Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[LIFE HUNTER ORP] LAB 3B06 (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:38 am
It seemed that not being a horsemen meant you had limited knowledge and that Medea just wasn't a big name all around to anyone. It was rather startling considering her massive amount of power and it sent a grave shiver down his spine that even her power didn't somehow reach the highest scale of notoriety.

He had been hoping for more information on the horsemen, but since they didn't know a specific member, he wasn't sure how much the demons actual knew.

He was just about to follow down his own line of questioning about the horsemen on a more general line of questioning when the tail of the one demon struck him as a bit - peculiar.

It seemed familiar, very familiar, but despite it not coming to him right away, it already started to make his heart beat a little faster.

"What exactly ARE you? What type of demon?" His eyes remained on Sludge's tail, trying to force his brain to give him an answer to why the tail and some of the features of the demon somehow called back to something.

poke mattix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:34 am
Sludge's attention was drawn back to the human with the blonde hair, his eyes staring at the hunter before he answered.

"zzzeeee.......nooo....." It was hard for him to pronounce the name of his own species, so he decided to try and show him instead. Try being a very strong word at the moment.

Slowly the monster pushed himself off the ground, the tail Melvin had been staring at helping him to keep balance and support his shaky legs. He was much weaker then normal thanks to the lack of FEAR he had been given, but Sludge still managed to open his mouth and shriek at the hunter, just like he would if he was trying to scare someone.

MoonKitsune

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm
poke mattix

The scream might have been intended to scare, and it should have been considering the movie franchise that made the sound iconic, but to a mega Alien fan, it only made Melvin's eyes grow wide with the sparkle of childhood glee, and a small smile of awe at what he was seeing.

The creature, this demon, was a....was a....was a...

"YOUR A XENOMORPH??!!!" Moving up to the class like a child seeing a tiger for the first time in a zoo. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!"

In awe, Melvin looked to the other hunters in the room, pointing and then looking at Sludge and making a noise as if to say something, failed at words, looked back at the other hunters to wave his clipboard at the demon behind the class in disbelief at what he was finding out and then looked back to the class.

"That...That's AMAZING!" He had questions. SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Sludge had a fan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:55 pm
Per Ami's orders, Evan arrived at 8 AM sharp prepared to interrogate the prisoners--no, no, he was just going to ask them some questions. As tempting as it was to break through the glass and maim the captives into giving him the answers he wanted, he had been granted this opportunity like a gift from Ami, who wasn't really known for being giving, and he would treat it as such.

Maybe, if he was good, she would give them to him to dispose of once they had outlived their usefulness. Then he could take his time with them, drag it out that much longer as a reward to himself for being well-behaved today.

He was unsurprised to see so many Life coats in the room, but he didn't feel out of place. He had been invited, after all. Evan nodded respectfully at Ami in the booth before turning his attention to the creatures. One of them was barely comprehensible; another, too spirited. But the raum, oh, they were familiar with that one. They remembered how it had quivered and begged and they had ripped its throat out with their teeth anyway. That one could be intimidated.

He walked up to the glass in front of it, tapping on it lightly to get the creatures attention. "You remember us, don't you?" Evan asked it, his smile revealing far too many teeth to be entirely friendly.

kuroopu
im so sorry

Inle-roo

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:03 pm
To say Sludge was baffled at the adoration Melvin displayed was a understatement. He just didn't have a clue as to how he should handle this. The human wasn't frightened or angered or even bored, he was...happy? Excited? That was not a response he would expect. He did nod though because he was being serious, but continued to stare in bewilderment at Melvin as he was pointed at and a clipboard was waved in his direction. Was this some sort of human reaction he was unaware of?

He looked towards Jil and Xavier for some sort of answer, then finally to the other hunters in the room as if to say what the hell is going on is he nuts. He then backed away from the glass in a awkward shuffle.

Quote:
Sludge's Will Gauge
Trust: 10%
Calm: 50%
Obedience: 80%
Approachability: 40%

MoonKitsune
OMG MELVIN XDD You can still ask him stuff he's just a little...disturbed ouo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:28 pm
poke mattix
Melvin is a Aliens junkie. He has action figures. He has movie collections. HIS GIRLFRIEND MADE HIM A STUFFED ANIMAL!

As Sludge moved away, Melvin only moved closer till he was more or less pressed up against the glass.

He tapped his tablet for a fresh document and then stared up, wide-eyed and smiling at the demon. "Do - Do you have a second mouth? I didn't see it. What about eggs? Do you have a colony? Do you have a Queen?"

Someone might need to get Melvin a chair. He was starting to feel a bit over-excited and short of breathe.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:55 pm
Jack damn that was a lot of questions. Sludge frowned at first, slowly edging closer to the glass again but not as close as before. Having dropped back into a crouch he opened his mouth wide and raised a claw to point inside. There was no second mouth to be seen, but then he turned side ways to show Melvin his arm, and the strange skeleton pin that was strapped there. He then pointed to that and nodded. A very strange way of him saying he had a second mouth, just not in his current form.

The next questions wouldn't be so easy to answer with just pointing and gesturing, so he took a breath and began the laborious task of using half formed words to explain everything.

"I....hhaaa....kooloni....haave kreen.... Kreen have...pummm...kin"

MoonKitsune
BUT DOES HE HAVE THE VIDEO GAMES? DID HE PLAY COLONIAL MARINES? O.O

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 pm
poke mattix
No. He never got the chance.

chiickadee
Just a quick hug. Melvin swears he'll be in and out of the containment unit in a few seconds. Promise. He swears. Just give him 5 minutes.

Okay 10.

Melvin didn't even type and instead lifted the tablet slowly to cover his mouth as his mouth hanged in awe at just being able to hear this. To know this existed - that Sludge existed. It was like a child hearing that Candyland was a real place and it was right around the corner.

Lowering the tablet, he only stood there and just smiled. "Oh, that's so coooolll." The hunter rarely used that word, and now he was saying it and close to tears as he did. "I want to touch you so badly and see your other mouth and your Queen." He wanted to go in a golem and skip hand in hand with this amazing creature and go to its home.

Instead, he slowly started to walk to the containment door. "Can I just....for a second?"

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 pm
Ami watched Evan with a judgmental stare, waiting for him to slip up. She expected very little from him.

It was very strange that Melvin was walking towards a door that did not exist, since the interview room consisted of 3 concrete walls (no windows) and a thick translucent wall for viewing.

However, Ami did comment, "If you'd like to visit, I'd be more than happy to watch your body be eviscerated by the massive amounts of FEAR pumping into the quarantine space. Accommodations can always be made for such eager participants." Pleasant, as always. She wrote something down on her paper, akin to "xenomorph fanatic." Notes for later, notes for later. She nodded at the life hunter though, almost approvingly. He was gaining the monster's trust- very commendable.

inle-roo

moonkitsune

poke mattix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 pm
"k....kool...." Sludge had come to the conclusion that yes, this human was insane. He wanted to go with him and visit his hive and, more importantly, his queen. At first he felt threatened by the idea of a human going anywhere near his leader but then he realized that any human foolish enough to even dare enter the hive would be seen off very quickly by the thousands of drones that protected the area and saw to the queens every need.

He then began to back away again when Melvin began moving to the glass, turning towards Ami when she finally said something. This something being complete and utter bullshit as there was hardly any FEAR in this place at all.

As if to demonstrate this utter lie he flopped on the ground looking exhausted. It wasn't just a act because he really did feel tired.

Quote:
Sludge's Will Gauge
Trust: 10%
Calm: 50%
Obedience: 80%
Approachability: 40%

chiickadee
Sludge is calling you out on your BS

MoonKitsune
Aww. He needs to play all the SNES alien games D:

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:29 am
When chastised by the inferior trainee, Mimsy appeared more puzzled than angered by it.

"Our entire history is irrelevant," she scoffed. "One should only speak what is necessary, when it is necessary. When at all possible, energy should not be wasted in any capacity, which extends to FEAR itself."

He had left her alone regardless, so she returned to the more pressing matter of the student who spoke to her. 'The white coats' meant a very different thing to humans, which caused a momentary delay in her realization that this probably referred to them and not some sort of Halloween asylum. When the connection was made, something seemed to flicker to life behind her eyes, a spark of something more than just methodical information absorption and recall.

"You knew others," she corrected, taking several steps forward to stand at a smaller distance from the ghoul in confinement. Once she was as close as she could reasonably be, she unpinned a brooch from the middle of her collar and allowed it to fall into her palm, which she then extended outward. "This is Svensyl. He was once a Jabberwock. Denizens of Halloween are occasionally repurposed here - with or without prior consent."

There was no sadness or regret in her tone, no hint of her opinion; this was simply stating what was factual. She glanced at the numerous pointy teeth, then towards the 'bauble' that the ghoul had indicated, and tilted her head just slightly.

"Your teeth are exceptional." A rare compliment, entirely honest, albeit out of place here. "In regards to this sampling, I think no such thing. That is absurd, and riddled with baseless assumptions. Careless, if not a simply racist generalization."

She seemed exasperated and very close to done, agitated by the continuation of what she perceived as the same ignorance that plagued the majority of the island, until it registered that they had been asked if they knew about 'The Elvis'.

Oh, did she ever.

"The Elvis presided over my sixth marriage," she boasted, extending the rings on her other hand so it might be more readily seen. "I was admittedly quite eager to complete the ceremony, so we spoke very little, but we have met. I do not mean to minimize the point that you have made, and would like to emphasize that I continue to agree, but I could not reasonably withhold this particular data."

It was entirely safe to assume, given the evidence, that it might have literally killed her to miss an opportunity to brag about being married to Robert when one was presented. And oftentimes even when one wasn't.

"Might I ask..." The rings continued to be very obviously flaunted. "What is your field of study? Mine was astrophysics, as I said, and I am quite curious what your education entails. Does a formal education interest you, or are you more inclined to independent study?"

xiloveyouDIE
xGrymoire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 am
"Repurposed?" Jil actually physically bristled as she viewed the pin. "As if we are some derelict household appliance??!!"

The small ghoul hissed again through her teeth, his time an eye opening in her forehead, discharging a pink beam that seemed to fizzle out in mid-air. The red pendant on her chest glowed and she suddenly swooned to a kneel.

"So you are butchers then? I am to assume that my fellows have had their glorious existences.. repurporposed? What sorcery is this? Humans should not be capable of such magicks.." It was half to herself and half aloud, with the strain of weakness that attempting to use her powers had resulted in.

She shook her head. "Once again you lie. The Elvis is an all powerful spirit who takes to the human world once every thousand years, infiltrating them through a vessel, and guiding mass souls to Halloween through his siren song." Jil huffed the explanation as if she were dealing with a scareling, "Everyone knows that. You were exploited, clearly."

Jil cared not for rings. She cared not for fingers. She wanted to bite them off and taste what human would be like on her tongue, between her teeth. Perhaps roasted by eye-beam...

"I am not required to share that information. It is beyond your understanding, human. I am no primitive like these rubes..." She motioned to the other two captives.

nothing yet

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash