Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]
[PRP] The Winter Pest (Pekee x Rizardon x Aquapuga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:58 pm
User Image

Pekee wasn't obsessed or anything! No, no, no, Pekee was social. Or at least that was the way she viewed things.

The lioness had been chatting her way around the pride person by person, old member by old member, newcomer by newcomer. She even had taken some time out of her day to chat away her worries to a pair of cute cubs she had found frolicking in the snow.

What was she doing exactly though? It was a puzzling situation and unless you knew Pekee already you would think she was in a frenzy or panic! The fact was Pekee had no gossip left. Or at least, gossip she deemed worthy of sharing. Gossip was her life food, she craved and needed it to form a healthy conversation and find a reason to chat to anyone she found.

Particularly she had been discussing a hybrid that had come to the pride, showing him off through her words as if he was a prized item she had won at a fair.

"And did you know..." She continued to ramble to the newest stranger who was fine with listening to her. "That since he's a leopard AND a lion he's got to be the best of both of them!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 pm
CaliWolfe

Kathryn Dragonna

Rizardon did not trouble himself with silly things like curses and prejudice. If someone was strong, then he respected them. If they weren't, then he did his best to help them. He was a fighter, and a bit of a thick headed oaf, but he was not a cruel or mean sort. He had no use for that kind of negativity, as it just wasted time. He would much rather get along with the folks around him than argue, and if he couldn't do that then he would just ignore them.

That being said, he did love to fight. He loved to spar and battle with willing participants, whether it was friendly or not. He did not pick the fights: he would not force someone to attack him if that was not in their nature, and he would not avoid the easier roads. He tried to talk problems out before settling them with violence.

There were plenty of other ways to find a fight, after all.

He was just passing by when he heard someone gossiping, and he frowned. That seemed like a waste of time, too, and he had a lot of trouble understanding why some put so much effort into keeping up with the lives of everyone around them. He could barely keep up with what was going on in his own life.

"And what would be the best parts of being a lion?" he asked, butting in to the conversation. It seemed like a chance for the others to skitter away, just leaving the two of them. "Or a leopard, for that matter."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 pm
Lithiasaur

Kathryn Dragonna

Pekee turned with excitement to the new stranger. She, for one was pleased to inform the clearly uninformed of what benefits it was to being a leopon. Despite herself of course not being one she seemed quite invested in telling others of how great they were. Or perhaps simply hybrids in general as Pekee had not seen or heard sight of them prior to having met one the other morning.

Had she seen sight of Rizardon before, Pekee had forgotten. She addressed him as she addressed all strangers, without a hello or simply greeting and simply bumbling her way into the newest gossip headline. This made her think hard for a moment to recall the glorious details of what seemed leopard like and what seemed lion like about Aquapuga.

"Well lion strength for one." She informed her new audience. "And leopard claws for climbing trees. ... And of course both species are rather intelligent" -some excluded- "so being a leopon must make you quite smart!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:39 am
Aquapuga had been out enjoying a day to himself. His dear friend Elsa was inside her den with her cubs, and there were others to see to her, not to mention the father of said cubs. The leopon felt a bit useless at the moment as he really did not have anything to give to the pride. He just was not thrilled with the majority of the pride, mostly those against his coloring, and so he did not have any idea what to do with himself that would let him AVOID them. He still did not want to lash out at them so avoiding was best.

Aquapuga padded silently along, having found his paws in the ice so well now that he could move like a shadow again. He liked being able to sneak around unseen, it helped him to avoid those that might rise his ire. Of course, he was not expecting to hear someone speaking about him and so he stopped to listen, blending right in with a patch of snow as he crouched down. It was that lioness he had met before, the one that was so curious as to why Elsa had brought him to the pride. Oh dear, she was rattling away about HIM to someone.

Aquapuga was a bit offended that she would talk about him behind his back, but also quite flattered by what she was saying. Maybe she wasn't SO bad. He rose, and just stalked right over as if he owned the area, still making no noise as he approached. "I believe what you mean to say is I am stronger than a leopard and more agile than a lion because I have a lighter, faster build than a lion, but I also have more muscle and fur than a leopard. The extra fur helps in a fight, believe me. As for intelligence, I would not say I am more intelligent than both species, my leopard mother was highly intelligent and I would think she picked the same in the lion she had cubs with. So perhaps I just come from the smartest of both species."

CaliWolfe
Lithiasaur

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:43 am
Kathryn Dragonna

CaliWolfe

Rizardon considered her comments, though his attention was drawn when another voice joined the conversation. Of course, that meant his focus on what he had been thinking about was broken, and those thoughts vanished with the wind. He had a bit of trouble keeping his brain in order sometimes, as his focus could be a bit... limited.

He did his best, of course.

"Oh, so you must be the one she's talking about. Best parts of a lion and a leopard, eh? Are you very strong, then, lion-leopard?"

He had never seen a hybrid before, and he was surprised by how... normal... the other looked. Well, a little strange, because he did look like the mix of a leopard and a lion, but he was not monstrous or deformed, just a new kind of cat. He might have passed for a lion, really, with his mane. It was almost disappointing, as Rizardon had been imagining wings.

He wasn't sure why.

"Being smart is all well and good, but it doesn't mean much when you're working or if you have to defend yourself. What do you do around here? I build dens. And I guess this lady here... gossips? Do you two know each other well?" Suddenly he wondered if he had gotten in the middle of a love connection he needed to excuse himself from.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:34 pm
Lithiasaur

Kathryn Dragonna

She took no offense to Rizardon guessing her job was gossiping, and in fact she also seemed prideful of it. "Gossip keeps news good and fresh!" She referred to her hobby as if it was some kind of baked bread. "On that note, building dens must be exhausting, I'm so glad we have strong lions like you who don't mind so much."

"Oh, we met just the other day!" Pekee informed the lion with excitement.

She liked gloating, even when it wasn't about herself.

"... And of course he's strong, since he's the best of both a lion and a leopard after all." She glowed cheerily. "Though I do wonder if you are stronger than a lion..." She directed this to Aquapuga himself. "Leopards aren't stronger than lions usually, right? But if your the best of both does that make you extra strong or only half as strong as a lion?" It was a question Pekee was curious to find the answer too.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:38 am
CaliWolfe

Lithiasaur

Aquapuga gave a bored look at the male. "Intelligence actually is more than half of what will win a fight. Pure strength can be taken down by using a bit of wit to get an opponent to make a stupid mistake. As to what I do around here, I have recently spoken to Queen Elsa and become one of her guards. I am strong enough. One has to be strong when one does not have a pride to shelter them from harm as a cub." The leopon stood with all the grace and pride of a king. Luckily he did not look down his nose at anyone, or he might have been taken as a bit of a snob. He gave the female a frown when asked if he knew her well.

"I met this lioness just the other day and it would seem all she does is gossip." Aquapuga gave a sigh and really wanted to face paw at the questions that she was firing away again. And here he'd thought the other day was tiring. "No, I am not stronger than the majority of lions. I AM stronger than most leopards. There are always exceptions to that, though. I am somewhere between the two on strength, but I am faster in speed and reflex than most lions. These are very useful things in a fight. Perhaps we should teach YOU to fight, then you would have a useful skill besides chattering all day." He could teach her to fight. He figured the build of a lioness should be similar to his own when it came to fighting capability.

"The best thing is not having an ability or skill, but knowing how to use it well. Anyone could build a den if they must, but I would think only those with proper knowledge could build one that will not fall down easily." The Leopon meant no slight to the lion before him. He was just pointing out the truth of the world as far as he saw it. "Just like anyone can fight if they must, but without proper knowledge, they are going to get hurt badly." He did not want to make enemies. What would Else think if he got into a fight with someone because this female ticked them off?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:32 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

CaliWolfe

Rizardon listened thoughtfully, though his expression was bland and fairly vacant. He was just doing his best to keep up with the discussion, thinking he had somehow gotten himself in much deeper than he thought he was. He was in over his head, and he was not sure he could really relate to what they were talking about.

He was, for his part, a very simple lion. He liked to keep things simple. Lions were lions, for example, and leopards were leopards. Lion-leopard... things... were pushing it. But he was willing to accept him for what he was, and certainly did not want to argue the merits of being a leopon.

There did seem to be some tension in the air, though, and Rizardon looked at the female, shaking his head.

"Well, anyone can be as strong as they want to be. It's just important to practice and stay in shape, you know? I don't know what you two have going, but I didn't mean to make either of you mad by butting in here. Maybe we shouldn't be talking about others when they're not around. Except... you are right here, so it's not... I guess it's okay now, but before it wasn't. Well anyway. I've at least learned something new."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 am
Lithiasaur
Sorry about the delay guys!

Kathryn Dragonna

Teach her to fight? Pekee considered this. But then she laughed merrily along with her reply "Silly Aquapuga, I'm a terrible fighter! Why would anyone want to fight me anyways?" Pekee truly felt she was bad at anything violent. Hunting often lead to few stories of success as she would feel bad for her prey. Instead of fighting against someone who had found her particularly aggravating she would run away. Fighting just wasn't her. Chatting away and entertaining youths was more of her style.

When Rizardon shook his head at her Pekee the lioness was quick to "correct him" on their attitudes. "Oh! I'm not mad, and Aquapuga was like this the other day too, so I think everything is normal?" She assumed that the tension was totally normal behavior, either that or she had completely dismissed it. Still, she was uncertain and thus her questioning of the statement.

"I was saying good things though. Is it still not a good think to talk without others here when your saying only good things about them?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:09 pm
"Do not worry, she is always like this from what I have seen. It is not your fault. She seems to just speak without thinking, though she said nothing wrong... yet." Aquapuga sighed at the female. She was frustrating and the male wanted to smack her just for that. He had nothing agianst the lion that she was speaking to. This male seemed nice, dutiful to the pride, and perhaps a bit simple in his outlook. That was not necessarily a bad thing, though. Pekee just managed to annoy the leopon without much effort.

The lioness' merriment at Aquapuga's suggestion made him sigh at her. "One should have the knowledge to defend oneself. What you might find, Pekee is that someone will not want to fight you but expect you not to know how to fight back and attack you anyway. There are those in this world that are not nice to a pretty friendly lioness." He shot her a stern glare to try to make her take what he said seriously. He doubted she would take it seriously, but he was going to try to make her.

Lithiasaur

CaliWolfe

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:01 am
Lithiasaur
Sorry about the delay guys! ... again.

Kathryn Dragonna

"Yep." Pekee smiled. She wasn't embarrassed like she probably should have been that words just came from her mouth as naturally as breathing air was. Besides, she hadn't said anything mean or bad, why would anyone be angry when Pekee's nonsense chatter was mostly always positive stuff?

"I'd just run away from them." She said, "that way they can't attack me!" Pekee's mind didn't consider that they might attack her when she didn't expect it. She didn't consider that maybe if someone was to attack her she'd be cornered and be forced to fight them. She didn't consider anyone a threat, and Aquapuga trying to make her take him serious was seriously not working at all. The chatty lioness didn't look concerned in the least!

[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games