Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 pm
User Image

The day was nice and as her mate was at a Family get together Kokoro thought it was be ok to wander off a bit and look for some berries to eat. Like a flutter she can size down. Though she only does that when playing in flowers or when startled. Which in turn startles the one that startles her. That fact makes her friend Tsumetai giggle. Sighing at that thought as she heads off to look about. After all she knows that some of her favorite berries to snack on grow around this area. Walking about so light on her feet just like how her voice is so soft it is hard to heard her. This shy little thing finally finds her berries and Oh my there are a lot of patches of them this year. Her grace filled steps lead her to one of the best patch of them as she then leans into the bush as she starts to nibble on the berries. Oh so good.

Although while eating she is so very careful as to not stain her white coat. Not allowing even a single drop of the juice from the berries get onto her fur at all. The day was a nice one through and through. Not too cold or hot. It was just right in temperature and in the ratio of the clouds and sun were just right as well. No rain today and that was nice. Water on the feathered part of her wings was fine and all but the moment it touched her flutter wings it felt very uncomfortable until they dried out. Oh how she loved the rain but playing in it was a no no. Snow was a bit better although it made the flutter part of her wings feel funny if they were still for too long.

Now putting all the wing stuff aside for now. It wasn't time to think about all that. It was a nice day and to be enjoyed. Not to be wasted by too much though on the little things like how snow and water make her flutter wings feel. Chewing on some berries as she hums softly to herself. Oh this day couldn't be better. Her mate enjoying time with family and her not to far from them just in case something happens. Not that anything was going to happen. At least not on this fine day. After all there was no signs of danger and the area with filled with the sounds of birds and other animals. But if it got silent then that was when one needed to start worrying about dangerous thing being in the area. Shaking her head to rid such thoughts. No no no enjoy the day she tells herself in her own head.

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 pm
User Image

Samhain smiled to himself, walking along quietly as he gazed at the land about. He had learned, in this time, that there were kind beings who looked outwardly outlandish- and not all were to be feared. Though some still gave him the creeps, he understood now that not all who bore appendages that seemed at first unnatural were truly... odd.
Or mean, angry, any of those things- such traits were perhaps still likely to prey upon those with teeth and talons and claws to match, but the lighter breeds he had come to know- those who more wings of birds or little tiny wings in weird places- were entirely... nice... to be around.

Thus smiling at the pleasant turn of events, and the accompanying growth of his own understanding of the other creatures who inhabited the land, he grinned all the while when he found a nice little bush with some surely-sweet red berries.

Completely unaware that there was another being moving so quietly on the opposite side of the bush, he munched thoughtfully for a little while, carefully using his teeth to pluck the sweet juicy things from their perch.
He had only recently discovered berries, and he quite liked them... though he could not eat so many as he could grass, as his stomach was rather upset if he ate too much too sweet too fast.
Pacing himself, his ears flickered to and fro, monitoring his surroundings as he was so accustomed to... just in case.

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 pm
Kokoro hearing the sounds of another and very close. Unsure if she should run or not as her wings start to flutter making a sound like a butterfly as she is a bit timid to new things. This is her shyness at it's best. Frozen in place as she is pondering on what to do think calms down thinking that maybe it is a bunny or something. She goes back to humming again. Shifting about the bush as she then sees it isn't a bunny.

A small soft scream.. Well if you could call it a scream with how soft and silent her voice is. "Ahh" After knowing that the stallion saw her she sizes down as small as she could being the size of a bird.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm
Samhain froze at the silent, soft sound... barely there, a whisper on the wind, and yet... something... and another.

Standing still, he waited, his teeth hovering over a berry as a form approached- and VANISHED.

Samhain jerked backwards, startled, his nostrils flaring wide as his front leg raised as if to protect himself or flee- startled reflexes all happening even as a tiny scream reached his poised ears.
Snorting, his eyes darted quickly, searching for the hiding-place of this... wait... white, so pale, and... pink? and... there.

He stared down at the miniature version of the... mare... he had just seen, lips clenched tight as he slowly lowered his neck from its arched-back position.
Something so small.... again, the familiar logic of one who weighed the worth of the risk of every encounter: so small, this one, as to be easily escaped, should the need arise.

And... had he seen a flicker of... butterfly? Horn?

Two polar opposites, or so he would think. Horns were for goats, and rams, and other creatures who regularly butted heads with others. He'd heard tales of horned creatures who could heal great wounds, but how in all the Lands could that be true?
And, butterflies... harmless, pretty, beautiful, and tiny.

Peeking down at the butterfly-goat, he blinked as he noticed that it had been only one tiny little horn. Like the tales.
Butterfly-... he couldn't remember the name... ah.... unicorn?

Neither of those things consumed meat.

Thus decided, he cleared his throat a little, setting his leg down gently.
"Hello." he murmured, a little uncertain, wondering if the poor creature had been as afraid of him as he had been of it.

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm
Noticing that the stallion was just as startled as she was as she blinks a few times. Sighing in relief as she slowly resizes to her normal size but is still smaller then the stallion. "H..he.. Hello." Her soft sweet voice escapes from her as she said hello. Stuttering a bit as she looks away from the stallion after all she is shy and not use to others.

Sadly she can't hide behind her mate or best friend. Standing there in her full size while looking at the ground too shy to look at the stallion himself. "I a..am Ko..ko..Kokoro."

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm
Waiting, he watched the flutter of tiny eyelids and felt himself relax more at her (white, pink... female?) little sigh.
The stuttering greeting, uttered in such a soft and pretty voice, confirmed his suspicions.

He smiled a little and bowed to her, a silent apology for causing her fright- even if she had scared him too.
Holding the pose until he was sure she had seen the gesture, he rose a little, entirely unsure of what to make of her slow return to full-size.

Shape-shifter.
The word trickled across his mind, but it was attached to those horrid things called Skinwalkers and was by no means meant to apply to a creature such as she.

He sighed, utterly baffled again.
Just when he thought he was understanding this place.... he'd been born here, he'd have thought someone would have been there to explain it all but apparently his family thought it more important to shower love and affection and then Okay you're grown go be an adult.

Exasperated, he quickly shook his head and cleared his expression to one that was more amenable to company.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Kokoro, my name is Samhain." Some found comfort in the niceties- and he, at least, had been taught those. With a silent grumble at his parents, he smiled a little, trying to put the little-big mare... thing... at ease.

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 pm
"So...sorry i..if my be..being able t..to re..re.size my..myself. I h.ha..have flu..flutter blo..blood. As we..well as Un..unicorn and wi..wind." She points out as she knows that some who have never seen a flutter are startled by the being able to size down and up again. It is something others just aren't accustom to seeing one change their size unless it is a skin or pure walker.

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Samhain listened, piecing together the sentence by removing letters here and there and considering what she meant instead of the exact words that trailed from her lips in halting bursts.
"Please, no need to apologize... I shouldn't have crept upon you, though I was approaching these berries without a thought." he sighed inwardly, wondering what she meant by the rest. Flutter, Unicorn, Wind, resizing herself. It seemed that she was three things, all rolled into one, three words and only one of which he'd heard before. He knew she could resize herself, and was the answer in her flutter blood or in some combination of all that he was?
He sighed.

Life was confusing.

"I am Samhain." that, at least, he could offer. "I bleed red, and I know my bloodline but I suppose I am just a regular Soquili- or, regular for me, anyway." Regular was subjective, so he supposed that wasn't the best word for it, but it was the best he could come up with.
His expression softened, as he relaxed a bit, leaving off his internal lecturing to fix his gaze (gently) on the timid mare.

"Please... if you wish me to go, I shall." Though he was curious, he would leave, if it was his mere presence that was making her so uncomfortable.
Her stammered apology made him hope that she would perhaps ask him to stick around, but he did not wish to stay where he wasn't welcome... and, after all, she'd found the berries first.

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:21 pm
"Oh no... Pl.. plea..please st...stay. There ar..are en..enou..enough to go around." Her shy soft voice speaks as she watches him. As long as he isn't dangerous there isn't a reason for them not to be able to share the berries. After all there are enough to go about for the two of them and enough others if they joined. Besides if she was in danger all she would need to do is scream and her lover would come to her aid in a heart beat. She knows that so she relaxes and calms down a bit more as she watches the stallion and smiles. And making a new friend is a good thing.. Right?

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 am

Samhain eyed her respectfully as she stammered through her invitation for him to stay, sighing a little inwardly as he shifted his position to be not-so-direct. When dealing with small woodland creatures who were often more frightened of him than he had been of their sudden flight or rustling in the bushes, he found it was often useful to angle his body away from them, his energy thus directed elsewhere so he wouldn't seem like a threat, while his head remained turned politely towards them in case they wished to... chatter. scold? He never knew quite what their sounds meant, as only the familiars could truly express themselves. He could guess, of course, but it wasn't the same as talking to someone as big as he who could make ... herself, this time... known, even if she did take a little while to get it out.

Perhaps her shyness could not be helped by something so simple as a courtesy 'i'm-not-a-threat' pose, but it was worth a try.
If she didn't want him to leave, he could at least make her not regret asking him to stay.

"Of course, I would be most honored." he responded, nodding slightly and considering her unique appendages once more. Perhaps, he thought, he would not be so startled by another with those with wings such as these and even that slightly-dangerous-looking-horn... remembering her, this Kokokoro (he paused, wondering if that was truly her name or if she had merely stammered in pronouncing it), fondly.
Relaxing a little more, he peeked from the berries to her. "Do you... eat here often?"

Kara Asumie
Ba dum PSHHH.... xD ...

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:50 am
Calmer and more relaxed as she smiles. "I only come here to eat when my lover and his family get together for their family get together. They always meet in this area." Her stutter is gone as she is a lot more comfortable now then when she first noticed him. Her wings flutter a bit as she eats some more berries. This was the only place that Zephyr's family would come to meet each other. They were like a family herd but not all in one.

They liked to have freedom but to also be there for each other need it was needed or wanted.

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:34 pm
His eyes popped slightly at the term 'lover'- so much more intimate than mate, yet holdings notes of the idea of one beloved above all others, so truly sweet- but he quickly recovered his expression and smiled.
He was.... slightly... anxious at the idea of encountering this shy mare's lover, as he would surely be protective of her and rather disgruntled with himself for frightening her- even if it had been mutual. Casting a quick, slightly suspicious glance around as if expecting the stallion to pop up accusingly from the bushes, he focused once more on her. "Ah, I see- it must be lovely to be a part of a big family."

He noted the lack of stutter with a feeling of slight satisfaction, pleased that she had settled down now and that he was of no bother to her.
Following he example, he plucked a few berries from the bush and munched thoughtfully for a little while.

He stopped chewing suddenly, rolling her words over in his mind.
Family... get together... here?
"Oh, these aren't your herd-lands, are they? I shouldn't wish to intrude on a family's special territory." he said anxiously, feeling rather foolish despite having seen no signs of ownership on his travels. Owning land was an odd thing, in his mind, but he appreciated that others took it quite seriously and so was quite distressed that he might have broken some unseen creed.

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 pm
Kokoro thinks a bit as she looks at Samhain as she smiles. "It is still a small family but it is growing and one day it will be a big family." The thought makes her happy and filled with joy as she looks over in the area which her lover and his family were to meet up. Knowing that she herself isn't an outsider and would be welcomed. She just can't handle being around so many yet. But maybe one day that will change. Hearing him as she looks back towards Samhain as she thinks a bit "No we aren't a herd still to small just a Family Unit. And no this isn't a special territory. Just a place we travel to from time to time. No others live here it is safe here." She points out. After all being safe is the best thing.

"I became part of this family unit when I befriended one of the mares. While a skinwalker took her and didn't release her. I ended up finding her nephew and befriending him. We would even look for her. In time we fell in love. A few months later her escaped and returned to us so we all never travel alone and stay within shouting range of another so if something comes we call out and then head to safety." She stated as she smiles again. "That is what makes a herd or family unit wonderful I guess." Leaning into the bush and nibbling on some more berries as she flutters her wings as they get restless if she isn't moving them from time to time. Eating as she starts to hum a sweet soft tone. Doing this means that she thinks of him as a friend and that he is more then welcome to stay around not only her but the family unit she is part of.

"So you are a traveler right? Where is your home lands?" She ponders as she wants to know more of him after all friends learn more about each other and that is a way of forming the bonds of friendship. "No need to worry you are a friend now. And I stuttered saying my name before. It is Kokoro. It means Heart. So you can call me Ko or Heart. " Stating as she stretches out a bit after all she had been standing in the same pose for such a long time now that she needed to stretch and shift her weight about to get comfy again for awhile more as she rests one of her back legs. Looking at the sky and then down to the bush in front of her. Oh how she wanted to eat more of the sweet berries but knew if she did it would upset her tummy.

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:25 pm
Samhain relaxed slightly at her tone, and her smile; she did have a lovely smile, and he enjoyed seeing it rather than a look of startled surprise. He listened as she spoke, his head tilting to one side now and again, his eyes widening as her tale wove on to include Skinwalkers and daring escapes.
It truly was remarkable.

"I am glad we are safe." he smiled in turn. "And I am glad they are all safe, once more- your family, that is." Friends into family- how very sweet!
He concentrated consciously on the good points of the story, on the blossoming friendships and the emergence of love. Of safety in numbers, and in proximity to one another- something he didn't really understand.
He'd met some in his travels, but formed no.... lasting.... bonds.

An image of a horrible beast, that called S...Skinwalker, flashed through his mind, and he blanched- then scolded himself internally and shook his head, offering her a nervous smile as he once more sought to focus on happy things.
After all, it wasn't healthy to be always flashing into fearful tremors.

Her song- so sweet and soft- did wonders to soothe him, the wordless melody a quiet reminder of friendship. He found himself blinking as she posed her next question, coming back from the quiet trance-like state with a quick perk of his features. "Yes, I travel- I...." He frowned a little "I don't really have a home land, persay; there's where I was born, but I no longer reside, and there's where I grew- but that place shifted and changed with my travels. So, I suppose my home-lands are everywhere and nowhere, wherever I... rest." It was almost sad, now that he shared it with one who had so much love in her life- and yet, he wouldn't wish to intrude anywhere, nor had he found any to invite him in and make him feel at home. "I don't have a home, save for that of my own body- and that, more a resting place for my mind, if I don't say so myself!" he tried to insert a cheerful note into his voice, but he'd never been very good at nonchalance.

Friend.
Such a simple word, and yet containing such inspiring meaning. Among friends?
Wouldn't that be... nice.

"Kokoro-" Heart. What a stunningly perfect name for one such as she! He grinned- not that he'd have thought a heart to have wings and a horn, let alone be of three distinct- races, was that the term?- but, then, the heart was a confusing thing (as was so much of the world for him) and yet... it fit. "That is a lovely name... Ko." It didn't feel quite right to call someone else's ... 'Lover'... Heart, for all that it might be an innocent thing to do.
She was- the heart of her friends, her family, her... home.

His smile turned a little lop-sided.
"I'm just- Samhain."

Kara Asumie

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:21 pm
Kokoro nods a bit as she smiles some more. "We are very safe here. And yes that is true. My family has adopted others into it so that is another reason it has grown so fast. Like my first ever friend Tsumetai. She adopted a sister. And has one. So two in all." Being shy and timid was fine but she is getting use to him little by little and so she will get a bit more talkative then she was before when she just noticed him. As she listens to him talk while closing her eyes a bit to eat some more and enjoy this time. No home land. Her closed eyes open rather quickly as she looks at him. She then recalls something that Tsumetai had said once. "Home is where the heart is. If your heart is in many places then you have many homes." She points out as she watches him for a bit. After all if Home is where the heart is then everyone would have a home no matter what. That way of thinking was something she was happy to have from time to time and thanks Tsumetai for the saying even though she isn't sure where Tsumetai had heard it.

"My name is because of my markings. They are heart shaped. So my mother thought that it would be cute to name me after one of the markings on my coat. Stripes and Spots didn't do it for her but when she saw the heart shaped spots she named my Kokoro without another thought to it." Smiling as she hears him give his name. "Samhain is a nice name. Do you shorten it at all or just go by Samhain all that time? Oh when marking really good friends your name is great to shorten for a nick name. Mine there is really only Ko or Ro to it in order to shorten it. I mean there are a few other ways to do so but they just sound off. But if one shorten your name to Sam it still sounds very nice." She can't help but to be in such a great mood because she is counting Samhain as a new friend in her book and when making a new friend she becomes overjoyed and really happy. After all who wouldn't be happy making a new friend. And more so a friend that has traveled so much and seen a lot more then she has. "So you travel a lot? What wonderful things or other soquili have you come across?" Wondering as she watches and waits from his reply to that one question the most. She would love to travel but doesn't think it is something that she would be able to do. She would rather stay near her lover and his family.

Huroggmeten

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff