolest thing since sliced bread, but not everyone felt that way and being different was always something you were at risk of being teased about.

As they arrived in the living room Paper was spotted. His younger brother was certainly making a great first impression already, what with his mouth stuffed full with food and crumbs all over his face.

"Ahem, Paper, this is Lemure..." Of course his brother was getting pushed around the place already by his mother.

Turning to Lemure he pursed his lips, "i hope you don't mind tea." He gave a nod to one of the couches for them to sit.

"Uh, maybe we could talk about the latest books we've all read?" A subject he was quite comfortable with and of course he knew Lemure enjoyed them too. Though there were some doubts that paper actually read anything at all given his tendency to use books more for their paper rather than their knowledge.

Of course, it was doubtful his family would want to talk about books anyway when they could interrogate his girlfriend.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 am
It all kind of happened in a whirlwind. She was rushed into the house, quickly introduced, and then sat down on the sofa without getting much of a word out. Each family behaves weirdly around each other in their own special way.

She smiled at Silk Kimono. "You have such a lovely house. I love how you decorated it." It was small talk. Lemure was kind of side-stepping the discussion on books that Mooncake suggested. That could get pretty uncomfortable pretty quick. She didn't exactly read books that were PC for dinner discussions. Of course, if pressed, she would sugar coat it to sound more academic than what it actually was.

Lemure felt a little like the odd one out. Mooncake's family was petite and graceful, and she was strange and ghostly. Of course, that was what her boyfriend loved most about her.

cursedandwandering

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:36 am
Silk Kimono smiled. "Oh thank you! It's all hoof picked and imported specially for our home!" She started to babble about where the vases and wall hangings and who grew the bamboo plants. Paper Lantern set the tea set on the coffee table and started putting out cups for everyone.

"I didn't know we'd be so formal today." he said in sort of an apology to Mooncake and Lemure. Formal as in I didn't know we were going to pull out all the stops thank god mother didn't have time to make a new formal kimono for me. "We're usually much more casual here." he gave Lemure one of his soft smiles as he poured tea for everyone.

The flutter stallion sat on the couch on the other side of the couple, sipping his tea. "She's much prettier up close Mooncake." he said dreamily, taking a long look at her. "I've seen you visiting my brother, I live a few floors up from him in the same apartment complex."

Silk appeared over Paper's shoulder. "Paper-chan you didn't say you knew Lemure-chan!" Paper sighed.

"I'm not a ch..nevermind. I don't know her well, I've just seen her. We never were formally introduced. I'm sure the pair of them have just been busy.." he said in his flighty not thinking about his wording way.

cursedandwandering

StarieMichie

Astraea Pandora

Crew

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 am
Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

Well, books weren't the subject of conversation, but small talk was good. Especially given Lemure was flattering his mother. Maybe if she was complimented enough she'd be a little less, as paper had said it, formal. Of course, regardless of whether or not his mother was trying to make her best impression didn't mean she wouldn't tell some embarrassing childhood stories.

"My mother owns a shop with lots of imported goods. I don't know if you would like them Lemure, but maybe there would be some fantasy based manga that might pique your interest there." He offered, giving his mother a chance to talk about her shop.

Paper's behavior was somewhat of a relief, even if he was doing a lot of eating and maybe revealing some stalker like behavior. "Yes, i'm sure my mother just wanted to make sure everything looked it's best for you."

"Much prettier up close?" The stallion snorted and blushed, "Lemure is beautiful from any distance and why were you checking on my visitors?" He raised an eyebrow, though at least his brother had paid the lovely ghost a compliment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 am
Oh. Paper was kind of a perv.

Then again, she did read romance novels, which was a subset of being perverted. But it was a little different to read about the steamy lives of fictional characters than it was to stalk your brother and his girlfriend. She was glad Mooncake spoke up and defended her. She wasn't sure she could trust herself to stay polite.

"Silk Kimono, I'd love to see your shop sometime! My mothers own the local bookstore. I work there," for free, she added to herself, "and you're welcome to stop in anytime! We run a book club, so if you wanted to bring over a book you'd like to share, that'd be great! We love reading new things."

cursedandwandering

Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am
Paper's ears turned towards the couple and his head tilted like a puppy who was hearing a command for the first time. "Checking on..? Huh?" he shook his head. "No I just see you in the evenings sometimes when I'm checking my mail and deliveries."

Silk Kimono ruffles her younger son's hair up. "I doubt Paper put enough thoughts in his head most days to stalk anyone dear. But you are lovely. Leave it to Mooncake to find such a pretty and unique girlfriend. When he first started reading about ghosts, he would stay up all night afraid they'd get him and drag him away to Hell!" She titters. Paper blew breath up to get his bangs out of his eyes.

".........Heyyy it's not like that when I see you guys!" Paper pouted, finally absorbing what everyone was implying about him.

Silk went back to her kitchen, the sound of dishes clicking and food being served out. She banged her hoof on the floor of the kitchen. "My shop is just under us actually. I run it myself these days what with my sons grown and my daughter schooling outside of the park. Cake-kun and Paper-chan were both good employees. By the time they were old enough they'd earned enough to be able to move out right away!"

The tiny purple flutter set out a overly fancy dish piled high with rice. "Oh I don't think your book group would like what I read dear. Such things usually don't like manga or light novels."

StarieMichie

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 am
StarieMichie
Astraea Pandora

At his mother's comment his eyes went wide with panic and he quickly cast a worried glance towards Lemure before trying to right it. "Now mother that's not true, it's demons" he emphasized. "Demons are the ones that drag people to hell. Not ghosts."

The stallion cleared his throat, quickly grabbing his cup of tea to sip. Leave it to his mother to say something awkward and potentially hurtful. He just hoped Lemure wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Well, at least the subject was changed. "If you'd like Lemure, i could bring you some sweets from the shop if you're not interested in the manga. There's pocky and little cookies filled with chocolate with pictures of pandas on them and such."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 am
What?

Lemure made a sour face. Ghosts dragging people to hell? That was certainly an outdated and antiquated idea.

"Well, Mooncake sure isn't afraid of ghosts anymore..." she said sliding in closer to him, being overly affectionate for show. A little PDA would drive her point home. "What he thought then doesn't matter."

Still slathering him in embarrassing love, she continued the other conversation. "I'd love some sweets. It'd be wonderful to pop something delicious into my mouth. I am hungry right now." Lemure made an exaggerated pouty face.

Well, there was something all those romance novels were good for.

Astraea Pandora

cursedandwandering

((I'm so terrible xd ))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:27 am
Paper stopped, cup in quarter tip, gaping at the two. He quickly righted his drink and looked away, blushing, mumbling something about "understanding how he feels now.."

Silk seemed only pleased at hearing Lemure was hungry. "Oh good, I have made plenty of food and have a had a special dessert made for this occasion." She'd begun piling many dishes on the table, Gyoza, Korokke, and Tempura, Sweetfish Yakizakana, and bowls of steaming Udon. She paused, noticing Lemure cuddling up to her son and making cute faces at him. She tsked once, a little smirk and went back to setting the table. Paper, however, seemed mortified and kept staring down at his cup, unsure what to do now.

StarieMichie

cursedandwandering

Astraea Pandora

Crew

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am
((XD you guys are the best. *giggling*))
Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

Well this was an unexpected reaction. Mooncake was frozen in place, still mortified by his mother's words. However, at least Lemure didn't seem upset about them. To the contrary, given she was snuggling up to him in front of his family. The stallion blushed, briefly rubbing his cheek against her neck as sneakily as he could.

"Of course i'm not afraid of ghosts. They're completely alluring," he glanced towards Lemure with a smile as he pushed himself out of his seat, ready to head down to the shop. Although if he left the mare alone who knows what the other flutters might say to her. Clearly they weren't that great at thinking before speaking to his very special guest.

Fortunately this problem was solved by his mother bringing in a whole array of dishes, which he could only hope at least one would suit Lemure's tastes.

"Mother, you've outdone yourself." He said, staring at the large variety of foods before taking notice of Paper's strange behavior. The stallion's head tilted to the side, unsure why his brother was acting so bashful all of a sudden. He shook his head and shrugged, his brother was strange sometimes what with his head always in the clouds.

Leaning to Lemure he whispered in her ear, "If you don't like anything i'll tell them i'm going downstairs to grab a book to show you and sneak you in food from someplace nearby."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:03 pm
Lemure smiled back at Mooncake. He was a sweetheart for offering to get her other food. She whispered back, "I can try to stomach anything just to get this over and done with."

It seemed at least that her sweetie's mom was completely oblivious to Lemure's almost crass displays of affection. Or she just didn't care. Either were fine with Lemure. She was kind of uncomfortable with this whole event, but it was very important to Mooncake, so she had to do the best she can to be everything a mother would want in a daughter-in-law.

But on the plus side, Paper looked terrified.

She was really unsure how to proceed from here though. Small talk really wasn't her thing; she got enough of that at work. Complements were likely the best way to go, but what would she say? That the fish looked.... fishy? Or would saying fish looked like fish come off as an insult? Lemure wasn't really familiar with many of Mooncake's family customs. It was something she was going to have to learn though. This wouldn't be the last family gathering she would be at.

"Thanks for all the fish. It looks.... nice."

cursedandwandering

Astraea Pandora

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:05 pm
Silk was putting out the last of the meal items. "Paper-chan, Lemure-chan, Moon-kun, come get seated while the rest of the stuff is dished up."

Paper, glad of something to distract from the display zipped quickly to his spot on the left of the large, low table. There were no chairs to speak of, just seating that looked like firm, flat pillows. He began scooping out rice into the rice bowls and setting them out. While every phony else had chopsticks, Lemure was granted the use of a fork.

Silk set out a large array of sauces and garnishes for the food before sitting down at the head of the table. She claps her hooves together and bowed her head. "Itadakimasu!" she chanted. Paper did this as well. "Well thank you Lemure-chan." she said as she picked up her chopsticks and the meal began. "Please tell me how you and Moon-kun met? I'm afraid my son hasn't told me much and I am curious to know!"

StarieMichie

cursedandwandering

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas